Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2020 NBA Draft

It's early, I know. But considering that we will have two top-40 picks I think it's worth discussing. People have said this is a weak draft, but I actually think it's relatively deep class, if weak at top.

Early on my favorite players:

1) Isaiah Stewart (C - Washington) --> hard to believe this guy is a freshmen with his well-built frame; simply a force inside, he rebounds, blocks shots, finishes, and hit free throws... going to shoot up draft boards

2) Tyrese Haliburton (PG - Iowa St.) --> another sleeper that I bet shoots up draft boards; weird shot, but he makes it; high level defender and passer with length

3) Precious Achiuwa (PF - Memphis) --> the single best athlete in the draft, he reminds me of Gerald Wallace... needs to work on all things offense, but one of the highest ceilings in the draft

4) Jordan Nwora (SF - Louisville) --> high character and consistently improving wing with a deadly jumper and underrated all-around game

5) Tyler Bey (PF - Colorado) --> undersized 4, but elite athletics, defense, and rebounding
Old 01-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Green would be a perfect fit next to Luka.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a two-way big in this draft -- Vernon Carey with our pick or Daniel Orturu with that GS pick.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #4
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Give me a two-way big in this draft -- Vernon Carey with our pick or Daniel Orturu with that GS pick.
Man I just don't see Carey dropping to us but that would be awesome.
Orturu could become a gem but he seems to be rising fast so he might not be there either.

I'd still package those picks to move up for Josh Green if they have to because that guy could become a solid #3 option quickly.
Above average playmaker, good size, good defender, decent shooter, confident as hell, great passer, outstanding feel for the game, and very athletic.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Players to watch and comparisons (assuming a pick in the 18-24 range) --- yes I should be working

Tyrese Haliburton (higher ceiling Delon Wright... I think he goes top 10 which is a bummer)

Josh Green (Victor Oladipo... another guy that could rise due to huge upside)

Isaiah Stewart (better Montrezl Harrell... he's similar to Harrell but has a more develop games and a better natural feel)

Precious Achiuwa (still reminds me of Gerald Wallace... cooling a little on him, I think Amar Sylla offers more upside)

Amar Sylla (highest upside in the draft... has Pascal Siakam- potential but will take a few years)

Aaron Nesmith (Alec Burks... questions about athleticism especially after his foot injury, but he's a deadly shooter)
Old 02-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #6
tap2390
Diamond Member

Some more, some redundant PLAYERS TO WATCH

These are players (and NBA comparisons) who IMO should be targeted by the Mavs in the upcoming draft. I've separated these players into three tiers.

The first tier is comprised of players who I believe will be lottery picks and therefore would require a trade up for the Mavs to secure (barring disaster post-ASG, of course).

The second tier is comprised of players who I believe are first round picks but not lottery picks. These are candidates if we stay put.

The third tier is comprised of players I believe will be available with the Warriors 2nd that we own.

Tier One

Anthony Edwards (SG, Georgia) - just a complete, prototypical shooting guard...a rare player in that people with his size, speed, and strength don't usually have the ability to score at all three levels... bigger Oladipo

Tyrese Haliburton (G, Iowa St.) - a lot of fun to watch... twitchy athlete and defender with improving offensive game... Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Killian Hayes (G, France) - skilled lefty with American roots... like Luka showing he can play with the big boys professionally... cliche, but a lot of Manu Ginobli in his game

Josh Green (SG, Arizona) - Australian who like Ben Simmons has a lot of natural athleticism and strength... right now a good defender with the potential to become a good offensive player as well... bigger, less skilled Donovan Mitchell

Tier Two

Isaiah Stewart (C, Washington) - really like this guy's fit next to KP... just a high-energy, high-effort player with an underrated skill set and elite strength & speed... one of the naturally strongest guys coming into the league since Steven Adams.... was ranked #3 nationally in his high school class for a reason... undersized, but is going to be a force inside and has the skills/ work ethic to develop a consistent jumper.... better Brandon Clarke

Precious Achiuwa (SF, Memphis) - a high energy force in the paint on offense and defense... would pair well with Porzingis and Luka... Rondae Hollis-Jefferson on steroids

Jalen Smith (PF, Maryland) - athletic big man with range and ability to defend the basket... Myles Turner

Jordan Nwora (SF, Louisville) - mature, skilled player with sneaky athleticism... high level shooter... Landry Shamet

Amar Sylla (PF, Senegal) - another great fit next to KP, people will be kicking themselves for not taking this kid in 3 years...Pascal Siakam

Tier Three

Cassius Stanley (SG, Duke) - just a roll of the dice on this kid's unbelievable athleticism (better Hamidou Diallo)

Jay Scrubb (SG, JUCO) - JUCO player who will rise pre-draft if he performs well against the big conference guys in workouts... basically the Anthony Edwards of JUCO

Tyler Bey (SF, Colorado) - high energy, consistent player who can switch 1 to 4 and has a better-than-advertised stroke... DFS with more hop

Last edited by tap2390; 02-07-2020 at 06:40 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I know I'm an Arkansas homer, but we should keep tabs on Mason Jones. Silky game, just had a 40 pointer the other night. He should rise on boards, but not sure that will be into the 1st round. Had a buddy bring up Paul Pierce's game as a comparison and I did not disagree. Though, yet to be seen on the defensive side. Arkansas has had to go really small this season after Connor Vanover somehow didn't get his transfer approved. This may also inflate his rebounding some, but someone has to get em!
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Soo.....

high likelihood that we miss the playoffs. Then we have a couple of decent picks.

16+ (lottery)

who would you draft?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:22 PM   #9
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Soo.....

high likelihood that we miss the playoffs. Then we have a couple of decent picks.

16+ (lottery)

who would you draft?

We're seven games ahead of the Blazers. If we miss the playoffs, Mavs need to tear up Luka's passport and force him to put work in this offseason.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
We're seven games ahead of the Blazers. If we miss the playoffs, Mavs need to tear up Luka's passport and force him to put work in this offseason.
Blazers 7-3 (.700)
Grizzlies 14-4 (.778)
Mavs 4-6 (.400)

Mavs may have a lead, but they have been sub-.500 and Blazers and Grizzlies are wrecking it right now.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blazers 7-3 (.700)
Grizzlies 14-4 (.778)
Mavs 4-6 (.400)

Mavs may have a lead, but they have been sub-.500 and Blazers and Grizzlies are wrecking it right now.
Once Luka returns we'll get things back on track. We also have the 3rd-easiest schedule of the top-8 teams in the West... We're making the playoffs, although it's looking more likely to be 5-8 seed at best.

The bigger fear for me, draft-wise, is that Steph Curry is coming back soon -- he's gonna mess up that second rounder, isn't he? GSW are closer to moving that pick 9 spots from where it currently sits than we are to missing the playoffs.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-11-2020 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:07 AM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Once Luka returns we'll get things back on track. We also have the 3rd-easiest schedule of the top-8 teams in the West... We're making the playoffs, although it's looking more likely to be 5-8 seed at best.

The bigger fear for me, draft-wise, is that Steph Curry is coming back soon -- he's gonna mess up that second rounder, isn't he? GSW are closer to moving that pick 9 spots from where it currently sits than we are to missing the playoffs.
They were talking about March so if that’s the case I think he would be back for 20-23 games or so.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Isaac Okoro. tankathon has him at #17 right now

Allready incredible smart decision maker, good defender, strong etc.

https://twitter.com/BballEval/status...75160054452224
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:

We were only .500 in the 6 games before Doncic was injured too. It's not like we were playing outstanding basketball before his injury. If Mavs return to .500 and the other teams stay as hot as they've been:

Grizzlies 50-32
Mavs 46-36
Blazers 44-38

Then again, here's the ranking of the difficulty of remaining schedule

1) Grizzlies - the hardest schedule of any of the 30 teams
19) Dallas
26) Portland

Portland has a way easier schedule to overcome us. If Grizzlies keep it up against a ridiculously hard schedule then they both will. Regardless, it's gonna be really fun.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #15
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Isaac Okoro. tankathon has him at #17 right now

Allready incredible smart decision maker, good defender, strong etc.

https://twitter.com/BballEval/status...75160054452224

I like him, but think he will take more time than the other prospects and may ultimately end up never having the shooting skillset needed to thrive on the perimeter in the NBA.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:46 AM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
We were only .500 in the 6 games before Doncic was injured too. It's not like we were playing outstanding basketball before his injury.
You’re using a 6-game sample where we went 3-3 as evidence that we’ll miss the playoffs? That’s a pretty insignificant indicator in this league. Hell, the Lakers recently went 5-5 over a 10-game span, and it’s not like it diminishes their overall chances of winning it all this year. And Portland just went 2-2 over their last 4. Basketball is a game of runs, both in-game and over a span of several games... Also, wasn’t KP injured, or at least coming back from injury during that span? I’m not buying a small sample size as predicative of what we can accomplish over the rest of the season, especially not with the All-Star break giving us a chance to heal up and re-center ourselves. We’re going to the playoffs this year. Project your draft scenarios accordingly.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-12-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
You’re using a 6-game sample where we went 3-3 as evidence that we’ll miss the playoffs? That’s a pretty insignificant indicator in this league. Hell, the Lakers recently went 5-5 over a 10-game span, and it’s not like it diminishes their overall chances of winning it all this year. And Portland just went 2-2 over their last 4. Basketball is a game of runs, both in-game and over a span of several games... Also, wasn’t KP injured, or at least coming back from injury during that span? I’m not buying a small sample size as predicative of what we can accomplish over the rest of the season, especially not with the All-Star break giving us a chance to heal up and re-center ourselves. We’re going to the playoffs this year. Project your draft scenarios accordingly.
I mean, we're also 16-16 (.500) over our last 32 (which represents 60% of the season so far)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-12-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
I mean, we're also 16-16 (.500) over our last 32 (which represents 60% of the season so far)
But Luka and KP have only played together 10 times out of those 32 games.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #19
tap2390
Diamond Member

I am in love with Isaiah Stewart’s game. I think he’s the perfect fit here in Dallas. He doesn’t turn 19 until May, yet has led the Huskies in scoring, rebounding, defensive advanced stats, and offensive advanced stats. He’s hitting about 75% on free throws and is relentless rebounding and contesting shots. I think he’s exactly the kind of player that would thrive next to KP and as the lone big in a small-ball set up off the bench.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I am in love with Isaiah Stewart’s game. I think he’s the perfect fit here in Dallas. He doesn’t turn 19 until May, yet has led the Huskies in scoring, rebounding, defensive advanced stats, and offensive advanced stats. He’s hitting about 75% on free throws and is relentless rebounding and contesting shots. I think he’s exactly the kind of player that would thrive next to KP and as the lone big in a small-ball set up off the bench.
I see him rising, but he could be still available with our first-rounder.

I love his game too and more than anything, he has the skills that would complement KP.

He has the strength and bulk to defend both PF and C. He's mobile enough to defend the drive. He is a pogo stick like Marion who can clear the glass or get tip-ins and he has had some sickeningly hard fouls. Decent touch around the basket.

Only thing he needs to work on is his screening (he has the body but not the maturity) and his offense (he almost completely lacks a jumper and often puts up lazy layups instead of dunking it hard or realizing his strength and following through)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-19-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWeb Ka View Post
Ð*азработчики сайтов<br> Ð*азработка сайтов, разработка web-приложений, разработка скриптов и еще многие тысячи<br>актуР°Ð»ÑŒÐ½Ñ‹Ñ… заказов по работе для всех, кто тесно связан с IT-деятельность ÑŽ.<br>Только у нас вы найдёте только свежие и ]
Yeah, but did you even try?
Old 02-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #22
scrambol

scrambol will become famous soon enoughscrambol will become famous soon enough

Udoke Azubuike would be a great pick and roll.
scrambol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #23
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambol View Post
Udoke Azubuike would be a great pick and roll.
Love Dok but that dudes game is 5 ft or less from the basket. Can’t see him getting any PT in Rick’s system but you are right he would be a nice pick and roll guy and would provide paint/rim protection.
He is an absolute beast at the college level.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #24
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Love Dok but that dudes game is 5 ft or less from the basket. Can’t see him getting any PT in Rick’s system but you are right he would be a nice pick and roll guy and would provide paint/rim protection.
He is an absolute beast at the college level.
He could easily fit the Dwight Powell role for this team, with more of a defensive presence and size. I think DP has proven you don't need to be able to shoot to be valuable within this system.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #25
tap2390
Diamond Member

Another guy to keep an eye on: Paul Reed. Probably a top-5 defender in NCAA ball with the physical skills to translate to the NBA. He reminds me of a more physically gifted Finney-Smith with better rebounding ability. I think he'd pair nicely with Porzingis. If he can hit 3s in his draft workouts we may see him go in the lottery.

Last edited by tap2390; 02-27-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #26
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
He could easily fit the Dwight Powell role for this team, with more of a defensive presence and size. I think DP has proven you don't need to be able to shoot to be valuable within this system.
He doesn’t have the foot speed of Powell.
His game is similar to Dampier but with better hands.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #27
tap2390
Diamond Member

Really starting to like Scottie Lewis, freshman from Florida. He has some great two-way potential as a three-and-D guy. He's extremely quick on defense, and racks up steals and blocks.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Really starting to like Scottie Lewis, freshman from Florida. He has some great two-way potential as a three-and-D guy. He's extremely quick on defense, and racks up steals and blocks.
Mavs HAVE to get some two-way players if we want to improve.

I love Doncic, but he's not a great defender.
I love KP, but he's really only a help defender blocking shots.
I love Curry, but he's an offense-only guy.

DFS has grown into that. THJ as well. We need more of that.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:19 PM   #29
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

I know we should go BPA, but we really need a good wing. We will never sniff any sort of championship if we can't do something with Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis etc.... and when it comes to free agency they're either those guys too good to expect them to join us or not very good. Yes they will be a rookie but give them time to develop. Get a defensive guy who has offensive potential which is what happened with Paul George.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Just take BPA/highest ceiling...

we terrible failed several years when we was desperately going for a Wade type...Cunningham, Jones etc. If you think you found a high ceiling guy at our draft position, just take him. Doesnt matter which position

Last edited by sefant77; 03-11-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #31
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Just take BPA/highest ceiling...

we terrible failed several years when we was desperately going for a Wade type...Cunningham, Jones etc. If you think you found a high ceiling guy at our draft position, just take him. Doesnt matter which position
You forgot Mo Ager
Old 03-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #32
tap2390
Diamond Member

Default Bored AF Mock Draft 1.0

1) GSW --> Anthony Edwards, SG, Georgia (best pure talent in the draft)

2) ATL --> Deni Avdija, SF, Maccabi Tel Aviv (skilled wing to take pressure off Trae)

3) CLE --> Obi Toppin, PF, Dayton (PnR partner for young guards)

4) MIN --> LaMelo Ball, PG, Illawarra (tall 1 to complement D'Angelo, a short 2)

5) DET --> James Wiseman, C, Memphis (can't pass up his talent here)

6) NYK --> Cole Anthony, PG, UNC (need a competent guard almost as badly as the U.S. needs a competent President)

7) CHI --> Killian Hayes, SG, Ulm (French combo guard playing in Germany, high skill level)

8) CHA --> Tyrese Haliburton, PG, Iowa St. (has the frame and game to play alongside Devonte Graham)

9) WAS --> Onyeka Okongwu, C, USC (drops due to size and old-school game)

10) PHX --> Tyrese Maxey, G, Kentucky (Suns thrilled to find the two-way guard at 10)

11) SAS --> Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn (Spurs take the defensive minded wing with loads of potential... sound familiar?)

12) POR --> Devin Vassell, G/F, Florida St. (3&D guy with elite intangibles)

13) SAC --> Aleksej Pokuševski, C, Olympiacos (perimeter big who needs time but could ultimately complement Bagley well)

14) NOP --> Josh Green, G/F, Arizona (relatively safe 3&D guy to put next to Zion)

15) ORL --> Aaron Nesmith, SG, Vanderbilt (they need scoring, and Nesmith might be the best shooter in the class)

16) MIN --> Patrick Williams, F, Florida State (need some wing defenders around their scorers)

17) BOS -->Isaiah Stewart, C, Washington (Celts have been looking for a center, and Stewart brings an inside presence they lack)

18) DAL --> R.J. Hampton, G, New Zealand Breakers (Mavs gamble on the sliding DFW product despite questions about shot and skill... his elite explosion adds a needed dimension to the Mavs)

19) MIL --> Vernon Carey, Jr., C, Duke (not the perimeter defender teams want, but has an elite inside game)

20) BKN --> Paul Reed, PF, DePaul (elite defender at the 4 who can complement KD and Irving)

21) DEN --> Tyler Bey, SF, Colorado (they take the local product with the all-around game)

22) PHI --> Nico Mannion, PG, Arizona (falls due to questions about physical limitations, but Philly needs his shooting)

23) MIA --> Kira Lewis, PG, Alabama (Dragic's contract is up and they need someone ready to take the reigns)

24) UTA --> Jaden McDaniels, F, Washington (highly ranked HS recruit who has been underwhelming in college)

25) OKC --> Saddiq Bey, F, Villanova (good wing scorer with questions about athleticism and defense)

26) BOS --> Theo Maledon, PG, ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne (Tony Parker's understudy, true floor general)

27) NYK --> Jahmi'us Ramsey, SG, Texas Tech (desperate to alleviate some of the scoring pressure on RJ, the Knicks take two guards in a row)

28) TOR --> Jalen Smith, C, Maryland (Raptors are thrilled to find a competent two-way rim-rolling big man with Ibaka and Gasol potentially leaving)

29) LAL --> Devon Dotson, PG, Kansas (Lakers take the defensive minded point who can get to the rim)

30) BOS --> Amar Sylla, PF, Oostende (With three first round picks, Celts have the benefit of being able to roll the dice on Sylla's unlimited upside)

*** BONUS ***

31) DAL --> Precious Achiuwa, F/C, Memphis (ahh yes, finally some draft luck for the Mavs who through some convoluted series of trades end up with the Warriors draft pick in possibly the only season the pick is worth anything in a decade of dominance.... Mavs go with the talented but undeveloped Precious Achiuwa who along with Hampton injects some much needed athleticism into the Mavs)

Last edited by tap2390; 03-19-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #33
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=...959.1587251536

Draft profiles for the top 30 prospects
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #34
sefant77
Guru

Yeah this draft is going to be interesting to review in a few years. Its considered a weak draft and now add to this the missing last months of the season and probably no workouts etc.

A lot of the players i think would be a classic Mavs target are mocked around late lottery, so i wouldnt be surprised if they try to move up (with #31 or maybe including Wright). But i also dont think the teams ahead of us are looking to move down. Most of them have multiple picks themselves and/or have really young roster.

The names i think the Mavs gladly take if one of them falls until #18:
Maxey (99.9% sure he isnt there at #18)
Poku
Vassell
Nesmith
Green
Hampton

Not sure with Jaden Daniels and his "issues". Talentwise for sure probably the BPA at #18

But solid chances they are all gone before #18. Except Poku i dont think they go big...if they dont think someone else has incredible potential and is going to be a steal. But i dont see anyone.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-24-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

Ah and if Donnie also gets serious Siakam vibes from Amar Sylla then im totally fine taking him at #18. Because either Celtics (#26 and #29 additional) or Raptors are going to take him, so no chance that he is still there at #31

Yeah we are allready in win now modus but we have a pretty deep roster under contract, so im fine with a high upside gamble in Sylla or Poku at #18 and give them a year in the G league. Or even two.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-25-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:41 PM   #36
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA has postponed the draft lottery and combine, sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #37
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah this draft is going to be interesting to review in a few years. Its considered a weak draft and now add to this the missing last months of the season and probably no workouts etc.

A lot of the players i think would be a classic Mavs target are mocked around late lottery, so i wouldnt be surprised if they try to move up (with #31 or maybe including Wright). But i also dont think the teams ahead of us are looking to move down. Most of them have multiple picks themselves and/or have really young roster.

The names i think the Mavs gladly take if one of them falls until #18:
Maxey (99.9% sure he isnt there at #18)
Poku
Vassell
Nesmith
Green
Hampton

Not sure with Jaden Daniels and his "issues". Talentwise for sure probably the BPA at #18

But solid chances they are all gone before #18. Except Poku i dont think they go big...if they dont think someone else has incredible potential and is going to be a steal. But i dont see anyone.
I can't see the Mavs passing on Aleksej Pokusevski if he is there at 18 unless Vassell is somehow on the board. The kid just has too much unique skill and talent for Donnie to pass on. A 7 footer with unlimited range that can handle the ball like a guard would be hard to pass on at 18. Way too thin and will take a few years to develop but the upside of that kid is unlimited.
Honestly he reminds me of a 7ft Ginobli.

If Vassell is there though, he'd be the no-brainer.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-31-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #38
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Tankathon now has Josh Green mocked to the Mavs at 18

Amar Sylla is not listed at all - is he in the draft still? Pogo stick but will get pushed around

Poku listed down at #28 - he seems like a huge project. Has skills but do we need another 7 footer of this sort?

saddiq bey was our mock at one point - he's mocked at #13 now.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #39
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Tankathon now has Josh Green mocked to the Mavs at 18

Amar Sylla is not listed at all - is he in the draft still? Pogo stick but will get pushed around

Poku listed down at #28 - he seems like a huge project. Has skills but do we need another 7 footer of this sort?

saddiq bey was our mock at one point - he's mocked at #13 now.
I liked Green for us earlier in the year but his limited shooting ability is concerning in a Carlisle offense.

Bey would be a decent fit but rebounding is a weakness and that is something we'd definitely need at the position he'd play. Plus he's kind of a high floor/low ceiling type of player so a role position is probably the limit for him.
The mid-range part of this draft is where the bargains will be and I just think there are too many others in that range who could become solid starter-caliber players with much higher upsides than Bey.

Poku is very intriguing to me because he is just too skilled at his height to pass on. He does seem to be moving down now after moving up a month or so ago in mock drafts. The fact we aren't exactly in "win-now" mode makes some sense for this team not to mention he is a Donnie type pick.

Paul Reed is someone I'd definitely like for us to consider at 31 because he could possibly fill a need at PF next to KP. A decent athletic big wing who is an outstanding 1-on-1 defender and a decent shot-blocker and rebounder. Needs to work on his shot to become a regular on this team but could really fit a need if the Mavs could get that shot fixed. Could be one of the best defenders in this draft and become the best on our team. Kind of an Aminu type but with more upside imo.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-13-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Green is the perfect starter kit for us.

Physical, disruptive, adaptable. Smart. Willing to create and pass. Isn't ball-dominant. Can guard 2-4. Can occasionally hit a three.

That's what you want next to Doncic.