Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #1
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bulls add Marshall after Jazz spurned him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

Chicago Bulls operations chief Jerry Krause and free agent forward Donyell Marshall were both spurned by the Utah Jazz on Thursday. So it should come as no surprise that they rushed into each other's arms on Friday.

Marshall

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Bulls and Marshall have come to terms on a contract. The Bulls used their full $4.5 mid-level exception to lure Marshall. The deal should be announced later Friday, according to sources.

The signing is a sudden reversal for both Marshall and the Bulls. The Jazz reportedly had a four-year, $27 million offer on the table for Marshall, but pulled the offer on Thursday and instead signed free agent forward Matt Harpring, who was hotly pursued by the Bulls, to a four-year, $18.5 million dollar deal.

Marshall averaged 14.8 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Jazz last season. His ability to play both forward positions appeals to the Bulls. Right now, the team has Eddie Robinson at small forward and Tyson Chandler at power forward, but both players are still very raw. Marshall's experience, rebounding and versatility were all considered good fits by the team.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

There goes another member of "The Crap Ass Crew"...
Old 08-16-2002, 02:50 PM   #3
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Don't forget to flush [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Uh oh! Marshall is carrying his stink to the Windy city. Are the people of Chicago prepared to witness the domination??!?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Uh oh! Marshall is carrying his stink to the Windy city. Are the people of Chicago prepared to witness the domination??!? >>

2001-2002

Marshal 14.8pts 7.6reb 1.7ast 1.6blk .86stl .519FG% .3103PT%

Lewis 16.8pts 7.0reb 1.7ast .56blk 1.46stl .468FG% .3893PT%

Old 08-16-2002, 03:49 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Marshall picked the Bulls over other teams because of the proximity to the midwest drug corridor. His crack prices will be lower.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:54 PM   #7
Nellie
Golden Member

Funny, I don't remember Marshall getting suspended for drugs in the NBA for, let me see...AT ALL.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:57 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Another borderline player signs.

yawn.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:58 PM   #9
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, Marshall was such a great player, the Jazz were falling all over themselves trying to re-sign him.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:01 PM   #10
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Yeah, Marshall was such a great player, the Jazz were falling all over themselves trying to re-sign him. >>

If we had Kirelinko, we wouldn't need Marshall either.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:04 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Maybe Mladen is Kirelinko in the making, who knows. By the way you think Kirelinko would make the MAvs the champs. I didn't think so, why would Marshall???
Old 08-16-2002, 04:10 PM   #12
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Another borderline player signs.

yawn.
>>

The numbers don't lie and we won't see either one of them here now. Get ready for Bryan Russell to play the 3.

Old 08-16-2002, 04:14 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Yeah, Marshall was such a great player, the Jazz were falling all over themselves trying to re-sign him. >>

That's a great observation - the Jazz were the 8th seed and thought he wouldn't be able to help THEM. Why would anyone think he could help the Mavs.

Besides, I don't want another spare from Utah. We had enough trouble getting rid of Eisley.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:15 PM   #14
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Maybe Mladen is Kirelinko in the making, who knows. By the way you think Kirelinko would make the MAvs the champs. I didn't think so, why would Marshall??? >>

When did I say anything about being champs?? You said that. Mladen might be Kirelinko, I don't know. If he is, then everything turns out alright. If he is not, we are stuck with a deteriorating Russell.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:20 PM   #15
Nellie
Golden Member

<<

That's a great observation - the Jazz were the 8th seed and thought he wouldn't be able to help THEM. Why would anyone think he could help the Mavs.

Besides, I don't want another spare from Utah. We had enough trouble getting rid of Eisley.
>>

Look, I am not making a case because I love Donyell Marshall. That's not it. My point is that in terms of production, he was not that far off from Lewis and would solidify the 3 spot just like Lewis. He may not have the upside Lewis has but we don't realy need it. We just need production at the 3 that can be got for the exception. One of those options is gone now because we were to obsessed with waiting on a guy who is 99% likely to tell us no. This time next year, we will still be looking for production at the 3.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:23 PM   #16
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

If you don't think the signing of Marshall would make the Mavs a championship team, then why are you whinning about not getting him.
Lewis will make the Mavs a championship team, and that's why they are waiting for him and no one else. He is the only player available that will improve the Mavs.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:24 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Funny, I don't remember Marshall getting suspended for drugs in the NBA for, let me see...AT ALL.

Funny, I just looked back and noone said shit about him ever being <u>suspended</u>.

madape - good call on the Jazz not resigning him...
Old 08-16-2002, 04:30 PM   #18
Nellie
Golden Member

<< If you don't think the signing of Marshall would make the Mavs a championship team, then why are you whinning about not getting him >>

I never said this either, stop making up stuff.

I'm not going to debate with you over your championship comment(maybe another time) but your comments mean nothing if Lewis signs with Seattle, which is almost a certainty.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:33 PM   #19
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Funny, I just looked back and noone said shit about him ever being <u>suspended</u>. >>

Then what was your point? That you think Marshall has drug problem but can't prove it?

Old 08-16-2002, 04:36 PM   #20
Just211
Platinum Member

I didn't say you said it would make Mavs the champs. What I'm saying is he won't, so why bother with him or anyonelse other than Lewis.

Some fans think the Mavs have to sign someone to get better, they don't. This team needs time to gel together. Lewis is the only player worth the risk of commiting to this off season.

The rest are total CRAP and belong on the Bulls and Jazz.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:45 PM   #21
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Some fans think the Mavs have to sign someone to get better, they don't. This team needs time to gel together. Lewis is the only player worth the risk of commiting to this off season >>

This definitely sums up what is going on in this thread right now. Difference of opinion, that's all.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I agree with u Nellie I dont think we were looking for a player to make us a championship team because I dont think Lewis is that player. I think we wer ejust trying to fill our void in for SF. Lee Nailon and Tyrone Nesby aRE still out there I wouldnt mind getting them both here for the exception splitting it. Marshall is another one of my favs I honestly didnt even have Lewis in my favs because I saw what he did in teh playoffs and wasnt impressed but all this take I hear I wanna bring him in here but I mean all this time is passing is making me wanna forget about LEwis becuase he is acting greety.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:50 PM   #23
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< If you don't think the signing of Marshall would make the Mavs a championship team, then why are you whinning about not getting him. >>

Does a single move have to make the Mavs champs to be a good move? I think adding Marshall would have been solid, despite what everyone else seems to think. I don't think he was a &quot;Utah spare,&quot; as MFFL indicated. He was hurt for a while last year and fell out of favor up there, but the guy is a pretty decent player. Moreover, he'd have been a really good sixth man for us. Maybe he wanted to start, and maybe Chicago promised him that. Who knows, but he would have been a big improvement for us as the first big man off the bench.

<< Lewis will make the Mavs a championship team, and that's why they are waiting for him and no one else. He is the only player available that will improve the Mavs. >>

On what do you base this statement? I don't think adding Lewis guarantees anything, which is another reason I'm ready for Lewis to shit or get off the pot.

Old 08-16-2002, 07:52 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

According to Cuban, Lewis should be &quot;shitting or getting off the pot&quot; by Monday or Tuesday when his parents get back from their vacation... So we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed until then...

Old 08-16-2002, 09:11 PM   #25
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

LOL LOL LOL, Evilmav and Madape.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #26
Just211
Platinum Member

Hey evilMav2,you sure do post a lot od pics of toilets . You got some kind of fetish
Old 08-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #27
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< Uh oh! Marshall is carrying his stink to the Windy city. Are the people of Chicago prepared to witness the domination??!? >>

LOL
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:00 PM   #28
Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue is on a distinguished road

I agree with you Nellie, Lewis is not coming here. Where do we go when he signs with Seattle? Anyone care to throw some ideas out there since Lewis wont be a Mav?
Red White and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:17 PM   #29
Just211
Platinum Member

If Lewis doesn't sign, this is the next MAV superstar. He was great the first time around so why not again. He should be cheap, and is a great team player.

Also, being so cheap, the Mavs will probably still get Russell.(although I don't think anyone whats them too.)
Old 08-16-2002, 11:18 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

It is retarded to say he won't be a Mav. You have no idea until it happens.

sounds like someone above wants to be Marshalls bitch.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:43 PM   #31
Red White and Blue

IT WONT happen, I just said it. Lewis is no idiot, he will take Seattles offer.

Why would you make a comment like that DrBio? No one wants to be Marshalls bitch, no need for that!
Old 08-16-2002, 11:51 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

retarded.
Old 08-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #33
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< sounds like someone above wants to be Marshalls bitch. >>

Huh?
Old 08-17-2002, 11:23 AM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< It is retarded to say he won't be a Mav. You have no idea until it happens.

sounds like someone above wants to be Marshalls bitch.
>>

DrBio dont u think its retarted to say he wont be a mav also? I mean so RWB u have no confidence in the Mavs to pulling this one out. If Sonics offer him that same deal they have been from the start in 7 years with the Mavs he will be getting more than he would be in Seattle. Its really all about does he want ot lead his team to victory. I dont think he can do it but who knows.

1996-2005
Old 08-17-2002, 12:06 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

I was saying that to make such a bold statement about him not coming here was retarded. Noone on this board knows what Lewis is thinking or where he will end up for sure. So to pull some blanket statement out of ones ass and try to make it sound like fact is..well...retarded.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:10 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I was saying that to make such a bold statement about him not coming here was retarded. Noone on this board knows what Lewis is thinking or where he will end up for sure. So to pull some blanket statement out of ones ass and try to make it sound like fact is..well...retarded. >>

Iwas agreeing with ur post I just couldnt type it the way I wanted to lol. The funny part is if Lewis signs RWB is gonna get hell from me first lol.

1996-2005
Old 08-17-2002, 05:41 PM   #37
Red White and Blue

I want Lewis to sign, I hope he does but he wont. Do you guys think he is some idiot or something? He knows he can get money now, rather then risk the chance of being injured or something when signing here for what the Mavs can offer. Lewis will be a Sonic next year, I am not the 1st to say it. I will take the hell, but will you guys take it when the Sonics sign him?
Old 08-17-2002, 06:20 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

There is no need for us to take hell. If you read what I posted, it says that noone knows for sure 100% what he will do. There is an equal likelihood at this point and you stating that he won't sign here period is just retarded. Just because you declare it with conviction does not make it so. Your <u>opinion</u> is that Lewis will stay in Seattle. I respect that OPINION, but it's not one shared by everyone.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:13 PM   #39
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< There is no need for us to take hell. If you read what I posted, it says that noone knows for sure 100% what he will do. There is an equal likelihood at this point and you stating that he won't sign here period is just retarded. Just because you declare it with conviction does not make it so. Your <u>opinion</u> is that Lewis will stay in Seattle. I respect that OPINION, but it's not one shared by everyone. >>

So you don't like RW&amp;B stating his opinion as fact? Maybe he's one of those that thinks his opinion IS fact.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #40
Red White and Blue

DrBio, my opinion is that he will be a Sonic next year and your opinion is what exactly?