Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hoosiers, Horns are Signing Day heavyweights

Hoosiers, Horns are Signing Day heavyweights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bill Hodge
CollegeSports.com
Wednesday, November 12

It's the Early Signing Period, as Texas and Indiana lead the 2004 Top Classes.

Or Indiana and Texas, take your choice. The Longhorns and coach Rick Barnes have four Top 100 players and a Super Prospect, including three Top 20 prospects, for a slight edge. Indiana and coach Mike Davis have five Top 100 prospects heading for the Hoosiers.

Among the other leading programs are Louisville, Arkansas, Duke, Memphis, North Carolina, Florida, Missouri and UCLA. Georgia Tech, Connecticut, Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi State are also gaining powerful classes. Rankings are subject to change with additions, qualifying problems and the NBA Draft. Redshirt transfers are counted on Class 2003 scholarships.

The Early Signing Period runs Nov. 12-19 and the Regular Period is Apr. 15-May 19. Check lists for Prospects/Commitments/Signings/Schools and Conferences.

<u>Indiana Recruits (5 All Americans)</u>
Hardy, James--- F --- 6'7" --- 190
Ratliff, A.J.------- G -- 6'2" ---- 180
Smith, Josh----- F ---6'9" -----210
Vaden, Robert --G--- 6'5"----- 200
White, D.J. -------F ---6'9" -----230

<u>Texas Recruits (4 All Americans, including 3 in top 20)</u>
Aldridge, LaMarcus---- C--- 6'11"--- 215
Atchley, Connor --------F---- 6'10"--- 205
Dowell, Dion ------------F ----6'7"---- 190
Gibson, Daniel ---------G----- 6'3"--- 185
Williams, Mike---------- F----- 6'7"---- 225
Old 11-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Hoosiers, Horns are Signing Day heavyweights

I am so looking foward to college hoops to start. Daniel Gibson will be the second coming of TJ. He's taller than TJ, but has the same skills.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hoosiers, Horns are Signing Day heavyweights

Daniel Gibson is nowhere near the playmaker T.J. was. He's a better scorer though.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Aldridge will ever show up at Texas. He's not ready for the league. Then again, neither was Kendrick Perkins and he was a 1st rounder.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:49 PM   #4
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

Man, i really am getting tired of UT doing all this great recuting, getting ranked really high, and then falling short EVERY year.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM   #5
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: arsenalth9
Man, i really am getting tired of UT doing all this great recuting, getting ranked really high, and then falling short EVERY year.
Actually Texas hasn't been known as a great basketball school, so why would they fall short every year? I, like many people were very pleased how far they went last year.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is UT's 1st top 5 basketball recruiting class ever. Props to TJ who made it cool to go to Texas.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
This is UT's 1st top 5 basketball recruiting class ever. Props to TJ who made it cool to go to Texas.
I'm not sure about that..I think they may have had a top 5 class with Mihm and Axtell...not sure though
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure about that..I think they may have had a top 5 class with Mihm and Axtell...not sure though
Yeah, back in 97-98 Texas clocked in with the #3 recruiting class in the country featuring Mihm and Axtell, as well as Lamar Wright and Bernard Smith. (This was a bad year for my Hoosiers, as Bobby's sole recruit was Hoosier traitor, 1st team McDonalds All American Luke "Rim" Recker).

Back in the year 2000, Texas also had the 8th best class featuring the robust group of Brandon Mouton, Brian Boddicker, Jason Clotz, Royal Ivey, James Thomas, and Fredie Williams (Indiana came in #9 with Jared Jeffries, AJ Moye, Stiff Mike Roberts, and future transfer Andre Owens).
Old 11-12-2003, 09:34 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Was that class #3? That's surprising. None of them were McDonalds All-Americans. That's not the end all be all, but if you look at the top classes year in and year out, they usually feature 1 or 2 of them. For instance, Boddicker highlighted that 8th ranked class of 2000.

In the class of 2004 Aldridge, Williams and Gibson have legitimate shots. I can’t believe the job that Rick Barnes has done with that program. With the incoming class and the new facilities, the future looks bright.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:18 AM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Starting without Aldridge. Oh well.

I'm really looking forward to this season. Definitely going to try to go to a game or two this season.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:31 AM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What ever happened to Axtell--I mean, post-UT?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:38 AM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

He played for Kansas for a year but didn't do much. I don't think he played his senior year because he came down with an illness that was never disclosed.