Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #441
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Never ever Dirk will rely his championship dreams on the broken glass body of Yao Ming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Versus Haywood?
Haywood can give Dirk a helluva lot more than THIS during the playoffs:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-01-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #442
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed...he did give him this much..
6.0ppg, 6.2rpg, 1.7 bpg.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #443
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The point with the Rockets and Yao is this: Yao is THE selling point for that franchise. He's their Dirk, not their Haywood. And when your franchise player is as injury-prone as Yao has been the last few years you're going to be handicapped selling other teams' free agents on your team being their best chance for a title.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #444
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It appears however that unless dirk takes a bunch less money that the only viable place for him would be miami. I don't see another team that could pay him what he deserves plus have the potential to win it all. Lakers/Celtics/Cleveland/Orlando/Denver/Portland/Utah(utah maybe with a boozer trade)...seem to not be able to get it done.

Miami/Houston/?? Not many others it would appear. I guess Chicago but I don't see the other superstar (AND COACH) that you need there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #445
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It appears however that unless dirk takes a bunch less money that the only viable place for him would be miami. I don't see another team that could pay him what he deserves plus have the potential to win it all. Lakers/Celtics/Cleveland/Orlando/Denver/Portland/Utah(utah maybe with a boozer trade)...seem to not be able to get it done.

Miami/Houston/?? Not many others it would appear. I guess Chicago but I don't see the other superstar (AND COACH) that you need there.
...and that's why he's staying in Dallas.

Now that we have that little detail out of the way, how do we get LeBron here?

Last edited by Underdog; 06-01-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #446
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere there's a dilemma with Yao in Houston anyway... he wants 6 years and Houston is only offering 4...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #447
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
no, i'm not kidding, obviously you're thinking of iggy from a couple years ago and not todays iggy, he rarely slashes and cuts to the basket anymore, all he does is jack up jumpers and three pointers. look at his three point attempts compared free throw attempts and you'll see that. he led the league in minutes played last season and his numbers still weren't that good. he's a great defender.... when he feels like getting motivated to play hard. even 76ers fans know he's overrated and want him shipped out of town and know he makes WAY more money than he's worth, why should we have to take on their damaged goods?
I'll readily admit that I did not watch Iggy play much last year and had not heard those concerns about his work ethic, and so if his attitude is really THAT much of a problem, then perhaps you're right. However, I still feel that his skillset alone would make him a valuable addition (or at least a better fit than Caron.) Honestly I think Iggy at 80% is probably a better fit for the Mavs than Caron at 100%. I also know that a change in setting can often do wonders a player's temperament, and Iguodala is a high enough level talent that I would be willing to roll the dice on him any day.

I will agree that he makes more money than he's worth. He was never a max-level player, but still got a max level contract anyway. That's just the way the NBA works. Here's the thing though; the fact that so many guys are overpaid is really the only asset the Mavs have to work with (hell, the only reason the Mavs have any hopes of doing something big this summer is because they overpaid Damp so much) The fact that he's overpaid is the only reason the Mavs would have any realistic chance of getting him (without giving up too much). If the Mavs are going to stay competitive, they're probably going to have to take on at least one really awful contract. Now you can argue whether or not Iggy is the kind of player who's worth taking on a bad contract, but I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find a guy that the Mavs have a realistic shot at getting that isn't overpaid.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #448
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
SACRIFICE!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #449
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...and that's why he's staying in Dallas.

SERIOUSLY!

July 1st isn't going to get here soon enough. And who knows how long the "recruitment" period will be with the teams in play. Just as a random question, do you think it'll matter who ultimately gets to talk to him first?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #450
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Yao and access to the Chinese market is a huge selling point if you want to sell millions in apparel and always go to All-Star games (probably not an issue for the likes of LeBron and Wade but maybe for Johnson or Boozer).

I think it's a much bigger point than playing in Texas stadium from a global and monetary perspective.

Dallas needs to sell the win now angle (despite being 1-and-done three outta four) and play with HOFers angle. Those are their biggest selling points IMO, especially vs Houston where state income tax is out the window.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #451
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=atjwpuTDrNQQ

Quote:

By Erik Matuszewski

June 1 (Bloomberg) -- LeBron James told CNN’s Larry King that his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers have an advantage over other teams that may seek to sign the two-time Most Valuable Player, who is set to become a free agent next month.

“This city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years,” James, 25, told King in his first interview since the Cavaliers were eliminated from the National Basketball Association playoffs on May 13.

James went to St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio, about a 40-mile (64 kilometer) drive from Cleveland, and has played seven seasons with the Cavaliers since being taken with the first pick in the 2003 draft.

“I’ve got a lot of memories here,” James said. “So it does have an edge.”

The interview is scheduled to be telecast on June 4. Portions of the transcript were posted today on CNN’s website.

Unless he signs a new contract with the Cavaliers, James will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. At that time, teams with salary cap space such as the New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets and Chicago Bulls could make contract offers.

All-Star free agents such as James can earn a maximum of about $16.5 million next season under NBA rules.

James won his second straight NBA MVP award after averaging 29.7 points, 8.6 assists and 7.3 rebounds per game to help the Cavaliers to an NBA-best 61-21 record. Cleveland lost to the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference semifinals. ]
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #452
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Just as a random question, do you think it'll matter who ultimately gets to talk to him first?
Nope. Not one bit. Because it'll be Cleveland.

Though who he chooses to talk to second could prove telling.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #453
Underdog

Quote:
Just as a random question, do you think it'll matter who ultimately gets to talk to him first?
He already knows what he's going to do.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #454
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Nope. Not one bit. Because it'll be Cleveland.

Though who he chooses to talk to second could prove telling.
I don't think he stays in Cleveland unless Bosh joins him...

Old 06-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #455
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
SERIOUSLY!

July 1st isn't going to get here soon enough. And who knows how long the "recruitment" period will be with the teams in play. Just as a random question, do you think it'll matter who ultimately gets to talk to him first?
No, but at least early enough to see where we stand.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #456
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't think he stays in Cleveland unless Bosh joins him...
I sort of expect him to leave, too (in part because I can't imagine how the Cavs would manage to pull of a S&T for Bosh). All I'm saying is that for PR purposes I think he's going to make a public show of giving the Cavs sincere consideration regardless of his intentions, and that means letting them make the first sales-pitch.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #457
BGMaverick9
Guru

Lol...ok then my question is now, does it matter who gets to him SECOND?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #458
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

dallas isn't even being mentioned in the lebron discussion.... do we really have any chance whatsoever?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #459
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lol...ok then my question is now, does it matter who gets to him SECOND?
Only if Lebron wants it to matter.

j/k...sort of.

Lebron's the star of the show this summer, and he and his agent will decide who he meets with in what order, so:

1) I don't think the teams that come bidding for his services will have much say in whether they're first, last, or anywhere in between, regardless of how aggressive and proactive they are, and...

2) I don't think that Lebron will be so honored and bowled over by his first outside suitor (c.f., Nash), or so insulted by his former team (c.f., uh...Nash) that the ordering of the proposals will give any team an advantage.

That said, I do think that Lebron and his agent will be very deliberate about scheduling meetings. I think they'll give Cleveland the honor of the first meeting, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Knicks get the second, if for no other reason than because nothing will generate more buzz than the prospect of Lebron going to New York. If somebody else gets let into line ahead of the Knicks, though, I'd be inclined to read something into that.

You know, actually, I suspect it's with the other free agents, including Wade, that getting there first (or at least making it known that you'd like to get there first) could make a difference. Those are some proud, competitive guys out there, and as July 1 nears they're all going to be getting pretty damn tired of hearing Lebron's name, no matter how friendly they are with one another at their little free agent summit. The smartest play might very well be to go hard and heavy after your favorite non-Lebron free agent (that being Wade by a mile in my book) from the get-go and make it clear to them that you're prepared to make them your first priority the moment they're ready to commit to your franchise, regardless of whether Lebron's allegiance is still up in the air.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #460
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
dallas isn't even being mentioned in the lebron discussion.... do we really have any chance whatsoever?
No. Chris Broussard has spoken and his word is law. That is all.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #461
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
That doesn't mean much. Nearly every acquisition dallas has made has flown under the radar. And i think back to the summer of 2004 when nobody thought Nash was leaving dallas unless he went to toronto. When Shaq got traded, the main speculation was him going back to orlando, detroit, even dallas, and he winds up going to miami. Same with T-Mac. Also it's hard to tell bc superstar free agents normally never jump ship. Besides Nash, the last free agents to leave there home team i can remember was when shaq went to LA. I was thinking T-Mac and Arenas, but they weren't that great when they left golden state and toronto. Maybe grant hill, but that's a bad example.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #462
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
The only teams being mentioned right now are teams with cap space but if the Cavs are willing to do a sign and trade then Dallas might be at the top of the list, I don't see Lebron coming to Dallas but atleast it's something to talk about untill July.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #463
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
well the fact that Dallas isn't being mention combined with Lebron not saying anything is leaving everyone in the dark. To me that's a good thing because, if he's not saying anything that only makes the surprise even better when the announcement is made to where he will end up. but we can all agree on one thing he will not be in Cleveland. & he's always said that he has always wanted to play next to Kidd. He mimics so much of his game behind Kidd. & when we resigned Kidd last year I think that there was an inside that Lebron would being coming to Dallas to get Kidd to resign with Dallas.

Last edited by KINGBEEF; 06-02-2010 at 08:17 AM.
KINGBEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #464
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
well the fact that Dallas isn't being mention combined with Lebron not saying anything is leaving everyone in the dark. To me that's a good thing because, if he's not saying anything that only makes the surprise even better when the announcement is made to where he will end up. but we can all agree on one thing he will not be in Cleveland. & he's always said that he has always wanted to play next to Kidd. He mimics so much of his game behind Kidd. & when we resigned Kidd last year I think that there was an inside that Lebron would being coming to Dallas to get Kidd to resign with Dallas.
Riiiight

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #465
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I really wonder if James thinks that Bosh will be enough for the frontcourt to go to the Knicks because i think James and Bosh in NY wouldnt win a ring until there is a good center. And there arent many in the league available, specially for an eastern team (no Gortat for them).

But James talking so much about Bosh i really think the Nets could be the destination for both...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #466
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
You should have stopped before that last bit.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #467
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Is Dirk so used to getting ousted in the first round that he wouldn't mind more of it in Houston?
First of all, Cuban would never trade Dirk to Houston.

That said, If Dirk goes to Houston - the Rockets will win around 60 games and are contending for an NBA title....
Old 06-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #468
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I really wonder if James thinks that Bosh will be enough for the frontcourt to go to the Knicks because i think James and Bosh in NY wouldnt win a ring until there is a good center. And there arent many in the league available, specially for an eastern team (no Gortat for them).

But James talking so much about Bosh i really think the Nets could be the destination for both...
Well radio media seems to think Bosh wants the Lakers. Don't remember if it's Cowherd or JT The Brick. But they believe Bosh wants the Lakers and Bynum's play in the finals could determine how many bullets the Lakers have to ship out.

I'm thinking the Nets scenario is more likely than the Knicks. The Knicks frontoffice has been unbelieveably dysfunctional. The Nets with Thorn, through 3 ownerships has given the the team stability, whether it's through playoff runs or young stars and cap space. I mean you have to see the Nets should be James' top choice outside of Cleveland, Lopez > Noah. Brooklyn has cleared it's last hurdle. Team will be in a newer arena starting next year for a couple more years. And the new owner is being called the Russian Mark Cuban, what more do you want, everythings laid out for him. Plus with the cap space to attract 2 studs, they can buy another stud this year or next. Toss in the #3 overall pick, looking like it's going to be Favors. If getting out of Cleveland is the plan, then NJ should be on the top of the list because they should be competing for a decade. Dallas on the other hand, has a probably a 3 year window.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #469
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Well radio media seems to think Bosh wants the Lakers.
With yet another Lakers-Celtics Finals, the NBA is BEGGING me to stop giving a damn about their product - if Bosh ends up on the Lakers, I'll gladly oblige...

Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #470
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well radio media seems to think Bosh wants the Lakers. Don't remember if it's Cowherd or JT The Brick. But they believe Bosh wants the Lakers and Bynum's play in the finals could determine how many bullets the Lakers have to ship out.

I'm thinking the Nets scenario is more likely than the Knicks. The Knicks frontoffice has been unbelieveably dysfunctional. The Nets with Thorn, through 3 ownerships has given the the team stability, whether it's through playoff runs or young stars and cap space. I mean you have to see the Nets should be James' top choice outside of Cleveland, Lopez > Noah. Brooklyn has cleared it's last hurdle. Team will be in a newer arena starting next year for a couple more years. And the new owner is being called the Russian Mark Cuban, what more do you want, everythings laid out for him. Plus with the cap space to attract 2 studs, they can buy another stud this year or next. Toss in the #3 overall pick, looking like it's going to be Favors. If getting out of Cleveland is the plan, then NJ should be on the top of the list because they should be competing for a decade. Dallas on the other hand, has a probably a 3 year window.
This is exactly what I was banking on when I decided to let my Knicks tickets lapse and buy Nets season tickets instead (that, and the fact that a 41-game package to the Nets was the same price as a 10-game package to the Knicks--for better seats).

Figure the Nets draft either Favors or Turner, whoever doesn't go #2; and they can go after Rudy Gay and David Lee with all that cap room they have, plus Al Harrington has talked about wanting to play there (not a bad bench player if you can sign him for super cheap). Could be looking at a lineup of Harris/Turner/Gay/Lee/Lopez, with a bench of guys like Harrington, CDR, Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams, Humphries, etc. Could be a fun young team to watch. Plus they'll have a couple more picks--#27 and #31, I believe--that could be contributors as well. The luxury you have when you win 12 games--you can afford to play your rookies the following season.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #471
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

haha. james + bosh to the lakers. instead of going up against kobe, they go together.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #472
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Its the damn new CBA next year. Otherwise you could make a push for Lebron S&T and let him sign here a 3 year deal (4th player option). So he has the best chances the next 3 years to win a ring (or 2-3) and then he can go to Brooklyn with the new arena and dont waste years with a young team in Newark with the "ring pressure" all over him.

But with the new CBA its probably too much money he would lose with that...

And i always thought the Nets are the frontrunner. There are enough helicopters in NY to live in Manhatten and work in Newark And Newark wont be different than Cleveland or any other city if its filled with Lebron kiddies.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-02-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #473
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
With yet another Lakers-Celtics Finals, the NBA is BEGGING me to stop giving a damn about their product - if Bosh ends up on the Lakers, I'll gladly oblige...
Lebron can say f the commish, f the ratings, I'm coming to Dallas.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #474
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lebron can say f the commish, f the ratings, I'm coming to Dallas.
but you see...he won't. ya know? things good like that don't happen to dallas.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #475
BGMaverick9
Guru

It was Cowherd who mentioned Bosh...it makes sense for both sides really with a S&T once they figured out the specifics. The believe is that Andrea Bargnani needs a more traditional/physical big man to compliment him and Bosh isn't that piece. Bosh wants to go to the Lakers and they'd gladly take him in.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #476
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
This is exactly what I was banking on when I decided to let my Knicks tickets lapse and buy Nets season tickets instead (that, and the fact that a 41-game package to the Nets was the same price as a 10-game package to the Knicks--for better seats).

Figure the Nets draft either Favors or Turner, whoever doesn't go #2; and they can go after Rudy Gay and David Lee with all that cap room they have, plus Al Harrington has talked about wanting to play there (not a bad bench player if you can sign him for super cheap). Could be looking at a lineup of Harris/Turner/Gay/Lee/Lopez, with a bench of guys like Harrington, CDR, Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams, Humphries, etc. Could be a fun young team to watch. Plus they'll have a couple more picks--#27 and #31, I believe--that could be contributors as well. The luxury you have when you win 12 games--you can afford to play your rookies the following season.
What's the ETA on Brooklyn 2014? Newark's going to be a modern arena. Kidd paved the way for this regime to experience the media hype and learn from it. Off the court things are up and up. On the court, things are looking good and falling into place. Why wait for everyone else, get the tickets now.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #477
sefant77
Guru

I read 2013, so 3 years Newark.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #478
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
The believe is that Andrea Bargnani needs a more traditional/physical big man to compliment him and Bosh isn't that piece.
good luck finding a good traditional big man.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #479
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
good luck finding a good traditional big man.
The Raps might get all the luck they need from Bosh picking the Lakers as his preferred destination - if that's the way things end up shaking out - because Bynum would seem to be the obvious S&T bait from the Lakers' end.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #480
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
but you see...he won't. ya know? things good like that don't happen to dallas.
True, Stern will somehow screw it. But man, James going on King just when the Finals are starting, may draw some attention from Stern's diamond.....

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...