Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-26-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monta Ellis

They shipped out his friend Jax for nothing, drafted Curry and now the rumors are coming in (latestly a trade for the expiring of Ray Allen).

BUT he plays a hell of a season. BUT Josh is an old Nellie player and expiring/team option

Core of the trade Ellis for Josh+Barea + Cash/pick.

You could add Radmanovic (1,5 years left) and ship Thomas/Ross/Singleton out.

You could add Magette and Warriors do it but thats Iggy/Brand all over. At least Maggette has 31/3 left, Brand 51/3. But i do this trade with Carroll but Warriors probably decline it demanding expirings (Gooden instead of Carroll).

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yj6s94u

Still see Cuban stepping away from Maggettes contract. But with Carroll dump its just 20mio more over 3 years.

And the big pipedream is Ellis+Biedrins, but i just dont see that happening. We have to see how we could sweet up the Ellis-Josh swap.

Main thing, there are a hell of a lot GOOD 2/3 guys availabe. It will be a major fail if we cant pull something off, specially when we reject trades waiting for 2010 and then we get nothing with the dust.

1) Iggy
2) Martin
3) Ellis
4) Butler
5) Rip (just with a Carroll dump).

Last edited by sefant77; 01-26-2010 at 03:00 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I saw the rumor Ellis for Ray Allen today and I had to check if that was a Vescey rumor. That's ridiculous. If you're going to trade for an expiring contract atleast get a 1st rounder from a potential lottery team. I understood getting rid of Jackson. It had to be done and plus he's in his 30's. Ellis is a beast and I don't believe he's even in his mid 20's yet.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 01-26-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they wont trade for just expiring.

But i see them trading Ellis with all that past and broken glas and Curry...

So maybe taking a contract (Radman, Maggette) and Nelson overvalueing Howard ("he gonna be old Howard soon") might work...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yes, they wont trade for just expiring.

But i see them trading Ellis with all that past and broken glas and Curry...

So maybe taking a contract (Radman, Maggette) and Nelson overvalueing Howard ("he gonna be old Howard soon") might work...
That could be intriguing to them. Taking on one of their bad contracts. I believe Maggette still has 2 or 3 years left on his contract correct?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is Maggette is playing the best ball of his career. they probaly aren't as hot to move him as they were a couple months ago
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

Oracle CEO Ellison is trying to buy the Warriors, hurry for Ellis