Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default West suspended again...

Yikes.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...icks-suspended

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks have suspended guard Delonte West again for the second time in less than a month.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon, Richard Durrett and our team.
Blog » ESPN Dallas »
"We have suspended Delonte for conduct detrimental to the team," president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said in a statement. "The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued."

The statement gave no reason for the suspension. Coach Rick Carlisle had suspended West for conduct detrimental to the team Oct. 15 after a locker-room outburst. The Mavericks reinstated West less than 24 hours later after he met with Carlisle and Nelson.

The team would not elaborate on the outburst at that time.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He must be having a tough time right now. He certainly doesn't look right on the court. Now our backup point is......dojo...

Hmm...maybe dojo is spiking his meds.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

What the hell is this guy doing? He obviously has mental problems but this is not the time for everything to blow up inside his head. When the season begins, we are going to need him to produce with a new point guard and shooting guard, as well as Dirk out for a month.

If I were Dirk, I'd have a serious discussion with West about getting his self together. Dirk is the leader of this team and it's obvious West needs some help right now.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

West needs a hell of a lot more than a talking-to from dirk. He's kinda scary.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
West needs a hell of a lot more than a talking-to from dirk. He's kinda scary.
Very true. I do think there is something going on with this whole situation that nobody outside of the Mavs organization knows about...
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, doesnt sound good...

Delonte West ‏@CharleeRedz13
If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my ass on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that...

I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives..

And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks man, He seems like a decent dood. He's not playing well at all and isn't the backup PG I want on the court. Wayyy too many wild passes and turnovers. He's obviously doing something that Coach and higherups don't like because they wouldn't just blast him like this for nothing. As far as on the court goes, we don't really need what West has been offering lately.

As little as Roddy has done and his lack of point skills as well, I'd rather him back up Collison.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I've told myself he wasn't looking good basketball wise during the pre season... now I know why.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my ass on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that...

I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives..

And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes
This tells us absolutely nothing... Seriously, what's going on?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a hangover from his disappointing turn in free agency? Hope he gets it together. Whatever's going on it's affecting him on the court as well as off (or it sure looked that way last night).
Old 10-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he can get it together soon because he seems like the kind of guy that could end up dead if basketball is taken away from his life.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sucks man, He seems like a decent dood. He's not playing well at all and isn't the backup PG I want on the court. Wayyy too many wild passes and turnovers. He's obviously doing something that Coach and higherups don't like because they wouldn't just blast him like this for nothing. As far as on the court goes, we don't really need what West has been offering lately.

As little as Roddy has done and his lack of point skills as well, I'd rather him back up Collison.
Bad news, because no matter what the question is roddy isn't the answer.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, i really like him but he just did not looked right in the preseason. Maybe still "mad" that he did not get a bigger offer from a team and had to settle in for the minimum yet again?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Bad news, because no matter what the question is roddy isn't the answer.
Right, unless the question has something to do with one of the most disappointing players who has yet to live up to the potential.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Damn, i really like him but he just did not looked right in the preseason. Maybe still "mad" that he did not get a bigger offer from a team and had to settle in for the minimum yet again?
Was he really worth more?

Also, he just doesn't strike me as someone who works on thru the off-season to improve the weakness in his game. He still makes rookie type mistakes.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure he's better than Mayo, Collison, Roddy, Dahntay, etc. simply because he doesn't distribute. He's just another guy in a long list of 1/2 tweeners that have a hard time running an offense.

I'd much rather them have minutes and even a few for Cunnignham to train him up. I'll be eating crow if they waive him and he explodes, but right now he seems like the odd man out.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm not sure he's better than Mayo, Roddy, Dahntay, etc. simply because he doesnt distribute. I'd much rather them have minutes and even a few for Cunnignham to train him up. I'll be eating crow if they waive him and he explodes, but right now he seems like the odd man out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
We needed more crazy on this team. Other than West we have the NBA's "all-nice" team.

Its not bad-- they are all great guys with great attitude but you need someone to go out there and make the opposing team uncomfortable every once in a while with some tough D and a "West-willy"
You mean you're not eating crow yet?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Twitter swirls saying Mavs are getting rid of Delonte via trade or just cutting him.

I'm in a bad mood now.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Twitter swirls saying Mavs are getting rid of Delonte via trade or just cutting him.

I'm in a bad mood now.
I hope not, but no one knows what happened with him during the preseason so far...
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Sefko is saying that West will be waived.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...eddy-curry.ece

Probably the best move. We don't need another Odom-type drama crap this season.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:

I'm in a bad mood now.
Twitter isn't a reliable source-just a source of blather most of the time.
The Mavs may feel that West needs more help than they can provide. He may be off his meds(despite his comments) or require a dosage adjustment.
Or something totally unexpected happened in the locker room.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I'm thinking that maybe Delonte is being kind of a cancer in the locker room. With all the young players on the squad, Carlisle/Cuban/Nelson might be worried Delonte may infect the younger players with some of his character issues. With the roster being turned over as much as it has, the Mavs may not be the team that can absorb the questionable character players as easily. That would be unfortunate for Delonte because as Murph says, it seems like Delonte is the kind of guy that needs the sport at this time in his life. If the Mavs do part ways with West, hopefully some other team will be willing to try to bring him along and utilize his on-court abilities.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #23
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get this...since West arrived they all told that the other players love him because he always gives everything for the team and have their backs etc.

Maybe West changed a little bit and got too freaky in the lockerroom....damn, the dude deserve better, bi-polar disorder is a giant bitch
Old 10-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
Twitter isn't a reliable source-just a source of blather most of the time.
The Dallas Morning News and Eddie Sefko are, though.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #25
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
The Dallas Morning News and Eddie Sefko are, though.
That would be true. Too bad if they are going to do that, but it isn't like he hasn't been given a chance. Mavs may also be quicker to dump any players with issues after the Eeyore Odom fiasco.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
You mean you're not eating crow yet?
Last year he was crazy on the court-- the only thing he did wrong was the wet willy. This year, he's bringing it into the locker room. Big difference.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Days like this I wish BG wasn't working with the Mavs. I want to what happened the 1st and 2nd time.

West hasn't played well all preseason. He has been pressing for no reason. Dude has blown several fast breaks with selfish play. I also didn't like the "Uncle Ricky" comments either. You always address the coach as coach every time.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
I'm thinking that maybe Delonte is being kind of a cancer in the locker room. With all the young players on the squad, Carlisle/Cuban/Nelson might be worried Delonte may infect the younger players with some of his character issues. With the roster being turned over as much as it has, the Mavs may not be the team that can absorb the questionable character players as easily. That would be unfortunate for Delonte because as Murph says, it seems like Delonte is the kind of guy that needs the sport at this time in his life. If the Mavs do part ways with West, hopefully some other team will be willing to try to bring him along and utilize his on-court abilities.
Hopefully not the Lakers but I fear them going after him hard since Blake and Duhon are not very good back up's to Nash.

Whatever West is going through I hope he works is out and is playing in the NBA again...but just like somebody said that last thing the Mavs need is another Odom
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
maljanNBAfan

maljanNBAfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3nc3r13 View Post
Very true. I do think there is something going on with this whole situation that nobody outside of the Mavs organization knows about...
I definitely agree with you on that. He had some mental issues a few years back when he played for Cleveland, too. I'm quite sure he was out for a chunk of the season...I think he might have checked in to a treatment center of some kind...?

Updated: http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/...sts-spot.html/

Last edited by maljanNBAfan; 10-25-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: updated with a link
maljanNBAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so bummed right now. Dammit, Delonte.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

West respected Kidd and Dirk. They were his "medicine". Now on a team with (too) many guys younger than him he probably went back into "You'd Betta Have My Do-Nuts" mode...

Last edited by markus1234; 10-25-2012 at 08:51 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I doubt Dirk would have helped. West just has some crazy swings as bipolar players do.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #33
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Damn, the Odom Syndrome is catching on some of our players. Hope Marion isn't next.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Damn, the Odom Syndrome is catching on some of our players. Hope Marion isn't next.
I think West contracted it first... And after the "tank" season in Miami and his stretch in Toronto, Shawn Marion is probably immune.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #35
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Was he really worth more?
I never said he should, but he wanted it.

Quote:
"There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn't involve me," said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. "Somehow I'm being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don't know what's going on."
Hmm...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #36
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

either jae, jared or sarge forgot to bring him his donuts

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #37
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
No decisions have been made one way or another; otherwise we would have made it,” Cuban said, adding, “It’s just a process that’s pretty much down to me making a decision.”

Cuban recalled Dallas' experience with Lamar Odom, but did not rule out West returning to the team.

“Do you not remember last year?” Cuban added, “Let’s just say we won’t give as many chances as we gave people last year.”

Cuban said he was “too forgiving when everybody else was telling me not to be. So I’ll take that one. I won’t be as forgiving this year. I learned my lessons.”
Honestly? Waive DoJo and keep Curry and West. We need West. He had a terrible preseason but we know his skillset. And we know Dojos.

We have two better backcourt talents (Roddy/Cunningham), we dont need three.

Dojo is out of the NBA anyway after this season.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
Spurred1

I'd prefer they keep West-see if they can possibly help him. Let Dojo go.
West has an actual medical issue; Lamar Odom never did last year-just a lazy sack of whining, crying, fat. But because the MBT babied Lamar and he took advantage of it, they're taking a hard line with someone else-someone who may be suffering right now from his illness. Granted, maybe he's medically fine but just being an asshole. Still, I'd prefer the Mavs give him one last shot. If he screws that up, let him move on.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

They already suspended him once this preseason, and then they gave him another shot and he apparently screwed that up. Like all of us, I don't actually know what the issue is, but how many "one last shots" does he get?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #40
maljanNBAfan

maljanNBAfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

I read this tweets too. Gosh, you can't help but feel bad for the guy. I'll be watching his feed closely, that's for sure too.
maljanNBAfan is offline   Reply With Quote