Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 09-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Randolph to Memphis?

Source: Knicks suggest dealing Randolph to Memphis

By Andrew Marchand
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: September 5, 2008, 1:41 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

The Knicks have a trade proposal on the table with the Memphis Grizzlies that would see Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric dealt to New York in exchange for Zach Randolph.

An executive with knowledge of the trade talks said Friday that Knicks president Donnie Walsh initiated the Randolph-to-Memphis talks with the Grizzlies recently and it's up to Walsh to sign off on the deal. But it appears Walsh has cooled to the idea of trading his player, the executive said.

A Knicks spokesman declined comment Friday.

Milicic is reportedly owed $14.5 million over the next two seasons, and Jaric will make $21.3 million the next three seasons. The Knicks want to trade Randoph because his contract runs through 2010-11. He will be paid nearly $48 million over those three seasons.

The move would help the Knicks with their salary cap. It has been widely perceived that their goal is get under the cap before the summer of 2010 so they can make a run at LeBron James and other high-profile free agents who will hit the market that offseason.

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor of 1050 ESPN Radio in New York.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I pretty much think Zach Randolph is a lost cause....any chance for his reform was ruined by the hapless Knicks.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Hmm... why dump Gasol and then pick up Randolph?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

So they can give him to LA for nothing!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'd take Randolph if in return I had to give up nothing. I don't understand the Knicks reasoning for doing it. They don't get any cap space until 2 or 3 years from now? And how in the hell is Milicic owed 14 million the next 2 years? Who's giving out these contracts? How he's getting paid more now than he was when he was a rookie is beyond me.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Agreed, Darko is absolutely worthless. Everyone in this deal is worthless.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks president Donnie Walsh has not been given a deadline to make a decision whether to trade Zach Randolph to Memphis, according to an executive with knowledge of the trade talks. The Knicks have a trade proposal on the table with the Grizzlies that would see Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric dealt to New York in exchange for Randolph. The offer was proposed nearly two weeks ago. The Grizzlies have agreed to make the trade and, at this point, have no plans to pull their offer. ESPN.com

A league source has told RealGM contributor Tommy Dee that the Memphis Grizzlies are demanding a first round pick along with Zach Randolph in exchange for Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric. Walsh in return is asking for a young player, assuming either Javaris Crittenton, Kyle Lowry or Hakim Warrick or the best expiring contract (Antoine Walker) if he is to surrender a first round pick. RealGM

The latest I'm hearing on the Zach Randolph-to-Memphis talks is that the Grizzlies want a first-round pick from the Knicks. Getting a bit greedy, no? Donnie has countered by saying if he's giving up a first-rounder, he wants something more back with Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric. Jaric, by the way, has to be stoked by these trade talks. He's spent the summer in New York -- his wife-to-be is a model, or did I not say that already? -- and I've heard he's been working out recently with possible future mates David Lee and Nate Robinson. Newsday

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote