Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Im now thinking of buying an unlocked iphone when they come out and continuing my service with T-mobile. I figure paying 200 more for a phone but getting an unlimited 3G data plan for 20/month in addition to my tiny talk plan (29.99-- 10 dollars cheaper than ATT's cheapest), is better overall than paying 480 more in monthly fees.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-10-2008 at 09:15 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #82
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead but I was reading some stuff and then looked on ebay. It's all new to me, so I was just wondering if you guys could give me some clairification on it all:

When people are selling unlocked phones, you would just be able to use that as your primary phone once your but your SIM card in and still get your normal plan and access, just with the iphone?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #83
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

heres what i've gathered. The new iPhone is 3G. Some of the iPhones on Ebay, are not the newer generation. I'm sure you know all this, just wanted to clarify. I believe if you have an unlocked iPhone you can use it on any cell network, as long as it does GSM.

Which companies have GSM in the USA?

There are two main companies that offer GSM service in the USA. AT&T and Cingular are now merged into one company, and the second company is T-Mobile.

If your service is with, eg, Sprint, Nextel, Verizon, or just about any other US wireless company, then you do not have GSM service and your phone can't be unlocked.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #84
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know it's not easily obtainable for the 3G unlocked. But there are the first generations of the iphone out there on ebay to buy that are unlocked...I'm just not sure how the whole process works.

I have AT&T/Cingular.
What I've heard is that if it's unlocked you can just plug the sim card in there and use it like normal. But how does that all work with the phone you were using...its just dead now? And you still have your full minutes and text packages you had with the original phone, it just goes to the iphone now?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #85
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Yeah, I know it's not easily obtainable for the 3G unlocked. But there are the first generations of the iphone out there on ebay to buy that are unlocked...I'm just not sure how the whole process works.

I have AT&T/Cingular.
What I've heard is that if it's unlocked you can just plug the sim card in there and use it like normal. But how does that all work with the phone you were using...its just dead now? And you still have your full minutes and text packages you had with the original phone, it just goes to the iphone now?
OK... I may be completely wrong here, but I'll take a shot at answering your questions. As of today, the 3G faster internet speeds are only available on the new iphone via AT&T, but considering the fact that the new Apple iphone firmware has reportedly been hacked, eventually you should be able to utilize an unlocked iphone 3G on other carriers, either through a simple exchange of sim cards, or else by utilizing hacked software fixes to make it work. That said, because the 3G iphone was just released yesterday, it will probably be months before any volume of unlocked 3G iphones appear on ebay or elsewhere, so that's kind of pie in the sky stuff for now unless you have a lot of money that you want to burn...

Of course, you could buy an older iphone on ebay today, but it would not work with the faster 3G speeds unless Apple upgrades the 1st generations firmware sometime in the near future (something that they will probably not do for many months, again assuming that it is even possible to make the original iphone work with 3G), and also, you will not receive any kind of price break on older unlocked iphones because Europeans and Asian are buying them in droves for use overseas and consequently they are usually selling for about $400-500 on ebay (I know, I have been following the prices waiting for them to fall for quite a few months now)...

Additionally, considering the fact that you are currently an AT&T customer, it really wouldn't make much sense for you to buy any unlocked phone, mainly because even if you were to buy an unlocked 3G iphone a couple of months from now when they are more readily available, it would probably cost you more than the $199 that AT&T is currently charging, and you would still have to pay the new fees to make it's internet functions work on their 3g network. And also, your minutes and text package should all transfer over automatically to a new phone when you move your sim card from phone to phone...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-13-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #86
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

have they still not addressed java?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #87
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

edit:

Last edited by MavsX; 07-13-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #88
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
OK... I may be completely wrong here, but I'll take a shot at answering your questions. As of today, the 3G faster internet speeds are only available on the new iphone via AT&T, but considering the fact that the new Apple iphone firmware has reportedly been hacked, eventually you should be able to utilize an unlocked iphone 3G on other carriers, either through a simple exchange of sim cards, or else by utilizing hacked software fixes to make it work. That said, because the 3G iphone was just released yesterday, it will probably be months before any volume of unlocked 3G iphones appear on ebay or elsewhere, so that's kind of pie in the sky stuff for now unless you have a lot of money that you want to burn...

Of course, you could buy an older iphone on ebay today, but it would not work with the faster 3G speeds unless Apple upgrades the 1st generations firmware sometime in the near future (something that they will probably not do for many months, again assuming that it is even possible to make the original iphone work with 3G), and also, you will not receive any kind of price break on older unlocked iphones because Europeans and Asian are buying them in droves for use overseas and consequently they are usually selling for about $400-500 on ebay (I know, I have been following the prices waiting for them to fall for quite a few months now)...

Additionally, considering the fact that you are currently an AT&T customer, it really wouldn't make much sense for you to buy any unlocked phone, mainly because even if you were to buy an unlocked 3G iphone a couple of months from now when they are more readily available, it would probably cost you more than the $199 that AT&T is currently charging, and you would still have to pay the new fees to make it's internet functions work on their 3g network. And also, your minutes and text package should all transfer over automatically to a new phone when you move your sim card from phone to phone...
Thanks. I do know it's a pie in the sky idea to try to hope to get a 3G on ebay right now and if I do, you're looking in the 1,000s for price...and I'm definitely not doing that.

Didn't know the demand for them was strong for the older unlocked iPhones...interesting. I thought it might be a little less than that.

The reason I'm looking at this all in the first place is because it's fine print from AT&T and a lot of the basic phones are available to upgrade to the new 3G at the 199 price. It's mainly people with Smart Phones. So...I would have to put down right away about 400 for the phone itself. Then you're looking at the minutes and the text packages. It's getting up to about 6 or 700. So I was just wondering if it was going to be worth it to look at the older iPhone. I don't remember the exact number, but its at the very least in that range.

So...I guess it's not really worth it? Just go for the new one.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #89
MavsX
Diamond Member

i wanna get an iPhone, they are sweet. But ugh, i'm just gonna wait i guess.

plus i'm on sprint, so i need to get off sprint first.

i hate sprint. I have hated them for like literally 5+ years. They are awful. If any of you peeps work for sprint, then i apologize.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #90
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i hate sprint. I have hated them for like literally 5+ years.
it's your own fault

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #91
BGMaverick9
Guru

ouch.

I really hate fees, they just add up like a mo-fo. I thought it might've been a deal to go for the older iphone but Evilmav2 is right about the value of them on ebay. It's like a 2 or 300 dollar difference compared to my situation of getting the new one.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #92
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
have they still not addressed java?
?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #93
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
?
When you googled iphone, and java, it didn't turn up anything about it?

Weird.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #94
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

no, but this came up on google without me typing anything. go figure.

Link
Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #95
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
it's your own fault

i know. cry
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #96
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I love my iPhone. The 2.0 software is beautiful.

Also from what I heard (rumors) about hacked/unlocked iPhones...is that you cannot update the firmware/software as easily if at all.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #97
MavsX
Diamond Member

alright how much does the iPhone cost. I'm seriously considering doing it. I am not a AT&T customer, so it would be a 'new account'

from what i've read the 16GB is like $499. Plus $36 bones for activation. Plus $59.99 for the 900 plan, plus a $30 dollar data plan, plus $15 for 1500 messages?

so....$105 per month. So like close to 7 bills when you first sign up? anybody?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #98
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

you only pay for the phone upfront 16 GB is $299...pending credit checks

$36 activation and first month service is billed to you after the first month

and yes $30 Data plan, $15 for 1500 txts or $5 for 200 txts or $20 for unlimited
Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #99
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
you only pay for the phone upfront 16 GB is $299...pending credit checks

$36 activation and first month service is billed to you after the first month

and yes $30 Data plan, $15 for 1500 txts or $5 for 200 txts or $20 for unlimited

I thought $299 was if your upgrading as a current AT&T and $499.99 if not. ??? Are you sure it is only $299.99 I've spent a lot of time on both att.com and apple.com and both sites are worthless/confusing. And half of their pages, just link back to themselves.

on the data plan, i saw the enterprise plan for $45 bones. Is that one plan or the other, or do you have to have both? I would assume it is one or the other. I'm interested in the cisco ipsec vpn and the wpa2 of course. Ugh...well if it was 299, that would be a bit easier to justify to myself. Plus of course voice plan too.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #100
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
I thought $299 was if your upgrading as a current AT&T and $499.99 if not. ??? Are you sure it is only $299.99 I've spent a lot of time on both att.com and apple.com and both sites are worthless/confusing. And half of their pages, just link back to themselves.

on the data plan, i saw the enterprise plan for $45 bones. Is that one plan or the other, or do you have to have both? I would assume it is one or the other. I'm interested in the cisco ipsec vpn and the wpa2 of course. Ugh...well if it was 299, that would be a bit easier to justify to myself. Plus of course voice plan too.
No. If you go to the apple store or AT&T store..you get the 16GB iPhone (White or Black) for 299.99. The 8GB (Black only) is 199.99.

I recommend going to Apple store...believe it or not they know more about it.

You also have to get a Data plan with your existing plan. But since you are a new customer you can have...This is single person plan...NOT Family...Family pricing is different

It comes with unlimited Web/Data/Email/Visual Voicemail (dunno what that is yet)
Rollover for unused minutes

450 Anytime Minutes / 5000 Nights and weekend for $69.99 (essentially 39.99 voice + 30 data)
900 Anytime Minutes / Unlimited Ngihts and weekend for 89.99 (essentially 59.99 voice +30 data)
1350 Anytime Minutes / UL N&W for 109.99 (79.99 voice + 30 data)

I just got the 450 plan + 200 Text messages for $75 + Tax a month.

http://www.wireless.att.com:80/cell-...phone-info.jsp

I do not know anyone wiht the enterprise data plan..so i don't know about that but..

That sounds like a corporate plan...I know my work does not allow me to access email outside of my work computer so it is pointless for me to do it.

But unless you get APPLE MOBILEME... there really is NOT push email like Blackberrys. The Mail program for iPhone can be set to check for mail every 15 minutes. and it works great with my gmail.

Last edited by nikeball; 07-28-2008 at 11:22 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

When I called customer service a few days ago, they said my phone isn't eligible for the cheap upgrade 199 (8GB) but I'm still eligible to upgrade in general.

She quoted 399 for the 8GB
with and 18 dollar upgrade fee
30 dollars/mo for the internet access

That's basically what will be added for me to upgrade. My minutes plan and text plan won't cost any more than what they are now.

Now the loophole I'm wondering if I can get around is I know a friend who works at apple and he said in about 2-3 weeks the phone will be available for employee discounts to offer to friends and family. I'm not sure if it's going to be at the base 199 (8GB) price or what, but whatever the starting price is he can take off roughly 15 percent off.

Do you think I'll be able to bring that iPhone to AT&T and just have to pay the 18 for the upgrade and 30 for the internet and get a cheaper deal than the 399?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-28-2008 at 11:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 AM   #102
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
When I called customer service a few days ago, they said my phone isn't eligible for the cheap upgrade 199 (8GB) but I'm still eligible to upgrade in general.

She quoted 399 for the 8GB
with and 18 dollar upgrade fee
30 dollars/mo for the internet access

That's basically what will be added for me to upgrade. My minutes plan and text plan won't cost any more than what they are now.

Now the loophole I'm wondering if I can get around is I know a friend who works at apple and he said in about 2-3 weeks the phone will be available for employee discounts to offer to friends and family. I'm not sure if it's going to be at the base 199 (8GB) price or what, but whatever the starting price is he can take off roughly 15 percent off.

Do you think I'll be able to bring that iPhone to AT&T and just have to pay the 18 for the upgrade and 30 for the internet and get a cheaper deal than the 399?

Trust me. GO TO THE APPLE STORE. There is a reason why the lines were packed at Apple stores on release days. They were better fit to answer questions and activate phones..if there were problems and such.

You don't need to "upgrade".. "porting" your number is free. I have had friends who had ATT and/or the iPhone. All they did was pay for the $199 or $299 for their phones. .. and add a data plan if they did not hae it.

Customer service is trying to squeeze more money out of you.

I believe if you buy the phone without any contract it is $599.

Last edited by nikeball; 07-29-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #103
MavsX
Diamond Member

thanks nike. Also one thing i forgot to mention. Did you get the monthly phone insurance? I believe it is $4.99 a month? Seems like a pretty good thing to have, in case your iPhone gets crushed. I guess it depends on what the insurance covers.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #104
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
thanks nike. Also one thing i forgot to mention. Did you get the monthly phone insurance? I believe it is $4.99 a month? Seems like a pretty good thing to have, in case your iPhone gets crushed. I guess it depends on what the insurance covers.
I had the insurance with Sprint for my Palm Treo and I should not have gotten it. It was such a hassle to get things fixed and I believe they make you tack on an additional contract to get your phone replaced (if it was broken or stolen).

However..Apple has warranty on the iPhone for 1 Year and you can purchase an additional year for I believe $79 (You can purchase "Applecare" anytime within the first calendar year - for my Macbook Pro I waited til 11 months and 25 days). Apple's customer service imo...is probably one of the best out there. I did NOT get Applecare because I figure in about 1 year - 1.5 years an updated iPhone will be out by then (since most apple products = 15 months for new products) I will just invest that $79 in a new iPhone if it craps out on me. And then probably sell it on eBay as "slightly used." lol.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
Old 07-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #105
nikeball
Platinum Member

double post. d-m was laaaaaaaaagging bad.

Last edited by nikeball; 07-29-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #106
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
I had the insurance with Sprint for my Palm Treo and I should not have gotten it. It was such a hassle to get things fixed and I believe they make you tack on an additional contract to get your phone replaced (if it was broken or stolen).

However..Apple has warranty on the iPhone for 1 Year and you can purchase an additional year for I believe $79 (You can purchase "Applecare" anytime within the first calendar year - for my Macbook Pro I waited til 11 months and 25 days). Apple's customer service imo...is probably one of the best out there. I did NOT get Applecare because I figure in about 1 year - 1.5 years an updated iPhone will be out by then (since most apple products = 15 months for new products) I will just invest that $79 in a new iPhone if it craps out on me. And then probably sell it on eBay as "slightly used." lol.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
Alright, thanks man i had a treo 650 as well. with the insurance. I believe when i got a new one via the insurance..it was refurbished..which i was not happy about.

also, that website you linked is cool. I've had thoughts of buying a new nano(for working out only), but they mention not to buy it, because new crap is coming out. sweet.

thanks again man.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #107
nikeball
Platinum Member

No prob....

There are some pretty good Applications to download for free when you get your iphone...maybe some d-m tech expert can write one for the mavs..scores, updates, news, articles, pictures etc... q=D

Also...don't buy your case from the Apple store. They are overpriced. You can find them usually for cheaper straight from the manufacturer...and there may be online coupons.

Last edited by nikeball; 07-29-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #108
MavsX
Diamond Member

yeah. sounds good. Well i'll let you know what happens in the next few months.

right now i have a work issued blackberry 8800, work issued motorola razor

and a personal sprint blade(a900)...so i'm like..do i need more devices. (can you tell i'm in IT??) ha

i've had thoughts of killing the sprint phone, and just using work phones..but i think they might get mad..so that is why i'm thinking about getting a new phone..and switch to AT&T..and if i am getting a new phone..might as well get an iPhone. it's genius

Last edited by MavsX; 07-29-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #109
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Trust me. GO TO THE APPLE STORE. There is a reason why the lines were packed at Apple stores on release days. They were better fit to answer questions and activate phones..if there were problems and such.

You don't need to "upgrade".. "porting" your number is free. I have had friends who had ATT and/or the iPhone. All they did was pay for the $199 or $299 for their phones. .. and add a data plan if they did not hae it.

Customer service is trying to squeeze more money out of you.

I believe if you buy the phone without any contract it is $599.
So you're saying if I go to Apple then I would get it cheaper than 399?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:35 AM   #110
MavsX
Diamond Member

so you're saying i have a chance?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #111
BGMaverick9
Guru

lol...yeah, that's what I'm asking!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #112
nikeball
Platinum Member

Yes it is $299 for 16GB and $199 for 8GB

$399/$499 was the previous price..Apple/ATT reached agreement to subsidize the phone..with a contract...thus an increase in price of plan...
Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #113
BGMaverick9
Guru

Well I'm already an existing AT&T member, I don't know if I mentioned that or not.

Don't you have to take the phone to an AT&T store to get it online and working and everything, even if you buy it at an apple store? Was the deal you mentioned in post #100 an increase from what you were originally going to do? B/c that deal in post 100 is basically my deal now, but instead of 5 dollars for texts, it's 20 b/c I do unlimited.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #114
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well I'm already an existing AT&T member, I don't know if I mentioned that or not.

Don't you have to take the phone to an AT&T store to get it online and working and everything, even if you buy it at an apple store? Was the deal you mentioned in post #100 an increase from what you were originally going to do? B/c that deal in post 100 is basically my deal now, but instead of 5 dollars for texts, it's 20 b/c I do unlimited.
They will activate it for you at the Apple store. You have to activate the phone where you purchased it. They do this to prevent people from buying the phone and unlocking it.

I don't know what you meant by "increase" but...the price did go up from 59.99 (original iPhone) to 69.99 for iPhone 3G. If you have an AT&T number..it is the easiest to get your iPhone activated and working. You wouldn't have to enter in your info and do a credit check. You just purchase it, pick a plan, keep your number, and activate it.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #115
MavsX
Diamond Member

i think i'm going to hold off on the iPhone.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So did anyone actually get one of these abominations?

My wife's contract is up soon and she's starting to get annoying...I'm thinking of caving, but I'm concerned with all the reports of dropped calls and poor network coverage recently.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #117
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
So did anyone actually get one of these abominations?

My wife's contract is up soon and she's starting to get annoying...I'm thinking of caving, but I'm concerned with all the reports of dropped calls and poor network coverage recently.
I picked one last week and I'm loving it so far. The App store is greatness.

I haven't had any dropped calls or reception issues but, like Prop Joe and Stringer Bell, I don't talk on the phone much.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #118
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I picked one last week and I'm loving it so far. The App store is greatness.

I haven't had any dropped calls or reception issues but, like Prop Joe and Stringer Bell, I don't talk on the phone much.
But do you carry around a bag of SIM cards......

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You guys almost make me regret not paying for HBO...or Showtime, or whatever that show is on.

But not quite.

Looking for some more iPhone testimonials...
Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #120
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
But do you carry around a bag of SIM cards......
No I'm old school...I use pay phones.