Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #201
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Haha, you just have to watch out for some of the crankier vets
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #202
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ Benga on the postgame...

Someone is putting their hands in his ears....I think it's cubes...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:54 PM   #203
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
He had an impressive outing, but PoG?

I'd give that either to Yao, or if we're doing winning team, definitely Dirk.

30 pts, 11 rebs, 50% fg, 100% ft, 3 asts, 3 blks

Another gaudy line.

*edit: actually I'd give it to Dirk hands down...that's an absolutely disgusting line.
Oh I'd have to give it to dirk as well. He got stronger while Yao faded. He's just stinking unbelievable, if he needed to score 40 he would.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #204
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben d
Just replying to your icon. Did you see Panic at ACL? Amazing.

Anyways, good win tonight. Rawle is player of the game.

oh yes. very good show...and actually had my bachelor party that night after the show, so it was a real, real, real good day/night/next day.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #205
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Oh I'd have to give it to dirk as well. He got stronger while Yao faded. He's just stinking unbelievable, if he needed to score 40 he would.
Yao did have the entire Rockets squad on his back...11 scrubs can get pretty heavy
Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #206
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Yao really is something. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were MVP in the near future. For now, I'll have to go with the sharp-shooting, shaggy-haired German.

And speaking of shaggy hair, let's all hope he keeps it that way. I know some people like the aerodynamic Dirk, but I really think the buzz-cut does nothing for him, on top of the fact that he seems to play better with those golden locks.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #207
ben d

ben d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
oh yes. very good show...and actually had my bachelor party that night after the show, so it was a real, real, real good day/night/next day.
hahaha that's awesome. I saw Robert Randolph earlier in the day, and I was right next to the stage for Panic. When they brought out Robert Randolph's steel guitar I just went crazy. One of the best days ever.
ben d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #208
orangedays
Platinum Member

Mavericks Claim Best Record in West (Linkage)
Dallas 95, Houston 81

HOUSTON, March 15 (Ticker) -- Thanks to Dirk Nowitzki, the Dallas Mavericks own the best record in the Western Conference.

Nowitzki scored 30 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as the Mavericks posted a 95-81 triumph over the struggling Houston Rockets, who received a huge game by Yao Ming.

NBA TV highlights from
Mavericks-Rockets: Play
It was the 12th victory in the last 15 games for Dallas (51-14), which moved one-half game ahead of defending champion San Antonio (50-14) for first place in the Southwest Division and the best mark in the conference.

"It's kind of hard not to get caught up in the race," said Nowitzki, who recorded his 25th double-double. "You're half a game up, half a game down. There's pressure on every game now."

"Of course, you've always got (San Antonio) in the corner of your eye," said Dallas swingman Marquis Daniels, who scored 12 points. "Phoenix, too. Home-court advantage is very important in the playoffs."

Jason Terry scored 19 points and rookie Rawle Marshall added a season-high 12 for the Mavericks, who shot 52 percent (37-of-71) from the field to overcome the absence of forwards Josh Howard, Adrian Griffin and Keith Van Horn and guard Devin Harris, who are nursing injuries.

"We're obviously going through a tough stretch right now," Nowitzki said. "A lot of injuries, being on the road, fourth game in five nights. It's good we have a deep team. Rawle Marshall played great tonight."

"Rawle Marshall contributed big," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson added. "I don't know what's going to happen the next game, because he's a rookie. Nobody knows his name. I like it that way."

Yao had 36 points and 12 rebounds while Rafer Alston scored 18 points for the Rockets, who fell to 2-16 without injured superstar Tracy McGrady.

"During the game, I'm focused," said Yao, who is averaging 29 points and 13 rebounds since the All-Star break. "I'm trying to score or rebound or do whatever the team needs me to do."

"He's been playing phenomenal since the All-Star break," Nowitzki said. "His turnaround (jumper) is money."

Yao scored 27 points in the first half, which ended with Dallas holding a 57-45 lead. Nowitzki and Erick Dampier did an excellent job containing the 7-5 All-Star after the break, when he had 10 points and one rebound.

"We tried to give (Yao) different looks, meet him at the foul line, ride him out, sometimes double him," Dampier said. "Anybody can score if they get it low enough."

"We can expect much better from him defensively and on the boards," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "He had one rebound in the second half and was not active defensively."

Alston drilled a 3-pointer to draw Houston within 83-77 with 7:13 remaining before Dallas went on a 12-4 run to close the contest and improve to 3-0 this season against its intrastate rival.

Nowitzki accounted for eight points during the surge and knocked down a jumper to push the lead to 93-81 with 3:23 to go.

"My shot wasn't feeling great," said Nowitzki, who was 10-of-20 of the floor. "I tried to be more aggressive, get in the lane. I was lucky to get my own rebound once, went back up and got fouled."

The Rockets (29-36) have dropped three straight and fell 4 1/2 games behind the Los Angeles Lakers (34-32) for the eighth and final playoff spot in the conference.

Although Yao made 12-of-17 shots, his teammates combined to shoot just 34 percent (16-of-47).

"He's the best center in the NBA on one end now," Mavericks swingman Jerry Stackhouse said. "The team has to focus on him more than any center in the NBA, even Shaq."