Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #1041
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Suns played hard last night. Kind of hard to beat a top team without Booker, Warren, and Chandler. Oh well. At least Jackson looks a lot better and Chriss is still a solid piece, maybe they can squeak out a few of wins but I doubt they fall to us in the standings.

Given the seemingly ghost injuries above, and the Grizzlies 61 point loss while constantly sitting healthy players, I find Adam Silver to be a complete boob. Levies a hefty fine on Cuban for speaking out loud (again, dumb of Cuban, deserved it) yet allows these teams to sit healthy players? Something doesn't add up.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #1042
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Suns played hard last night. Kind of hard to beat a top team without Booker, Warren, and Chandler. Oh well. At least Jackson looks a lot better and Chriss is still a solid piece, maybe they can squeak out a few of wins but I doubt they fall to us in the standings.

Given the seemingly ghost injuries above, and the Grizzlies 61 point loss while constantly sitting healthy players, I find Adam Silver to be a complete boob. Levies a hefty fine on Cuban for speaking out loud (again, dumb of Cuban, deserved it) yet allows these teams to sit healthy players? Something doesn't add up.
At this point there is nothing Silver can do about it. When a team is mathematically out of the playoffs, then why would you NOT keep losing games? It's simple logic.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #1043
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was only part of my argument. We don't know what, if any feedback, he was getting. We only had a few mocks have him in the first round and that may have been premature.

The crux of his decision is likely skill based. He realizes he needs to work on several parts of his game and feels Arkansas is a better place for that at this time in his life. We can all argue NBA coaching or G league is better, but I'll never know as I haven't and won't ever be in the same position.
I feel you. Not saying one way is right or wrong. And you're right, we're not privy to what feedback he's getting. He also made the decision way early in the process which says to me he just wants to return to school, which is cool. Just probably not a great business decision. What if he went through the process and got interest from one of the teams with two lottery picks like LAC? Teams that can afford a high upside guy at pick 14 or 15 or 16.

Last edited by mac222b; 03-27-2018 at 12:24 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #1044
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Well our draft pick process just became more difficult...

Agent: LiAngelo Ball declares for 2018 NBA draft
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #1045
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I feel you. Not saying one way is right or wrong. And you're right, we're not privy to what feedback he's getting. He also made the decision way early in the process which says to me he just wants to return to school, which is cool. Just probably not a great business decision. What if he went through the process and got interest from one of the teams with two lottery picks like LAC? Teams that can afford a high upside guy at pick 14 or 15 or 16.
Oh yea. I wouldn't have minded his decision either way. I'm always of the feeling that if a player truthfully believes, either from feedback or otherwise, that he will be taken top 15 or even 20, then they should go. He must have been hearing different or, like you said, maybe he just wanted to be at Arkansas one more year. School is cool.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #1046
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Well our draft pick process just became more difficult...

Agent: LiAngelo Ball declares for 2018 NBA draft
I thought Daddy Ball already said that all his kids are going to the same team. Doesn't that mean that LA is drafting him ... with either the 25th or 46th pick i guess.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #1047
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I thought Daddy Ball already said that all his kids are going to the same team. Doesn't that mean that LA is drafting him ... with either the 25th or 46th pick i guess.
"I want all my three boys to play for the Lakers. But if that does not happen, I'm telling you the story what's gonna happen first. If they don't take Gelo this year, I bring Gelo here to play with Melo for two years. Lonzo will be on his third year and I want let ever NBA team know that Lonzo is not going to resign (sic) with the Lakers but will go to any team taht will take all of my three boys. That's my plan. Lonzo plays best when he is with his brother. Why wouldn't—he is a hell of a shooter. They don't play the same position. You see how successful he was when he was with his brother?"
Old 03-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #1048
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I want all my three boys to play for the Lakers. But if that does not happen, I'm telling you the story what's gonna happen first. If they don't take Gelo this year, I bring Gelo here to play with Melo for two years. Lonzo will be on his third year and I want let ever NBA team know that Lonzo is not going to resign (sic) with the Lakers but will go to any team taht will take all of my three boys. That's my plan. Lonzo plays best when he is with his brother. Why wouldn't—he is a hell of a shooter. They don't play the same position. You see how successful he was when he was with his brother?"
Please tell me this isn’t a real quote.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #1049
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Please tell me this isn’t a real quote.
Sorry. Should have posted the source.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...melo-same-team
Old 03-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #1050
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere but Dallas.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #1051
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry. Should have posted the source.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...melo-same-team

Jesus that guy makes my Asian tiger mom seem like the most hands-off parent of all time. What a douche.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #1052
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@kbohls: Mo Bamba said, "That'd be awesome," when asked if he'd like to be drafted by the Dallas Mavericks.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #1053
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@kbohls: Mo Bamba said, "That'd be awesome," when asked if he'd like to be drafted by the Dallas Mavericks.
That’s my guy. Hope we pick high enough to get him.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #1054
Underdog

Quote:
That’s my guy. Hope we pick high enough to get him.
Bamba isn't my top pick (maybe not even top-5), but I wouldn't be mad at all if we ended up drafting him.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:40 AM   #1055
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He just reeks of a Donnie Nelson pick.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #1056
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

The Mantis, part 2 ???
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #1057
saclare
Platinum Member

Bamba will be a very good pro with the potential to be great. A lot to love and work with there.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:09 AM   #1058
BPo001
Diamond Member

Miles Bridges declared for the draft.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:12 AM   #1059
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

A strong case for Bamba is what Gobert is doing right now for Utah. Utah is 11-15 when Gobert doesn't play and 31-17 with him per TMAC.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #1060
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
A strong case for Bamba is what Gobert is doing right now for Utah. Utah is 11-15 when Gobert doesn't play and 31-17 with him per TMAC.
That's pretty incredible. I didn't know he had that type of impact tbh.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:17 PM   #1061
BPo001
Diamond Member

Bagley declares.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #1062
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
That's pretty incredible. I didn't know he had that type of impact tbh.
I'm sure there are other variables involved, but it's a glimmer of hope that defensive players/centers still have a spot in today's league. Bamba is going to alter shots like acid alters minds. The fact that his fouls per game are so low for how many shots he blocks is nothing short of amazing.

But for me, Bamba is a guy that fans will love with his exciting dunks/blocks. Putting fans in the seats is definitely important part of who you pick.

My biggest concern are those skinny legs and knees. His physique screams knee/leg injuries so he'll have to try and bulk up.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-28-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:45 PM   #1063
BPo001
Diamond Member

Wow. Grizzlies beat Portland. Brooklyn edged out Orlando.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:48 PM   #1064
Underdog

Quote:
Happy about the Nets win -- puts us a little more behind Orlando, but gives us some breathing space ahead of Brooklyn... Need to finish top-5 just in case the lotto balls conspire against us.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #1065
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Feel like the Griz are just winning meaningless games even though that have a huge edge in the lottery. Just doing it to please Pinky.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:32 PM   #1066
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Feel like the Griz are just winning meaningless games even though that have a huge edge in the lottery. Just doing it to please Pinky.
I don't know. That gives them 21 wins which ties them with Atlanta for 2nd worst. Phoenix has 19 wins. Orlando is sitting at 22 wins. They win a couple more and they could hurt their chances at a higher pick. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #1067
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I don't know. That gives them 21 wins which ties them with Atlanta for 2nd worst. Phoenix has 19 wins. Orlando is sitting at 22 wins. They win a couple more and they could hurt their chances at a higher pick. Fingers crossed!
Perhaps Pinky has already warned them?

Pinky and the brain....brain....brain...brain...brain!

Old 03-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #1068
saclare
Platinum Member

Hmmm I sense a trend...

https://sports.yahoo.com/projected-t...193725979.html
Old 03-29-2018, 05:16 PM   #1069
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't see much downside to it. He will get solid coaching from coaches who run NBA style systems. Should have access to good training facilities and will get to play against some NBA caliber talent. Will he be able to sign a contract with a team and get paid? I assume he would. I imagine we see players follow in his footsteps. Could help us from seeing the one and done in NCAA as well.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:40 AM   #1070
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see much downside to it. He will get solid coaching from coaches who run NBA style systems. Should have access to good training facilities and will get to play against some NBA caliber talent. Will he be able to sign a contract with a team and get paid? I assume he would. I imagine we see players follow in his footsteps. Could help us from seeing the one and done in NCAA as well.
I don’t have a problem with it, but how many g leaguers actually hit it big? NBA teams may be hesitant. Will be interesting to see it play out for him
Old 03-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #1071
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I don’t have a problem with it, but how many g leaguers actually hit it big? NBA teams may be hesitant. Will be interesting to see it play out for him
I don't think teams will be hesitant. If you can play it will show. I think you could make the argument that the overall competition will be tougher and they will be playing against pro style defenses as opposed to zone defenses like most college teams play. Potential drafting teams will speak with the coaching staff too as well I'm sure to get their opinions on the player. I agree though it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #1072
mac222b
Diamond Member

As a Syracuse native and diehard fan for over 40 years, I'm gutted. We had a great shot a making one last title run during Boeheim's tenure next season with Bazley. Such a strange decision. No March Madness or 30,000 fans vs. Duke and UNC at the Carrier Dome for him-- he'll be playing in front of handfuls of people for the Canton Charge or against the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants?

Also, similar to the DeAndre situation for us only worse, he left us holding the bag with no other options. The top 200 recruits are all signed. Likely lesser, but still top 50- 100, wings looked elsewhere after we signed a top 10 recruit at their position.

Also, what is the incentive, other than maybe selling a few extra tickets, to a G- League team developing him for most likely another franchise?
Old 03-30-2018, 10:42 AM   #1073
mac222b
Diamond Member

The other strange things about the Bazley decision: at the McDonald's All American Game- the night before he announced this decision(!)he gave an interview talking about playing for SU next season and Syracuse was tweeting out stats and info about his performance. So he knew he was leaving and was talking about how he was excited to play with specific players next season. And the coaching staff, players etc. had no clue he was even considering this.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:50 AM   #1074
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
The other strange things about the Bazley decision: at the McDonald's All American Game- the night before he announced this decision(!)he gave an interview talking about playing for SU next season and Syracuse was tweeting out stats and info about his performance. So he knew he was leaving and was talking about how he was excited to play with specific players next season. And the coaching staff, players etc. had no clue he was even considering this.

That was a poor way to go about it.

That being said, while you can’t replace the college atmosphere, the kid won’t be dealing wih or distracted by classes, college parties etc. He will be getting paid to focus on his professional career full-time. I don’t blame him for opting for the G League. He wasn’t getting a college degree anyways. I hope to see more players follow suit. The NCAA as an organization has become corrupt and inconsistent. Individual schools have sought to attract top players by any means necessary for their own personal gain.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #1075
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

24pts, 9 rebounds, 4 asts, 3 stls for Doncic versus Crvena Zvezda. I'm definitely starting to believe the hype...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_5Cw3Ki5As

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-30-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:17 PM   #1076
BPo001
Diamond Member

Chicago looks like they are going to beat Orlando. Puts Chicago at 25 wins. Orlando still at 22.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:56 PM   #1077
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Our last four games are scaring me

B2B at Orlando we could still win, the Magic just suck
Pistons...Griffin out for a week, pretty sure they are shutting him down
Sixers with no Embiid
Suns

Thats easily 3-1 or even 4-0 at the end of the season. Damn it.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:51 PM   #1078
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Our last four games are scaring me

B2B at Orlando we could still win, the Magic just suck
Pistons...Griffin out for a week, pretty sure they are shutting him down
Sixers with no Embiid
Suns

Thats easily 3-1 or even 4-0 at the end of the season. Damn it.
Luckily all those except the PHX game are on the road. Sounds like JJ should be back next game which always hurts the tank chances. Let's just hope the tank gods are on our side to close out the season.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:37 AM   #1079
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The die hard fanbase is going to riot if we win these remaining games. Even if we end up with the 7th pick, that would be such a sh** show and could easily happen.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #1080
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah everything is all good right now. But I do see the Mavs winning 2 more games and ending with 25 wins. Damn near impossible to lose to the Suns, at home, last game of the season. And then you have the magic. Hopefully they get a couple more wins with their schedule.

As long as we end up with 5 or 6. 7 would really really suck.