Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-10-2020, 08:40 PM   #321
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I just went back and rewatched him some. He does have really nice handles for a guy his size. And excellent court vision. The shooting looks like it could improve. He has pretty consistent mechanics and squares up nicely. Could work with it an tweak slightly and I think he could be a decent shooter. Defensively he’s pretty stiff and upright. He needs like two years of hardcore core and lower/upper body work before he even sees an NBA floor. I’d say 3yrs before he can begin to defend/rebound on an NBA court. Or finish through contact. He’d need a thick old fashioned PF like Millsap nest to him. I could see him turning in to a better passing, less rebound and defense and shooting Porter. Or he could Jonathan Bender.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #322
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Regarding Poku: is his ceiling really that high? Maybe relative to the other guys in this draft. But he’s not an amazing athlete, can’t shoot, bad body for now. He can handle the ball for a big guy. I just don’t see the appeal. Maybe I’m missing something.
First off, I’m not a Poku guy. I wouldn’t draft him.

But, when you watch video of him, it’s easy to see what has NBA teams intrigued. “He can handle the ball for a big guy” doesn’t do him justice. People like to say that guys like Dirk could handle the ball like a guard, but really, that’s pretty far from true. This guy is actually a legit 7 foot ball handler. Like, he could actually initiate your offense. Great, great handle. Really good passer. He doesn’t move or run awkwardly, like most 7 footers do when not around the basket. Very fluid.

Knowing that he’s a 7 foot point forward, his body doesn’t scare me as much as it scares people assuming he’s going to play the 4 or the 5, because he’s a perimeter player, for sure. For me, the problem is that he doesn’t seem to be a very good outside shooter. He takes a lot of them, and off the dribble, no less. But, the percentages just aren’t great. Plus, we’ve never seen him against a good level of competition.

But again, look how Luka’s above average size adds to his level of effectiveness as the main initiator of the offense, and then realize this guy in 7’ tall. That is what the fuss is all about.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-10-2020 at 08:45 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #323
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I think the teams who like him see him as a WING, not a BIG. Like, closer to Luka’s game than KP’s...though he won’t ever become half as good as either, probably. But, in those videos of him that have been circulating for the past few months, he is definitely playing the three hand handling the ball for his team.
You’re hiding him on defense for years though. He’s long but would get bodied underneath. And he would get blown by by 3 and 4s. You’d have to be super patient and wait 4 years for him to be a rotation player I think.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #324
mac222b
Diamond Member

Poku is perfect for a team like OKC or Portland that likes to swing big for upside in the draft or of course Boston with multiple picks. Someone will be smitten with him, for sure. I can see now after rewatching what the fuss is about. And I’m a BPA guy all the way. But it’s a big leap and a lot of patience required.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:51 PM   #325
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I agree, it’s a pick for a starless team, and will take a serious investment to pay off.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #326
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody here saw or knows enough about Poku to really Rate him.

With the past years the FO earned my trust, specially regarding Europe (Maxi, Luka). If they are high on Poku, then im fine with it

Last edited by sefant77; 11-11-2020 at 01:58 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:48 PM   #327
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Nobody here saw or knows enough about Poku to really Rate him.

With the past years the FO earned my trust, specially regarding Europe (Maxi, Luka). They they are high on Poku, then im fine with it
He is a Donnie type of guy, but he really makes no sense for the current roster. Mavs are win now, and there are always talented Euro guys you can draft and stash or find undrafted.

I just can't get past that frame. This isn't Luka being slow footed kinda red flag. He literally doesn't have the strength right now to even get on the court, and not all body types can just add weight.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:10 PM   #328
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

People said many of the same things about Kevin Durant body as they do Poku. He's been a rail his whole career.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:22 PM   #329
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
People said many of the same things about Kevin Durant body as they do Poku. He's been a rail his whole career.
LOL, I was trying to think of a comparison earlier, and as ludicrous as it might sound, that’s a pretty good one. He is like a taller Kevin Durant with better handles, but without the shooting stroke.

Imagine if Kevin Durant was coming into the league right now, only he was doing all of that behind the back, side dribble into a three point shot stuff that is required these days. And he was 7 feet tall. That is Poku.

I still don’t see any possible way the Mavs are interested. And, the fact that there is so much speculation linking them makes me feel even more confident that he’s not their guy.

To be completely honest, if I had to bet money right now I would put it on a draft night trade that takes number 18 out of the equation completely.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-10-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:35 PM   #330
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I like Poku because although he could completely bust, he has the potential to be really good

And he would be a good trade asset. With the weird year next year, most rookies will still be mostly potential since they won't be able to develop as normal. So a guy like Poku will be a great lottery ticket to throw into a trade after next season
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:55 PM   #331
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL, I was trying to think of a comparison earlier, and as ludicrous as it might sound, that’s a pretty good one. He is like a taller Kevin Durant with better handles, but without the shooting stroke.

Imagine if Kevin Durant was coming into the league right now, only he was doing all of that behind the back, side dribble into a three point shot stuff that is required these days. And he was 7 feet tall. That is Poku.

I still don’t see any possible way the Mavs are interested. And, the fact that there is so much speculation linking them makes me feel even more confident that he’s not their guy.

To be completely honest, if I had to bet money right now I would put it on a draft night trade that takes number 18 out of the equation completely.
If they really wanted him I still don't think they could justify using 18 for him. Maybe picking a lower risk guy Bey ,Bane for example at 18 and moving up the 31 pick or just trading down the 18th?

KD is a stretch obviously but the same things were said about his body and he put in the work and proved everyone wrong.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-11-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #332
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If Poku is the next coming of KD he wouldn’t make it to 18. The reason he will at least make it to the teens is because he doesn’t have nearly the agility or lateral quickness that Kevin Durant had coming out of UT. KD was always going to be able guard wings. Poku can’t guard anyone.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #333
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If Poku is the next coming of KD he wouldn’t make it to 18. The reason he will at least make it to the teens is because he doesn’t have nearly the agility or lateral quickness that Kevin Durant had coming out of UT. KD was always going to be able guard wings. Poku can’t guard anyone.
Agreed! I'm just trying to find a comparison that helps people understand what he is. He's not a skilled big, he's a BIG ASS WING.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #334
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

https://theboxand1.weebly.com/

Someone posted this site's mock draft/big board earlier - what a great site with lots of info and analysis

Below is a vid with their breakdown of the SW division
he's got the Mavs considering Precious and Maxey

https://youtu.be/8-xsopMjaJw?t=770
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #335
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
https://theboxand1.weebly.com/

Someone posted this site's mock draft/big board earlier - what a great site with lots of info and analysis

Below is a vid with their breakdown of the SW division
he's got the Mavs considering Precious and Maxey

https://youtu.be/8-xsopMjaJw?t=770
It looks like he has us picking Stewart and has Precious gone by us. I'm confused. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YCzTSOPc8

Stewart is an interesting pick for us with so many bigs and Rick not playing Powell because of his lack of 3pt range.

I love a guy with a lot of heart, hustle, and drive. I don't know how likely he is to get major PT with his inability to shoot a jumper.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-11-2020 at 11:33 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #336
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It looks like he has us picking Stewart and has Precious gone by us. I'm confused. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YCzTSOPc8

Stewart is an interesting pick for us with so many bigs and Rick not playing Powell because of his lack of 3pt range.

I love a guy with a lot of heart, hustle, and drive. I don't know how likely he is to get major PT with his inability to shoot a jumper.
Rick not playing Powell because of his 3pt shooting? I feel like Powell got too much PT in the face of that. 27 Mpg, All season long people were calling for WCS or Bobi...anyone else.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:29 PM   #337
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Rick not playing Powell because of his 3pt shooting? I feel like Powell got too much PT in the face of that. 27 Mpg, All season long people were calling for WCS or Bobi...anyone else.
Powell had to move from PF to C because he couldn't shoot the 3. Stewart is in the same boat so he'd have to compete for minutes with KP, Boban, Kleber, and WCS

I think Rick could find a place for Stewart next to KP with KP stretching the floor and Stewart down low, but if KP is injured, Rick will not play Stewart with Powell or Boban.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-11-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #338
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Powell had to move from PF to C because he couldn't shoot the 3. Stewart is in the same boat so he'd have to compete for minutes with KP, Boban, Kleber, and WCS

I think Rick could find a place for Stewart next to KP with KP stretching the floor and Stewart down low, but if KP is injured, Rick will not play Stewart with Powell or Boban.
ah, gotcha.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:20 PM   #339
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Interesting outside-the-box take on the draft from a guy who's watched the prospects closely.

https://theboxand1.weebly.com/draft-...ig-board-tiers
Interesting where he has Melo Ball at......while I actually agree with a lot he's saying...hard to say he's not a top prospect in this draft though.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #340
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:

ah - i think the video you linked is more recent than the one i did.
he just put out version 4 video so maybe there will be some further updates.

the buzz around tyrell terry is fascinating... part of me is screaming NOOOOOO but part of me is very very intrigued.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:04 PM   #341
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
ah - i think the video you linked is more recent than the one i did.
he just put out version 4 video so maybe there will be some further updates.

the buzz around tyrell terry is fascinating... part of me is screaming NOOOOOO but part of me is very very intrigued.
Terry just looks like a natural born shooter to me. His stroke reminds me of Mark Price. No wasted motion.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:46 AM   #342
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

6 days
Old 11-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #343
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Terry just looks like a natural born shooter to me. His stroke reminds me of Mark Price. No wasted motion.
https://www.theringer.com/2020/11/9/...-draft-lottery

yeah the shooting is huge
what a great fit on offense as a lights out shooter and secondary playmaker.

but it's impressive that he's put on weight and added strength as well. does he have he chops to compete and not be a liability on defense? does his offensive game outweigh those limitations?
Old 11-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #344
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

From most historically accurate to least

Draftexpress/ESPN - S. Bey/ Azubuike
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-latest-intel

Ringer - Green (updated 11/14
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

Bleacher report - Bolmero / N/A
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

USA Today - Hampton/
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...nd/5280504002/

SBNation - Nesmith/ NA
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...warriors-bulls

Sports Illustrated - Hampton/ T.Bey
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/21/nb...es-win-lottery

Nbadraft.net - Terry/ Oturu updated 10/19
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/tyrell-terry/
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/daniel-oturu/

CBS Sports (Boone) - Hampton / NA Updated
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft/

CBS Sports (Parrish) - Maxey / NA

Yahoo Sports - Green
https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-mo...132728170.html

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-12-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #345
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
From most historically accurate to least

Draftexpress/ESPN - S. Bey/ Azubuike
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-latest-intel

Ringer - Green (updated 11/14
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

Bleacher report - Bolmero / N/A
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

USA Today - Hampton/
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...nd/5280504002/

SBNation - Nesmith/ NA
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...warriors-bulls

Sports Illustrated - Hampton/ T.Bey
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/21/nb...es-win-lottery

Nbadraft.net - Terry/ Oturu updated 10/19
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/tyrell-terry/
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/daniel-oturu/

CBS Sports (Boone) - Hampton / NA Updated

CBS Sports (Parrish) - Maxey / NA

Yahoo Sports - Green
https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-mo...132728170.html
Man, I feel like we can’t really go wrong, per se, at 18. I like Bolmaro the least of those guys listed but I see them all as cheap rotation guys or trade bait. Maxey could be really good and he’s the kind of guy with upside the teams will trade for. Hampton same. All Green needs not to be a bust is the knock down 3’s around 35% or more. He profiles as a good defender. Terry and Nesmith have an elite skill. Sadiq worst case is good 3-D small ball Center like JayMichael Green. Those guys have value even if they aren’t great players.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-12-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #346
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching a lot of Cole Anthony film and man he looks good. He's also been working out with Tim Hardaway Jr. in Miami. May be a sneaky pick for us if he's there at #18 (but I don't think he will be.... in fact I think he might go ahead of Haliburton and Hayes).
Old 11-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #347
KillerLeft

Quote:
I've been watching a lot of Cole Anthony film and man he looks good. He's also been working out with Tim Hardaway Jr. in Miami. May be a sneaky pick for us if he's there at #18 (but I don't think he will be.... in fact I think he might go ahead of Haliburton and Hayes).
He might go ahead of Hayes. I'd be SHOCKED if he went before Haliburton, who is seems to be the flavor of the week (good week to be that).
Old 11-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #348
KillerLeft

@tap How do you feel about Terry?
Old 11-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #349
Scoobay
Golden Member

https://youtu.be/YgAXd3K9Rv4?t=603

this mock has us taking Cole Anthony at 18 and Tyler Bey at 31

(https://youtu.be/YgAXd3K9Rv4?t=712)
Old 11-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #350
Scoobay
Golden Member

Adam Spinella's last mock

https://youtu.be/Z0Ob9i8VI80?t=219

Tyrell Terry with #18

https://youtu.be/Z0Ob9i8VI80?t=1069

Xavier Tillman with #31
Old 11-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #351
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I think this is going to be one of those drafts where the best player taken will be later on in the draft. I sure hope its to us.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:48 PM   #352
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
@tap How do you feel about Terry?
I like him! He’s smart, decisive, a bit underrated running the pick and roll and getting to the basket. He won’t ever be the defender or off-the-bounce player that Anthony is, but long term he could potentially be better. I do think he’ll take more time than the other one-and-done guards Maxey and Anthony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think this is going to be one of those drafts where the best player taken will be later on in the draft. I sure hope its to us.
Completely agree. The best guy in the draft could easily fall to the teens or 20s.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #353
KillerLeft

I think I've decided that Terry will be the best SHOOTER in this draft, not Nesmith. Sticking my neck out on that.

Not saying that makes him the perfect target, but we KNOW that skill translates into NBA minutes. Anytime you pick a player who ends up consistently playing rotation minutes in the league, that's a victory on some level.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:03 PM   #354
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I like him! He’s smart, decisive, a bit underrated running the pick and roll and getting to the basket. He won’t ever be the defender or off-the-bounce player that Anthony is, but long term he could potentially be better. I do think he’ll take more time than the other one-and-done guards Maxey and Anthony.

Completely agree. The best guy in the draft could easily fall to the teens or 20s.
Yeah man it seems like this happens a lot in these type of drafts where it doesn't seem to be top heavy.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:04 PM   #355
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think I've decided that Terry will be the best SHOOTER in this draft, not Nesmith. Sticking my neck out on that.

Not saying that makes him the perfect target, but we KNOW that skill translates into NBA minutes. Anytime you pick a player who ends up consistently playing rotation minutes in the league, that's a victory on some level.
I don't know man there's also Jimmy Fredette.
Old 11-13-2020, 11:43 PM   #356
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I don't know man there's also Jimmy Fredette.
Yeah, Mavs have had some pretty damn good shooters that couldn’t get much PT. Jenkins, Ellington and Broekoff come to mind.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #357
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Feels like there are zero rumours who the Mavs like in the draft etc. Just the rumours that they are trying to move up...

I think they are really high on a guy and everyone shuts up about it. And i really think its Poku and they are worried about Boston at #14...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:04 AM   #358
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Feels like there are zero rumours who the Mavs like in the draft etc. Just the rumours that they are trying to move up...

I think they are really high on a guy and everyone shuts up about it. And i really think its Poku and they are worried about Boston at #14...

I hope to god Boston takes him.

I think the lack of information is pretty typical of the Mavs (except the year they were trying to lure the Knicks into taking Ntlikina over DSJ). For example, none of us had any clue we were going to make the move for Luka.

I agree that the Mavericks have a player or trade in mind already. I don’t know why but my gut is telling me it’s one of the guards: Bane, Terry, Anthony, or Maxey. Probably wishful thinking.

Last edited by tap2390; 11-14-2020 at 09:07 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #359
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I've gotten to where the only guy I want to trade up for is Vassell. I'm fine sitting there and taking whoever falls but the only one I want to move up for is Vassell.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #360
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I've gotten to where the only guy I want to trade up for is Vassell. I'm fine sitting there and taking whoever falls but the only one I want to move up for is Vassell.

Agree. Vassell is a game changing defender. I would give up 18 + 31 + DFS or Curry or Maxi for him.