Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-07-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Something I feel Needs to be Addressed

I've noticed that a few of the new members(i'm not saying any names) post pad because they see other people doing it. To the new members, I just want ya'll to know that the Gurus, Platinum members, Elite Member, etc. didn't get that way by just post-padding or typing half-ass post, they do it because the people who've been hear for a while know that they're just playin around, not to achieve a higher ranking. Now, a way that this could be dissolved is if PEOPLE STOP POST-PADDING.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2003, 07:17 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Something I feel Needs to be Addressed

There are different kinds of post-padding, Nash13.

But the one that must be prohibited here is when somebody, like Roger Staubach, posts several times, one after the other with a word or two without any contribution.

At least in the Word Association you have to associate words. (I have learnt some new words there)

In the Question or in the Count, you have to make some sense or be funny.

I think that the only post-padding posters who really are or come here, are the new ones (those who make use of it, the minority of the new ones, you know about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), not the old members. The old members who seem to be post-padding, always try to give you something, not trash.

Even LRB, who posted 200 or so in one day to become Elite, gave us something in every one.

Old 06-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

What you just said is exactly what i'm getting at. Like you and me have been here for almost a year now, so we'd know when it is or isn't funny or appropriate to post-pad, the new members don't. Some of them think everybody's doing it just to achieve a higher status.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 07:49 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
I've noticed that a few of the new members(i'm not saying any names) post pad because they see other people doing it. To the new members, I just want ya'll to know that the Gurus, Platinum members, Elite Member, etc. didn't get that way by just post-padding or typing half-ass post, they do it because the people who've been hear for a while know that they're just playin around, not to achieve a higher ranking. Now, a way that this could be dissolved is if PEOPLE STOP POST-PADDING.
Everyone does post-padding but I would love to see that in the lounge than in the mavs talk.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:12 PM   #5
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

maybe we should change the name to "The Pad" instead of the lounge....

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:32 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Nash13, thanks for bringing this up.

I've noticed that we've had an influx of brand new members lately and I'd like to extend a welcome to all of y'all. BUT.. these guys are right.. there are very, very FEW times where post-padding is even remotely considered humorous. PLEASE don't do it.

And PLEEEEEEASE don't junk up legitimate threads in the non-Lounge forums.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And PLEEEEEEASE don't junk up legitimate threads in the non-Lounge forums.
Amen brother Rhylan!!!!

Seriously, junking up a thread is never humorous. It's just downright rude and shows disrespect for everyone.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #8
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

I
Old 06-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #9
senorfrog

never
Old 06-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #10
senorfrog

I'm not drunk you shilly sit
senorfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #11
senorfrog

pad
Old 06-09-2003, 06:28 PM   #12
senorfrog

Contrary to popular belief, frogs don't like pads.
Thats actually the first time I've done padding...
Hell, I think I'm a super senior now.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

senorcow
Old 06-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed that there's too much post padding and ruining threads by old members as well.. not just new members.

It's getting old. There are a couple of threads here in the lounge in which you can post pad. And please, is there any good reason to have 5-6 post padding threads in the lounge going at once? Some of us actually take joy in coming to the lounge to post... but not when the only thing in here is stupid post padding threads
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote