Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #3641
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
What contradictions? If you’re talking about the Android thing, you can go back through Thon Makers tweets during that year and he was using an android.
I don't think he's referring strictly to the Android/IPhone part. Looks like he's talking about all the stories and negativity and how there's no shortage of players around the league that really like him.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2021, 03:27 AM   #3642
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure plenty of ppl like Kidd but that doesn't change what he did in Brooklyn with the failed FO takeover or what he did with Sanders or any of the other stories. And ppl aren't exactly being consistent here. When the story about RC with Salah broke I don't recall anyone in particular defending RC or saying he gets the benefit of the doubt. But now JKidd gets some sort of benefit of the doubt? Because he's new? The Larry Sanders thing is bad to me there is no way around that just like the Salah thing was bad. Only in Kidd's case Sanders walked away from basketball at a very early age. He had off the court issues but having a coach use u as a punching bag clearly didn't aid him.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #3643
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm sure plenty of ppl like Kidd but that doesn't change what he did in Brooklyn with the failed FO takeover or what he did with Sanders or any of the other stories. And ppl aren't exactly being consistent here. When the story about RC with Salah broke I don't recall anyone in particular defending RC or saying he gets the benefit of the doubt. But now JKidd gets some sort of benefit of the doubt? Because he's new? The Larry Sanders thing is bad to me there is no way around that just like the Salah thing was bad. Only in Kidd's case Sanders walked away from basketball at a very early age. He had off the court issues but having a coach use u as a punching bag clearly didn't aid him.
Agree with you. I'm also not a fan of people excusing detestable behavior. He's only getting the benefit of the doubt because of "hope." If Kidd doesn't navigate things well, and treat people better, then he's going to get a very short leash from fans imo. RC lasted so long because of the title. IMO, fans don't feel like they owe Kidd nearly that much, even if he was the PG of the title team.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #3644
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Agreed, he should have taken Sanders aside and talked to him man to man. I think in his younger days he responded to the coaches that were asses....Danny Ainge, Scott Skiles, Byron Scott? Doesn't work that way any more, need to have a lot of man to man talks, develop the body as well as the mind.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #3645
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

The benefit of the doubt, as it's being put, is more to the point that he's more likely to have proven that he's changed his ways prior to being hired. I'm sure some of the first questions he was asked in the interview process was why it didn't work out previously and what he's learned since. We can all surmise and come to our conclusions based on rumors and quotes and stuff that comes out, but as someone pointed out, you won't find a shortage of plenty of players who played with, played for, or otherwise that don't view Kidd as good hire and dude.

The benefit of the doubt comes with a new opportunity. If he fails again in the same respects, then he's gone from coaching ranks forever and we had a bad hire. I tend to side with those people whose job it is to find out these things and don't go blindly hiring and firing people. Take a breathe, give it a chance. I'm eager to see what he can do here.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #3646
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

The benefit of the doubt, as it's being put, is more to the point that he's more likely to have proven that he's changed his ways prior to being hired. I'm sure some of the first questions he was asked in the interview process was why it didn't work out previously and what he's learned since. We can all surmise and come to our conclusions based on rumors and quotes and stuff that comes out, but as someone pointed out, you won't find a shortage of plenty of players who played with, played for, or otherwise that don't view Kidd as good hire and dude.

The benefit of the doubt comes with a new opportunity. If he fails again in the same respects, then he's gone from coaching ranks forever and we had a bad hire. I tend to side with those people whose job it is to find out these things and don't go blindly hiring and firing people. Take a breathe, give it a chance. I'm eager to see what he can do here.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #3647
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall having anything to say about the Salah situation. I barely remember it. Wasn't a huge fan of him. He wasn't good or productive enough to complain to refs and get techs like Luka.

I don't care about what Kidd did 20 years ago, or what he did at NJ or Mil. If he sucks here or acts like an asshole, there will be no shortage of folks who will call it out.

I have no say in the hiring and choose to only concern myself with what happens here.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:11 PM   #3648
SMC0007
Guru

This is good.

The Dallas Mavericks have signed Eugene Omoruyi to a two-way contract.

Omoruyi is currently playing with the Mavericks’ summer league team and is averaging a team-high 16.0 points and 7.0 rebounds through two contests. https://t.co/wqiqKH5GUL

Old 08-13-2021, 09:11 PM   #3649
SMC0007
Guru

This is good.

Omoruyi is currently playing with the Mavericks’ summer league team and is averaging a team-high 16.0 points and 7.0 rebounds through two contests. https://t.co/wqiqKH5GUL

Old 08-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #3650
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This is good.

Wasn’t a poster calling for him to be drafted?
Old 08-13-2021, 11:42 PM   #3651
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted EJ Onu.

A 6-6 PF doesn’t do much for me, but he’s scrapping with the best of them in SL so let him scrap in GLeague too
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:44 PM   #3652
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted EJ Onu.

A 6-6 PF doesn’t do much for me, but he’s scrapping with the best of them in SL so let him scrap in GLeague too
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #3653
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted Onu too based on measurables but man the guy just isn't very good. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #3654
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Wasn’t a poster calling for him to be drafted?
I thought I saw something about him here, maybe it was Twitter. Hard to navigate the trash on Twitter though.

He has been impressive. He's a good defender and has good post moves. Just one of those guys who isn't really flashy but gets the job done. Crafty and has a nose for the ball. Looking forward to seeing him again today.

Robert Franks is another guy who is impressive. I didn't know what to expect with him and was looking at EJ Onu more but he's shown WAY more than Onu. He knocked down big 3s and read the PnR really well. Never hesitated to take advantage of opportunities the defense gave and even set up some nice plays.

Keep an eye out for them today.

Old 08-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #3655
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Townsend: . @Jose Juan Barea is sitting with Nico Harrison and Michael Finley as Mavs prepare to face Denver. I, kinda-sorta-jokingly asked if this was a job interview. No answer, just smiles. – via Twitter townbrad
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #3656
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Townsend: . @Jose Juan Barea is sitting with Nico Harrison and Michael Finley as Mavs prepare to face Denver. I, kinda-sorta-jokingly asked if this was a job interview. No answer, just smiles. – via Twitter townbrad
Old 08-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #3657
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

Honestly, I don’t really give the Mavs much benefit of the doubt at this point… especially Cuban.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #3658
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

While the excepts from this book look pretty damaging, the timing of the release could not be better for the Mavs, since Kidd is already the coach. He comes in knowing he is under a microscope, with the entire organization and community aware of his militaristic tendencies. Luka probably comes in with his guard up, and Kidd knows that if Luka ain't happy, Kidd's time here will be short. No way Kidd wins in a battle with the future face of the NBA.

Kidd is under maximum pressure to show that he has changed and has learned some things. That is a good place for him to start.
Old 08-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #3659
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
While the excepts from this book look pretty damaging, the timing of the release could not be better for the Mavs, since Kidd is already the coach. He comes in knowing he is under a microscope, with the entire organization and community aware of his militaristic tendencies. Luka probably comes in with his guard up, and Kidd knows that if Luka ain't happy, Kidd's time here will be short. No way Kidd wins in a battle with the future face of the NBA.

Kidd is under maximum pressure to show that he has changed and has learned some things. That is a good place for him to start.
Don’t bet on it....leopards don’t change their spots.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:25 PM   #3660
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Don’t bet on it....leopards don’t change their spots.
Right. ESPECIALLY if he thinks he's tied in. He's not a outsider. He's friends with Cuban and everyone in the front office.

That being said, its very possible he's learned from his past mistakes. Could've humbled himself. That's part of a coaches journey. Before Bill Bellichek became a Super Bowl winning champion he did coach the Cleveland Browns. Probably learned from his mistakes there and that carried over to the Patriots.

If there's people in the Lakers camp that vouch for similar stories than I'd probably be more concerned.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #3661
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Los Angeles Clippers are trading Patrick Beverley, Rajon Rondo and Daniel Oturu to the Memphis Grizzlies for guard Eric Bledsoe, sources tell ESPN.
Old 08-15-2021, 08:46 PM   #3662
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Los Angeles Clippers are trading Patrick Beverley, Rajon Rondo and Daniel Oturu to the Memphis Grizzlies for guard Eric Bledsoe, sources tell ESPN.
Interesting trade. Bledsoe is definitely the best player as of right now included in the trade, but Clippers are giving up some depth as well as some defense. I guess defense no longer exists in today's NBA though.

I see reports on how it saves the Clippers $30 million.

Based off Hoopshype the Clippers' projected team salary was $174,130,837. After the trade it is now $168,166,869. The salary cap is $112.414 million, and the tax level is $136.606 million. The Clippers are paying luxury taxes above the tax level as follows:

$1.50 per $1 up to $4,999,999
$1.75 per $1 up to $9,999,999
$2.50 per $1 up to $14,999,999
$3.75 per $1 up to $19,999,999
$4.25 per $1 up to $24,999,999
$4.75 per $1 up to $29,999,999
$5.25 per $1 up to $34,999,999

Note: it's an extra $0.50 per each additional $5 million starting at $20 million over the tax level

So I read that the Clippers are saving $30 million. How much are they really saving based off the data on Hoopshype? They were $37,524,837 above the tax level. Now they are $31,560,869 above the tax level. They saved $18,055,433 at the tax level in which they'd pay $5.25 per $1. They also saved $14,517,819 at the tax level in which they'd pay $5.75 per $1. Lastly, they saved $5,963,968 in the players' salaries involved in the trade. That's a total savings of $38,537,219. However, they're still paying $100,694,568 in luxury tax. I hope their team is worth $268,861,437. At least they're not as crazy as Brooklyn, spending $320,764,007. I hope DeAndre Jordan is worth it. He's being paid $9,881,598. Their luxury? $53,942,481. So he's costing them $63,824,079. How do you justify that? Clearly, they think they're going to win championships with Durant, Harden, and Irving. Those 3 guys make more than the whole Mavericks roster.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 08-15-2021 at 10:27 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:19 PM   #3663
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Interesting trade. Bledsoe is definitely the best player as of right now included in the trade, but Clippers are giving up some depth as well as some defense. I guess defense no longer exists in today's NBA though.

Based off Hoopshype the Clippers' projected team salary was $174,130,837. After the trade it is now $168,166,869. The salary cap is $112.414 million, and the tax level is $136.606 million. The Clippers are paying luxury taxes above the tax level as follows:

Note: it's an extra $0.50 per each additional $5 million starting at $20 million over the tax level

So I read that the Clippers are saving $30 million. How much are they really saving based off the data on Hoopshype? They were $37,524,837 above the tax level. Now they are $31,560,869 above the tax level. They saved $18,055,433 at the tax level in which they'd pay $5.25 per $1. They also saved $14,517,819 at the tax level in which they'd pay $5.75 per $1. Lastly, they saved $5,963,968 in the players' salaries involved in the trade. That's a total savings of $38,537,219. However, they're still paying $100,694,568 in luxury tax. I hope their team is worth $268,861,437. At least they're not as crazy as Brooklyn, spending $320,764,007.
Can’t blame them for making the move of it saves them that much. I can’t imagine Rondo sticking around long. I’d be surprised if he even gets his bags unpacked.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:48 AM   #3664
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

What’s in it for Memphis? Surely it can’t be Oturo?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:48 AM   #3665
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-16-2021, 02:35 AM   #3666
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Filling their cap space? Good question.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:51 AM   #3667
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post

So I read that the Clippers are saving $30 million. How much are they really saving based off the data on Hoopshype? They were $37,524,837 above the tax level. Now they are $31,560,869 above the tax level. They saved $18,055,433 at the tax level in which they'd pay $5.25 per $1. They also saved $14,517,819 at the tax level in which they'd pay $5.75 per $1. Lastly, they saved $5,963,968 in the players' salaries involved in the trade. That's a total savings of $38,537,219. However, they're still paying $100,694,568 in luxury tax. I hope their team is worth $268,861,437. At least they're not as crazy as Brooklyn, spending $320,764,007. I hope DeAndre Jordan is worth it. He's being paid $9,881,598. Their luxury? $53,942,481. So he's costing them $63,824,079. How do you justify that? Clearly, they think they're going to win championships with Durant, Harden, and Irving. Those 3 guys make more than the whole Mavericks roster.
I think the Clippers are giving up the appearance of defense with Beverly. He isn't that good on D anymore and is limited on the type of player he can defend. Having said that, some veteran toughness like that might be a good add for the Grizz
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #3668
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Guess even 100 billion Steve Ballmer needs to save some money during these trying times.

It seems Memphis is moving those players again. We should be trying to acquire Pat Bev. Let him guard the opponents best offensive guard and it takes pressure off Luka, although he'd probably move on after next season unless something clicks. But they can have Powell.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-16-2021 at 09:09 AM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #3669
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I think the Clippers are giving up the appearance of defense with Beverly. He isn't that good on D anymore and is limited on the type of player he can defend. Having said that, some veteran toughness like that might be a good add for the Grizz
He's still better on defense than our guards.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:13 PM   #3670
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/...08586850557952

I'd trade Maxi in a second to get Markannen. We have to stop overvaluing players that come up short when it matters.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:13 PM   #3671
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-16-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #3672
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

I'd trade Maxi in a second to get Markannen. We have to stop overvaluing players that come up short when it matters.
Like overvaluing Markkanen and do a marginal move at best
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #3673
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Like overvaluing Markkanen and do a marginal move at best
Marginal improvements are better than none at all.

Old 08-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #3674
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marginal improvements are better than none at all.
The Bulls are toast regarding getting value for Lauri. Getting someone like Kleber in this Situation would be a jackpot for them.

The Mavs dont need to offer Kleber in this situation
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #3675
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In a heartbeat
Old 08-16-2021, 06:02 PM   #3676
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm not sure the additional offense from Markannen would be worth the sacrifice in defense from losing Maxi.

I was very disappointed in how both Maxi and Brunson disappeared in game 7. It is possible that they don't suck, but just that they never had the experience of playing a game 7 against one of the NBA's defenses. It is possible that they will grow from the experience and be better next time. For a while last season, Maxi was hitting threes with the best of them, but he was never the same after Covid.

Now if we could get them to take Powell, that's a no brainer.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:46 PM   #3677
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure the additional offense from Markannen would be worth the sacrifice in defense from losing Maxi.

I was very disappointed in how both Maxi and Brunson disappeared in game 7. It is possible that they don't suck, but just that they never had the experience of playing a game 7 against one of the NBA's defenses. It is possible that they will grow from the experience and be better next time. For a while last season, Maxi was hitting threes with the best of them, but he was never the same after Covid.

I’m with you on this. I’d keep Maxi’s defense and versatility, chemistry. I’d deal Maxi for a clear upgrade as part of a package. Unless we have another deal lined up with KP not sure what Lauri gives us we don’t already have.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:33 PM   #3678
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Maxi was awful defensively in the playoffs, so I'm not sure that tag still holds. He is a 7 ppg player that goes games without scoring a single point.

But the bigger and most obvious thing is having another tradable asset. Or if Lauri works out and KP doesn't come back to form, then you are in a much better position to trade KP.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:05 PM   #3679
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m with you on this. I’d keep Maxi’s defense and versatility, chemistry. I’d deal Maxi for a clear upgrade as part of a package. Unless we have another deal lined up with KP not sure what Lauri gives us we don’t already have.
He's 30 and not that versatile as people claim. Defensively he was glaringly bad in the playoffs but it was understood he was injured. I just dont see what we're holding onto when Lauri presents a potential upgrade at 24 years old. And if he is, it softens the blow of ever trading KP.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:32 PM   #3680
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
He's 30 and not that versatile as people claim. Defensively he was glaringly bad in the playoffs but it was understood he was injured. I just dont see what we're holding onto when Lauri presents a potential upgrade at 24 years old. And if he is, it softens the blow of ever trading KP.
Agree. This should be a no-brainer. A trade that gives us a younger, better asset.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack.kerr aucks