Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #121
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I know why u got all that red squares....
you would trade dirk/roddy and say haywood for Lebron??? i know theres gonna be alot of mixed feelings on this one.

Last edited by clutch#41; 05-12-2010 at 02:16 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #122
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
i understand your point here and i would want lebron what idiot wouldnt..but when this 1 game is possibly the biggest of his carrer so far and will most likely be remembered for years and years to come...especially if the cavs lose this series.then this 1 game is HUGE compared to 600 regular season games. especially when your the favorites to win the title and you might possibly be knocked out in round 2!!

Favorites by who??

He has been to the finals.... Just like Dirk.

This one game won't even be a pimple on the ass of his epic record breaking career! Take that to the bank and smoke it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #123
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Favorites by who??

He has been to the finals.... Just like Dirk.

This one game won't even be a pimple on the ass of his epic record breaking career! Take that to the bank and smoke it.
hahaha we'll see bro. and who didnt pick the cavs to win it all after the mavs?

record breaking carrer?? the jordan-lebron comparisions have officially stopped.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #124
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you would trade dirk/roddy and say haywood for Lebron??? i know theres gonna be alot of mixed feelings on this one.
Quote:
theres zero chance of getting lebron unless dirk is involved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

And that after almost a year talking about the dustchip and how it works, seriously...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #125
clutch#41
Golden Member

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3025
Old 05-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #126
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hahaha we'll see bro. and who didnt pick the cavs to win it all after the mavs?

record breaking carrer?? the jordan-lebron comparisions have officially stopped.

I didn't Pick the Cavs and I'm sure I'm not in the minority. The Lakers obviously have the better team. After the MAVS? Thats laughable.

Jordan- Lebron comparisons officially stopped? What does that even mean? Surely this is a joke.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #127
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:

Jordan- Lebron comparisons officially stopped? What does that even mean? Surely this is a joke.
Lebron will never be jordan...lebron will never be kobe...
lebron as of right now is just a player that has had good seasons but has failed to produce in the postseason.ya hes the best player in the game right now but his future is really uncertain..where will he end up??. as of right now id take wade over lebron bc i believe hes a better fit for this team.and the fact that lebron will cost alot more to get than wade.lebron to dallas is a jus a huge dream for mavs fans.but wade to dallas i believe is a possibility.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #128
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
LeBron coming to Dallas would have to come from a sign & trade. In a S&T the buyer never pays full value. The Mavericks would have to be absolute idiots to give up Dirk. Damp + Butler would be enough...

* edit * I'd throw JJB in that trade also

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 05-12-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #129
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
LeBron coming to Dallas would have to come from a sign & trade. In a S&T the buyer never pays full value. The Mavericks would have to be absolute idiots to give up Dirk. Damp + Butler would be enough...

* edit * I'd throw JJB in that trade also
if it's that easy..what we waiting on haha
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #130
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
if it's that easy..what we waiting on haha
LeBron would have to WANT to come to Dallas for this to happen. My guess that he either stays with Cleveland or goes to New York, Miami, or Chicago. I doubt Dallas is even on his list...
Old 05-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #131
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LeBron would have to WANT to come to Dallas for this to happen. My guess that he either stays with Cleveland or goes to New York, Miami, or Chicago. I doubt Dallas is even on his list...
Why would he go to Chicago or New York over Dallas?

You could make a legitimate case for Miami, but Chicago doesn't have anyone close to Dirk's caliber and New York can't make any guarantees that they can land a second big name...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-12-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #132
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

You could make a legitimate case for Miami, but Chicago doesn't have anyone close to Dirk's caliber and New York can't make any guarantees that they can land a second big name...
To tell you the truth its easy to make an argument that he should come to Dallas (play w/ Dirk, no state income tax, etc..). The problem is that no one really knows what is going on in his mind. I just happen to think he isn't coming here...

p.s. If LeBron does go to New York, I can guarantee a second big name is going to follow him there...
Old 05-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #133
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
p.s. If LeBron does go to New York, I can guarantee a second big name is going to follow him there...
Unless it's Wade, he could do better with Dirk (or do you think LeBron/Bosh is better than LeBron/Dirk?)

If he chooses Wade, he might as well go to Miami where the weather doesn't suck...

Last edited by Underdog; 05-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #134
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:

That's exactly what keeps my Mavs pants in "stay ready to get wet" mode. There aren't a whole lot of teams who can offer money AND legitimate title hopes. Chicago looks promising, Miami as well to an extent due to Wade. New York is about its market and history, however, there isn't really anything to build on. Clippers and Nets? Just money. If it was indeed about contention, the Mavs wouldn't be in the worst spot possible to at least give it a try.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #135
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Lebron will never be jordan...lebron will never be kobe...
lebron as of right now is just a player that has had good seasons but has failed to produce in the postseason.ya hes the best player in the game right now but his future is really uncertain..where will he end up??. as of right now id take wade over lebron bc i believe hes a better fit for this team.and the fact that lebron will cost alot more to get than wade.lebron to dallas is a jus a huge dream for mavs fans.but wade to dallas i believe is a possibility.

You are out of your mind.

Also, how could you say with a straight face that he will never be Kobe then say... ya he's the best player in the game?

Just think before you post, or PM someone who knows something what you are going to say and they can tell you if you should or not, so you don't look silly and get more little red gifts.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #136
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Unless it's Wade, he could do better with Dirk (or do you think LeBron/Bosh is better than LeBron/Dirk?)

If he chooses Wade, he might as well go to Miami where the weather doesn't suck...
I agree - if he wants more money (no state income tax) and better talent then Dallas is a VERY good option. But the problem is that none of us knows what he wants. He might be loyal and stay in Cleveland saying, "I want to win a title for the people of Cleveland". He might go to New York saying, "I want to be in the bright lights and play in the mecca of basketball".

I just have a hunch that he doesn't come here. When he gets traded to Dallas you can call me stupid...
Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #137
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
New York is about its market and history, however, there isn't really anything to build on.
You know, everyone talks about New York's "market" when it comes to LeBron, but I just don't buy it.

See, there's this little thing called mass communication (interwebs and idiot boxes) that allows everyone on the planet to experience what's going on in New York City at any given time.

LeBron already has one of the highest-selling jerseys world-wide (a market of 6.6 billion people), so I don't really see how he makes a significant amount more money in NYC (a market of 8.6 million).

Now if you're talking about a guy of Gerald Wallace's caliber moving from Charlotte to New York, then yeah, I think the market plays significantly into his decision. But not LeBron Inc. - everyone is as familiar with that product as they are with Coca-Cola. He's not going to win over enough new customers in a larger market to justify sacrificing a surefire chance at winning a ring with players like Dirk or Wade in Dallas or Miami.

Knicks fans can stop holding their breath. No matter what the East Coast-biased sports writers are conjuring up, I'd say New York has a lower chance of signing him than the Cavs (which is starting to look rather doubtful at this point...)

Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #138
Underdog

Quote:
I just have a hunch that he doesn't come here. When he gets traded to Dallas you can call me stupid...
It's not much of a "hunch" when the odds are in your favor.

If/when he gets traded to Dallas, I can't be lauded as anything other than an optimist (but at least the optimism in Dallas is grounded in realistic possibility - we're so used to getting our hopes dashed away when it comes to the Mavs that we err on the side of pessimism to protect our fragile hearts...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-12-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #139
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:

If/when he gets traded to Dallas, I can't be lauded as anything other than an optimist (but at least the optimism in Dallas is grounded in realistic possibility - we're so used to getting our hopes dashed away when it comes to the Mavs that we err on the side of pessimism to protect our fragile hearts...)

Bingo!!!....you must spread some rep around.....ahh you know the rest
Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #140
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
You know, everyone talks about New York's "market" when it comes to LeBron, but I just don't buy it.

See, there's this little thing called mass communication (interwebs and idiot boxes) that allows everyone on the planet to experience what's going on in New York City at any given time.

LeBron already has one of the highest-selling jerseys world-wide (a market of 6.6 billion people), so I don't really see how he makes a significant amount more money in NYC (a market of 8.6 million).

Now if you're talking about a guy of Gerald Wallace's caliber moving from Charlotte to New York, then yeah, I think the market plays significantly into his decision. But not LeBron Inc. - everyone is as familiar with that product as they are with Coca-Cola. He's not going to win over enough new customers in a larger market to justify sacrificing a surefire chance at winning a ring with players like Dirk or Wade in Dallas or Miami.

Knicks fans can stop holding their breath. No matter what the East Coast-biased sports writers are conjuring up, I'd say New York has a lower chance of signing him than the Cavs (which is starting to look rather doubtful at this point...)
You and your common sense... I agree that the market aspect might be blown out of proportion (by the NY media) to make the arrival of the savior seem more likely. However, Lebron's decision could be based on similar (and not necessarily more realistic) expectations that lack foresight and common sense.

That said, even in light of today's globalized world, I do believe that there's a difference between passively and actively benefiting from a market and, more importantly, its full potential. With LeBron being a Knick, the basketball fans in the New York market would be much more likely to buy even more of his stuff simply due to him being a Knick and "one of them"--he'd be in a position to make full use of those 8.6 million people. Relatively to the size of the market, I'm sure there's no city in the world where LeBron sells more merchandise than in Cleveland. Same with Kobe in LA and Dirk in Dallas. The stronger the home market, the stronger the sales. And who knows what other options would be on the table in a global city like NYC (I don't...).
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #141
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The real issue isn't where can he make a few more million per...the real obstacle is the LeBron loves NY. He is personally enamored by the city.

When you love something as he seems to love the thought of being the King of NY, you can rationalize quite a bit of the rest.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #142
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Found this helpful (List of unrestricted and restricted free agents for 2010 and 2011)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-10-11

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #143
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:

In the spirit of optimism I propose the following sequence of events:

1. LeBron, Bosh, JJ, and Boozer all resign or go to New York or Chicago.
2. D-Wade, with no superstars coming to Miami, demands a S&T to Dallas. We give up DUST + Butler + JJB to get D-Wade.
3. Mavs are 3-time NBA champions!!

We all can hope, right?

p.s. I consider this sequence of events more likely than LeBron demanding to be traded to Dallas. Just my opinion...
Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #144
Underdog

Quote:
In the spirit of optimism I propose the following sequence of events:

1. LeBron, Bosh, JJ, and Boozer all resign or go to New York or Chicago.
2. D-Wade, with no superstars coming to Miami, demands a S&T to Dallas. We give up DUST + Butler + JJB to get D-Wade.
3. Mavs are 3-time NBA champions!!

We all can hope, right?

p.s. I consider this sequence of events more likely than LeBron demanding to be traded to Dallas. Just my opinion...
Honestly, I think this is the most likely scenario to bring Wade to Dallas.

Not saying it's possible, but this scenario does favor the Mavs...

EDIT: I agree that Wade is more likely to come here (and is sort of a better fit, especially given our roster) than LeBron.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-12-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #145
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Honestly, I think this is the most likely scenario to bring Wade to Dallas.

Not saying it's possible, but this scenario does favor the Mavs...

EDIT: I agree that Wade is more likely to come here (and is sort of a better fit, especially given our roster) than LeBron.
If Bosh hooks up with LeBron in NY and Amare resigns in PHX, I could easily see the Mavs landing DWade or JJ.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #146
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
If Bosh hooks up with LeBron in NY and Amare resigns in PHX, I could easily see the Mavs landing DWade or JJ.
This is exactly why our chances are fair at landing one of these guys.

Hell, at that point we might not have to give up more than Damp/JJB/picks or cash for someone like Joe Johnson...

EDIT: (I love doing this part)

Kidd/Roddy
Joe Johnson/JET
Butler/Matrix
Dirk/Matrix
Haywood/whoever else wants to compete for a ring

Last edited by Underdog; 05-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #147
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Likelihood of coming to Dallas:

Joe Johnson
Dwayne Wade
LeBron

LeBron is gonna end up going to NY if he bolts. If that's the best Cleveland can do, he's going to leave. There has just been too much flirtation with NY over the past few years for it NOT to happen. They'll still probably have room to find someone like Bosh to come on board. Even through in that random rumor the Knicks are interested in Tony Parker. I dunno how it all fits, but I could either see Bosh or Parker going, hard to imagine BOTH with LeBron.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #148
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Two way love between JJ and Heat:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/1...#ixzz0ni97qMS2
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #149
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Likelihood of coming to Dallas:

Joe Johnson
Dwayne Wade
LeBron

LeBron is gonna end up going to NY if he bolts. If that's the best Cleveland can do, he's going to leave. There has just been too much flirtation with NY over the past few years for it NOT to happen. They'll still probably have room to find someone like Bosh to come on board. Even through in that random rumor the Knicks are interested in Tony Parker. I dunno how it all fits, but I could either see Bosh or Parker going, hard to imagine BOTH with LeBron.
I could see Bosh and LBJ as a combo that could work well...James would benefit from Bosh and Bosh doesn't need to dominate the ball as much as some star players.

That is one of the things that would make Dirk such a wonderful compliment to a guy like James or Wade...they would still be free to dominate the ball and Dirk would be fine getting 14-18 shots.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #150
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Couldn't see JJ and Wade playing well together.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #151
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I mean I see it...but I really don't. If someone goes, I keep thinking it's going to be Boozer going to Miami. I think Joe to Dallas has some serious momentum behind it.

Quote:
I could see Bosh and LBJ as a combo that could work well...James would benefit from Bosh and Bosh doesn't need to dominate the ball as much as some star players.

That is one of the things that would make Dirk such a wonderful compliment to a guy like James or Wade...they would still be free to dominate the ball and Dirk would be fine getting 14-18 shots.
The thing I SERIOUSLY wonder: Does the stigma effect players in their decision process like this? Dirk is clearly a stud and an awesome player to have as your teammate, especially if you're looking for that running mate. But does the stigma effect the thought process of Wade/LBJ? A guy who is "not performing in the clutch" yadda yadda yadda...and then they see a guy like Bosh who hasn't done a lick of anything but has the hype train behind him.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #152
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The thing I SERIOUSLY wonder: Does the stigma effect players in their decision process like this? Dirk is clearly a stud and an awesome player to have as your teammate, especially if you're looking for that running mate. But does the stigma effect the thought process of Wade/LBJ? A guy who is "not performing in the clutch" yadda yadda yadda...and then they see a guy like Bosh who hasn't done a lick of anything but has the hype train behind him.
I think it works like this: any guy in Wade, Kobe, LBJ's caliber looks and Dirk and thinks, "How many open looks would I get him and how much easier does he make it for me to get into the lane?" "Dirk could do his thing, and I would take over in the clutch."

Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #153
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

But to follow the Jordan Rules, LBJ does not dominate the rock as much as he should in recent weeks. I mean it's like you're allowing Mo Williams to create?? I loved how on the last Olympic team, it wasn't who dominates the ball, but it was like how can we get the easiest bucket. It's like a whole different ideology here, Williams or James pounds the rock for 20 seconds then just lets fly. I think you have to get back to basics, how can you can get easiest buckets? 20 feet away or do some work and get one 5 feet away. These guys think they're MJ and are really getting away from basic basketball.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #154
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I think it works like this: any guy in Wade, Kobe, LBJ's caliber looks and Dirk and thinks, "How many open looks would I get him and how much easier does he make it for me to get into the lane?" "Dirk could do his thing, and I would take over in the clutch."
It's clearly not going to be that easy because Cuban could bark til he's out of breath and it still might not work...but I think there might be some validity to the idea Dirk can easily be forgotten in their eyes.

It could also be, maybe they see it as taking the thunder away from someone's home turf. Establish yourself where there is no one to take it away from and have someone join you. There are just a ton of angles where it can downgrade Dallas as an option, no matter how much it could make sense coming here.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #155
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
It's clearly not going to be that easy because Cuban could bark til he's out of breath and it still might not work...but I think there might be some validity to the idea Dirk can easily be forgotten in their eyes.

It could also be, maybe they see it as taking the thunder away from someone's home turf. Establish yourself where there is no one to take it away from and have someone join you. There are just a ton of angles where it can downgrade Dallas as an option, no matter how much it could make sense coming here.
I have no idea how it will work out on the business end, my comment was just what I think the top players would think about playing alongside Dirk. I think they know they would love it.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #156
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I have no idea how it will work out on the business end, my comment was just what I think the top players would think about playing alongside Dirk. I think they know they would love it.
We definitely will see what attracts them most...Cuban is definitely going to sell the situation to them big time.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #157
SMC0007
Guru

Unfortunately after what I have seen from ATL and DAL in the playoffs... Joe Johnson probably isn't enough to get it done here. I would love to have him tho, I have been thinking for a while that he would fit in well. I just didn't see the fire and attacking the basket that I hoped he would have in the playoffs. He also seems a little more passive and that isn't a great mix for this team. We already have plenty of that.

I would love to see a great effort to get Wade at least and while I think The Bron is out of our league, I would like to hear our name as being thrown around in the mix as far as pursuing him. If we could make a strong run at them and we settle for JJ, how can you be disappointed?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #158
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I would bet my money on LeBron going to NYC and trying to build some sort of dynasty himself so he can get full credit. For some odd reason he is OBSESSED with NYC.

And also, assuming we re-sign Haywood, and Damp gets traded, we're back to square one having only 1 true center at the 5 spot. Now what?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-12-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #159
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
You are out of your mind.

Also, how could you say with a straight face that he will never be Kobe then say... ya he's the best player in the game?

Just think before you post, or PM someone who knows something what you are going to say and they can tell you if you should or not, so you don't look silly and get more little red gifts.
so i can officially say that you are illiterate..read and comprehend b4 u comment my post
my whole point of the statement was this..
1 championship>10MVP'S

LeBron may possibly be the greatest player to NOT win a ring.when your mentioning the greatest players to ever play the game,they all have rings.at the end of his career if lebron is ringless he'll end up saying he'll trade all his MVP's in for 1 ring! thats why u cant compare lebron to jordan or kobe..as you cant compare dirk to larry bird.similiar but no hardware and thats what separates the greats from the best to ever play.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #160
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
And also, assuming we re-sign Haywood, and Damp gets traded, we're back to square one having only 1 true center at the 5 spot. Now what?
Square one is no true centers. Haywood's a considerable step up from that. As far as the second center spot, there are plenty of possibilities there. Sign another team's free agent using the MLE, re-sign Damp when he gets cut, get back a big in exchange for Damp, pull off a side trade for a big....

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...