Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-16-2002, 09:11 PM   #1
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Anyone watching this right now? The Egypts and National Gepgraphic are sending a little robot into the shaft inside of the pyramid. Funny how they downplay the role of german engineer Gantenbrink. He was the one who discovered the plate on the end of the shaft. He used a robot in 1993. The damn egypts since kicked him off the project because they want all the fame. They even went so far as to say that this year will be the first time a robot is used to research the shaft, LOL. Gantenbrink could have done what they do today as early as 1996, that´s when he had a new robot ready.

Oh man Hawass (the egypt scientist who does the project today) is such a fucking joke. What a lier.

If anyone is intrested in this you can find more here.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

LOL, they just showed how last year the first MIT robot failed to do what Gantenbrinks robot could do 10 years ago: simply advance to the plate. They had to build another one that was ready two months ago, 6 years after Gantenbrink. Good job, LOL.

Well, they´ll start to drill pretty soon.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:45 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It broadcasted here from 7-9pm over an hour ago. I missed it and I am not happy that I forgot about it. Can you tell me updates? Thanks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:58 PM   #4
Fidel
Diamond Member

Sure Doc.
Actually that egypt guy is pretty funny. He acts like Indiana Jones. But well, the egypts don´t have much, I understand they are proud in this. And it´s good to see how happy this man is about doing what he does.

And you might want to get a record of that broadcast. It´s been really intresting so far.

Doc, behind the door is a small room (not really a room, the shaft just continues for maybe 30 cm) and then another door (or simply a stone) that looked kinda round with a rough surface, not as plain as the other one. They obviously couldn´t look behind that. Well, maybe next year.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:20 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

I can't believe we can put a man on the moon but we can't look into a damn pyramid.

Thanks for the updates!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< I can't believe we can put a man on the moon but we can't look into a damn pyramid. >>

Yeah, it´s kinda strange. They´d have to destroy it (which they oviously don´t want to). That´s how some of the early discoverys inside the pyramides where made. With dynamite.

The part where they explained the workers city nearby the pyramides was the most intresting. They really had something like industrial production there, with hundrets of bakeries for example. The pyramids weren´t build by slaves but by people from egypt villages. They took great pride in that work (they even had clans that battled each other for who could do the faster and better work) and where provided with good food and a place to sleep by the citizens. The workers city also had a watering system and stuff like that. Really amazing.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:46 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

The thing that amazes me is that we can't improve on the design. Totally mind boggling.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:52 PM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yes it is. I just had seen that before, but still they explained it pretty well and it was truly amazing once again.