Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-20-2002, 08:54 PM   #81
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<<
David, it's not insulting to the moderators at all. My point was that Murphy3 wants people to back up what they post, which means more people will think about what they post before they post it. Murphy3 would ask people to use stats, logic, etc. to back up things that they posted. Murphy3 made about 10,000 posts on this message board, so Murphy3 would give his input on many of the threads.
>>

I think the moderators do a good job and it IS their job, but it's not MY job, nor was it Murphy's job. I don't remember Murphy asking &quot;people to use stats, logic, etc. to back up things that they posted&quot;. That's not the guy I remember. I remember him posting a lot but if he did what you are saying, I must have skipped right over it. I tended to take a grain of salt with some of his posts, &quot;murph being murph&quot; and all that. I don't remember HIM as a big stat guy either but he did have his own form of logic. I remember him posting, sometimes, three times in a row as if to answer himself or add something to his previous train of thought rather than edit the original post. THAT will add up to your post count in a hurry if you do it often enough, and he did. Not being critical, just noticing.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #82
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

David we could &quot;notice&quot; a few things about the way you post as well. But we won't because that would be starting trouble.

All I've asked is that everyone quit saying negative things about someone who is not here to defend themselves. Just be polite - if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:37 PM   #83
David
Golden Member

<< David we could &quot;notice&quot; a few things about the way you post as well. But we won't because that would be starting trouble.

All I've asked is that everyone quit saying negative things about someone who is not here to defend themselves. Just be polite - if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing.
>>

Yes, we could very easily &quot;notice&quot; things about me. The subject was quality control on the board and who provides it. I don't think I said anything negative or untrue. If it seemed that I was being negative, then let me say right now that I didn't intend for it to be. People tend to be glorified beyond the truth when they are no longer among us. I think that is the case here with the quality control sentiment.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:39 PM   #84
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Please quit bashing murph or a lot of shit is going to fly.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:40 PM   #85
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< All I've asked is that everyone quit saying negative things about someone who is not here to defend themselves. >>

I suppose this means we should stop saying negative things about athletes?

I better find that fat little leaguer and apologize.....
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:43 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

Come on Rhylan...that's not fair at all. It is low class to bash murph when he isn't here or able to defend himself. Totally low class. And it is just as low to bash dj at this point as well. I'm sick of all this bullshit going both ways.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:46 PM   #87
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< The subject was quality control on the board and who provides it. >>

<< That's not the guy I remember. I remember him posting a lot but if he did what you are saying, I must have skipped right over it. I tended to take a grain of salt with some of his posts, &quot;murph being murph&quot; and all that. I don't remember HIM as a big stat guy either but he did have his own form of logic. I remember him posting, sometimes, three times in a row as if to answer himself or add something to his previous train of thought rather than edit the original post. THAT will add up to your post count in a hurry if you do it often enough, and he did. >>

If the subject was quality control then why all of the extra? None of that had anything to do with quality control, did it?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:02 PM   #88
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Doc, I just don't see a whole lot of &quot;bashing,&quot; just some opinions.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:04 PM   #89
Drbio
Banned

My opinion is that everyone should shut the f*ck up about murph AND dj.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:07 PM   #90
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

word
Old 08-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #91
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< My opinion is that everyone should shut the f*ck up about murph AND dj. >>

Opinion shared by me aswell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 05:22 AM   #92
David
Golden Member

<<

<< That's not the guy I remember. I remember him posting a lot but if he did what you are saying, I must have skipped right over it. I tended to take a grain of salt with some of his posts, &quot;murph being murph&quot; and all that. I don't remember HIM as a big stat guy either but he did have his own form of logic. I remember him posting, sometimes, three times in a row as if to answer himself or add something to his previous train of thought rather than edit the original post. THAT will add up to your post count in a hurry if you do it often enough, and he did. >>

If the subject was quality control then why all of the extra? None of that had anything to do with quality control, did it?
>>

When someone mentions that Murphy made 10,000 posts AS IF they were quality laden, I thought that was a bit much. You can say Murphy is a heckofa nice guy. That he likes to talk Mavs. That he added quite a bit to the board. All of that would be true, but PVID seemed to be putting him on a pedestal that he didn't deserve. No negativity.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:50 PM   #93
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<<

>>

When someone mentions that Murphy made 10,000 posts AS IF they were quality laden, I thought that was a bit much. You can say Murphy is a heckofa nice guy. That he likes to talk Mavs. That he added quite a bit to the board. All of that would be true, but PVID seemed to be putting him on a pedestal that he didn't deserve. No negativity.
>>

David, I never said all of Murphy3's posts were quality posts. I mentioned Murphy3 making about 10,000 posts, simply to show that Murphy3 has made many posts. Murphy3 has been making posts on this message board for a long time. When someone posts that much, it has an effect on most of the threads. I think most of Murphy3's posts were quality posts. However, I do see what you are saying. Some people on this message board might think Murphy3's posts were dumb.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 12:54 AM   #94
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all need to get off of DJ's back on the Murphy thing... Most of y'all weren't even around to see what kind of problems the whole &quot;LAMOOO&quot; identity caused when the site was very young...