Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
payne

payne is on a distinguished road
Default what about harrington

word around for awhile now is that GS wants to deal harrington, i think he would be a great 6th man or even the starting sf, and put howard @ sg.

would we have the parts to acquire him, if GS are willing to deal with Dallas.
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Parts...probably not
Willing to deal to Dallas...probably not
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I'd take a stab at Stevie Jackson... but what this team needs is solid lock down D... and I'm sorry Josh Howard is not the answer...
Old 08-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Jackson would be very nice. He can play a little wreckless at times, but you know he is active and full of passion.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I know CD feels the same way; I would love SJax in a Dallas uni.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I would love anyone new on a Mavs unifom but the problem is, there's none! And as little as I want to think about it, looks like we wont be doing any major moves this offseason. I don't want to see another year for Dirk and Kidds talent go to waste. Surprise me Mavs! Surprise Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I know CD feels the same way; I would love SJax in a Dallas uni.
in a heart beat...but only for expiring contracts..and Bass...not for JHo.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If Dallas can't make a different trade, I wouldn't mind a Harrington for Stack/Jones trade.

Harrington has played for Carlisle -- he could take over as the starting SF, and he has 3 pt range and length. That would move Howard to the two.

Kidd, Howard, Harrington, Dirk, Diop with Terry, wright/Greene, Bass, Damp would be fairly formidable.

Why would the Warriors do it? Because they could buy out Jones, and then Stack comes off the books after this year with his 2M buyout. Of course Mark might have to send the 2M to the Warriors in the deal, but if the Warriors are really wanting the young ones to play -- Stack would be a fine 6th man behind SJax and Maggette, and they would save some money on a guy that is wanting out from what you read.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 08-05-2008 at 11:35 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
If Dallas can't make a different trade, I wouldn't mind a Harrington for Stack/Jones trade.

Harrington has played for Carlisle -- he could take over as the starting SF, and he has 3 pt range and length. That would move Howard to the two.

Kidd, Howard, Harrington, Dirk, Diop with Terry, wright/Greene, Bass, Damp would be fairly formidable.

Why would the Warriors do it? Because they could buy out Jones, and then Stack comes off the books after this year with his 2M buyout. Of course Mark might have to send the 2M to the Warriors in the deal, but if the Warriors are really wanting the young ones to play -- Stack would be a fine 6th man behind SJax and Maggette, and they would save some money on a guy that is wanting out from what you read.
That sounds pretty good. Not sure if they'd entertain it but if they did I'd jump on that deal.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
That sounds pretty good. Not sure if they'd entertain it but if they did I'd jump on that deal.
Heck, if you could get that lineup and Howard, Harrington, and Dirk to put forth all the effort they could on D, then that lineup would be sick against pretty well anyone.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the NBA where dreams come true? If so then we would be stupid not to pounce all over that! Too bad the Warriors aren't in to helping us out, at all costs...
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

he is pretty good
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote