Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd like to circle back to our free agency conundrum that we always seem to find ourselves in. It was reported that Green didn't come here because we were 2-3 years away from contention. Of course, we would be much closer if talent like him (or obviously better) would come play here. Such is the giant issue with plan Powder.

I do wonder if it says more about the players though than the franchise. Isn't a player like Kemba good enough to put is in the top teams in the West? Surely he had to have seen that. Or are we living in la la land thinking KP/Luka is going to be great and that Kemba still has to carry a heavy load?

Or maybe the FO just sucks a pitching free agents like they have been for years. All reports said Kemba was basically "the guy" yet we didn't even get a meeting with him? They need to hire SOMEONE who gets pitching to agents/players because man child Cuban and asleep at the wheel Donnie aren't getting it done. They rock at trades when dealing with other teams, but they clearly aren't good at the free agent thing.
Some of these max guys aren’t even meeting with teams to hear their pitches. Durant didn’t even talk to the Nets. Seems like most of the big names agreed to contracts before FA was even open.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Some of these max guys aren’t even meeting with teams to hear their pitches. Durant didn’t even talk to the Nets. Seems like most of the big names agreed to contracts before FA was even open.
Not sure who is really buying that. It will be interesting to see what the do about tampering. I wanna see FO and agents phones tapped and a full investigation team dedicated to the process. Perhaps create more jobs and make merica great again.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'd like to circle back to our free agency conundrum that we always seem to find ourselves in. It was reported that Green didn't come here because we were 2-3 years away from contention. Of course, we would be much closer if talent like him (or obviously better) would come play here. Such is the giant issue with plan Powder.

I do wonder if it says more about the players though than the franchise. Isn't a player like Kemba good enough to put is in the top teams in the West? Surely he had to have seen that. Or are we living in la la land thinking KP/Luka is going to be great and that Kemba still has to carry a heavy load?

Or maybe the FO just sucks a pitching free agents like they have been for years. All reports said Kemba was basically "the guy" yet we didn't even get a meeting with him? They need to hire SOMEONE who gets pitching to agents/players because man child Cuban and asleep at the wheel Donnie aren't getting it done. They rock at trades when dealing with other teams, but they clearly aren't good at the free agent thing.
The same article mentions his concern for how well KP recovers and what KP and Luka look like.

All in all, very valid points.

He also mentions tremendous respect for Mark, Donnie and RC.

See Article below:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ing-contention

Everyone needs to calm down. Kemba chose boston over dallas. For whatever reason. Maybe its closer to home, Maybe its because he went to school in Uconn which is damn well closer to Boston than Dallas is.

Danny Green states exactly why he chose LA and truthfully and completely unbiased, I agree with him in as much as I'd like him here. Timeline wise, Lebron and AD in the immediacy and from his point of view, I can see having more of a shot than our Younger superstars that haven't yet taken the court together. It may end up being a blessing in disguise.

I have complete faith in Mark and Donnie to right the ship. But first, Luka and KP have to go out there and show that they are worthy of being mentioned as a primetime duo for the rest of the league to take note.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is what drives me nuts. How they can’t figure out you need assets and a mix of results before a big FA will consider you a destination is beyond me. Just having space will never entice a player. And we’ve seen it takes all of an hour to clear room when needed for a big FA.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I like how people are talking about Iggy like it isn’t something Fish just made up... There are no concrete rumors, Memphis has zero motivation to trade him for Lee, and Iggy could easily find himself a better fit elsewhere. This story has no legs.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I like how people are talking about Iggy like it isn’t something Fish just made up... There are no concrete rumors, Memphis has zero motivation to trade him for Lee, and Iggy could easily find himself a better fit elsewhere. This story has no legs.
I don't like it. People should know better than to want him here. There are plenty of other things we can waste our time on.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #7
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The only thing that makes me think that it might have legs is that Tim MacMahon also reported the Mavs were interested on getting Iggy from Memphis a week ago

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...44368645742592

But who knows, we'll have to wait and see

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #9
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

The whole thing should be viewed as largely about dumping Lee's contract, and a lot less about acquiring Iggy.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
The whole thing should be viewed as largely about dumping Lee's contract, and a lot less about acquiring Iggy.
Fish reports the Mavs trading a 3rd round pick for Iggy.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I understand people's disappointment with the lack of success in the free agent market, but everyone needs to understand that the Mavs are just another team now like any other. We don't stand out in any way shape or form. Teams can be attractive to star free agents in one of two ways- #1- be a title contender, #2- be located in either New York or Los Angeles. That's really it. Literally everyone else in the NBA has to rely on the draft and trades to build a roster. The Mavs haven't been #1 in many years now, and will never be #2. People seem to think that Luka and KP together make Dallas a more attractive destination than before. It doesn't. Luka and KP haven't played a single NBA minute together. There is absolutely zero guarantee that they will be successful together, especially given KP's injury history. As of right now the Mavs are a lottery team that didn't have pick this year. Nothing more.

Kemba was never a very realistic possibility. Danny Green chose the Lakers, like countless others before him. After that, who else was there really? And what exactly do the Mavs have to offer that countless other teams don't? We're just another team with cap room. Disappointment is understandable, but the constant hand-wringing about how horribly the Mavs have failed in free agency is a bit silly.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Kemba was never a very realistic possibility.
Pretty much every rumor/report, reliable or not, pointed at Kemba being a Mav before Horford opted out. I suppose he could have gone to another team like the Lakers, but the rumors seemed pretty legit.

The fact that Cuban admitted Kemba was their first choice pretty well reinforces their confidence in getting him.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty much every rumor/report, reliable [i]or not,[/b] pointed at Kemba being a Mav before Horford opted out. I suppose he could have gone to another team like the Lakers, but the rumors seemed pretty legit.
The words in bold are the key words in that sentence. I'll be honest, I haven't really been following the offseason all that closely in terms of rumors or reports. I only took interest after things started actually happening. So apparently there was a lot going on I didn't know about, but I for one never thought Kemba was coming here. Again, we're just another bad team with cap room. Why would he choose the Mavs over anyone else?

Quote:
The fact that Cuban admitted Kemba was their first choice pretty well reinforces their confidence in getting him.
Does it? To me that's Cuban stating a very obvious fact, nothing more. It was only common sense for Kemba to be the Mavs top target.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #14
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

Not really. Cuban's reaction was silly. Fans have a right to be disappointed. The FO laid it on too thick. That's their fault, no one else's.

Last edited by texasbball; 07-11-2019 at 05:48 PM.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #15
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbball View Post
Not really. Cuban's reaction was silly. Fans have a eight to be disappointed. The FO laid it on too thick. That's their fault, no one else's.
OK, we get it. We don't disagree. But pouting about it gets old.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #16
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, we get it. We don't disagree. But pouting about it gets old.
Pouting about others pouting gets old even faster
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #17
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

Between Mark and Don Jr., we were promised big things. Personally, I'm not that disappointed or anything. Out of my control. But the language was so direct. They should have hedged if they didn't want such reactions. I don't hate the FO, I just think they made a mistake. Twice.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #18
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbball View Post
Between Mark and Don Jr., we were promised big things. Personally, I'm not that disappointed or anything. Out of my control. But the language was so direct. They should have hedged if they didn't want such reactions. I don't hate the FO, I just think they made a mistake. Twice.
Mr. Shark Tank should know the fundamentals of business 101, and that includes "underpromise and overdeliver." SMH
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Someone created a poll so we can all vote if we dislike and think the FA was a fail or not, then we can move forward since everyone will be on record.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #20
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Just saw this which sheds light on Dallas as a free agency destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX19vN_Iey8&t

You cannot attract mainstream talent when you are not in the mainstream conversation. Is it really a surprise that the two super talents Dallas did manage to obtain recently are the two "international" stars that are under-valued, under-appreciated and basically ignored by the mainstream media narrative? Crumbs, really.
Oh, wait a second, Dirk was an international superstar too. hmmmm.
Wake up, smell the roses.

But, for this, in the end, the ultimate victory will feel ever so sweeter.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 07-11-2019 at 07:14 PM.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #21
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Westbrook to Houston for CP3 and a load of picks. Wow
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:33 PM   #22
JJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Westbrook and Harden have cat fights over the ball.

Chris Paul gets to boss around a bunch of rookies.

I bet those locker rooms are fun.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
If this isn't absolute proof that plan powder doesn't work, then nothing is. No contract is untradeable in this league.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #24
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If this isn't absolute proof that plan powder doesn't work, then nothing is. No contract is untradeable in this league.
The way the league is now, if a player wants to play for your team, he will find a way to do it, no matter what. If they don’t want to play for you, you’re most likely not going to sell them on it. Clearly we don’t have many star level guys who want to play in Dallas, and that’s the issue (obviously)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's the 2nd and 3rd worst contracts in the league being swapped for each other lol. This trade makes the rockets worse
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
That's the 2nd and 3rd worst contracts in the league being swapped for each other lol. This trade makes the rockets worse
I mean, I get some of the RW hate, but this goes a bit too far. He is better than the current Chris Paul by quite a bit.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #27
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, I get some of the RW hate, but this goes a bit too far. He is better than the current Chris Paul by quite a bit.
But he's the worst high volume shooter in NBA history. He's not gonna have the ball and he's useless without it.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #28
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Their perimeter defense is going to be shit. Both not even try anymore
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #29
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Disagree. I think it makes them better.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I just want to point out that I was not wrong, this trade did in fact make the rockets worse.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #31
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just want to point out that I was not wrong, this trade did in fact make the rockets worse.
Based on what? If they win their next game, they will be on the same pace record wise as last season.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #32
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
TRUTH
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #33
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Why hell would you trade him out West to the Rockets and take back equally bad cp3 contract?
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #34
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Why hell would you trade him out West to the Rockets and take back equally bad cp3 contract?
They got an absolute shit ton of picks and swaps.

Sources: Pick protections in Thunder/Rockets, Russell Westbrook/Chris Paul trade:
2024 first round pick, protected 1-4
2026 first round pick, protected 1-4
2025 swap, 1-20 protected
2021 swap, protected 1-4 -- OKC can swap Clippers pick or Heat pick.

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 07-11-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:42 PM   #35
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

In 4-5 years rockets likely bad. They might get 1-4 pick
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:45 PM   #36
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
In 4-5 years rockets likely bad. They might get 1-4 pick
Most of the picks will be traded. OKC has gotten 8 first rounders this summer. Small market teams stack assets because they’re small market teams.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #37
JJP

Talent wide, Houston "shouldn't" have lost much, but this is a much different system he's walking into. Lots of new coaches as well. It's hard to predict which way they go.

OKC is going to be really messy for awhile, but the fan base should be able to enjoy draft night for the next several years.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #38
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talent wide, Houston "shouldn't" have lost much, but this is a much different system he's walking into. Lots of new coaches as well. It's hard to predict which way they go.
Imagine westbrick chucking even more 3s. lol

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #39
JJP

Well, for the record, it wasn't much of a trade except by talent. Both salaries were an identical match (although Russ has an extra year relative to Chris Paul). But I would agree that no contract is untradeable.

Harden only has one more year after this one, so it's hard to know what Houston will look like in a few years. I'd rather be OKC.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #40
JJP

OKC = From 2020 to 2026: 15 first-round picks and the swap rights in 4 years.

Tags
win now