Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

https://twitter.com/kodali_siva/stat...690834945?s=21
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Giannis to the mavs please!
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

It’s going to happen! Especially if his brother starts to develop. If his brother is enjoying his time in Dallas with Luka (and hopefully Dennis), Giannis would be a perfect fit. The Mavs will be able to offer him a max contract if he hits free agency.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
It’s going to happen! Especially if his brother starts to develop. If his brother is enjoying his time in Dallas with Luka (and hopefully Dennis), Giannis would be a perfect fit. The Mavs will be able to offer him a max contract if he hits free agency.

Looks like we don't need Kostas to sell the Mavs to his brother, we already have another guy on it...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #5
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Looks like we don't need Kostas to sell the Mavs to his brother, we already have another guy on it...

If Luka wins ROY or comes close but had an exciting year he’s going to be able to lure players like Giannis. There will also likely be other high level Euro players that will come to come play for the Mavs just to play with Luka.

A couple people here thought I was on crack when I said a dream lineup of these guy is highly unlikely but financially possible.

AD
Giannis
Barnes
Luka
Dennis

If the Mavs are able to get lucky enough to land Giannis it will be much easier convince a guy like Davis to come to the Mavs. Obviously this is a highly unlikely scenario I’m just saying it will be financially possible in 2021, both will be UFA’s, and the Mavs could have the best young backcourt in the NBA.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:17 AM   #6
Luka's Mom

Luka's Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
If Luka wins ROY or comes close but had an exciting year he’s going to be able to lure players like Giannis. There will also likely be other high level Euro players that will come to come play for the Mavs just to play with Luka.

A couple people here thought I was on crack when I said a dream lineup of these guy is highly unlikely but financially possible.

AD
Giannis
Barnes
Luka
Dennis

If the Mavs are able to get lucky enough to land Giannis it will be much easier convince a guy like Davis to come to the Mavs. Obviously this is a highly unlikely scenario I’m just saying it will be financially possible in 2021, both will be UFA’s, and the Mavs could have the best young backcourt in the NBA.
I can definitely imagine a scenario where Giannis wants to play with Luka. They're of similar age, so they both fit into the same timeline. But in order for this to happen, the Bucks need to screw up. If they put a good enough team around Giannis to be a contender, he's not leaving. He said himself he'd prefer to spend his entire career in Milwaukee.
Luka's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #7
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka's Mom View Post
But in order for this to happen, the Bucks need to screw up. If they put a good enough team around Giannis to be a contender, he's not leaving.
Well so far they are not doing a great job with Eric Bledsoe, Khris Middleton, Tony Snell, John Henson, and Matthew Delavedova. Mavs 2021, here we come!
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #8
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
I can definitely imagine a scenario where Giannis wants to play with Luka. They're of similar age, so they both fit into the same timeline. But in order for this to happen, the Bucks need to screw up. If they put a good enough team around Giannis to be a contender, he's not leaving. He said himself he'd prefer to spend his entire career in Milwaukee.
What would we expect any young player to say? Especially when they are under contract for 2+ years? Nah, this team and city sucks, can't wait to get out? I mean, it's rare. Kawhi situation is the only thing close that comes to mind.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
Me.B

Quote:

True but in 2 years if they are not right there challenging for the Eastern Conference title and if the arrow is pointing down there is a very good chance he bolts.