Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-24-2002, 04:18 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... After posting the following thread on Kingsfans.com, the moderator removed the thread and threatened me with the following post... Evidently Kings fans are incapable of appreciating a little friendly arguement...

Original Thread, titled "One of the Greatest Teams ever assembled"?
“ I think that, with (Keon Clark and Mike Bibby's additions), we have one of the greatest teams ever assembled. I do. I think we could win 65 games, don't you? ”
Coowner Joe Maloof

... I guess signing skinny, journeyman forwards and overrated 13 ppg, 5 apg point guards to salary cap crippling contracts ($80 million for Bibby) buys you delusions of grandeur...

Private Message Moderator Threat
Vladefan21 wrote on 08-24-2002 10:09 PM:
Come here to talk hoops and you'll do fine. Come here just to troll or cause problems, and you won't be here long...

Evilmav PM Reply
Hey, I don't attack other boards or fans... I have also been a member of this board for quite a while- going back to the sachoops days and I have never done anything malicious or argued about anything in a destructive way- even during our playoff pairing last Spring. My little brother, who uses the moniker Mavinator, has also contributed to this board. If a good natured post, poking fun at an amusing Maloof brother statement about the Kings being "one of the greatest teams ever" constitutes grounds for moderator threats than y'all have thinner skins than I would have thought. **** *****.[/i]
Old 08-24-2002, 04:50 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Vladefan21

Your attempt at humor was totally unfriendly. Your comment about our "thin skins" was unnecessary. I do appreciate a little friendly argument. Your post was an out and out insult. There are already threads which are talking about Joe Maloof and his comments. You could have chosen one of them.

I have no problems with Mavinator. He posts regularly and does nothing to cause problems or create ill will. I cannot say the same of you. I normally would not address this issue on the board, but since you prefer it to PM, so be it.

Sorry, but I find you to be nothing more than a troll, and one who likes to antagonize...

I guess they don't like me as much as my little brother...

Old 08-24-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone who bitches about this board, sounds like you can go over there and be censored by the thought police if you don't like good ol d-m.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 05:31 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd tell him to go pack sand up his ass and be done with it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 05:52 PM   #5
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Edit
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:17 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like cc.net is getting into the banning craze. This is probably of the few things that makes me glad we "only" have 600+ members.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:24 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

You know the moderator is getting serious when they resort calling you a "Troll"... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2002, 10:29 PM   #8
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Oh Heck Joke em' if they can't take a f.......

You Know EM2...the more I read your posts I am beginning to feel brain washed.....something about some unlight oversized person not being asleep but want's to eat or something....

44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44 44

B R A D L E Y

HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 10:15 AM   #9
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I had a similar experience on cc.net evilmav and was kicked out.

The ridiculous and prejudice rule of the ignorant moderator:

"If you are a fan of another team and do not agree with what is generaly being said, you are considered a troll."

Luckily our moderators here are above this and a little more tolerant of free speech.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:01 AM   #10
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

<< do not agree with what is generaly being said, you are considered a troll.&quot;

Luckily our moderators here are above this and a little more tolerant of free speech.

>>

Disagree
Old 08-27-2002, 01:33 AM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Hahaha... It has been a while since I've been banned anywhere... Probably since the old NBATalk got mad at me for getting after laker fans...
Old 08-27-2002, 09:20 AM   #12
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Disagree >>

Care to elaborate or just leave it at that?
Old 08-27-2002, 09:56 AM   #13
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Don´t go there Nellie.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:01 AM   #14
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Don´t go there Nellie. >>

Which is exactly my point. Don't bitch about Murph and Mavinator getting booted for practicing free speech when you won't.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a little free speech for you, Kat:

Get the F over it, already.

Murph was suspended for a year's worth of intermittent conduct detrimental to the continuing success of the board in the opinion of the board's OWNER.

I wouldn't have done it, but it's not my board. I've been reading the board since it was a week old, I've been posting almost as long. I saw all of this detrimental conduct first hand, and I understand why DJ felt it warranted a banning.

This conduct included subversive maneuvers in threatening to stage numerous walk-outs, sometimes intimidating new members, and an over-inflated sense of self-importance. He thought he was bigger than the board. He still thinks he's bigger than the board. He thinks that if all of his cronies leave, that the board will &quot;collapse.&quot;

Well, guess what? This is not my board, I'm just a moderator. I'm not really here to make decisions like this. I'm here to keep JoeJoe's and Dirk77's from ruining everything, to make new members feel welcome, and to delete embarassing double, triple, and quadruple posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But I'm going to tell you my personal opinion.

Please, prove the all-mighty Murph right, and leave! Let the board &quot;crumble.&quot; If you cared half as much about the board as you claim to, you and the rest of the people who can't let this go would just let it go! But you won't. Let the board &quot;die.&quot; I don't give a shit. If you are here because of a person, and not because you want to talk sports, then go start www.murphy3.com and have a message board where you can just get your head all up his ass all day long, with no interference from all of us interested in talking about the Mavs!

Go on. All of you. Leave us here to die a slow, agonizing death, where we will actually be permitted to have fun and talk about basketball.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:22 AM   #16
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Amen Rhylan.

Ummm and Nellie, Mavinator wasn´t banned.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:23 AM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

He was banned somewhere else, right?

edit: ...and I wanna add to the Murph cronies comment. I guess I'm a Murph crony (ie?) in a sense, because I like talking sports with the guy. I agree with a lot of his sports opinions. I like how he makes fun of everybody. I like how BBL wants to punch him in the face.

.. so I'm a Murphy sympathizer, but I'm not leaving on account of it. It's not my problem he was a jerk one too many times. I don't see why it is any one of ya'lls problems either. Other than it was part of why Murphy liked to get people in his corner -- leverage against the membership of the board.

Smart? Yup. Political? Certainly. Was I smart enough to see it happening, when he would pal up with me and try to get me in his corner? Yup. It's just too bad not everyone else was.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:34 AM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

well said rhylan.

well said.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< He was banned somewhere else, right? >>

I think that was Evilmav. I just thought I´d start my own little campaign.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:00 PM   #20
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Ummm and Nellie, Mavinator wasn´t banned. >>

I wasn't sure, I just saw your signature and assumed you knew something I didn't.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:50 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

To the best of my knowledge my little brother Mavinator is actually free...
Old 09-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #22
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Very much so...
Old 09-03-2002, 06:47 AM   #23
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yeah of course he is. And now that he actually did post something I´m gonna change my sig.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:43 PM   #24
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for your concern Fidel.