Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-18-2002, 12:24 AM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

your opinion is clearly noted. I don't know where he will end up, but I think the Mavs have a slim chance, maybe even a 50-50 chance of him coming to Dallas. But note that I didn't say he is coming here PERIOD or try to put it out there as fact.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2002, 12:39 AM   #42
Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue is on a distinguished road

Common sense is all, the kid is no idiot. "IMO" Lewis will be a Sonic next year, he will accept their offer "IMO."
Red White and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:47 AM   #43
Drbio
Banned

much better...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2002, 12:50 AM   #44
Red White and Blue

Thank You!
Old 08-18-2002, 02:12 PM   #45
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

Go Clippers!!!!!
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:07 PM   #46
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

What I want to know is why Murph is banned for life and this clown just keeps coming back. Pretty weak shit if you ask me...which no one did.

"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:56 AM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Hey Crippler...what do you think? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2002, 09:41 AM   #48
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I had no idea Murph got the boot. What happened? Is there a thread to refer to?
Old 08-19-2002, 02:01 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

check your pm nellie
Old 08-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #50
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Anyone mind explaining ot me why Murph got banned so I wont?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 03:26 PM   #51
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I can explain it, but I would probably get banned if I did.

Boy, this board has been slow and boring recently. I'm beginning to believe that is the moderators' wish though...they don't seem to want an active board with debatable topics.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 08-19-2002, 03:57 PM   #52
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I agree with Crippler. The site's inactivity lately is making me do my work which is no good. We need some action here again!!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:10 PM   #53
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

It's the offseason, the team's been incredibly quiet the last few weeks, and there's nothing new to debate right now. Lack of activity has nothing to do with a member's absence (lack of hostility, yes. lack of activity, no.). Ironically, traffic is at an all-time high and there have been a dozen or so new sign-ups. Go figure.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 05:12 PM   #54
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Crippler, who is the clown that keeps coming back? I didn't think we had another JoeJoe alias running around...
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #55
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Lack of activity has nothing to do with a member's absence (lack of hostility, yes. lack of activity, no.). >>

Please quit taking shots at someone whom you have banned. It's kinda juvenile.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 06:12 PM   #56
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't a shot. What's juvenile is people constantly harping about the banning when in fact they know little about what really happened. I said nothing negative about murph personally in my post, just that the level of hositlity as decreased, which is true.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:50 PM   #57
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Rhylan, ironicaly, he's on this thread. A few have figured it out.

And yes, that was a shot at Murph whether you would like to admit it or not. And yes, his banning has dramatically cut down the number of posts on this board whether you will admit it or not. This board was humming along at an all time pace (and it was the offseason) when he was banned. Since then...nothing. Hey, but that's obviously the way you want it. Member numbers don't mean anything if all they do is read and lurk. Oh, but I forgot, they were too scared to post because of a certain poster.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:56 PM   #58
djb
Administrator

Your crap is getting old crippler. I have nothing farther to say to you.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:05 PM   #59
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< It wasn't a shot... I said nothing negative about murph personally in my post, just that the level of hositlity as decreased, which is true. >>

Incorrect - you posted &quot;Lack of activity has nothing to do with a member's absence&quot;. You are talking about murph, right? Then you said &quot;(lack of hostility, yes. lack of activity, no.)&quot;. You are implying that murph was hostile, correct? If you are talking about murph in a negative light then that is tacky since YOU were the one who banned him and now he can't defend himself. And you brought up murph, nobody else.

And I don't care what your reports say, POSTING activity on this board is almost nonexistant. There's rarely any posts - even in the lounge which was humming along. And don't call this a boycott by murph's friends, I think it's more of a case that YOU have offended a lot of long time posters.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:13 PM   #60
djb
Administrator

<< I can explain it, but I would probably get banned if I did.

Boy, this board has been slow and boring recently. I'm beginning to believe that is the moderators' wish though...they don't seem to want an active board with debatable topics.
>>

That's funny..you consider my comment a shot against murph yet you openly condone statements like this. Excuse me if I'm sick of seeing this crap. Do a search and you'll see this isn't the first comment of the sort. All I have to say if people are so pissed off at this board, then go post at a more &quot;active&quot; site rather than fill this one with bullshit like that. I take comments like that personally, as do I'm sure the other mods here.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:15 PM   #61
djb
Administrator

<<

<< It wasn't a shot... I said nothing negative about murph personally in my post, just that the level of hositlity as decreased, which is true. >>

Incorrect - you posted &quot;Lack of activity has nothing to do with a member's absence&quot;. You are talking about murph, right? Then you said &quot;(lack of hostility, yes. lack of activity, no.)&quot;. You are implying that murph was hostile, correct? If you are talking about murph in a negative light then that is tacky since YOU were the one who banned him and now he can't defend himself. And you brought up murph, nobody else.

And I don't care what your reports say, POSTING activity on this board is almost nonexistant. There's rarely any posts - even in the lounge which was humming along. And don't call this a boycott by murph's friends, I think it's more of a case that YOU have offended a lot of long time posters.
>>

An no I wasn't implying murph was hostile. No need to put words in my mouth. I implied that his absence resulted in less hostility. Meaning debates which often erupted into namecalling flamewars are no longer a common occurence. He wasn't the cause of all such &quot;debates&quot; but he was often involved in them, on both ends (both giving and receiving).
Old 08-19-2002, 07:18 PM   #62
MFFL
Guru

You DID make a shot against murph. I hold you (and the other moderators) to a higher standard than I do other posters. Your job is to stop flame wars, not start them. Unfair perhaps, but don't you think moderators should be &quot;moderate&quot;?
Old 08-19-2002, 07:31 PM   #63
djb
Administrator

Ok so I'm supposed to sit there and allow crippler's comments? Perhaps I should do what a moderator is &quot;supposed to do&quot; and give strikes for that? If I'm not allowed to make comments like those then I see no reason why anyone else is allowed to make them.

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my comment but it was not an intentional shot at murph. If you don't think there's a correlation (note the term correlation, not causation) between his absence and the decline in hostile debates, then fine that is your opinion. Also if you think a correlation exists between his absence and the decline in posts, then once again that is your opinion. I happen to realize this is the offseason, and the only reason activity was high a while back was due to the overabundance of Lewis and NVE rumors. If you want to blame someone for this dip in activity, blame the Mavs mgmt for making this summer such a boring one.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #64
The Crippler
Diamond Member

All I ask is what part of my statements above are incorrect?
Old 08-19-2002, 08:01 PM   #65
djb
Administrator

By the same token, what part of my statement was incorrect?

You can make all the comments you want crippler, but firing back every time someone else throws one out whether intentionally or not is completely unnecessary.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:08 PM   #66
PeterVecseyisdumb

djbacklash, when I read your last post, it seemed like you were taking a shot at Murphy3. djbacklash, when I read you take shots at Murphy3, it sort of makes me mad, because Murphy3 isn't here to defend himself. Whether you were taking a shot at Murphy3 in your last post, or not, no one knows except yourself. djbacklash, if you say you weren't taking a shot at Murphy3 in your last post, then I believe you. However, since Murphy3 was banned, you have taken several shots at Murphy3. So I can see why myself and some people originally thought you were taking a shot at Murphy3 in your last post. djbacklash, if you say you weren't taking a shot at Murphy3 in your last post, I believe you.

Before Murphy3 was banned, this message board was more active. It had more posts and more debates. This site has slowed down since Murphy3 was banned, it's very obvious. Whether the total count of posters has increased or not, doesn't really matter very much. This message board has slowed down since Murphy3 was banned.

Red White and Blue is realclipsfan. It is obvious. Also, since realclipsfan came back, the hostility is here.

Some people talk about how Murphy3 stopped people from posting here. I didn't post as much before Murphy3 was banned, because I agree with a lot of what Murphy3 says, and I didn't want to take the time and effort to type the same thing. Now that Murphy3 has been banned, I will make more posts, which means I will spend time typing a lot of the same things that Murphy3 typed.

There are a lot of people who came to this message board because Murphy3 posted here. Murphy3 instantly helps give this message board credibility and it makes people think about what they post, before they post. Murphy3 made it so that people backed up their posts, instead of just typing something. For anyone to say that Murphy3 is in the same class as realclipsfan and dirk77 is ridiculous. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Murphy3 helped keep this message board active. Murphy3 is sort of the quality control on this message board. I think Murphy3 is a solid poster.

djbacklash, I have no problem with you banning Murphy3. djbacklash, you have shown to very reasonable and try to give every poster on this board a fair chance. djbacklash, this is your board, and you can do what you wish. However, I would like to see Murphy3 back on this board.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:24 PM   #67
djb
Administrator

PVID~

I appreciate your comments. I'm sorry if it seems like I've been taking shots at murph lately. It seems whenever I try to explain my position, I'm &quot;taking a shot&quot; at him but that is simply not the case. With perhaps the exception of RCF (who if is logging on as RWB, will most certainly be banned), I've tried my best to be fair and impartial to all members. Whether or not you or anyone else believes that is up to you. Murph is not coming back so I have no reason to harbor any ill will towards him. There's no point in beating a dead horse. But when people continually post disparaging remarks regarding this board (which in turn is a reflection of both me and the mods here) and it's status of late, I WILL respond to them. I take it very personally when people talk trash about me and the mods when they know very little about the behind-the-scenes action and going-ons of the last few months. If you think this board is slow, fine then why don't you try and do something about it. But if you're going to do nothing but trash it and the mods every chance you get, then I suggest you go somewhere else. This board will live on, despite these roadbumps, and it will only grow from here on. Whether or not you want to be a viable part of it is up to you.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:35 PM   #68
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanna talk ball.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:41 PM   #69
PeterVecseyisdumb

djbacklash, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I don't know about any of the behind the scenes stuff, so I'll trust you to make a decision about what you think is in the best interest of this message board.

<< I take it very personally when people talk trash about me and the mods when they know very little about the behind-the-scenes action and going-ons of the last few months. If you think this board is slow, fine then why don't you try and do something about it. But if you're going to do nothing but trash it and the mods every chance you get, then I suggest you go somewhere else. This board will live on, despite these roadbumps, and it will only grow from here on. Whether or not you want to be a viable part of it is up to you. >>

djbacklash, was this comment being made towards me, or was it just a statement to everyone on this message board? If it was a statement to everyone on this message board, then I understand. However, if it was a statement to me in particular, it is very puzzling, since I have never said anything bad about this message board.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #70
djb
Administrator

Had nothing to do with you PVID..just a general comment. Wow I really need to stop making such easily misinterpretable statements.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:08 PM   #71
PeterVecseyisdumb

<< Had nothing to do with you PVID..just a general comment. Wow I really need to stop making such easily misinterpretable statements. >>

djbacklash, don't worry about it. I was just trying to make sure I understood what you were saying. This is by far the best dallas mavericks message board. djbacklash, if you do what you think is in the best interest of this message board, then I support any decision you make.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:10 PM   #72
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

quit beating the dead bunny.

without being too harsh, murph is banned. its over with. let it be.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:30 PM   #73
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone see Murphy post on any other boards recently, or know where he hangs out now? I would never stop frequenting dallas-mavs.com just because Murph left, but it would be cool to hear from him every once in a while.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:33 PM   #74
MFFL
Guru

I talked to murph a while back - he's studying for his GMAT right now. I expect he'll pop up soon at one of the other sites.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:38 PM   #75
PeterVecseyisdumb

<< Has anyone see Murphy post on any other boards recently, or know where he hangs out now? I would never stop frequenting dallas-mavs.com just because Murph left, but it would be cool to hear from him every once in a while. >>

madape, after Murphy3 was banned, I think I saw Murphy3 make some posts on dallasbasketball.com. I think I also saw Murphy3 make a post on mavtalk.com. However, I haven't seen Murphy3 make any posts since then. I guess Murphy3 is just taking some time off from posting on message boards.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:44 PM   #76
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Speaking of ...

AE, could we pleeeease have you stop beating the dead bunny picture at us? it was really old to start with, and only gets more disgusting.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:31 PM   #77
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The RWB thing is old. And stop bashing DJ guys. Every argument can be made about the Murphy3 case, but in the end it always comes down to that: this board is a free service provided by DJ for mavs fans. He has the right to do whatever he likes here. If you don´t like the place any more simply stay away. On the board being slow right now: yes it is, but just because there isn´t much new to talk about right now.
Besides that I kinda feel sorry for Murph. He tried to talk about the mavs on mavstalk but they rather discuss other stuff over there.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 02:09 AM   #78
Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue has nothing to do with this thread, I came from another board like this it is at this time. A friend suggested the board to me, and said it was the best board around to talk Mavs. This is a Mavs board, and that's what I talk here, where did this &quot;clips&quot; stuff come from? I don't really remember talking about anything else but that. What the hell is going on here? This is a basketball board, talk basketball here please. If someone was banned, I am sure the proper people had valid reasons to do that. Enough of the BS, let's talk sports, Mavs in particular. This thread was rather good to some people felt the need to get it off topic. I want say names because I am sure you know exactly who you are. If I was the admin to this site, I wouldn't even waste my time replying to some of the posts that's thrown at him/her.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:41 PM   #79
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

&quot;Murphy3 was sort of the quality control on this board.&quot;

I never thought this about Murph. I always thought of him as just another person who posted on this message board. It's sort of an insulting sentiment, to the moderators, if you think about. Nothing against Murphy3, I just never thought of him in that way, anymore than I think it's MY job to be quality control on this board.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:19 PM   #80
PeterVecseyisdumb

<< &quot;Murphy3 was sort of the quality control on this board.&quot;

I never thought this about Murph. I always thought of him as just another person who posted on this message board. It's sort of an insulting sentiment, to the moderators, if you think about. Nothing against Murphy3, I just never thought of him in that way, anymore than I think it's MY job to be quality control on this board.
>>

David, it's not insulting to the moderators at all. My point was that Murphy3 wants people to back up what they post, which means more people will think about what they post before they post it. Murphy3 would ask people to use stats, logic, etc. to back up things that they posted. Murphy3 made about 10,000 posts on this message board, so Murphy3 would give his input in many of the threads.

I think the moderators do a great job at this message board. When I made my first post here, the moderators were very friendly to me. The moderators give everyone a clean slate here. The moderators have come up with new ways to try to solve any conflicts. I think the strikes idea is a good idea. I think that djbacklash said all of the moderators are talked to for their opinion, regarding any situation when someone may be banned. I have seen message boards that aren't moderated very well, and it shows. Dallas-Mavs.com is moderated very well.