Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-31-2019, 11:29 PM   #41
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Least I was spot on with Ayton

Luckily missed Doncic by a mile. Thought he’d be great but not superb. Also thought that him coming would mean we’d need to revamp the whole roster around him— well I got one thing right.
Just busting your chops - I am wrong most of the time about most subjects when looking back through old posts. Fun to see how good or bad the takes age. Doncic + KP + future FA = contender
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #42
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the old takes on Luka is so much fun. I said this in the main section, but I'm convinced that anyone who didn't think Luka had the potential to be a generational superstar probably didn't watch much of him in Europe- and believe me, I'm not judging anyone here because I had never even heard of him before starting seeing articles pop up with titles like, "The Dallas Mavericks may have the best player in the draft."

If anyone has the time, go on youtube and watch some of his games for Real Madrid or the Slovenian national team. Not just highlights, but whole games. He was INCREDIBLE. Absolutely breath-taking.

I guarantee if he had done these same things in the NCAA as a teenager, he would have been the most hyped prospect since Lebron. This kid was MVP and a champion of both Euroleague and Liga ACB and Eurobasket champion. He was named to the Euroleague all-decade team at 18-19 years old. If he retired right then at age 19 before ever playing in the NBA, he'd probably be a lock for the FIBA hall of fame, and honestly he might even be a candidate for the Naismith Hall of Fame too. There are less worthy players in there already.

Fortunately for us Mavs fans, Americans as a whole- not just fans, but apparently also a few NBA GMS and pretty much every talk show pundit- were ignorant of how much better Euroleague, Eurobasket, and Liga ACB are than the NCAA. We are so incredibly blessed as fans. We got Dirk for his entire career and now we got Luka. Dirk is a top 20 all time player, and Luka might honestly be top 10 someday.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 10-26-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:24 AM   #43
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Just busting your chops - I am wrong most of the time about most subjects when looking back through old posts. Fun to see how good or bad the takes age. Doncic + KP + future FA = contender
I guess the joke was on me
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:37 PM   #44
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I guess the joke was on me
Depends on who Future FA is, someone like Kawhi or KD and you still could be correct.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Least I was spot on with Ayton

Luckily missed Doncic by a mile. Thought he’d be great but not superb. Also thought that him coming would mean we’d need to revamp the whole roster around him— well I got one thing right.
Which part were you right abut Ayton?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm glad I didn't partake in this thread......I was high on Bagley and Jaren Jackson.....I thought Luka had a ceiling of Ginobilli...thought Ayton wouldn't have a place in this league lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:22 PM   #47
FredAsh49

FredAsh49 is on a distinguished road

Ayton has had a lot of help from CP3 and gravity of booker to help out but still not convinced. the others guys are duds like i thought in the draft. Young has been good.

Suns still look good for regular season. Golden state and Lebron will be different in the playoffs. Luka also of course.

Last edited by FredAsh49; 12-22-2021 at 11:30 AM.
FredAsh49 is offline   Reply With Quote