Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 AM   #201
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So somehow rondo is even making carlisle suck. He's kryptonite.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2015, 03:53 AM   #202
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Please. Nelson and Wright aren't fixing the two biggest weaknesses on this team. I'm sure you're smart enough to know what those weaknesses are.
Try fixing one thing and broke something else in the process. And the D is still bad. Rondo didn't cure it.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:04 AM   #203
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
It's also worth pointing out that rondo has never been on a good offense since his second year in the league.
Or you could say a good offense has never been led by Rondo since his second year. And that team was loaded. Rondo's speed back then was impressive. But that team was great defensively. We aren't. So any crack in the offense is intensified because we have to score a lot to win. We lost our offensive edge.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 AM   #204
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Who did Rick have as an assistant? Also, Dirk in those years was transcendent. Dirk now is merely average.
So how do you explain the beginning of this year????
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #205
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This team is not even playing .500 ball in a conference where it takes .586 to get into the playoffs and .650 to stay competitive. If we lose tomorrow, we'll be 5-7 (.417) over our last 12. I am admittedly upset, but it's only because the team is getting WORSE rather than better. The chemistry is non-existent and seems to be getting worse. Chandler-- and amazingly, Aminu were the only two guys who played with passion. The offense is bumbling so bad it would be hysterical if it wasn't my team and on top of that Carlisle is acting insane.

So I absolutely do not agree with you that we are top 6-10. We aren't. We are bad and getting worse. Something is majorly wrong. Majorly majorly wrong. This team looks like the team with the Toines. No chemistry.No flow on either side of the court.
Over their last 16, they're 10-6. Arbitrary endpoints are fun!

Look, I'm the guy that said that this trade had a chance of destroying this offense, and making it unrecognizable. I also called this loss the worst loss of the season. And yet, I'm saying you're overreacting to an incredible degree. It's a three game losing streak. Let's all try to catch our breath for a minute or two.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #206
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The irony here is that the offense has actually been trending up over the last week. Last night was bad, but the game against the Pelicans was one of their 5 or so best offensive games of the season (with or without Rondo).

It's the defense (and the rebounding, which is kind of a subset of the defense) that has killed us over the last three games.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #207
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And for the record, I think that Rick is a tremendous defensive coach and as an all-around coach I'd put him top-5. His defensive schemes got us to a championship.
Tim Grgurich would be the defensive coach that won us a championship. He is a defensive genius. Dwane Casey and Terry Stotts were also major factors.

The offense wasn't as good as it looked earlier. We were FEASTING on bad teams. This is a harder part of the schedule with lots of road games. We just need to get through Feb with a top 6 or 7 record and we'll be fine.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote