Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #6001
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

6000!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #6002
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If we have to ditch gooden in mid-season I am depressed. I don't see many if any teams add major pieces at the trade deadline and compete.
Agreed. I actually hope (against all evidence to the contrary) that Gooden fits here and excels here. We have needed a center that could force defences to cover our center (and not fade towards Dirk) for years. If Gooden can do that, he becomes Golden (a silly play on one little letter).

And, if he is crap, he is a Buck Shot like deal and that is Golden also. Call it the Golden Shot (I predict perverse comparisons to sexual acts jumping onto the chat board...).
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #6003
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
Agreed. I actually hope (against all evidence to the contrary) that Gooden fits here and excels here. We have needed a center that could force defences to cover our center (and not fade towards Dirk) for years. If Gooden can do that, he becomes Golden (a silly play on one little letter).

And, if he is crap, he is a Buck Shot like deal and that is Golden also. Call it the Golden Shot (I predict perverse comparisons to sexual acts jumping onto the chat board...).

And I hope Nathan Jawai excels here, but I don't think it will happen. I don't think anyone doesn't want Gooden to excel, we just don't think he will and therefore hope we can get something good for him. Having him be good enough to fill a need and then some is the best option though.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #6004
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
And I hope Nathan Jawai excels here, but I don't think it will happen. I don't think anyone doesn't want Gooden to excel, we just don't think he will and therefore hope we can get something good for him. Having him be good enough to fill a need and then some is the best option though.
I don't disagree with you at all.

But... If Gooden can punish a team that fades the center towards Dirk on defense, then Gooden is Golden and stays on the team.

If the center can't fade towards Dirk's back in the high post, Dirk is going to have a hell of a season.

What I am saying is that Gooden doesn't have to be an all star to make this team a lot better. He just has to be good enough to prevent the center doubling on Dirk.

If we had a Gooden type player when we faced the Heat for the championship, we would have won. We lost because Riley (the genius) pulled Shaq and played Alonzo Mourning and told Zo to double Dirk at his back and ignore Dampier on defense...

When the ball went to Dampier, he was too slow and clumsy and gave the defense time to collapse on him.

So... Gooden in that year would have meant rings in my opinion.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #6005
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
I don't disagree with you at all.

But... If Gooden can punish a team that fades the center towards Dirk on defense, then Gooden is Golden and stays on the team.

If the center can't fade towards Dirk's back in the high post, Dirk is going to have a hell of a season.

What I am saying is that Gooden doesn't have to be an all star to make this team a lot better. He just has to be good enough to prevent the center doubling on Dirk.
Exactly. He is able to catch passes, Damp was never able to do that. And he can finish. With 3 of the scoring 4 (JET/Josh/Dirk/Marion) on the court beside Kidd and Gooden u simply cant double Dirk because the open man will be too good in offense and punish it (together with Kidds passing skills to find that open guy).

And if we play that R&G with Dirk at center there wont be any doubles either except one of our guys is stonecold.

The only problem with Gooden is that he maybe get at defense together with Dirk so damn burned that the offensive advantage get destroyed...

Last edited by sefant77; 08-11-2009 at 08:57 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #6006
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You can find any number of players to stick at center and they'll be able to score a little. Gooden is going to score a little bit from center. That is not a question and not even close to the key to his contributions.

The question is whether he can provide that offense while not completely negating it by completely sucking defensively. That was the question with Bass, and it's the question with just about anyone the Mavs are going to put at center this season that is not named Damp. His questions are exactly the opposite, obviously.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-11-2009 at 09:29 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #6007
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Yes, I agree that Gooden is not Dampier on defense. When we face a team with a scoring center (there are not many great scoring centers in the NBA and all of those teams that have one are Championship contenders), Dampier will log minutes. Gooden then plays when:
1)that center is on the bench
2)when the offensive need is desperate and the risk of losing on defense is outweighed by the offensive need
3)the opponent's center is doubling Dirk

Neither Gooden nor Dampier are perfect. But, there just aren't a lot of Dwight Howards in the NBA...
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #6008
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone always focuses on the opposing center when talking about defense from our center. And that always misses the point, in my mind.

When Dirk is your PF, you need a defensive center, not only to guard opposing big men, but to clog the lane and defend the rim. This is why the question of whether they can live with Gooden defensively is so important, not because we face elite offensive big men every night.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #6009
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You can find any number of players to stick at center and they'll be able to score a little. Gooden is going to score a little bit from center. That is not a question and not even close to the key to his contributions.

The question is whether he can provide that offense while not completely negating it by completely sucking defensively. That was the question with Bass, and it's the question with just about anyone the Mavs are going to put at center this season that is not named Damp. His questions are exactly the opposite, obviously.
what was the question?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #6010
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

^^^ Heh. Yeah...that's terrible.

As I'm sure some have noticed in my time here, I have a bizarre tendency to latch onto a word or short phrase and repeat it over and over in a post. I read back through my posts later on and am horrified.

Ah well. A writer I am not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 08-12-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #6011
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but here it goes.

Quote:
14. Utah Jazz

Key additions: Eric Maynor

Key subtractions: None

In limbo: Jarron Collins (U), Morris Almond (U), Brevin Knight (U)

The Jazz have had a very costly summer. Carlos Boozer decided to return to the team for another season at $12.7 million. Then the Jazz extended Mehmet Okur's contract. Finally, they matched Paul Millsap's four-year, $32 million offer sheet from the Blazers, swallowing the hefty $5.6 million signing bonus Portland threw in. Now things get really interesting because the Jazz are set to incur major luxury-tax penalties this season, a big no-no in past years in Utah. That has led GM Kevin O'Connor to actively pursue trades for Boozer. The Jazz have talked deals with the Bulls, Mavs, Heat and Pistons.
http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/30688

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #6012
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Boozer for Buckner-Humphries-Williams-Jawai works under the cap.

Utah does it purely to save money. They waive Buck immediately, and save $5.3MM this year ($10.6 if you factor in LT). They're on the hook for Humphries' player option for next season at $3.2MM, but they have some time to sort that out, can keep him on the roster (as they'll have other contracts coming off by then) or trade him in the offseason as an expiring.

Mavs do it, obviously, to trade a bunch of junk for an All-Star offensive post presence, also clears out the roster logjam quite a bit.

For the record, I HATE Carlos Loozer...but if this deal can happen, you have to pull the trigger. Worst case is you have a $12MM expiring either coming off the books at the end of the season, or to use at the deadline; if Loozer stays through the end of the season, you have his Bird rights, and can either re-sign him or use him in a S&T for a free agent who meets a need better.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #6013
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Boozer for Buckner-Humphries-Williams-Jawai works under the cap.

Utah does it purely to save money. They waive Buck immediately, and save $5.3MM this year ($10.6 if you factor in LT). They're on the hook for Humphries' player option for next season at $3.2MM, but they have some time to sort that out, can keep him on the roster (as they'll have other contracts coming off by then) or trade him in the offseason as an expiring.

Mavs do it, obviously, to trade a bunch of junk for an All-Star offensive post presence, also clears out the roster logjam quite a bit.

For the record, I HATE Carlos Loozer...but if this deal can happen, you have to pull the trigger. Worst case is you have a $12MM expiring either coming off the books at the end of the season, or to use at the deadline; if Loozer stays through the end of the season, you have his Bird rights, and can either re-sign him or use him in a S&T for a free agent who meets a need better.
...my question why is Boozer still in Utah today. He was supposed to opt out, then in, picked up the option, then Utah matches Millsap....Utah doesn't want to pay the tax. Now quiet on that front, Utah's not desperate to dump him. Could it be that Utah's eyeing the Buck Shot...since there is no other immediate savings that can be moved today?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #6014
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

If we add Boozer to the lineup, I think we can seal up the guarantee that we will be the number one rebounding team in the league.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #6015
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Would the Jazz really trady Boozer to a potential PO opponent to save 10mio?

With the possibility for us to keep Boozer longtime or getting talent in a S&T?

I doubt...

They ship them in the east or keep him this year...

Funny, Boozer and Gooden are practically the same players, just Boozer is twice as good in offense. The rest: no defense, character issues, fucking ugly...

Last edited by sefant77; 08-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #6016
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We'd also be the best offensive team, hands down. Boozer is still capable of being a 20/10 guy so if you get that for junk then yeah.

Kinda a weak rumor though but hey, August. Better than nothing to talk about.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #6017
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Funny, Boozer and Gooden are practically the same players, just Boozer is twice as good in offense. The rest: no defense, character issues, fucking ugly...
Not really you give Boozer the ball on the low block at about 8 feet on the right block, he will find a way to score on a 2 foot layup. Gooden can't do that. That's a huge difference in their games. Boozer's ability to post up in the low block.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #6018
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Interesting to note the Jazz are selling Boozers jerseys at half price.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...at_half_price/
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #6019
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder if blind men would notice the difference?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #6020
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...at_half_price/
so we get boozer?~~
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #6021
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
so we get boozer?~~
One can only hope, it'd be an interesting lineup we send out there. Boozer gets the official designation as center?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #6022
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I would like to see Boozer in Mavs blue guess at this point it's wait and see.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #6023
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
One can only hope, it'd be an interesting lineup we send out there. Boozer gets the official designation as center?
I wish we could get a defensive center instead of Boozer. I just don't know how to feel about it if we get him.
On one hand he is like Gooden but 10 times better at offense and rebounding, but he also knows hes better and is gonna want touches and minutes.

Boozer won't like it if we play Kidd/Terry/J-ho/Marion/Dirk to finish games.
He is known to be kind of a winer.

And I know that we might not even be even interested in Boozer, just speculating.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #6024
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

What other big men could we realistically look at? I'm not saying Boozer is realistic at this point just asking.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #6025
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

If we got Boozer, Terry or Howard would be on the bench at the end of the game. Not Boozer.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #6026
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
If we got Boozer, Terry or Howard would be on the bench at the end of the game. Not Boozer.
Boozer gets us easy points, plus he isn't a 50% free throw shooter. So he won't be a target to hammer in the final possessions of games.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #6027
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Clippers Get Rasual Butler From Hornets

Aug 12, 2009 1:14 PM EST

The Hornets have traded Rasual Butler to the Clippers in exchange for a future second-round pick, according to sources.

The trade is expected to be officially announced on Wednesday afternoon.

Butler will earn $3.9 million in 2009-10, and the move will allow New Orleans to save close to $8 million when luxury tax implications are taken into account.

The Mavericks could have used Buckner to get him.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #6028
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Clippers Get Rasual Butler From Hornets

Aug 12, 2009 1:14 PM EST

The Hornets have traded Rasual Butler to the Clippers in exchange for a future second-round pick, according to sources.

The trade is expected to be officially announced on Wednesday afternoon.

Butler will earn $3.9 million in 2009-10, and the move will allow New Orleans to save close to $8 million when luxury tax implications are taken into account.

The Mavericks could have used Buckner to get him.
I'm not sure we need another player coming off the end of the bench. I would feel better using the buck shot for a center or another big man.

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 08-12-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #6029
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure we need another player coming off the end of the bench. I would feel better using the buck shot for a center or another big man.
Agreed, if that were the case, we could have just signed McCants to the remainder of the MLE. In addition, NO was not desperate to move him, not desperate enough to move him to a division rival.

Camby or Dalembert would be my top picks at this point.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #6030
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Not really you give Boozer the ball on the low block at about 8 feet on the right block, he will find a way to score on a 2 foot layup. Gooden can't do that. That's a huge difference in their games. Boozer's ability to post up in the low block.
Yeah, thats exactly the point why Boozer is twice as good in offense
Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #6031
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

If we were to get Boozer I can see trading Gooden by the deadline.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #6032
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
If we were to get Boozer I can see trading Gooden by the deadline.
0 guaranteed versus a 3.6 cap hit is much more easier to move.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #6033
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

We make moves with Buckner and and Gooden that land us quality players we will all be singing Donnie's praises.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #6034
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
We make moves with Buckner and and Gooden that land us quality players we will all be singing Donnie's praises.
In this economic climate, it's hard not to snag a rotational player, but getting the right one is the key.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #6035
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Real GM says the Clippers are close to signing Sessions. If this is true perhaps they will be looking to drop some salary and we could pick up Kaman or Camby.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...rs_closing_in/
Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #6036
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Hopefully camby for a bunch of expiring.

BEAT LA
Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #6037
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Puts us at the top of the list.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #6038
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Have a question and can't think of a better place to ask, does anyone know when tickets for preseason games go on sell? The Mavs are hosting the Magic Oct 5th and I would like to see them trounce the Magic.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #6039
badfish22
Golden Member

Even Terry said we were a long defensive center away from championship contenders.

Heres that video if anyone hasnt seen it yet.

I like how Terry gets really excited at about 4:50 lol.

BEAT LA
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #6040
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
The one problem with that is that Camby himself is an expiring.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?