Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brand to sign with Philly?

Wild off-season for sure.
http://slamonline.com/online/2008/07...n-with-philly/

Quote:
That startling sound you just heard? It’s the yelp of pure, unadulterated joy from the long-suffering hoop die hards in the great city of Philadelphia. Well, that or Baron Davis’s head slamming against a brick wall.

It appears as though the Sixers are well on their way back to respectability, as Elton Brand has pulled a shocker on the Clippers by reportedly agreeing to a deal with the Sixers.

EB’s (now) former hometown paper has the details:

Elton Brand has reached a verbal agreement to sign a multiyear contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to an NBA source who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on player movements.

The deal is believed to be in the $80-million range and expected to span five years.

Yowza! Hey, Baron, you got a little over an hour to pull a Boozer on the Clip Show. Your former team is also getting Corey Maggette. It’s not too late to change your mind is it?

Much more on all of this madness tomorrow, obviously.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #2
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

brand to sixers, corey maggette to warriors, baron still with clippers, pietrus to orlando
and Joe prunty to the blazers (will miss ya fella),

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-08-2008 at 11:12 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Thank God.. now the Mavericks only have the Trailblazers to worry about in addition to the 7 other Play-Off teams that made it this year.

Golden State isn't going far without Davis.. and the Clippers without Brand will just make them a worser-version of what Golden State was this year.. potentially a threat but hopefully not.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Philadelphia created enough salary cap room to afford the two-time All-Star earlier in the day, when it sent Rodney Carney, Calvin Booth and a future first-round pick to the Timberwolves for a future second-round selection.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

being under the cap is nice. People just give you first round picks.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41
Thank God.. now the Mavericks only have the Trailblazers to worry about in addition to the 7 other Play-Off teams that made it this year.
I don't like this line of thinking...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #7
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

This is like Fresh Prince of Bell Air in reverse.

Some guys up in his neighborhood musta started some trouble so he's going to Philly.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

If Brand is going to the Sixers, what's up with Josh Smith then? They chased him, didn't they? Would be great to get him, although it would need a lot of work for Donnie and Cubes. Can't imagine that Atlanta would give him for nothing.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

jesus, i wonder if baron is pissed.

Baron
Elton
Corey.

all idiots.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I am laughing my a$$ off at Baron........

He (Baron) and David Sterling (Clips owner) deserve each other.
Though Brand really left the Clippers hung out to dry. They went out to sign B.D. to help build a better team around Brand and they also thought they would be able to re-sign Maggette. That was going to be a pretty good team.

Now look at them..... a bunch of nut cases!

They only one I feel sorry for is their coach Dunlevy.

The late great Dennis Johnson never got another shot at an NBA coaching job
after the Clippers owner shafted him many times over. Karma is a bitch!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I am quite happy by this news . And really it is for the better for the NBA as a whole. The East needs to be pumped up a bit (even though they keep winning championships). I'd like to see more than 2 teams fighting it out over there. Now.. the West is that much less competitive since the Clippers will not be anything without Brand and Maggette. The Warriors will not be anything without Brand or Baron. Houston hasnt done anything of significance this summer thus far.. I dont think the Suns are going to be that big of a deal next season (their trade was much worse than ours IMO). I mainly just worry about Maggette going to the Spurs if he doesnt get offered back by the Clippers (which Im sure will not be going after Josh Smith).

If we make another positive move of some sort this summer.. I really do not have much doubt that we can be elite in the west again. The best teams were beatable by us last season, we just kept losing at the end due to bad coaching and the team giving up. I don't see either of those things happening this season and we already have a better lineup than last season IMO.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice

I'd be willing to bet the clippers forums are going crazy! Feel sorry for them kinda.......
Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
I mainly just worry about Maggette going to the Spurs if he doesnt get offered back by the Clippers
Nothing to worry about - Maggette is going to the (Baron-less) Warriors...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo
I'd be willing to bet the clippers forums are going crazy! Feel sorry for them kinda.......
Yeah really. I can't even imagine what's going through their heads right now.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Wild off-season for sure.

you can say that again

Last edited by MavsX; 07-09-2008 at 09:48 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Wow...would stink to be a Clippers fan. Being close enough to competitive status that you can taste it only to be thrown back to the gutter and have a team that's probably not even as good as you had last year.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I wonder if he knew that Baron and Pietrus were gone =X

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #18
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Wow...would stink to be a Clippers fan. Being close enough to competitive status that you can taste it only to be thrown back to the gutter and have a team that's probably not even as good as you had last year.

I agree that AS OF NOW it could suck to be a Clipper fan but........The Clipps operated without Brand all but 8 games last year, They took a hit losing Maggette but BDavis MORE than makes up for that. Al Thornton has another years experience...They can go after JSmith now too, Even without JSMith IMO they will be better than 23-59. BDAvis offers soo much more than Maggette with his ball distribution and many other tools.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #19
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I wonder if he knew that Baron and Pietrus were gone =X
Maggette was just chasing the money, obviously. Warriors were the only team that could pay him over the MLE. He didn't want to opt out of 7mil to take a paycut. He's clearly more worried about cash than winning.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
BDAvis offers soo much more than Maggette with his ball distribution and many other tools.
True - I think the Warriors got the shortest end of the stick here (it puts a smile on my face to type that...)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Maggette was just chasing the money, obviously. Warriors were the only team that could pay him over the MLE. He didn't want to opt out of 7mil to take a paycut. He's clearly more worried about cash than winning.
Talk about taking a 180 - last week he was talking about settling for the MLE in Boston so he could win a ring...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #22
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

^ Not I. It makes me mad that a crappy team, with crappy management, that basically got nowhere, and is basically going nowhere, decided to beat the best Dallas Mavericks team in Dallas history in 6 games.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 07-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
^ Not I. It makes me mad that a crappy team, with crappy management, that basically got nowhere, and is basically going nowhere, decided to beat the best Dallas Mavericks team in Dallas history in 6 games.
Damn you for making me see things in a different perspective (I'm feeling kind of burned now...)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

Old 07-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #25
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

VERY INTERESTING

Falk’s hands all over Brand’s move to Philly
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Once Mike Dunleavy pushed past David Falk and reached out to Elton Brand, appealed to his star’s sensibilities and sentimentality for his Clippers’ home, the belief was that the most cunning and cutthroat agent of them all decided to treat this end-around as an act of treason.

Negotiations had stalled, management had grown uneasy, fearful of Falk’s influence and the Clips coach brought the franchise’s case directly to Brand. After all these years, the most famous agent of all was back in the game, back on the big stage, back with basketball waiting on his next move.

“From that point on,” one NBA GM said, “Falk was going to do everything he could to screw the Clippers.”

Along the way, too, everyone else could see what was happening here: The Bald Eagle was emboldened again. Falk was empowered. He was alive again, and the Clippers were done. As it turned out, he didn’t just screw the Clippers. Falk drilled them.

This was the ultimate retro week, with the promise of basketball’s longest-suffering franchise flushed when Falk hustled Brand into a five-year, $82 million contract with the Philadelphia 76ers. Yes, the Sixers have an intriguing young nucleus, a city near his New York home and the welcoming arms of a franchise that went to great lengths to clear cap space for him.

Maybe returning East was always in Brand’s heart, but it was never believed to be in his plans. Only now, Brand has gone to Philly, and the Clippers franchise, even with Baron Davis, has taken an irrevocable step backward. Such a beloved figure, Brand had been Clippers professionalism where there had been none. First to practice, a gentleman to all, the Clips are losing so much more than a guaranteed 20-and-10 every night.

Brand is a grown-up, responsible for his own choices, but Falk will forever be framed as the reason everything fell apart there.

Around the NBA, executives are still asking the same question: Did the Clippers and Brand have a prearranged deal that the power forward turned his back on? No one will ever admit it, but there was an understanding within the Clippers that the opt-out would allow them to bring back Brand and Davis together.

Several executives still believed, in the words of one Eastern Conference GM, that “Brand had pulled a Boozer.” Translated: Brand backed out of a preordained deal, which could explain why the Clippers were so stubborn about elevating the original $70 million offer that they made him in the wake of the opt-out.

Within this week, Falk had been privately griping that Brand had been angered with what the agent termed a “take-it-or-leave-it” offer. Falk grumbled that the Clips had left no room to negotiate, no discussion about closing the gap on the $90 million Golden State offer.

So, Falk started to tell Sixers GM Ed Stefanski: Go get more cap space. This could happen. Get more. So, Stefanski unloaded two contracts, cleared $2 million and stopped thinking that Atlanta Hawks restricted free agent Josh Smith was his No. 1 priority.

After Thursday, the Clippers had no more contact with Brand. All along, everything has to go through Falk. Now, there was a price to pay for the Clips. And now, they were terrified. Falk as a filter to Brand felt like a doomsday scenario. When the agent himself became sluggish about returning the Clippers’ calls in the final hours, the franchise feared the worst. They were getting Falked.

Owner Donald Sterling was willing to renounce several players to nearly match the Sixers’ $82 million offer, but the Clips could never be sure that Falk ever presented Brand with the information. Soon, Brand was gone to Philadelphia, Corey Maggette had grabbed $50 million in Golden State and David Falk had returned to orchestrate a July power play out of his old playbook.

“Once they let Brand opt out, they had to know that Falk would come back and bite them in the ass,” one GM said. “Did they think he wasn’t going to turn this into some kind of a drama? He was dying to get back into the spotlight here, to get himself a lot of attention again.”

Back in the ’80s and ’90s, Falk was shoulder to shoulder with David Stern as the most powerful suit in the sport. Michael Jordan was his calling card, the front man for a stable of clients that included Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and James Worthy. He was a ubiquitous public presence, the de facto president of the players’ union and a man every league executive feared, if crossed, could run him right out of a job.

Falk made hundreds of millions of dollars, left the business, but returned in the past couple of years because he missed the action. Until now, his return had mostly been marked with tiresome public proclamations about how the agent business had gone to hell in his absence.

Around the league, executives and agents are tired of Falk’s hypocritical rants about the ethics of the current crop, about how players are bought up so young, how alliances with AAU programs and street peddlers reached down into high school to procure players.

Falk had his own middle men, except they wore suits and had been declared educators. Yet, he was going to get those Georgetown and North Carolina stars, because John Thompson and Dean Smith said so. Now, the next generation get lectures on how corrupt it all is, and it’s a load of garbage.

The world no longer bows before Falk, the clients no longer rush to him. John Thompson is gone, but his son, John Thompson III, has honored the family tradition of pushing future Hoya pros to Falk. In the past two drafts, Falk has represented Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert and Patrick Ewing Jr. This spring, front-office executives dreaded his calls endlessly pitching Hibbert as a guaranteed lottery pick (17th to Indiana) and Ewing Jr., as a late first-rounder (43rd to Sacramento). They understand that an agent selling his prospects on teams is part of the job, but they can all do without the endless soliloquies on the good old days in the NBA, when it was run righteously: Under his rule.

When told Falk was working on a memoir, one league executive said, “I think I’ve already heard the audio book.”

Another said, “I honestly had my speaker phone on mute as he was talking so he couldn’t hear me taking other calls on my cell phone.”

This time, David Falk has the last laugh. No more going on and on about the old days, he was back in business, back on the big stage. Once more, basketball had to pay heed to the agent who changed everything, who just never, ever goes away. Pity those poor Clippers on Elton Brand’s way out the door, on crossing the most ruthless agent of all. Falked again.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

David Falk sounds like a curse word...just yell it a few times....

you'll see.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #27
Underdog

Interesting read...

Old 07-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #28
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Philly will be a tough team. They have a Solid big man now, a solid pg,a good center, they have Iggy and other good young players. Mann they could be a defensive nightmare

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #29
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

76ers is goin2 be good next season too
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #30
dirkformvp

dirkformvp is on a distinguished road

what happened? why did he go to philly? i mean its a fresh start but he doesnt think he's that good to really turn a team like philadelphia around right? i thought he would have stayed with the clips especially after signing baron davis, i thought he would have ended up with the warriors especially with the money that they were offering him
dirkformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkformvp
what happened? why did he go to philly? i mean its a fresh start but he doesnt think he's that good to really turn a team like philadelphia around right? i thought he would have stayed with the clips especially after signing baron davis, i thought he would have ended up with the warriors especially with the money that they were offering him
he actually has more of a chance of success with the 76ers than with the Clippers. Betrayal or not.. more money + more success= right decision in my book.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #32
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Watch Baron go down for 81 1/2 games now, that team is screwed and without motivation Davis might as well be a big pile of burning cash.

Last edited by Tokey41; 07-09-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #33
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Watch Baron go down for 81 1/2 games now, that team is screwed and without motivation Davis might as well be a big pile of burning cash.
I think If the go after Okafor, they can still be a good team

Kamen
Okafor
sf (the young kid)
Mobley
Davis

Thats a good starting 5...and new draft pick, Tim Thomas, and others off the bench...not bad IMO

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 07-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #34
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Talk about taking a 180 - last week he was talking about settling for the MLE in Boston so he could win a ring...
The guy was underpaid for a long time. theres a HUGE difference between 5 mill and 3 years and 10 mill and 5 years. I think he did the right thing

........GO MAVS
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Um, the Clippers did not "let" Brand opt out. He had a player option. I am sick and tired of hearing people compare this to Boozer. This is not even close to the level of Boozer's.

Cleveland had a TEAM option on Boozer, for dirt, dirt cheap. They had one more year left. They verbally agreed to let him out of his contract a year early, and sign him to a lucrative contract. Boozer then screwed them.

Brand had a PLAYER option. Regardless of verbal agreements or whatever, Brand was 100% in his right to opt out of his contract and sign with whomever he wanted. Why did he owe the Clippers anything special?

Does it hurt to lose your best player like this? I imagine it does. But please don't compare this to the Boozer situation.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2008 at 07:41 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #36
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I think If the go after Okafor, they can still be a good team

Kamen
Okafor
sf (the young kid)
Mobley
Davis

Thats a good starting 5...and new draft pick, Tim Thomas, and others off the bench...not bad IMO
Thorton = the young kid
Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #37
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

And I suppose Gordon will be able to help Mobley who is on his last legs out at the 2, but I still don't see them being relevant without signing someone like Okafor, Smith, or even Igoudala.

I don't like their chances for the restricted free agents, although it would be hilarious if Iggy decided to bolt for the Clippers.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I think the next big news will be the Clipps signing Okafor. They have enoughy money and he will take it and the Cats mite not match. That would give the Clipps a real nice team IMO. Then maybe just fill a few spots on the bench

........GO MAVS
Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #39
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Thorton = the young kid
tx..it couldnt come to me at the time and I didnt feel like chekin

........GO MAVS
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #40
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah really. I can't even imagine what's going through their heads right now.
You don't have to imagine any more.

Irate Clip Fan's Site

It has gotta be tough being a Clip fan throughout the long years. I feel very sympathetic.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote