Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #81
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mavs vs Wizards Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
One digit.
que?
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #82
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I hate the zone!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #83
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
One digit.
que?
Only trailed by one digit. But it's obsolete now.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 PM   #84
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Mavs vs Wizards Gameday Thread

Don Nelson, I'd like to introduce you to Dirk Nowitzki...your best player. You know, the guy who has had 3 (THREE!!!!) shots. Danny Fortson has 3 shots. Do you see the absolute idiocy of your ways yet?

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the zone defense isn't working. You might want to try man.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 PM   #85
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
I hate the zone!
I love ESPN Zone, in Broadway.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 PM   #86
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well, good news..the mavs have only allowed 2 offensive rebounds
There aren't many rebounds to get when you are shooting well. So what if they've only allowed 2 offensive boards? They are allowing them to shoot 49%.

And as for Dirk... he needs to get his own head in the game and rebound.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 PM   #87
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Is anyone else getting really really frustrated with Fin?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 PM   #88
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I'm not having to watch this.

It's hard enough to watch it on yahoo.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #89
Chiwas
Guru

Ring, ring, ring....is Nelson there?

Old 11-05-2003, 08:05 PM   #90
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Is anyone else getting really really frustrated with Fin?
Finley stays cold with a fadaway 15 footer. 2-8 now
41-51 Wizards now.
Correction, 2-9
Old 11-05-2003, 08:06 PM   #91
Chiwas
Guru

It seems to me watching this game that Delk is better and quicker to defend than Nash.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #92
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm..amazing
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #93
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't that they are missing Nash... they are missing Dirk in the post. Good Lord.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #94
mavs413
Golden Member

F@#* Arenas and Hughes!!!
14 and 15pts for them.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #95
Chiwas
Guru

They are killing us with treys!

"...with their own medicine"

Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #96
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

Pat Riley anyone?
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #97
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I would say that about sums up the first half

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:09 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hughes, dixon, and arenas are just killing the mavs
Old 11-05-2003, 08:09 PM   #99
mavs413
Golden Member

59-43 at the Half!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:10 PM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
It isn't that they are missing Nash... they are missing Dirk in the post. Good Lord.
Bayliss, why would Dirk be an integral part of the Mavs offense?
Old 11-05-2003, 08:10 PM   #101
Bayliss

Can someone explain to me how and why you do not put Dirk some in the post? Or on the elbow?

He's being gaurded by whom? Laettner? Brown?

Sometimes I think Nellie can make anyone look like all world defensively. For the opposing team.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:11 PM   #102
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It's goign to be one of those nights for Fin. I give him props for not giving up on his shot after going 1-4 but its about time to go inside with his game and go out. I hate the zone. I thought the whole point of the zone was because Bradley benefited from it? With him not in there the Mavs give up too many 3's. Granted, teams aren't going to hit 3's like this night in and night out it is going to happen. Wiz are just on fire.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:12 PM   #103
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The difference in the game:

The warriors two best players have the most shot attempts.

The mavericks best player has not got a single play ran for him. I suppose that Nelson is afraid of the matchup that Christian Laettner presents. Lord knows he's a defensive dynamo. Wouldn't want to give the ball to Dirk against that vaunted Wizards frontline.

Give me a F'IINGGGGGGGGGG break Nelson. You are being outcoached by a no-name coach. If you would play the rest of this game like any coach in their right mind, by feeding your best player, we'd be able to come back and get the W.

But as it stands now, even if we do make an offensive explosion we'll still lose because you insist on playing that GD zone defense. Hello! The zone has done nothing but invite wide open 3 pointers and offensive rebounds.

Pull your head out of your ass, man up, and give the ball to Dirk. We'll be fine.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:13 PM   #104
mavs413
Golden Member

Finley is 2-9.
Hes missed a couple wide-open shots.
We are making the Wizards look reeeal good, without Stackhouse even.
If this keeps up, I'll be forced to watch the Bron, Melo game on ESPN.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #105
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Can someone explain to me how and why you do not put Dirk some in the post? Or on the elbow?

He's being gaurded by whom? Laettner? Brown?

Sometimes I think Nellie can make anyone look like all world defensively. For the opposing team.

Well for starters, you can't have 3 guys in the post. Jamison and Walker have been in the post all night with the exception of the times Walker brought the ball up court.

1996-2005
Old 11-05-2003, 08:15 PM   #106
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

59-43, Wizards lead at the half.

Walker (22) 4-7, 1-2, 9pts, 5rbs, 2as, 1to, 1blk

Finley (18) 2-9, 2-3, 6pts, 1rb, 3as, 1to, 2stls

Dirk (21) 1-4, 5-6, 7pts, 2rbs, 2as, 1to, 2stls

Delk (16) 2-4, 0-1, 3-4, 7pts, 1rb, 1as, 2stls

Nash (7) 1-3, 2pts, 2rbs, 2as, 2to's, 1stl

Best (11) 0-2, 1rb

Jamison (15) 4-6, 0-1, 2-3, 10pts, 8rbs, 3to's

Fortson (5) 1-3, 2pts, 3rbs, 2to's

Howard (5) 0-2, 1as, 1to, 1blk

Not sure what Nelson is thinking by not posting up Dirk? Does he think we're uncapable of getting Dirk the ball down low without Nash?

I hate to see Finley still shooting since he isn't hitting anything. I would like to know if he's taking open shots for the most part? I don't want him to start passing on open ones for fear of missing.

How about throwing Daniels in there? He's brought good things.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:18 PM   #107
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Dirk looks disinterested. When he looks disinterested...look out. Everybody else seems to be in slow motion. Also, where are the Mavs perimeter shots? Perimeter shots are their strength(except Fin). Let the outside shots fly guys!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:18 PM   #108
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Finley is 2-9.

1. Fin isn't the reason why we are losing this game.
2. Wizards ARE better when they don't have Stack's inconsistent shooting.
3. This Bron/Melo game could be a classic or one of the most overhyped games in pro sports. I'd take a chance on a classic game.

1996-2005
Old 11-05-2003, 08:19 PM   #109
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Sure seems as though the ball is bouncing thir way tonight and not ours...or maybe we just didn't show up to play (Nellie included) and they did....whatever it is (and I joined the game late)...this is just plain weird.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:20 PM   #110
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Finley is 2-9.

3. This Bron/Melo game could be a classic or one of the most overhyped games in pro sports. I'd take a chance on a classic game.
I hate to say it but Fin looks pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And he can't dribble worth a damn.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:20 PM   #111
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

These type of games make me REALLY, REALLY wish we had someone on the team (hello, Fin) who would call the guys together and settle them down, but also light a fire under their ass. Tell them to get their shit together or we won't be better than the Sonics. Tell them to start bustin their humps...

Something that showed that we had the slightest bit of passion. Something that said, "I'm so f'ing ashamed of what's happening to us right now and it's going to stop right now."
Old 11-05-2003, 08:21 PM   #112
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
59-43, Wizards lead at the half.

Walker (22) 4-7, 1-2, 9pts, 5rbs, 2as, 1to, 1blk

Finley (18) 2-9, 2-3, 6pts, 1rb, 3as, 1to, 2stls

Dirk (21) 1-4, 5-6, 7pts, 2rbs, 2as, 1to, 2stls

Delk (16) 2-4, 0-1, 3-4, 7pts, 1rb, 1as, 2stls

Nash (7) 1-3, 2pts, 2rbs, 2as, 2to's, 1stl

Best (11) 0-2, 1rb

Jamison (15) 4-6, 0-1, 2-3, 10pts, 8rbs, 3to's

Fortson (5) 1-3, 2pts, 3rbs, 2to's

Howard (5) 0-2, 1as, 1to, 1blk

Not sure what Nelson is thinking by not posting up Dirk? Does he think we're uncapable of getting Dirk the ball down low without Nash?

I hate to see Finley still shooting since he isn't hitting anything. I would like to know if he's taking open shots for the most part? I don't want him to start passing on open ones for fear of missing.

How about throwing Daniels in there? He's brought good things.

2 was while the shot clock was going down and 1 he shot a fadeaway jumper. The rest have been open. He just isn't hitting.

1996-2005
Old 11-05-2003, 08:23 PM   #113
mavs413
Golden Member

Most of Mikes shots were W I D E open, he should have made them. Fin and Dirk did not come to play tonight, they both look out of it! With Nash literally out of it, we are undermanned right now. We just need to get Dirk the ball and stop turning it over. Get rid of the zone for a while please!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:23 PM   #114
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Quote:
Finley is 2-9.

I hate to say it but Fin looks pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And he can't dribble worth a damn.

Finley never could dribble worth a damn. Where have you been? And yes Fin looks pathetic. Just like everyone else on this team. Fin isn't shooting well. Dirk isn't rebounding well. Nellie isn't coaching well. I can go on.

1996-2005
Old 11-05-2003, 08:24 PM   #115
Murphy3
Guru

a big problem with too many options?
not getting the ball to the best option often enough
Old 11-05-2003, 08:26 PM   #116
Murphy3
Guru

oh goody, things are looking better
Old 11-05-2003, 08:27 PM   #117
mavs413
Golden Member

Wiz by a Dub.
Come on guys!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:29 PM   #118
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Holy F'ing Shit...Finley and Dirk look like they just don't give a damn. Complacent mo fo's. Finley, I don't care how many times I've said it, REALLY needs to work on his handle. It's embarrassing.

Nellie, cool it with the zone. Stop running plays for Tony Delk. Basically, be a basketball coach.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:30 PM   #119
Murphy3
Guru

let's not put this all on nellie..the mavs are playing like crap... they're getting hammered by the wiz outside shooters.. the mavs aren't closing on shooters..the mavs aren't hitting their shots...the mavs are turning the ball over.

there's alot of reasons for the mavs poor play other than just your usual problems with Nellie as a coach
Old 11-05-2003, 08:30 PM   #120
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Quote:
Finley is 2-9.

Finley never could dribble worth a damn. Where have you been? And yes Fin looks pathetic. Just like everyone else on this team. Fin isn't shooting well. Dirk isn't rebounding well. Nellie isn't coaching well. I can go on.
Don't take it personallly. I am just venting my frustrations. His dribbling skills are just more pronounced tonight for some reason.