Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #361
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I hope to god Boston takes him.

I think the lack of information is pretty typical of the Mavs (except the year they were trying to lure the Knicks into taking Ntlikina over DSJ). For example, none of us had any clue we were going to make the move for Luka.

I agree that the Mavericks have a player or trade in mind already. I don’t know why but my gut is telling me it’s one of the guards: Bane, Terry, Anthony, or Maxey. Probably wishful thinking.
Ah that the Mavs wanted Luka and also take him at #1 winning the lottery was well known.

There were no rumours before the draft because everyone thought the Luka dream is dead
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2020, 10:59 AM   #362
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Ah that the Mavs wanted Luka and also take him at #1 winning the lottery was well known.

There were no rumours before the draft because everyone thought the Luka dream is dead

I don't disagree that it was known the Mavs were interested in Luka. My point is no one had any clue we were aggressively looking to move up until it happened.

Last edited by tap2390; 11-14-2020 at 10:59 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #363
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I've gotten to where the only guy I want to trade up for is Vassell. I'm fine sitting there and taking whoever falls but the only one I want to move up for is Vassell.
Been thinking that all along.

I think he is the guy the Mavs would move up for because he is the perfect fit for our situation and system and would probably develop quickly playing with Luka and for Rick.
And it makes a lot of sense for the Mavs to package the two picks to move up if there is a guy on their radar because we have limited roster space. Vassell would also give the Mavs more flexibility in FA because he'd fill one of their few major needs and his rookie contract wouldn't impact our cap space that much.

Not sure we have the assets to move up that high though because I've seen him as high as 7 in some mock drafts.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-14-2020 at 04:27 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:37 PM   #364
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nobody here saw or knows enough about Poku to really Rate him.

With the past years the FO earned my trust, specially regarding Europe (Maxi, Luka). If they are high on Poku, then im fine with it
I'll give them props for Luka but it wasn't like if they passed up on him nobody else was going to take him. As a matter of fact them hitting on Luka is why I'd be reluctant to put trust into them.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #365
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

So, I am SURE the Mavs are aware of Pokusevski, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they liked him. But, what I can't get around in my head is the fact that he's going to take TIME, either staying in Europe, or playing lots and lots of developmental minutes that will lead to losing games in the NBA.

Someone is going to pick the guy, and maybe higher than we think. The idea of a 7' tall POINT FORWARD is intriguing (understatement), but unless he's a stash in Europe (for cap purposes) I just can't see a team who considers themselves a playoff team snagging him. They want players who are ready to contribute. Like, if there's a a question as to whether in the SHORT TERM, his roster spot might be better used on Courtney Lee, that's probably not a good Mavs pick.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #366
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
So, I am SURE the Mavs are aware of Pokusevski, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they liked him. But, what I can't get around in my head is the fact that he's going to take TIME, either staying in Europe, or playing lots and lots of developmental minutes that will lead to losing games in the NBA.

Someone is going to pick the guy, and maybe higher than we think. The idea of a 7' tall POINT FORWARD is intriguing (understatement), but unless he's a stash in Europe (for cap purposes) I just can't see a team who considers themselves a playoff team snagging him. They want players who are ready to contribute. Like, if there's a a question as to whether in the SHORT TERM, his roster spot might be better used on Courtney Lee, that's probably not a good Mavs pick.
In a normal draft, Pok would drop to the top of the second round and would be a perfect use of the 31 pick. Super high-risk high-reward guy who you grab rights to and then send back overseas for 2-3 seasons.

There are just a lot of teams swinging hard at home runs when there are plenty of singles/doubles to make a baseball analogy. Someone is going to snap him up 19-25 sadly.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-15-2020 at 01:20 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:31 PM   #367
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And i really think its Poku and they are worried about Boston at #14...
I can't imagine Boston keeping TWO extreme projects on the roster - they already have Tacko Fall

And from what I've read, Poku doesn't want to be stashed
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #368
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Poku doesnt want to be stashed and it also makes sense to put him immediatly on an NBA strength program

I also like Poku as pick because the second he shows true potential he also is a great trade chip for unhappy allstar XY

And Poku is by far no Tacko Fall

Last edited by sefant77; 11-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #369
sefant77
Guru

Passing, court vision, shooting...its all there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXFjuG5BJvA
Old 11-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #370
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

So, the rumor is that he has a 1st round promise from some team. That might be why he's not working out for anyone. OKC likes him and is known to make those kind of promises. That's my prediction for him. Whether it's at #25 or if they think they'll have to trade up for him (#18?) I can't say.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #371
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, the rumor is that he has a 1st round promise from some team. That might be why he's not working out for anyone. OKC likes him and is known to make those kind of promises. That's my prediction for him. Whether it's at #25 or if they think they'll have to trade up for him (#18?) I can't say.
That's a strong move for OKC. They know they're 1-2 years out. Might as well swing for the fences, blow it up this year and pair Poku with a star from next year's draft.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:57 PM   #372
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah Poku doesnt want to be stashed and it also makes sense to put him immediatly on an NBA strength program

I also like Poku as pick because the second he shows true potential he also is a great trade chip for unhappy allstar XY

And Poku is by far no Tacko Fall
The biggest knock on Poku is his thin frame but I just don't seeing it being that big of a deal with his skillset. I just don't ever seeing him playing much down low but see him playing more of a Chandler Parsons role in the NBA.
Now his thin frame could make him injury prone, and that could be a problem, but I don't see his frame limiting his ability to play in the NBA as much as some people think and I don't see any reason why he'd have to be stashed overseas. I think the dude could contribute this season.

I'm probably alone here but I'd be ecstatic if we pick Poku. Still think he's the best player outside the lotto.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-15-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #373
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
The biggest knock on Poku is his thin frame
Well, there's that. And FWIW, I agree that it's being overblown, but it's not insignificant, either. I mean, half of why Luka has been so successful to this point is his strength, really. Even a perimeter player needs to be able to play through contact.

But, that's not the BIGGEST knock, imo. He plays in a really poor league. NOTHING like Luka and KP's path. He's BEHIND college players in experience, not ahead of them. I've seen footage of several different games that look like they're taking place in the Greek equivalent of a YMCA. No fans, no competition.

It's cool to be intrigued by the guy - I am, too. But I'd be careful with hoping he's a day one contributor. I highly, highly doubt that.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-15-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #374
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, there's that. And FWIW, I agree that it's being overblown, but it's not insignificant, either. I mean, half of why Luka has been so successful to this point is his strength, really. Even a perimeter player needs to be able to play through contact.

But, that's the BIGGEST knock, imo. He plays in a really poor league. NOTHING like Luka and KP's path. He's BEHIND college players in experience, not ahead of them. I've seen footage of several different games that look like they're taking place in the Greek equivalent of a YMCA. No fans, no competition.

It's cool to be intrigued by the guy - I am, too. But I'd be careful with hoping he's a day one contributor. I highly, highly doubt that.
I agree 100%. These highlights don't look anything like Luka's. Honestly it reminds me of Lamelo Ball's highlights when he played in his dad's BBB league. Hell it might even be worse competition than that was.

His ceiling looks like that of a 7th or 8th man off the bench guy. I'm not scout just my opinion but yeah I'm not seeing it at all. I think at the 18th pick this team would do better with a 3 and D guy.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #375
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Vecenie 2020 NBA Draft Guide

Password
nbaDr@ft2020

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uplo...ft-Guide-1.pdf
Old 11-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #376
KarlieBoe

KarlieBoe is on a distinguished road

He's not just thin, the guy weighs 195 pounds. There are high school athletes a foot shorter than him with more weight. I have also seen several clips of him being pretty sloppy with his ball handling...

That being said, I don't want to knock the guy, he clearly has potential. I wonder if any statistic wizards have tried to translate his stats in relation to more competitive leagues.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #377
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Gimme Mason Jones if he falls to 31
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:58 PM   #378
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ringer’s last mock has us taking Poku and maybe keeping or maybe trading for some lower picks
Old 11-18-2020, 04:01 AM   #379
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Ringer’s last mock has us taking Poku and maybe keeping or maybe trading for some lower picks
Yep, look for us to select Poku for OKC and we get 25 in some kind of deal to net Green.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:45 AM   #380
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, look for us to select Poku for OKC and we get 25 in some kind of deal to net Green.
I hate this idea. There is a huge drop off in this draft between 18 and 25. At 18 you’re looking at someone like Cole Anthony, Tyrese Maxey, Desmond Bane, Kira Lewis, Tyrell Terry, etc.

Your absolute best bet at 25 is Desmond Bane but more realistically Grant Riller.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:43 AM   #381
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If we can get Bane at 25, then I’m 100% in on Poku at 18 and getting some value
Old 11-18-2020, 10:09 AM   #382
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

ESPN Sources: The New York Knicks are moving up in Wednesday’s NBA Draft, acquiring the Utah Jazz’s pick at No. 23 for the 27th and 38th picks tonight. Knicks are now picking at Nos. 8 and No. 23.

That’s the price for moving up
Old 11-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #383
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's hope it's more of Gali/Oubre/Rubio type of move versus Green. I really can't fathom anyone giving up assets for Danny f'in Green.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-18-2020 at 10:31 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #384
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Let's hope it's more of Gali/Oubre/Rubio type of move versus Green. I really can't fathom anyone giving up assets for Danny f'in Green.
Danny fn Green.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #385
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Green has fallen a long way since Toronto. He was a premier vet who could defend and hit the three.

Lakers' defense did not help his reputation as a defender as he was really underused. His shooting also really fell.

I don't think he's terrible. I still think he could be a nice fit. He just can't be the only thing we do this summer if we want a successful summer.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #386
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Danny Fn Green is still a passable player. He had a bad bubble and playoffs I think. His shooting was down. Just hope we don’t give anything of value for him, it’s a deep draft.

Only Green I want here is Josh. I kind of like him as our pick. He’s like a young Danny Green with turbo jets attached.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-18-2020 at 01:25 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #387
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Top 3 most reliable draft sources

1) ESPN - Green/Woodard II (Bane at 25)
2) Ringer - Pok
3) Bleacher - Pok/Bolmaro

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-18-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:36 PM   #388
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Danny Fn Green is still a passable player. He had a bad bubble and playoffs I think. His shooting was down. Just hope we don’t give anything of value for him, it’s a deep draft.

Only Green I want here is Josh. I kind of like him as our pick. He’s like a young Danny Green with turbo jets attached.
Man its kind of gone unnoticed but if you look back to his years even with San Antonio...that guy has some dreadful shooting nights in the playoffs. Danny Green was the worst player on the court most nights in the playoffs.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #389
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Man its kind of gone unnoticed but if you look back to his years even with San Antonio...that guy has some dreadful shooting nights in the playoffs. Danny Green was the worst player on the court most nights in the playoffs.
Can't speak to the San Antonio years from memory, but I'll co-sign the part about the bubble. He was BAD in this year's playoffs.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #390
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Can't speak to the San Antonio years from memory, but I'll co-sign the part about the bubble. He was BAD in this year's playoffs.
He's been bad. He's a spot up shooter shooting mid 30's.....he wasn't even playing defense in the playoffs I really hope the Mavs are not looking at him. They can literally do better with someone in the draft.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 11-18-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #391
MFFL
Guru

No Danny Green!

Going to the 76ers
Old 11-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #392
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
No Danny Green!

Going to the 76ers
Thank goodness!
I still think there’s a decent chance we pick Poku for OKC and now it is probably Gallenari that we’re targeting.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:46 PM   #393
tap2390
Diamond Member

OKC has more picks than I can keep track of. Their asset management has been top notch. I’d be thrilled to be an OKC fan.

Last edited by tap2390; 11-18-2020 at 07:47 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:40 PM   #394
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
OKC has more picks than I can keep track of. Their asset management has been top notch. I’d be thrilled to be an OKC fan.
The bad thing about them is they are only getting draft picks from good teams.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #395
sefant77
Guru

Wondering if the Mavs trying to move into to steal Deni
Old 11-18-2020, 08:56 PM   #396
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Wondering if the Mavs trying to move into to steal Deni
Gone to Washington. Does not mean that there can't be a trade to the Mavs, it would just have to wait until our pick
Old 11-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #397
tap2390
Diamond Member

I knew Okoro was going to go pretty high. He’s a good fit in ATL (not great because they still lack spacing around Trae).
Old 11-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #398
tap2390
Diamond Member

Edwards is going to bust... calling it now.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:59 PM   #399
sefant77
Guru

Crap...Minny and OKC talking around Rubio for #17...they would take Poku...
Old 11-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #400
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Crap...Minny and OKC talking around Rubio for #17...they would take Poku...
Supposedly according the Athletic, the deal is done