Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #401
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

Perhaps that figure represents a compromise on a shorter term deal? Or perhaps Bucher's just a douche.
no matter what else turns out to be true....option B is already a done deal.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #402
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
Not sure if this has been posted, but Bucher is saying a deal if it happens won't happen until tomorrow. Per his Twitter:

"Get some sleep. I was told Marion S&T would be done tomorrow at the earliest. No truth to Phx interest in Matrix."
That strikes me as bizarre. They must feel awfully comfortable about Hedo's verbal commitment.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #403
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's nice to know anyway.

I sure thought something had to happen tonight if it was going to happen.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #404
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow then. Trying not to get my hopes up for this one, but it's starting to look like the Mavs once again know what the hell they are doing in the front office.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #405
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
Could be a front-loaded deal too.
I had forgotten about that. That is certainly a possibility. I'm wondering if no news could be good news in this case. Toronto could just forget about this, and get Turk signed as soon as possible. However if they are going to deal with us. You would think they would want to get this done A.S.A.P.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #406
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That strikes me as bizarre. They must feel awfully comfortable about Hedo's verbal commitment.
He did back out of a deal for them...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #407
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

wha!? no trades happening tonight?
CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #408
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only reason Marion's salary would *have* to start at any amount would be if there's another offer at that amount from a team under the cap. Excepting that that's the case, Marion's leverage is almost nonexistent here.

Perhaps that figure represents a compromise on a shorter term deal? Or perhaps Bucher's just a douche.
Exactly. His deal doesn't HAVE to start at anything. He's had a week to get a better deal than the MLE (get a deal at the MLE?), and it hasn't happened.

Now, the short term deal idea occured to me before. The Mavs could be telling him: "Take a one-year deal at a good rate, and try it again next summer, when much more money will be available. We'll tell Jason to throw you lots of passes and pad your stats." If Toronto renounces him, the Bird rights are gone. How long does it take to get those back? Will they be conveyed to us in a sign-and-trade? If the answers to those questions are what I think they are, a wait-and-see one-year deal makes a lot of sense. This idea of a 9.5MM contract seems to fall in line with that.

After all, if for whatever reason Marion didn't work out here, wouldn't we like that expiring deal at the trade deadline? It's all about the flexibility of the assets, baby. If we are going to spend some on Marion, we certainly would like to keep our options open.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #409
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Exactly. His deal doesn't HAVE to start at anything. He's had a week to get a better deal than the MLE (get a deal at the MLE?), and it hasn't happened.

Now, the short term deal idea occured to me before. The Mavs could be telling him: "Take a one-year deal at a good rate, and try it again next summer, when much more money will be available. We'll tell Jason to throw you lots of passes and pad your stats." If Toronto renounces him, the Bird rights are gone. How long does it take to get those back? Will they be conveyed to us in a sign-and-trade? If the answers to those questions are what I think they are, a wait-and-see one-year deal makes a lot of sense. This idea of a 9.5MM contract seems to fall in line with that.

After all, if for whatever reason Marion didn't work out here, wouldn't we like that expiring deal at the trade deadline? It's all about the flexibility of the assets, baby. If we are going to spend some on Marion, we certainly would like to keep our options open.
It takes three years to get full Bird rights back. And yes, they transfer in a trade.

I doubt he's looking for a one year deal though. Does he realy want to hit free agency when so many big stars are going to hit? It's a good thought by you though.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #410
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
wha!? no trades happening tonight?

Hedo doing another Hedo? Would it be the want to sign Hedo for assurance before the Marion S&T? Do we really need to take Banks contract?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #411
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It is a good idea, but I think a one year deal to a 31 year old is a tough, tough sell.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #412
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Hedo doing another Hedo? Would it be the want to sign Hedo for assurance before the Marion S&T? Do we really need to take Banks contract?
Every time I scroll by one of your posts my I get pissed because for a brief second I think a bug has somehow made it's way under my iphone screen.

...that's right people, I got iphone money
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #413
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It takes three years to get full Bird rights back. And yes, they transfer in a trade.

I doubt he's looking for a one year deal though. Does he realy want to hit free agency when so many big stars are going to hit? It's a good thought by you though.
I thought it was something like three...thanks for the confirmation. What are his Bird rights worth? (We remember what they were worth to George!) Next summer...I don't know, man...who feels good gambling on that right now? What is Marion's piece of the pie? Is he one of the "name" free agents? Is there just going to be lots of money to spare? Hard to call it. If you are Marion, do you want to lock up right now for the MLE over several years, or do you want to take near double for this year, and take your chances? Do you value Bird rights like George did, figuring that maybe you make it in Dallas...and they have no cap room to go for a Wade type but they can break their bank for you?

Lot of moving parts there.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #414
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
...that's right people, I got iphone money
But...do you have.......
Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #415
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine he wants a 2-3 year deal, even if the 3rd one has conditions to be met for it to be fully guaranteed. He knows that he is running low on time and whatever security he can get, he'll take it.

Hedo DID back out of the Portland deal to go to Toronto, I don't see a lot of other options he has. The only way he could get pissed is if he's a diva and get's all me, me, me and doesn't care about them trying to be nice to Marion. He knows he'll get paid, just let them try to handle their own business.

Bucher just seems like a prick.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #416
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I used to dislike Bucher but his podcasts with Bill Simmons have brought me around on him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #417
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
But...do you have.......
yep...got Jerry Jone money...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #418
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I used to dislike Bucher but his podcasts with Bill Simmons have brought me around on him.
I'm torn on him. He's great with Simmons and he's constantly dropping FA nuggets on Twitter but there wasn't a bigger Dirk hater in the media a few years back. He probably still feels the same way but we don't come up as much these days.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #419
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

from another board:

A source at CBS sports reported to me via email that the Raptors and Mavs have agreed in principle to trade the following assets:

Stackhouse+2M+Wright+2nd in exchange for Marion+Banks

------

I'd honestly rather it be Humphries instead of Banks...unless we're planning on shipping off Banks on the turnaround or Barea.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-07-2009 at 11:27 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #420
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Now we're giving up Wright? I mean, he's expendable for Marion, but that kinda sucks.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #421
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Wow third highest FG% in clutch time of any player
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #422
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
from another board:

A source at CBS sports reported to me via email that the Raptors and Mavs have agreed in principle to trade the following assets:

------

I'd honestly rather it be Humphries instead of Banks...unless we're planning on shipping off Banks on the turnaround or Barea.
Now you're cooking with grease!!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #423
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Now we're giving up Wright? I mean, he's expendable for Marion, but that kinda sucks.
Yeah, but we get Marcus Banks, yo!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #424
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Banks isn't that bad (contract aside), plus it will be nice to have a backup point that won't kill us so horribly on the defensive end.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #425
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
from another board:

------

That'd allow Marion's first year salary to be in the neighborhood of 7.3 million.

Humphries wouldn't be substitutable because the difference between his and Wright's salaries is less than 2 million.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #426
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Banks isn't some horrendous abortion of an NBA player, to be sure, but Wright is better. Wright even contributed minimally with a few nice 3's against the Spurs in the 'offs.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #427
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

"Get some sleep. I was told Marion S&T would be done tomorrow at the earliest. No truth to Phx interest in Matrix."

Bucher Twitter

Well, i like Wright but i thought he would be in. And honestly we dont need him with Jet/Josh/Carroll for SG. Anf if we pick up Ross for sure not.

Banks contract sucks but we have then at least a security PG and next year another 5 mio expiring.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #428
chumdawg
Guru

BG better be right!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #429
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If true, that puts Marion's starting salary at no more than about $7.3MM. That seems about right--a bit above MLE, but not crazy money given that MLE is really his only other option.

Banks is an expensive 2nd/3rd string PG for us.

This does thin out the SG spot a bit for us. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us. Don't think it will, Wright was/is expendable, and evidently we like Barea at SG anyway.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #430
LonghornDub

Yeah BG. Our friendship is over if you're wrong on this one.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #431
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That'd allow Marion's first year salary to be in the neighborhood of 7.3 million.

Humphries wouldn't be substitutable because the difference between his and Wright's salaries is less than 2 million.
You clearly use Excel quicker than I do.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #432
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
from another board:

------

If thats true, it really explains why we picked up Ross-- we wanted to secure a nice backup SG before shipping Wright off. Its unusual otherwise to be in such a hurry to secure a bench player, but it makes sense that the braintrust wanted to get some security before playing musical chairs.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-07-2009 at 11:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #433
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
This does thin out the SG spot a bit for us. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us. Don't think it will, Wright was/is expendable, and evidently we like Barea at SG anyway.
Isn't Josh Howard supposed to be our SG with Marion on the team?

Back him up with Terry & Ross, and I'd say we're pretty strong at the position - no need for JJB to crap it up...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-07-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #434
LonghornDub

Mavs' new SG depth chart:

Howard, Barea, Terry, Barea, Barea, Barea, Ross, Barea, Carroll.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-07-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #435
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I haven't watched Banks play in years but he was a defensive demon his first couple of years.

Looks like his shooting went in the toilet last year. Not just from the field but from the line too. Strange.

If this report is accurate we'll be his 7th team in 7 years. And that doesn't even include Memphis who drafted him and traded him to Boston.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #436
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

I'm guessing the FO's Plan is to have Ross make up for Wright. If he can defend as good, if not better than Wright, and shoot better I don't mind.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #437
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I would prefer K.Humpries instead of Banks, Donnie is getting schooled by BC..
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #438
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

In that trade we'd have space for barnes or marquis, if we wanted.

I'd really like to know Matrix's salary terms.

I will trust a healthy Josh and coach ric to figure out if he can play the 2.

Matrix will help a ton on off the ball defending when dirks getting challenged.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #439
Tokey41
Platinum Member

I think Josh will cover the SG a lot more than he did last season, which is how I can see the front office making Wright expendable. It's a shame to have to give him up on this one but we're still getting the clearcut better players talent wise. I think our backcourt will be fine even if Banks doesn't pan out well for us and the SG spot becomes too thin, considering we have a combo guard who happens to be the reigning sixth man of the year on the bench.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #440
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

lol damn just realized both marion and banks have been moved around together since their phoenix days.

Suns to Heat to Raptor and now possibly to Mavs. Both UNLC alumns too, weird :P

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 07-07-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dammit horse, nine whole gays