Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #561
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Magic beat the Cavs!
I was pretty stoked when I saw this tonight!! CLE travels to ATL Fri for a game with the Hawks too. At this point, you can't mark any game down as a W for the Cavs. Let's go Hawks!!
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2018, 11:20 PM   #562
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
An MRI confirmed that Kristaps Porzingis tore the ACL in his left knee.
Thank God the Knicks already have 23 wins, or we'd have to add them to the group of teams we're fighting for the worst record in the leauge.

Man, they only have a handful of games left with bottom feeders. 2 games left with ORL, 1 game w/ CHI, 1 game w/ DAL, 1 game w/ SAC. Hopefully ORL can sweep those 2 remaining games with the Knicks.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks don't win anymore than 27 games this year. 19 of their 27 remaining games are vs playoff teams.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:24 PM   #563
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

So NYK is done.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #564
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Lou Williams, Clippers nearing extension before trade deadline
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...trade-deadline

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:51 AM   #565
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quite sad about Porzingis. It is rare for 7'1 and taller to go without such major injuries. Will be interesting to see how Boogie and KP are able to come back from that. Both of course are able to shoot threes, but are they able to stay healthy to carry their teams or not. It would make sense for Boogie to go to SAS to get some rest during games, at least with KP this injury was helped due to fatigue.

Lou could be moved after the extension.

Last edited by Thebo; 02-07-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #566
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Quite sad about Porzingis. It is rare for 7'1 and taller to go without such major injuries. Will be interesting to see how Boogie and KP are able to come back from that. Both of course are able to shoot threes, but are they able to stay healthy to carry their teams or not. It would make sense for Boogie to go to SAS to get some rest during games, at least with KP this injury was helped due to fatigue.

Lou could be moved after the extension.
Yeah I never understood having a guy play through injuries. I think we had a conversation in here a couple months back when Porzingis hit a wall and was openly complaining about being fatigued and people were giving him shit for it.

Why not trust your franchise guy? Or any guy for that matter. How hard is it to err on the side of caution? Knicks were chasing a non-existent spot with a banged up star. If Porzingis himself was pushing to play through injury I guess its a little different, though he doesn't strike me as that type.

Still give major props to Don Nelson, to this day, for keeping Dirk out of the WCF Spurs series after he got hurt.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #567
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks trade center Willy Hernangomez to Hornets
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kni...163051746.html

@ShamsCharania: Charlotte is sending its own 2020 and 2021 second-rounders to New York in Hernangomez deal.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #568
Underdog

What horrible fit, Charlotte better have another move coming or else this trade doesn't make any sense at all.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #569
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yeah I never understood having a guy play through injuries. I think we had a conversation in here a couple months back when Porzingis hit a wall and was openly complaining about being fatigued and people were giving him shit for it.

Why not trust your franchise guy? Or any guy for that matter. How hard is it to err on the side of caution? Knicks were chasing a non-existent spot with a banged up star. If Porzingis himself was pushing to play through injury I guess its a little different, though he doesn't strike me as that type.

Still give major props to Don Nelson, to this day, for keeping Dirk out of the WCF Spurs series after he got hurt.
I definitely questioned the notion of being fatigued, as every NBA player has gone through it. I'd never seen another player mention it was all. I'd 100% be on board with any decision to sit a guy if he mentioned fatigue during a grueling stretch. That, however, is highly doubtful to be the cause of a major injury such as an ACL in this case.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #570
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What horrible fit, Orlando better have another move coming or else this trade doesn't make any sense at all.
Orlando?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #571
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Two second rounders? Sheesh, a lot to give up for a guy drafted 35th. I know he showed promise last season, but that could easily be a fluke.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #572
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Orlando?
Charlotte... Damn, I was looking at other trade rumors and got my wires crossed before I posted.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #573
Underdog

@MarkDeeksNBA: Being told that New York were happy to settle for one second-round pick for Hernangomez as recently as "a few days ago", and that they rang around regularly asking for just that. So either

a) they got two bites and a small bidding war broke out, or:
b) Charlotte got overkeen.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #574
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Knicks trade center Willy Hernangomez to Hornets
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kni...163051746.html

@ShamsCharania: Charlotte is sending its own 2020 and 2021 second-rounders to New York in Hernangomez deal.
Dang, he would have been a good backup here.

Porzingis done for the year, maybe forever and they answer that by trading their backup?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-07-2018 at 03:05 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #575
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Charlotte... Damn, I was looking at other trade rumors and got my wires crossed before I posted.
No worries, more for clarification, because I agree. Strange fit for Charlotte and for Hernangomez who seemingly just wanted more PT to prove himself.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:35 PM   #576
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dang, he would have been a good backup here.

Porzingis done for the year, maybe forever and they answer that by trading their backup?
Right? It's all Hernangomez wanted was more PT and his shot. I'm guessing they got the offer of two 2nd rounders and took it thinking he was already wanting out, and perhaps this all was agreed to prior to Porzingis' injury.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #577
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Shams Charania: Sources: Clippers’ Lou Williams signed a three-year, $24 million extension, with $1.5M partial guarantee in year three. With this season included: four years, $31M
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #578
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shams Charania: Sources: Clippers’ Lou Williams signed a three-year, $24 million extension, with $1.5M partial guarantee in year three. With this season included: four years, $31M
So Seth should get 1 year, 5-7 million.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #579
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All right that’s our first look at what contracts are going to look like this summer. By my reckoning, in a normal summer, Lou would be worth 12m per let’s say. Maybe more. So it’s about a third off. It’s an extension so a little different, but still. So guys like Will Barton may go for around the same. Hezonja quite a bit less.

Anyone have any pet FA’s? I mentioned Jerami Grant before as a buy low guy I like. I’d really like to see us money whip Capela, just to fuck with Morey. But I think offering Aaron Gordon would be priority one. Capela #2. Trading for someone like Beal slightly less appealing due to losing assets
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:21 PM   #580
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
So Seth should get 1 year, 5-7 million.
Which all but guarantees he won't be a Mav next season...esp if he is willing to sign for the midlevel or vet min.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:03 AM   #581
Underdog

@TheSteinLine: The Clippers are seeking a first-round pick to surrender Avery Bradley, who just arrived in LA via last week's Blake Griffin blockbuster

@TheSteinLine: The Spurs have emerged as a trade suitor for the Clippers' Avery Bradley, according to league sources

Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 AM   #582
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
@TheSteinLine: The Clippers are seeking a first-round pick to surrender Avery Bradley, who just arrived in LA via last week's Blake Griffin blockbuster

@TheSteinLine: The Spurs have emerged as a trade suitor for the Clippers' Avery Bradley, according to league sources
FML if the Spurs get him. He's a perfect pop piece.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:08 AM   #583
Underdog

Some non-updates...

@wojespn: So far, the Lakers have turned down several teams offering second-round picks for Julius Randle, league sources tell ESPN. No one will offer a first with him headed into restricted free agency.

@wojespn: Teams reaching out to Memphis on Marc Gasol have been consistently shut down, league sources tell ESPN. Grizzlies refuse to discuss trades on the franchise center.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-08-2018 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:07 AM   #584
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Some non-updates...

@wojespn: Teams reaching out to Memphis on Marc Gasol have been consistently shut down, league sources tell ESPN. Grizzlies refuse to discuss trades on the franchise center.
Great to see Gasol get 37 minutes tonight & the Grizz stay competitive with the hottest team in the league right now, the Utah Jazz.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #585
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

There are too many teams offering up quality players for picks, so the Mavs basically have no shot at a first. Hell, the Griz want a first for effin' Tyreke Evans.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #586
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
There are too many teams offering up quality players for picks, so the Mavs basically have no shot at a first. Hell, the Griz want a first for effin' Tyreke Evans.
That has more to do with his contract than his abilities.

Also, there should be a big distinction between a 1st & a 2nd. The teams they're talking to are serious contenders who figure to pick at the very back end of each round. Why should they take a 2nd round pick at 56 for Evans? It's reasonable to ask for a late 1st round pick when he boosts their title chances, has a minuscule contract, and is off the books come July 1.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #587
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Default NBA Season 17-18: General Thread

Per Marc Stein

Quote:
The Spurs and Clippers have discussed a trade involving a first-round pick from San Antonio and Danny Green for Avery Bradley
Apparently, San Antonio is hesitant to part with their 1st round pick. I'd of thought they'd be more hesitant to part with Green.

I think Avery Bradley is the type of defender that folks here think Wes Matthews still is. I hear Wes getting trashed for his defense on other fan forums. I don't follow all of those defensive metrics (I'm sure the Spurs do tho), but apparently Wes doesn't rate very well in those anymore. If he did, maybe we'd be able to move him for a deal like this.

Also, it just dawned on me that maybe the main reason teams don't want to part with draft picks is because it's the cheapest way to fill out the back end of your bench & stay under the tax. I think next year we'll see a high percentage of players drafted make their team's roster, higher than normal, but it won't necessarily mean the players are more talented than normal.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #588
Underdog

@ShamsCharania: Sources: Detroit is sending center Willie Reed to the Bulls for Jameer Nelson, who shores up Pistons' PG rotation.

@ShamsCharania: Sources: As part of Jameer Nelson deal, Bulls and Pistons are swapping their second-round picks in 2022.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #589
saclare
Platinum Member

@wojespn: Pistons and Pelicans seriously discussing a Brice Johnson-Dante Cunningham deal, league sources tell ESPN.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #590
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Pistons are wheeling & dealing! Gotta put some butts in those seats at the brand new arena.

Too bad there aren't anymore teams with those kinda concerns we can exploit.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 02-08-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #591
Underdog

@TheSteinLine: They would likely need a third team to help facilitate, but the Raptors have tried to work their way into the DeAndre Jordan trade mix, league sources say

Old 02-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #592
saclare
Platinum Member

Not sure why the Spurs would part with Green AND a pick for Bradley. You'd think it would be either or considering Bradley is a rental. Unless the Spurs don't want Green opting in to $10mm next season?
Old 02-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #593
Underdog

@wojespn: Cleveland is staying persistent in trying to construct a Kemba Walker deal, but there remains no traction there, league sources tell ESPN. MIchael Jordan isn't easily parting with Walker.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #594
Underdog

@wojespn: Cleveland and Lakers in serious talks on a trade, league sources tell ESPN.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #595
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Not sure why the Spurs would part with Green AND a pick for Bradley. You'd think it would be either or considering Bradley is a rental. Unless the Spurs don't want Green opting in to $10mm next season?
Yeah that has to be the reason. Without Green's $10 mil next year, Spurs have roughly $14 mil under the cap. With Green's $10 mil, they can't offer a FA deal to anyone of substance without going over the cap. Also, with the market the way it is, they can probably resign Bradley at a reasonable figure.

Might see Rudy Gay moved today too. Because he can opt in to a $8.8 mil deal & if the Spurs can clear Green & Gay, then they can offer a serious contract to a coveted FA.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #596
Underdog

Exclamation

Quote:
@wojespn: Cleveland and Lakers in serious talks on a trade, league sources tell ESPN.
@wojespn: Cleveland is sending Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye to the Lakers for Clarkson and Nance, league source tells ESPN.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-08-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #597
Underdog

@wojespn: Cavaliers also sending its 2018 first-round pick in deal to Lakers, league sources tell ESPN.

@wojespn: Source: The Cavaliers 2018 first-round pick is protected.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-08-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #598
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wow, the Lakers just fleeced the dumbass Cavs. They'll likely have two max slots this summer AND got a first round pick out of it.

Something tells me Lebron isn't going be a GM after his career is over.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #599
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wow, the Lakers just fleeced the dumbass Cavs. They'll likely have two max slots this summer AND got a first round pick out of it.

Something tells me Lebron isn't going be a GM after his career is over.
Cavs might as well have just traded LeBron to LA in that deal...

@wojespn: Three impactful details on trade for Lakers: They'll have space for two max contract slots in 2018 or 2019, replenish first-round pick in 2018 Draft and gets Lakers some shooting for rest of season with Thomas and Frye.

@BobbyMarks42: The Lakers now take on the expiring $6.3M contract of Isaiah Thomas and $7.4M expiring contract of Channing Frye. The Lakers now project to have $46.9M in room this summer. The cap space will increase to $69M if they do not bring back Julius Randle and stretch the $37M owed to Luol Deng over 5 years.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-08-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #600
Underdog

@wojespn: Memphis has traded James Ennis to Detroit for Brice Johnson and a second-round pick, league sources tells ESPN.