Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all
Default I Think It's Time To Do The Unthinkable

and trade Dirk. He deserves so much better but this is not me blaming Cuban and company for putting their chess positions in the spots they did the past few seasons.. They tried to put these Mavs into a position to not only win another championship with Dirk but to be reset in terms of building a winning team for years to come. I still believe 100% they pulled the right strings for the past few years but in life things just don't always pan out even if you do everything right.

Cuban is a smart man, he knows unless he catches lightning in the draft Dirk is his only true serious trading asset. It's a win/win for both clubs. We get value in return, while setting ourselves up to rebuild properly while we trade Dirk to a winning team with another shot at a ring. He deserves that much.

I did not enjoy typing this, it pained me but the truth hurts.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Nope
Old 07-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Timing fail.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

no thx.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Posted in another thread but relevant.
This two year plan might have some teeth. Check out the guys under contract for next year. They are all reasonable contracts for the money and with Dirk taking less we'd have quite a bit of cap space after its said and done. I don't think we'd get Lebron but if we added a couple 2nd tier guys with our core (Dirk, Calderon, Ellis) it'd definitely be a top 4 seed in the west.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

delete thread
Old 07-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Lock and delete!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah with his kid and his wife having her own career in Dallas he for sure looks forward to play somewhere else...duh
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

never going to happen! "I really want to finish my career in Dallas" his exact words. his contract The contract contains a no-trade clause that prevents the Mavs from dealing the 7-foot power forward without his consent and vice versa. European basketball is a gentleman's game in america its a ghetto game (no offense), in other words he has more class than that. win or lose he still has a title and an awesome contract. he is the best professional athlete in Dallas in the last 10 years. he came to dallas when he was a kid he pretty much grew up here.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Lock and delete!
I get the feeling and agree with this but, why lock it if your gonna delete it?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Lock and delete? Eff that! Lock and load b@tches.... we are gunning...
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

F this thread.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
Idiocy also hurts.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Awww fudge.. I thought THIS "Unthinkable"

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think OP meant this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qamC_3VItH4
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

If this weren't Dallas, and this wasn't Dirk, OP would be correct.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #18
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

This is about the third time I have accidentally clicked on this thread because it had new content. It's still a ridiculous idea. You just don't do it.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I get so tired of this crud. There have been advocates of this ever since 2006.

if dirk gets traded the AAC should be stormed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-13-2013 at 06:05 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #20
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

If Dirk gets traded then I am only watching the Stars for the time being.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
and trade Dirk. He deserves so much better but this is not me blaming Cuban and company for putting their chess positions in the spots they did the past few seasons.. They tried to put these Mavs into a position to not only win another championship with Dirk but to be reset in terms of building a winning team for years to come. I still believe 100% they pulled the right strings for the past few years but in life things just don't always pan out even if you do everything right.

Cuban is a smart man, he knows unless he catches lightning in the draft Dirk is his only true serious trading asset. It's a win/win for both clubs. We get value in return, while setting ourselves up to rebuild properly while we trade Dirk to a winning team with another shot at a ring. He deserves that much.

Yeah, we've never heard this shit before
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Well threads like this certainly make it easy to determine bad posters.

Mavs are a different kind of team. We're loyal to dirk. He's retiring with us.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #23
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I get the feeling and agree with this but, why lock it if your gonna delete it?
Because it sounds better than just "delete".
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #24
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
If this weren't Dallas, and this wasn't Dirk, OP would be correct.
Exactly, it makes sense from a business stand point. It isn't going to happen I don't know why everyone so mad at me for offering something up that could help this team long term. I LOVE DIRK! I bought a baby onesie that was on sale in some store for cheap when I was like 20 and 5 years later I still don't have a baby. My baby is going to rock it one day though.

Point is it was just a suggestion and instead of anything resembling an engaging conversation, maybe why this wouldn't work, or maybe why it could work but why it's a bad idea because Dirk is well Dirk, I come back to a bunch of nothing.

Dirk will retire before he puts on another uniform, but if and when he does then this team is in serious danger of fielding a worse than bare minimum squad. The present is now but the future is right around the corner, it's something to think about.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #25
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #26
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Exactly, it makes sense from a business stand point. It isn't going to happen I don't know why everyone so mad at me for offering something up that could help this team long term. I LOVE DIRK! I bought a baby onesie that was on sale in some store for cheap when I was like 20 and 5 years later I still don't have a baby. My baby is going to rock it one day though.

Point is it was just a suggestion and instead of anything resembling an engaging conversation, maybe why this wouldn't work, or maybe why it could work but why it's a bad idea because Dirk is well Dirk, I come back to a bunch of nothing.

Dirk will retire before he puts on another uniform, but if and when he does then this team is in serious danger of fielding a worse than bare minimum squad. The present is now but the future is right around the corner, it's something to think about.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #28
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Ok got it. So as a reward for playing so good for Dallas, for wining the Western Conference 2 times and one title, for years of loyal dedication to our franchise, a franchise which gives him so much love that front office strategy is discussed with him, that years of teams have been built around him...Cubes is going to turn his back on him (and his fans), uproot his family, and send him to finish his career to whomever can afford a $20 mil salary (which ain't going to be anyone great without giving up the piece which made them great). Dallas looses its best player and would then be looking at a 5 year rebuild with several seasons at the very bottom of the NBA making the Mavs an even more undesirable destination for free agents. All because we missed the playoffs one year out of the last 14...that's a brilliant idea...
Old 07-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #29
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Ok got it. So as a reward for playing so good for Dallas, for wining the Western Conference 2 times and one title, for years of loyal dedication to our franchise, a franchise which gives him so much love that front office strategy is discussed with him, that years of teams have been built around him...Cubes is going to turn his back on him (and his fans), uproot his family, and send him to finish his career to whomever can afford a $20 mil salary (which ain't going to be anyone great without giving up the piece which made them great). Dallas looses its best player and would then be looking at a 5 year rebuild with several seasons at the very bottom of the NBA making the Mavs an even more undesirable destination for free agents. All because we missed the playoffs one year out of the last 14...that's a brilliant idea...
Great post totally agree
marc9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in favor of trading Dirk, but Cuban can't really "uproot" him. He has a no-trade clause. The Mavs can't make him go anywhere.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude... Just take your medicine and never post this drivel again. And certainly don't come back trying to justify it. Take your whipping like a man and slink away to a new post quietly, with dignity.

Quote:

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #32
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Dude... Just take your medicine and never post this drivel again. And certainly don't come back trying to justify it. Take your whipping like a man and slink away to a new post quietly, with dignity.
+1 for using "drivel" instead of "dribble" - that one kinda drives me nuts.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #33
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm not in favor of trading Dirk, but Cuban can't really "uproot" him. He has a no-trade clause. The Mavs can't make him go anywhere.
I know. One of only 2 in the league IIRC. But for the sake of argument, my scenario is the outcome of any trade. And to the " business" aspect, totally moronic. A franchise giving up its star ensures a huge lose of revenue in ticket and merch sales. Just stupid. Dirk is retiring a Mav. That's something to be proud of...
Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #34
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I would love to see Dirk deep in the playoffs again and that is a longshot with the Mavericks. Dirk likes it in Dallas and with a little girl on the way and a happy family life ahead, I don't think he's that much interested in leaving. On the other side, he's a competitor and he's just a few year left to do it again and he has voiced more than once that he's not interested to compete for the eighth seed. I am sure there are quite a few teams that are just a Dirk short of being a championship team, Chicago, Indiana, Memphis... and would be open to trade for him. The Mavs might end up like the T'Wolves after the Garnett trade, stuck in mediocrity forever.

Let's say Dirk demands a trade, what options are they that would make sense for both sides?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, this forum has a mob mentality. Once someone with few posts says something that a some of the longer time members disagree with, they tend to be a bit vicious. The only thing that is frustrating about it is that some of the people that jump on and dogpile frequently have no idea what they're talking about. They'll just dogpile for the sake of dog piling and add absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Let's say Dirk demands a trade, what options are they that would make sense for both sides?
Why would Dirk demand a trade when he can just walk after his contract expires at the end of the season? The fact that he only has one year left on his deal, coupled with his no-trade clause, makes any discussion about trading Dirk the long shot of all long shots. I mean, it's an internet forum and you can talk about whatever you want, but trading Dirk is probably less likely than LeBron opting out of his contract next summer to play in Dallas.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #37
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would Dirk demand a trade when he can just walk after his contract expires at the end of the season? The fact that he only has one year left on his deal, coupled with his no-trade clause, makes any discussion about trading Dirk the long shot of all long shots. I mean, it's an internet forum and you can talk about whatever you want, but trading Dirk is probably less likely than LeBron opting out of his contract next summer to play in Dallas.
Jez... just hypothetical. Say, he's no no-trade clause or Cuban approaches him with a trade scenario that could make sense for both parties. I am just curiousm what could be possible.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
time4me2type0