Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

I thought about last night's loss & one thing about the game kept standing out. Here's a listing on the Western Conference playoff PG's: SA-Porter/A Johnson, SAC-J-Williams, LA-D-Fisher, UTAH-Stockton, Mavs-Nash, PORTLAND-Stoudamire, SUNS-KIDD,& Wolves-Brandon. Now there are common threads between 3 guards.....Jason Williams,Damon Stoudamire, & Steve Nash. These guys are all young but also they arent great decision makers. All 3 play a high risk/reward games. Maybe in time they may mature into better decision makers. The responsibility of a PG is to run the team, get the guys the ball where they want it , when they want it. Scoring to me is a bonus. The Mavs are a better team when Nash is the 4th leading scorer. He headed a nice 4th quarter comeback, but he wasnt getting others involved in quarters 1-3. The saving grace for SAC is they get good production from Bobby Jackson. The Blazers dont have faith in Stoudamire or they wouldnt have gotten Strickland, or play Greg Anthony 4th quarter minutes when he's healthy. Then our Mavs have um err.......Howard Eisley. I dont know how to address these issues, ..probably just go through the growing pains with the young PG, but to me its clear.....Our time isnt now.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:10 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I just finished posting on another thread about how the point guard position killed us lastnight. Our point guard play has broke down the last two games within the last minute. I agree with you 100%!
Old 04-26-2001, 03:39 AM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Yes yes yes yes that's right. I don't think Nash was born to play 45 minutes!
Old 04-26-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

IMO Nash is just running out of steam. He's played like what, 10 straight months of basketball. He him self even admitted that he's worn out.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 10:28 AM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

he seem re-energized in a couple of late season games... i think more than anything it's a combination of the jazz making concerted efforts to get the ball out of his hands..and when is able to drive, he's made some poor decisions....
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote