Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice
Default I'm Tired Of The Bullshit

The NFL is looking real bad right now. Last year it was the Aaron Hernandez murder situation, this year we have the Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Ray McDonald domestic abuse, Adrian Peterson child abuse, Josh Gordon weed situation and Wes Welker PEDs. after seeing those pictures of Adrian Peterson's son with those scars on his skin, I am disturbed. I understand disciplining your kid, but there is a limit, when you leave scars on someone's body, you are going too far. I can't remember the last time a sports league had so much off the court/field issues happening so frequent. Unfortunately in this world, rape, murder, abuse will always happen. I think sport leagues should come down harder on these players with their STUPID, INHUMANE actions. For example, if a player has been caught taking drugs, after the 3rd time, he or she should be banned from the league. If you want to be dumb enough to keep making the same BIG mistakes, even after you got a warning from the league, you should be banned and taught a valuable lesson. You can have all the talent and charisma in the world, but if you want to choose drugs, alcohol, etc over your career, then when your ass gets kicked out of the league, just deal with it. You made your bed, now lay in it. I believe Adrian Peterson should be suspended after those pictures came out. There is no excuse for taking things that far, there are different way to punish your kid. The whole point of punishing your kid is to let them learn from their mistakes, but YOU CAN'T get to the point of critically damaging them physically or emotionally.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure those are scars. Wounds may be the better term?

Lumping Peterson in with Hernandez and druggies is a bit much. Not sure it's inhumane to discipline your child, although I think Peterson admits it was too much (setting aside the spanking/no-spanking debate).

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you've ever been disciplined with a switch, you probably know that you don't really have to be hit all that hard to leave a mark like the one left on Peterson's child. With that being said, that's exactly why you should find an alternative form of punishment to the switch.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Jay, yeah it is not a good time for the NFL right now.

Regarding Peterson, the whole thing seems to have rekindled debates about whether "spanking" is an acceptable way to discipline kids. And one problem I have with this is that the facts of this case seem to make it a lousy springboard for that debate, because it is likely true that the majority of people who think spanking can be a reasonable discipline tool under certain circumstances still think Peterson went so far past a line that it doesn't even make sense to refer to what he did as spanking. Still, because Peterson grew up in Texas and now plays in Minnesota, you unfortunately get people saying, "Well, that may be ok in Texas, but not here."

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 09-17-2014 at 05:06 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me wonder if Gooddell can survive. NFL's had a rocky couple of years under his "leadership".

I'm not saying it's fair, but a lot of important people see that the NFL has a publicity problem and needs to refresh it's image and you need a new face to get a new image.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-17-2014 at 06:08 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I am on board with banning Reggie Bush for life and retroactively awarding his Heisman trophy to Vince Young as punishment.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote