Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #2041
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

damn...
i would like to see dirk playing in this championship
and im not german...
Old 07-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #2042
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

He has work to do in Big D.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 07-20-2010 at 04:05 PM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #2043
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
You're probably right, but it isn't totally outside the helm of possibility. How long did it Rajon to figure it out?
off topic, but it's "realm of possibility". just sayin.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #2044
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's mentioned in the NBA Forum
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36487

But I had my first radio show, covering all things NBA.
I had Mike Fisher from db.com on to lead off the second hour. We talked about Beaubois, rookies, the state of Mavs in free agency, the Chandler deal and Fish put some perspective of the chase for Robin for the Mavericks.

PLEASE tell everyone you know about the show and this link and make sure you download it! I'd really appreciate it guys.
http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #2045
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
He has work to do in Big D.
Hands down, the best post I have seen from you. Nothing is wrong with what you said, how you said it, or how it is typed. I like it.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #2046
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Ken Berger reporting CP3 has let Hornets he doesn't want to start 10-11 season with them.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...isis-with-paul

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #2047
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Ken Berger reporting CP3 has let Hornets he doesn't want to start 10-11 season with them.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...isis-with-paul

I have a feeling even if he were available to the Mavs, we wouldn't have been a good match. I can't imagine they're drooling over Roddy considering they have a better player with similar game in Collison, and they can get a similar amount of cap reflief from a team like the Knicks.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 07-21-2010 at 08:25 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #2048
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
I have a feeling even if he were available to the Mavs, we wouldn't have been a good match. I can't imagine they're drooling over Roddy considering they have a better player with similar game in Collison, and they can get a similar amount of cap reflief from a team like the Knicks.
I actually think Orlando has the best chance to attaining him. They have Jameer Nelson to dangle. However, why would they want him to direct them where to do business? Especially if he has no clause that states he has to accept any trade.

Orlando also has Gortat, Mickael pietrus, Ryan anderson to add on

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-21-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #2049
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The reports I read had Magic, Knicks and Lakers are the prime destinations
Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #2050
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't imagine the Hornets trading their franchise player to a division rival. If anything, they'll want to send him East.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #2051
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

funny thing is cuban is willing to send dust and a few players to new orleans for cp3 , they say no he is non tradeable , all of a sudden he's being traded and guess what the mavs aren't on his list , i'm starting to agree that stars don't want to play here in dallas
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #2052
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankvizza View Post
funny thing is cuban is willing to send dust and a few players to new orleans for cp3 , they say no he is non tradeable , all of a sudden he's being traded and guess what the mavs aren't on his list , i'm starting to agree that stars don't want to play here in dallas
How ironic would it be, if he is traded to charlotte for something like Damp's contract and change.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #2053
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
How ironic would it be, if he is traded to charlotte for something like Damp's contract and change.
Classic.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #2054
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You guys realize that CP3 doesn't get to pick where he goes, right? You realize that the hornets would never trade him to a division rival, right? You realize that he's NOT going Charlotte, right?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #2055
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
You guys realize that CP3 doesn't get to pick where he goes, right? You realize that the hornets would never trade him to a division rival, right? You realize that he's NOT going Charlotte, right?
I still don't buy the in-divison theory because like I mentioned before, Utah and Minnesota made a deal where Utah basically gave up junk for Al Jefferson. Do I think it'll happen, probably not...but not because they're dead-set against doing it.

I'd still look at NY as the primary destination with Orlando as a close second.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #2056
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I still don't buy the in-divison theory because like I mentioned before, Utah and Minnesota made a deal where Utah basically gave up junk for Al Jefferson. Do I think it'll happen, probably not...but not because they're dead-set against doing it.

I'd still look at NY as the primary destination with Orlando as a close second.
CP3 > Al Jefferson

Hornets > Wolves

Non-Division Rivals > Division Rivals
Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #2057
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
CP3 > Al Jefferson

Hornets > Wolves

Non-Division Rivals > Division Rivals
I get all of that, but if Dallas made the best offer, it's not like they won't listen to it and entertain the thought. If it happened on that smaller scale, why can't it happen on a bigger one? It just all depends on what they want to do. NO is bleeding money and they're not going anywhere as a franchise. They're basically like the Clippers in the sense they could assemble talent but they're likely not going to get anywhere with it...with a much worse financial situation. They had a nice little run, but it's a flawed team and it's not going to suddenly get better. They just happened to have a Superstar in the mix. Again, if the superstar can logically see what the situation is, he's going to try to force the issue if he can. If not, he'll bide his time and use his next weapon which is free agency.

Again, It just depends on what they ultimately want to do. I can see the point with NO having the leverage but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they play ball and be the good guy in the situation and facilitate to CP3s requests and try to ship him to one of the 3 preferred locations.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-21-2010 at 10:57 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #2058
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

C-3PO > CP3

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #2059
quietsavant

Stuff to speculate on:

Sam amico twitted the following tonight

Quote:
# Source: Cavs close on deal involving Delonte West. Have eyes set on small forward, as earlier reported by @PDcavsinsider. about 1 hour ago via web
He then followed that twit with this:

Quote:
No other details yet on Cavs stuff. Rumors say other team is Dallas, but that is PURE speculation at this point. about 1 hour ago via web

http://twitter.com/samamiconba

If the Cavs are looking to deal Delonte west for a SF, and the Mavs are rumored to be involved, who's at SF that has a contract that we possibly might not want anymore...

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-21-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #2060
Felix_1616

Felix_1616 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
C-3PO > CP3
Awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.
Felix_1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #2061
Felix_1616

Felix_1616 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
NEVER, huh. Well, I guess since you said so...
Felix_1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #2062
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stuff to speculate on:

If the Cavs are looking to deal Delonte west for a SF, and the Mavs are rumored to be involved, who's at SF that has a contract that we possibly might not want anymore...
TE?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 AM   #2063
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stuff to speculate on:

Random speculation of even greater purity than that run-of-the-mill pure speculation that Amico tweeted: is it possible that the Mavs are looking to trade Marion and replace him with Barnes?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #2064
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The reports I read had Magic, Knicks and Lakers are the prime destinations
yup. I am sure that the Lakers will manage a trade something like the rights to Karl Malone and Wilt Chamberlain for Paul...
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #2065
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Even though it's pure speculation at this point, do we really need another guard?

Last edited by LSMF; 07-22-2010 at 10:03 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #2066
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Delonte West? Yeck. No thanks.

Plus I'm sure Dirk doesn't want one of his teammates trying to rail his mom.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #2067
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Even though it's pure speculation at this point, do we really need another guard?
Chris Paul isn't just "another" guard.

Plus, we'd have to get rid of a couple guards to acquire him....

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #2068
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Whoosh!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #2069
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

UD, I wasn't talking about Paul. I was talking about the rumors of Delonte West to Dallas.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #2070
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
UD, I wasn't talking about Paul. I was talking about the rumors of Delonte West to Dallas.
Oh.

You didn't quote anyone or mention West's name, and the post right before yours was talking about Paul, so I just assumed...

Sorry about making an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #2071
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh.

You didn't quote anyone or mention West's name, and the post right before yours was talking about Paul, so I just assumed...

Sorry about making an "ass" out of "u" and "me".
No problem, about Paul though, personally I've given up on him coming here. Even though, it would be pretty wonderful to get him. I just don't think NO would trade him here, and it seems like he's really good friends with both Dwight Howard and Brandon Roy. So I'd expect him to go to either Portland or Orlando. But let's say NO decided to trade him here, who would we have to give up? They'd probably ask for Butler, Chandler, 1st round pick (Maybe even 2) and they'll definitely ask for Roddy. And we'd most likely have to take back Okafor's contract as well. I haven't checked out if this trade works or anything, these are just my assumptions. But we'd have to give up a ton to get Paul.
I just don't know if it'd be worth it, yes I fully understand what Paul brings. But I'm just not sold on such a deal yet. But I can be convinced
Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #2072
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Delonte West's contract is only guaranteed at 500,000 for the season if he's waived before early August.

I would assume any interest from the Mavs end would be in a salary dump of some sort (which is why _c's speculation makes some sense).

But I wouldn't put much merit in any of it at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #2073
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Paul and his representatives are expected to meet with the Hornets within the next week, the sources said. If they are not presented with realistic scenarios that convince Paul that New Orleans can build a contender very quickly, he'll ask the club to begin speaking to the Knicks, Magic, Mavericks and Trail Blazers about possible trades.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5401230

There you have it, folks... he's going to Orlando.

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-22-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #2074
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Random speculation of even greater purity than that run-of-the-mill pure speculation that Amico tweeted: is it possible that the Mavs are looking to trade Marion and replace him with Barnes?
I didn't see the barnes angle, but to be honest, I get the feeling the FO might regret the price at which Marion came. Especially with Butler able to play the 3, and the drafting of young guards like roddy and dojo. All speculation of course so we'll see.

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-22-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #2075
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5401230

There you have it, folks... he's going to Orlando.
Wow. Too bad we didn't hang on to the Dust chip. Can we even get him now? Caron+Roddy+what else?

I wouldn't be too worried about the SG situation either because you can play Kidd at SG. Gives Marion more time at the 3 also.

(as I was talking to BG about.. not only would Caron+Roddy+whatever have to work and be what the Hornets want, it would also have to be much better than the next best offer. Still makes you think though...)

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-22-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #2076
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

"STEIN_LINE_HQ
ESPN.com sources: Hornets schedule Monday sitdown w/CP3. Team to be repped by prez Hugh Weber, coach Monty Williams and new GM Dell Demps"

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-22-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #2077
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Wow. Too bad we didn't hang on to the Dust chip. Can we even get him now? Caron+Roddy+what else?
Chandler/Stevenson/Caron/Roddy/Barea/Ajinca (or Mahinmi) + 2 future firsts

or, what I prefer

Chandler/Stevenson/Terry/Roddy/Barea/Ajinca (or Mahinmi) + 2 future firsts + cash for Terry buyout.*

I imagine that New Orleans would limit Terry's minutes ( I think it's something like less than 18 mpg, which with Marcus Thornton on the roster is a possibility) so that his contract is partially guaranteed for 2011-2012, and then buy him out. It would make him kind of like an expiring in this case, though the first option provides more talent and each contract is a legitimate expiring vs. having to buy Terry out.

I put Ajinca since a young seven foot prospect is always nice to have. Also his agent requested for Dallas to look to trade him to where he could get more playing time.

Last edited by Zki41; 07-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #2078
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to keep in mind with Chandler and Ajinca is that they can't be packaged with other players in a trade until September.

Now, he can be traded for Okafor straight up, so that piece can work. But just keep that in mind when you're running numbers and figuring out if everything matches.

If the Monday meeting goes poorly, I have to think the Mavs will be absolutely sick with regret over already moving Damp. Granted we'll still have avenues to explore, but you have to think Damp instead of Chandler would have been a huge plus.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #2079
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Remember that we can't package certain players that were just acquired via trade until dates in the future. Edit: Shut up jthig...

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-22-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #2080
quietsavant

Adding fuel to the fire

Quote:
By Tim MacMahon
The Mavs were much better positioned to make a blockbuster deal for Chris Paul at the beginning of the month. They still had Erick Dampier’s nonguaranteed contract in their possession and Rodrigue Beaubois was last seen lighting it up in a playoff game, not struggling in the Las Vegas Summer League.

Only problem: The Hornets brass wasn’t budging.

Mavs management moved on – dumping a couple of bad contracts along with Dampier’s deal on Charlotte for Tyson Chandler and Alexis Ajinca – without giving up hope on the Hornets changing their minds. Mark Cuban and Co. maintained financial flexibility by taking back two expiring contracts, although neither has the instantly-vanishing allure of the Damp chip.

Paul is apparently ready to move on as well, with a source close to him telling CBSSports.com: “He wants out.” ESPN’s Chris Broussard reports that teams expected to be in the running if/when Paul is traded include the Knicks, Magic, Trail Blazers and Mavericks, with New York topping the list.

An argument could be made that the Mavs can offer the best deal, even after giving up the Damp chip.

The Mavs have more than $30 million in expiring contracts (Chandler, Caron Butler, DeShawn Stevenson, J.J. Barea and Ajinca), although they have to wait a couple of months to include the ex-Bobcats in a package with other players. They have two intriguing, inexpensive young prospects in Beaubois and first-round pick Dominique Jones. (However, it should be noted that Hornets guards Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton were impressive as rookies last season, so it’s not like youth in the backcourt is a big need in the Big Easy.) The Mavs would certainly be willing to include as many future picks and as much cash as allowed – and take back the bad contracts of Emeka Okafor ($53.2 million over four years) and James Posey ($13.4 million over two years) -- to get a legitimate All-NBA talent who has yet to reach his prime.

Orlando could also put together a reasonable package to take Okafor and Posey along with Paul, but it wouldn’t be nearly as financially attractive. The Magic might offer Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson and Marcin Gortat along with picks and cash for Paul and the pair of bad contracts. Carter’s megacontract comes off the books after this season. But the Hornets would have to want Nelson ($22.8 million over three years) and Gortat ($28.1 million over four years).

The Knicks and Blazers can’t offer the Hornets a dumping ground for Okafor and Posey. They’d have to hope that the Hornets, under pressure from Paul and his reps, would be willing to swap their franchise cornerstone by himself for a package that featured expiring contracts, a couple of promising young players, picks and cash. The Blazers have reportedly offered guard Jerryd Bayless and small forward Nicolas Batum. Wings Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler are the Knicks’ most attractive assets.

Of course, New Orleans could simply opt to play hardball with a player under contract for two more seasons. If the Hornets cave to CP3’s trade demands this season, the Mavs are still positioned to perhaps make the best offer.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...