Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
It?s rough watching these teams get better while we?ve gotten worse.

There?s gotta be something we can do with that Powell expiring.
TBH, I honestly think the addition of Wood plus THJ coming back actually will make us better than we were last season.

But yeah, everyone else is getting better too, so it's rough.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #2
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
TBH, I honestly think the addition of Wood plus THJ coming back actually will make us better than we were last season.

Yeah you could be right. Thank god we got Dinwiddie, it makes losing Brunson a little less painful. I?m also bullish on picking up Hardy in the draft.

I just need to believe that Powell?s expiring has to be worth something to some team.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Yeah you could be right. Thank god we got Dinwiddie, it makes losing Brunson a little less painful. I?m also bullish on picking up Hardy in the draft.

I just need to believe that Powell?s expiring has to be worth something to some team.
Hardy is the real x factor here. If Hardy ends up being really good, quality NBA starting guard- like better than Brunson- then losing Brunson might have been a blessing in disguise in the long run. If he ends up being a star (trying not to get ahead myself here, but a lot of people do have him projected to be) then we could be really, really, really good.

But that's down the road, like year 2 or 3 for him. Next year might be a bit rough, with everyone getting so much better.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:08 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hardy is the real x factor here. If Hardy ends up being really good, quality NBA starting guard- like better than Brunson- then losing Brunson might have been a blessing in disguise in the long run. If he ends up being a star (trying not to get ahead myself here, but a lot of people do have him projected to be) then we could be really, really, really good.

But that's down the road, like year 2 or 3 for him. Next year might be a bit rough, with everyone getting so much better.
Not to be a party pooper here but to me the situations are isolated because we could've had Brunson here with Hardy. Now I'm not entirely stuck on Brunson. I wanted us to traded him last year because I didn't see us having any draft capital. Probably wouldn't have netted us much...who knows. I can't cry over spilled milk in regards to that but I do wish we could've got something for Brunson. Anything.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Not to be a party pooper
Then don't.

Quote:
here but to me the situations are isolated because we could've had Brunson here with Hardy.
Apparently we couldn't have because he wasn't even willing to meet with the Mavs.

So, glass if half full take here- if Hardy turns out to be something, then it's a bloated $25 million dollar contract we don't have to worry about moving, because long run, we'd probably have to include a sweetener of some kind to move it.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-01-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:32 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Then don't.

Apparently we couldn't have because he wasn't even willing to meet with the Mavs.

So, glass if half full take here- if Hardy turns out to be something, then it's a bloated $25 million dollar contract we don't have to worry about moving, because long run, we'd probably have to include a sweetener of some kind to move it.
I'm more so referencing the fact that had he been a restricted free agent they wouldn't have lost him like they did. Brunson's contract and trying to take it wouldn't have bothered me. I've seen Bertans get traded. If that crap can get traded anyone can lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:35 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I'm more so referencing the fact that had he been a restricted free agent they wouldn't have lost him like they did. Brunson's contract and trying to take it wouldn't have bothered me. I've seen Bertans get traded. If that crap can get traded anyone can lol.
Not giving Brunson the extension when he wanted it was a massive mistake. No argument here.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #8
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I've seen Bertans get traded. If that crap can get traded anyone can lol.
To us lol.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:47 PM   #9
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

I agree with Wood

But they need to ship THJ somewhere else dude has been here 5 years now and really he hasn't changed much.

He got himself benched last year in favor of JB because of his poor shooting and defense.

I don't expect anything to change with him (play one good game followed up by 3-4 bad games)

If they can get a solid defensive wing with size I'd let him go asap.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:53 PM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I agree with Wood

But they need to ship THJ somewhere else dude has been here 5 years now and really he hasn't changed much.

He got himself benched last year in favor of JB because of his poor shooting and defense.

I don't expect anything to change with him (play one good game followed up by 3-4 bad games)

If they can get a solid defensive wing with size I'd let him go asap.
I don't think he's going to change either, but he's just another scoring option.

And yes I'd let him go to, but I'm not holing my breath, because apparently Nico shopped him around last season and nobody was interested. We'd likely have to include picks or something as a sweetener, and frankly I'd much rather just hold onto him for another year. He will become much more tradable as his contract gets shorter.