View Poll Results: Let's Go Mavs
Let's 3 50.00%
Go 2 33.33%
Mavs 5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2022, 09:55 PM   #81
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

welp this game is over

the Mavs look like they spent their time off partying and still celebrating their win over Phoenix
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2022, 09:55 PM   #82
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol well I’m done. Let’s hope adjustments aren’t made before game 2, or this will be a short series. Hopefully the 3 ball starts falling too.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:56 PM   #83
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Why does it feel like this game is still not out of reach? Am I delusional?
Update: game is completely out of reach.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:56 PM   #84
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
Poole walks again. How are these refs missing this? Before he jumps, he has already lifted his pivot foot.
I said the same thing to myself. Did he not just do the exact same thing you missed last time? Refs just want to go home at this point.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #85
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Hated the officiating this game. Not saying its the reason for the loss....but I really hated it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #86
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Poole walks again. How are these refs missing this? Before he jumps, he has already lifted his pivot foot.
NBA hasn't called travel consistently in 40 years lol. It ain't getting called now.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #87
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I sure hope Luka and Boban can stay away from the beer before game 2
Old 05-18-2022, 10:02 PM   #88
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Time to call this. Mavs have started each series slow so I’m not surprised. Get the guys some rest and let the Warriors walk away with a false sense of security.
Yep, they can’t keep starting this and getting away with it. Especially with not having the home court edge. It’s clearly over and I’d let Luka rest. He’s looked a half step slow all night for some reason.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:04 PM   #89
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
NBA hasn't called travel consistently in 40 years lol. It ain't getting called now.
I agree but I feel Pooles are blatant calls. If they don’t set the tone, he’s going to do this every game.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #90
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree but I feel Pooles are blatant calls. If they don’t set the tone, he’s going to do this every game.
Yeah they aren't calling that. Hopefully in Dallas.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #91
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I sure hope Luka and Boban can stay away from the beer before game 2
Luka has looked sluggish today. I can forgive them. At the end of the day Warriors are fresh and we are just getting off our series. Game 2 should be much better.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #92
Dallas41
Diamond Member

LUka continues to shoot the technical fouls despite being a 65% FT shooter
Old 05-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #93
BPo001
Diamond Member

Why is Luka taking the free throws on a technical?
Old 05-18-2022, 10:07 PM   #94
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Luka has looked sluggish today. I can forgive them. At the end of the day Warriors are fresh and we are just getting off our series. Game 2 should be much better.
that's what happens when you spend your day chugging down beers with Boban

Old 05-18-2022, 10:08 PM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Weirdly discombobulated game. Eh well, we lost the first game of the last two series. Kidd knows how to adjust.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:08 PM   #96
BPo001
Diamond Member

I’d like to see DFS get more open 3 looks next game
Old 05-18-2022, 10:08 PM   #97
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's what happens when you spend your day chugging down beers with Boban

That was already debunked, but I assume you're joking.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:09 PM   #98
BPo001
Diamond Member

Just empty the bench
Old 05-18-2022, 10:11 PM   #99
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Weirdly discombobulated game. Eh well, we lost the first game of the last two series. Kidd knows how to adjust.
His 1st adjustment needs to be keeping Luka away from the beer and then doing the game make sure he's not the primary defender on Wiggins

That has to be the worst matchup you could have assigned for him defensively
Old 05-18-2022, 10:14 PM   #100
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more disappointed in giving up a layup line than any shortcomings on offense.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:21 PM   #101
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I'm more disappointed in giving up a layup line than any shortcomings on offense.
Yep I thought asking Luka to stay in front of Wiggins was just bad strategy and to make matters worse you know Powell provides no rim protection.

Bullock is facing a different animal in Curry compared to Paul but I think he'll figure things out eventually.

I doubt there's anything they can do with Luka on Wiggins which is why I think DFS should be on him and then take your chances with Luka on Klay or either slide him over to a big.

But if they continue to make him the primary guy on Wiggins they are going to be in trouble and the defense is always going to look bad
Old 05-18-2022, 10:29 PM   #102
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Without looking at any stats I can live with that. Today was about us not hitting our shots.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #103
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

Luka and DFS leading the team with 7 rebounds a piece. Steph Curry 12 rebounds lol.
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:48 PM   #104
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Without looking at any stats I can live with that. Today was about us not hitting our shots.
and not playing any defense

Golden St didn't start off shooting well either but they put forth a better defensive effort all game despite struggling from 3 point land.

The other issue is Curry out rebounded our entire team

How is that possible?
Old 05-18-2022, 10:50 PM   #105
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yep I thought asking Luka to stay in front of Wiggins was just bad strategy and to make matters worse you know Powell provides no rim protection.

Bullock is facing a different animal in Curry compared to Paul but I think he'll figure things out eventually.

I doubt there's anything they can do with Luka on Wiggins which is why I think DFS should be on him and then take your chances with Luka on Klay or either slide him over to a big.

But if they continue to make him the primary guy on Wiggins they are going to be in trouble and the defense is always going to look bad
My main concern with putting Luka on Klay is that Klay is constantly moving without the ball. Luka will just be burning energy chasing him around on D.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:45 PM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Luka and Kidds Mavs adjust and get better the longer they play

Had to get out the loss or two before beasting
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:19 AM   #107
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor defense

Poor spacing on offense.

GSW. Made some lucky ass shots in first half to help build a lead and bridge the gap until Klay or Steph started hitting.

Bullock and others are so far out of position on catch and shoot* 3s. You can't be 5 feet behind the 3pt line and not ready to pull.

Missing every 3 and most are wide open

No pressure offensively no quick attack. They're defense was rarely on their heels and often set.

Centeres are completely ineffective.

The others were Mia.

Luka making bad and slow decisions going into traffic

Dorian and Bullock were asleep on both ends. Dorian had a really low IQ game, they shot like ass.

Set a fuxking solid pick on Wiggins to get Luka free. Ffs

This was a top 2 frustrating loss in the playoffs so far. IMO.

The good news is, we are resilientand have been all season and especially during this run. Once we get the ball rolling in the right directions and strategy starts to work for us, the sky is the limit.

However in the offseason, we do need more multi tool guys with size and who can dribble out of trouble. We also need to incorporatemore motion in our offense.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-19-2022 at 07:20 AM. Reason: .
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:46 AM   #108
dubs fan comes in peace

dubs fan comes in peace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah they aren't calling that. Hopefully in Dallas.
He's walked his whole career and gotten away with it. It's more blatant than any player I've watched.
dubs fan comes in peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #109
Dallas41
Diamond Member

What I took away from game 1 is the Mavs unlike Memphis don't have as many guys on the floor to who can keep Curry, Wiggins, Poole and Klay from driving. The Grizzlies were able to force more bad shots because they could stay in front of people and they were quick enough to change directions on defense for those backcourt cut's.

The Mavs have just DFS and Bullock which is really good when your focus is just on 1-2 guys who could create their own offense but the Warriors have more than 1-2 guys so this series will be more difficult.

I will also repeat that I don't think it's a good coaching decision to use Luka on Wiggins. They were able to get away with Luka on Bridges but Wiggins offensive skill set is totally different.

Dude can operate from all 3 levels of the floor and put the ball on floor and attack.

Also, it's just one game but I was afraid the Mavs would be enticed into shooting even more 3's and get away from the Luka post up game and that is what happened in game 1.

I always get confused as to why the Mavs don't use him more inside because he's just as dominate as any true big although he's only 6'7. He gives you the same type of production as a Embiid or Ayton when you get him posting up a smaller player.

It's not a bad thing to work from inside out especially until a team proves they can stop him from posting up.

They came out and launched damn near 20 3's in the 1st Qtr without even trying to sniff the paint while the Warriors were spending time blowing by our guys when the 3's didn't fall.

I also have a lot to say to about Looney and how he just did all the simple things a big should do compared to our big's but it's not even worth the time getting frustrated over Powell or Bertans.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-19-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:51 AM   #110
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I took away from game 1 is the Mavs unlike Memphis don't have as many guys on the floor to who can keep Curry, Wiggins, Poole and Klay from driving. The Grizzlies were able to force more bad shots because they could stay in front of people and they were quick enough to change directions on defense for those backcourt cut's.

The Mavs have just DFS and Bullock which is really good when your focus is just on 1-2 guys who could create their own offense but the Warriors have more than 1-2 guys so this series will be more difficult.

I will also repeat that I don't think it's a good coaching decision to use Luka on Wiggins. They were able to get away with Luka on Bridges but Wiggins offensive skill set is totally different.

Dude can operate from all 3 levels of the floor and put the ball on floor and attack.

Also, it's just one game but I was afraid the Mavs would be enticed into shooting even more 3's and get away from the Luka post up game and that is what happened in game 1.

I always get confused as to why the Mavs don't use him more inside because he's just as dominate as any true big although he's only 6'7. He gives you the same type of production as a Embiid or Ayton when you get him posting up a smaller player.

It's not a bad thing to work from inside out especially until a team proves they can stop him from posting up.

They came out and launched damn near 20 3's in the 1st Qtr without even trying to sniff the paint while the Warriors were spending time blowing by our guys when the 3's didn't fall.

I also have a lot to say to about Looney and how he just did all the simple things a big should do compared to our big's but it's not even worth the time getting frustrated over Powell or Bertans.
Did you not see them swarm 3 guys when Luka got in the paint? Or when he posted and another guy came over quick? Also, zone threw the mavs off and played right into the Warriors hands launching a billion threes
Old 05-19-2022, 01:10 PM   #111
BPo001
Diamond Member

I’m not a fan of Dallas launching that many 3’s (especially to start the game), but a lot of those were really clean looks. They just missed.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #112
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When Bullock and DFS play that poorly on defense, it's just really hard for everyone else to scramble and recover. They're our best defenders and they looked lost and a step slow, Dorian especially. His highlight was a single putback.

Luka has to be better defensively too. I'd put him on Draymond but all that's doing is taking 3 seconds off the clock while they screen for the switch...then bam, Luka is back on Wiggins or Steph. He can't chase Klay or Steph around. He is going to have to just play better man defense and there's no way around it.

I'm still 100% on board with Luka posting. Not posting from an iso out top at the 3pt line. I mean dump it in to him off some motion and spread. They can swarm all they want, the ball moves faster and you at least get them running all over to recover. Eventually it will break them down and tire them out. On top of that, if we are knocking down perimeter shots from swinging the ball inside out, it crushes the confidence in helping on Luka. They will be forced to hedge a bit instead of committing to double so they can stay in contact for a closeout.

GS did in fact hit some lucky shots and especially lucky mid range shots to get some momentum and push the lead beyond double digits. Otto with a running fade away off the glass accidentally. Wiggins, Poole and Klay hit contested shots while being covered fairly well so that helped counter all their missed free throws.

It's hard to win on the road at this level and nothing changes in regard to how we just absolutely HAVE to have the "others" step up.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-19-2022 at 01:54 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:43 PM   #113
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

It was a Suns demolition hangover and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we handily lost this series. Mavs have given everything, but Warriors talent is overall is better than ours by a good margin. We might might match up better than the first two teams, but the talent is definitely the big difference IMO.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:52 PM   #114
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
It was a Suns demolition hangover and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we handily lost this series. Mavs have given everything, but Warriors talent is overall is better than ours by a good margin. We might might match up better than the first two teams, but the talent is definitely the big difference IMO.
It'll never happen but you have to think moving Kleber into the starting lineup at least gives the Mavs 3 solid defenders on the floor to start off games.

That would at least allow you to move Luka over to Looney.

Kleber has defended guys like Leonard and George in the previous two post seasons and I think switching him over to Wiggins then allows less help defense.

Luka can't be any worse vs Looney compared to Powell to start off games. Dude was like 4/4 from the field and had like 3-4 offensive rebounds to get him started.

Brunson actually did a nice job on Draymond and I think both Bullock and DFS will up their defense in game 2.

Kleber also allows the Mavs to get into the offense they want to play right out of the gates.

Powell, Dinwiddie and Frank would be my primary 3 man bench unit. I still think Frank should mirror some of the minutes that Poole plays in order to get a solid defender on him.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:31 PM   #115
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
It'll never happen but you have to think moving Kleber into the starting lineup at least gives the Mavs 3 solid defenders on the floor to start off games.

That would at least allow you to move Luka over to Looney.

Kleber has defended guys like Leonard and George in the previous two post seasons and I think switching him over to Wiggins then allows less help defense.

Luka can't be any worse vs Looney compared to Powell to start off games. Dude was like 4/4 from the field and had like 3-4 offensive rebounds to get him started.

Brunson actually did a nice job on Draymond and I think both Bullock and DFS will up their defense in game 2.

Kleber also allows the Mavs to get into the offense they want to play right out of the gates.

Powell, Dinwiddie and Frank would be my primary 3 man bench unit. I still think Frank should mirror some of the minutes that Poole plays in order to get a solid defender on him.
As I've said, wanting Powell out of the starting lineup is akin to wanting Cuban to sell the team. It's just whistling in the wind. Maybe they try it if we go down 3-0, but it likely wouldn't matter at that point.

I'm almost scared that the Mavs don't try to upgrade Powell in the offseason...

Old 05-20-2022, 10:24 AM   #116
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
As I've said, wanting Powell out of the starting lineup is akin to wanting Cuban to sell the team. It's just whistling in the wind. Maybe they try it if we go down 3-0, but it likely wouldn't matter at that point.

I'm almost scared that the Mavs don't try to upgrade Powell in the offseason...
That's a scary thought that they might try to save money and decide Dwight is good enough to start again next year.

MMB made a great about him today vs Looney

Playing Kevon Looney off the floor
This is going to be a real short series if the Warriors big man contributes like he did Wednesday. It starts by Doncic hitting shots over him when he gets the mismatch. Looney’s not the fastest guy alive, Luka’s got to simply take it to him and trim the dancing. Dwight Powell has to do more than run around too; box out and go grab the dang ball. Looney’s defense at the rim was very important to the Warriors, so Dallas needs to find a way to either get him in foul trouble or make him unplayable but punishing him on switches.