Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-12-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Watching GS-DET game on ESPN

NVE is playing well. Maybe in some parallel universe the Mavs got Mourning and kept NVE.

The trade was a no-brainer though. Would be nice to see though how it could have been with NVE.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:33 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Watching GS-DET game on ESPN

We got way too much talent for trading NVE for me to ever regrett that trade. I liked Nick, but if we had stayed pat as a team we wouldn't have had near as good a chance of competing with the new superteams in the west once they jell.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:39 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Watching GS-DET game on ESPN

I don't know if you saw the SA/NJ game, but Morning looks terrible. He's so bulky he can't jump or even move much. He was always an undersized center who made up for lack of size with quickness and athleticism. Now he just looks like a big stiff bodybuilder. As far as the defensive resistance he was supposed to provide, Duncan abused him. In 18 minutes he could only grab one rebound. Good thing he wanted to play with Jason Kidd.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:30 PM   #4
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

i agree. but i believe mourning will snap out of his funk
Old 11-12-2003, 11:45 PM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Erick Dampier looks awesome..the warriors are gonna be a load if dunleavy can get some consistency

they might make the 8th playoff spot
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:20 AM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Name_______Min____FG___3Pt__FT__Off__Reb__Ast__TO__Stl__Blk___PF__Pts
N. Van Exel___45____3-15__0-4_2-4__0___5____9____2___1___0____1___8

That's good?
Old 11-13-2003, 12:25 AM   #7
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Mourning will only snap into dialysis. That kidney is one happy meal away from calling it a career.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:27 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Name_______Min____FG___3Pt__FT__Off__Reb__Ast__TO__Stl__Blk___PF__Pts
N. Van Exel___45____3-15__0-4_2-4__0___5____9____2___1___0____1___8

That's good?
At least his shooting is consistent
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:28 AM   #9
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

NVE played had a horrible shooting night, but had 9 assists, a stl, and 5 boards. he also hit two big shots in the 4th when we needed it. however, calbert and cardinal played HUGE...
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:13 AM   #10
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Don't forget Dampier. He was huge tonight

37 min
4-4 fg
4-5 ft
14 rbs
2 stls
2 blks
12 pts

He fouled out in OT but this was his 6th double-double of the season. Only had 10 last year.
Too bad Kiki did'nt toss him into that trade[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 04:31 AM   #11
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Hey its all about winning and the W's are 3-1 since he came back still on a gimpy knee, the one lost was a 3 point game with the Suns. The Mavs obviously got their worse big man, I would even take that white boy Brian Cardinal over Mr. Spud, i would even throw in a steak.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:12 AM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this was an entertaining game... tayshaun was tearing it up on dunleavy. NVE missed some shots, but he was pretty god in involving his teammates. he should have had a lot more than 9 assists. guys were fouled on plays and all that jazz. dunleavy is a player.

man, they called a buttload of charges in this game.

oh and i agree on mourning. he doesn't look good at all.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:13 AM   #13
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
We got way too much talent for trading NVE for me to ever regrett that trade. I liked Nick, but if we had stayed pat as a team we wouldn't have had near as good a chance of competing with the new superteams in the west once they jell.
Don't get me wrong, I would have done the trade in a heartbeat. It was just fun to see NVE 3 feet behind the freethrow line. He did miss a crucial freethrow in the end but it didn't hurt them. They still won. Looks like Nick is the go to guy in GS. Makes sense since he has the most experience.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:14 AM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I always thought that the Mavs made out better than GS after the NVE for Jamison trade, but after this game, GS looks like they got exactly what they needed. They got a solid point guard to distribute the ball among all their big men. They cleared out Jamison to give Dunleavey the SF position. They'll be alright this year, and maybe contend for the playoffs as early as next year.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

their best PF is hurt. Their best SG is hurt. one of their Centers is hurt. if they can come back and still play as cohesively as they seem to be playing now (and still give minutes to the guys performing well now (cardinal, dampier, cheaney), look out.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

After watching most of the games, I think I like this current squad over last years.

They've managed to clear out players to allow others to step up. Instead of it being about one player, it's a team effort.

They look sharp and this has been without key players. Once Murphy and Foyle return, I can't imagine how good this team will be. Not to mention Richardson getting back into a groove.

NVE missed some shots last night, but you could tell his role is different from what it was in Dallas. Here he was told to shoot, shoot, shoot, but in GS he knows he has to play like a pg and set his teammates up.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:39 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

he had some NICE passes last night. his pass to dampier on the break (dampier got fouled but didn't make it) was sweet.

oh, that's right, richardson isn't hurt. he's suspended, right?
Old 11-13-2003, 12:55 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Richardson suffered a sprained left ankle when he stepped on teammate Speedy Claxton's foot late in Monday's loss to the Phoenix Suns. X-rays were negative.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:54 PM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ah, ok. thanks, associated press murphy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #20
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

Hopefully the warriors can continue this until the injuries are done with. Mavs and warriors in the playoffs, that would be cool. How about the mavs vs. warriors first round? Traded PG van exel faces his team from last year. Mavs 1st place HC adv throughout the playoffs and warriors getting a playoff spot!..I know im jumping the gun here and maybe a bit too optimistic but that would be very interesting.
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 AM   #21
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Golden State has a weird team, but they work well together. As soon as Troy Murphy is ready to go , I think Gstate will make a serious run at a playoff spot in the west.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:48 AM   #22
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Golden State has a weird team, but they work well together.
The Warriors have turned this into a team and not about one or two players. Not only have they done this through trades, but have signed complimentary players in the past week. Cherokee Parks, Dan Langhi, and Sean Lampley. Not household names by any means, but it's given the Warriors some nice depth and hustle players.

My favorite addition has to be Brian Cardinal. I would dare say that he's a better version of Najera.