Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official Dallas Maverick at Houston Rockets gameday 3/15/06

Im not a morning person and this is going to be one heck of a tough game to win, but its 2:30 and Im not a morning person so I wont be around if no one makes a GDT.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2006, 04:34 AM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Dammit. I should've made use of my jetlag and gotten this one.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #3
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

4 games in 5 days is just evil.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #4
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

4 games in 5 days is just evil.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Mavericks 99 - 85 Rockets

Whenever these two teams play, I always root for a big game from Yao but a win for the Mavs. Yao goes off for 30+ & 15 (I'm very interested to see how Diop/Damp perform and the defensive scheme(s) AJ uses). Dirk goes off for 30+ pts. with a combo of Juwan/Stromile on him (ha!). Our guards make mincemeat of that joke of a backcourt. Alston steps up to score 18+ only because no one else on the team's any good. I'm not calling it, but I think that if Van Gundy played this right, Juwan could have a very strong offensive game - we've always been bad at guarding the PF position.

One of the most memorable Mavs/Rockets moments...shame both players are MIA.

"His enduring image is iconic: eyes shut, elbows bent, head bowed beneath the splayed legs of a soaring Tracy McGrady. Think 7 feet and 6 inches of feeble intentions, a picture of defiance that rivals the unknown protester who stood in front of a tank column at Tiananmen Square – that is, if said tanks had subsequently run the guy over.

Sniff. I miss Shawn Bradley already."

- Patrick Hruby, ESPN Page 2 (Linkage)
Old 03-15-2006, 06:31 AM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what to think of this one. If it weren't on the second night of a b2b, I'd predict an easy win, even with all the injuries. However, because it is the 4th game in 5 nights, I think it could be a tough one.

90-84 Mavs
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Mavs 95 Rockets 86.

Should be easy win. The centers will play a big role in this game and I believe all Damp, Diop and even Mbenga match up well against Yao.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to not get in a 19 point hole again tonight.

It's middle of March already. Just gut it out!
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs 89-81

Dirk scores 30+
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #9
MichaelSang

MichaelSang is on a distinguished road

Go Mavs!!!
Go Dirk!!!!
Go !!!!!!!!!!!!
MichaelSang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #10
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSang
Go Mavs!!!
Go Dirk!!!!
Go !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #11
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

We need a strong start. Take it to the rack every possession and get Yao in foul trouble! Also think we need to use DJ & JPo much to keep Dirk well rested for the final quarter... he played 45min last night!

Given our injuries and the fact it's a 4th game in 5 nights, and given we're playing a JVG team sans TMac, I predict a low-scoring win in the final minute: 81-78 Mavs!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 95-88
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

I'm a little concerned about minutes - Stack is still at a manageable low-30s, but Q has played 41 and 42, respectively, in the last two games. Terry has played 40 and 40, and Dirk has played 43, 42 and 45 in his last three. The lack of bodies has forced some of our key guys to pound the hardwood more than I am comfortable with in a short stretch of games (4 in 5 days?). It sucks that there isn't anything we can do about it and I really really hope that we don't see more injuries coming out of this...*knock on wood*
Old 03-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Dirk is 27 he can take the minutes. His minutes are way down this season. The mavs just need to get healthy and get a win.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC
Dirk is 27 he can take the minutes. His minutes are way down this season. The mavs just need to get healthy and get a win.
No, Dirk's minutes are very much in line with what he has played since the 2000-01 season (between 38-39). It doesn't matter how old you are or how in shape you are, excessive muscle fatigue (caused by playing alot of minutes, in this case a significant jump from about 38 to the mid-40s) makes it much easier to get silly injuries (ankle sprains especially come to mind for Dirk).
Old 03-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #16
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

orangedays, extremely good point...i live in jersey and was listenin to the game thru radio (oh thank heavens for Mavs having free radio...although i would gladly spend the 19.95 to listen)...and was just thinking all throughout the game how much more of a risk a huge injury is right now...i never ever got too worried about the injuries throughout the season, but right now i am getting a little anxious. My prediction for tonight though:
Mavs 98 Rockets 82

Avery has got to be extremely fed up at this point, seeing his Mavericks play (hopefully i won't get reamed for this)...lackluster ball. I was very disappointed in these last few games as well, and after seeing the halftime score yesterday after rushing home from work, i nearly broke down. i kept yelling, "they are at home, just get off to a good start!!!!!" and after the marvelous 3rd quarter calmed me down a little, i realized Avery had to say something pretty deep at halftime. Let's just handle this texas showdown, and put this ugly 4 in 5 behind us.

M.F.F.L.!!!!

by the way, this is my first post, and i just wanna say i love this board...i'm up in jersey and its hard to find a hardcore mavs fan here...it just doesn't exist. have a good day everyone....GO MAVS
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #17
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

dirk needs to set a tone early and find his shooting touch.

98-92 mavs.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199

Avery has got to be extremely fed up at this point, seeing his Mavericks play (hopefully i won't get reamed for this)...lackluster ball.
Oh, you won't get "reamed" at all, because you're aboslutely right. I am a little more understanding when we have so many injuries, but still, there's no reason we should get ourselves into a 19 point half-time deficit against a team like Cleveland. Granted, it hurts when Dirk is 1-11, but still, lethargic starts are all too common these days.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk gets his first 40 point game of the year.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #20
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199
orangedays, extremely good point...i live in jersey and was listenin to the game thru radio (oh thank heavens for Mavs having free radio...although i would gladly spend the 19.95 to listen)...and was just thinking all throughout the game how much more of a risk a huge injury is right now...i never ever got too worried about the injuries throughout the season, but right now i am getting a little anxious. My prediction for tonight though:
Mavs 98 Rockets 82

Avery has got to be extremely fed up at this point, seeing his Mavericks play (hopefully i won't get reamed for this)...lackluster ball. I was very disappointed in these last few games as well, and after seeing the halftime score yesterday after rushing home from work, i nearly broke down. i kept yelling, "they are at home, just get off to a good start!!!!!" and after the marvelous 3rd quarter calmed me down a little, i realized Avery had to say something pretty deep at halftime. Let's just handle this texas showdown, and put this ugly 4 in 5 behind us.

M.F.F.L.!!!!

by the way, this is my first post, and i just wanna say i love this board...i'm up in jersey and its hard to find a hardcore mavs fan here...it just doesn't exist. have a good day everyone....GO MAVS
Where is this free radio?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #21
orangedays
Platinum Member

Welcome to the board xraided -

Jersey Represent!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #22
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
I am not 100% sure but if you follow the game play on YAhoo, they usually have a place for broadcasts on the radio. some are free, and some you have to pay for.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #23
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Well, I just tried on the Mavs site and got the feed from the Cav's game. So I am wondering if there is a live feed. I will keep looking.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If the yahoo starting lineup is correct, it looks like Adrian Griffin is back.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #25
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Shiz nit.. Its on ESPN.. duh!!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #26
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

espn1033.com, you should be able to listen live to the game
Old 03-15-2006, 08:40 PM   #27
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

ha, I didn't know if you were out of town or in Dallas
Old 03-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #28
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
You'll find it at www.nba.com/mavericks/ where it says "Listen to every Mavs game..." If you have problems logging on, it's most likely you're no member of nba.com. In that case PM me and I send you my log-in data.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
If the yahoo starting lineup is correct, it looks like Adrian Griffin is back.
My brother called me from the Toyata Center and said that KVH was participating in pre-game warm up. I'm not sure if that means he's necessarily playing.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:01 PM   #30
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Bill Worrell!

Yippee! **groans**
Old 03-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

word, orangedays, had no idea there was another damn dallas fan in NJ...and yes nba.com/mavericks has the free radio, which has kept me alive this whole past year...i dont know what i would have done without it...GO MAVS
Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #32
orangedays
Platinum Member

Haha, I'm not actually from Jersey - just a big fan of Jay & Silent Bob and their swashbuckling humor.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #33
xraided199

ok guys, one more thing

and PLEASE PLEASE don't hate me for asking this.

i did try the search option and tried to look everywhere before i had to ask this...
but what the HECK does HoH mean for the over/under threads? i am thinkin its some type of bonus question, but i just cant figure it out...
thanx everyone
Old 03-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #34
xraided199

oh thats totally fine....i do love them like hell
Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here tonight?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM   #36
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

They have the worst camera angles right now.

Dirk needs to be much more aggressive.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #37
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Dirk and Terry look like they came to play. Hopefully Stack breaks out tonight.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #38
xraided199

maybe im an idiot, but who is this marshall that i keep hearin mentioned throughout this game??
Old 03-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #39
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Boy, Marshall certainly looks like a youngin. Nice steal.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #40
xraided199

nevermind, its rawle, i forgot bout him...