Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #41
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
There IS a huge difference between having a true #2 and several #3s and #4s. Terry can be reduced to nothing in the playoffs. Kidd can. Prime Peja could. We've seen it before. How did Terry and Kidd fare in the last two years of the playoffs?

There's a marked difference between being capable of scoring 20 points in a game and being a #2 option.

We don't have a true #2, which will most likely be our demise. Our offensive cast is certainly deeper than last year, but in the playoffs it's much easier to handle #3 and #4 options.
I agree. And you know maybe Terry turns it around this year. Maybe Peja plays like vintage Peja. But I didn't want to have to take a chance and pray for those guys to have their jump shots falling because we know that rim gets a lot smaller come playoff time.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #42
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

This is a REALLY good Mav team. Is it good enough to go thru say...

Memphis, then the Lakers, then the Spurs, then the Celtics or Heat?

uh oh.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I agree. And you know maybe Terry turns it around this year. Maybe Peja plays like vintage Peja. But I didn't want to have to take a chance and pray for those guys to have their jump shots falling because we know that rim gets a lot smaller come playoff time.
I agree too but the advantage the Mavs have is that everyone else has issues too, can SA go to the low block and score? Will LA get anything from their bench but Brown's chucking?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #44
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

we're 41-16. if not for the dirk injury we'd easily have the best record in the nba. and most of that was before recently adding the lethal weapons of peja and roddy, who are still both finding their groove. we are stacked. have faith.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler + more experienced Roddy + Peja + Chemistry > a #2 option that we might have moved for mid season imo.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #46
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersquad View Post
This is a REALLY good Mav team. Is it good enough to go thru say...

Memphis, then the Lakers, then the Spurs, then the Celtics or Heat?

uh oh.
Can't wait, bring it.....
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #47
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We're 2-0 against Miami.
And 0-2 against CHI, so does it mean Bulls are better then Mavs? RS doesn't count. Let's see what Mavs can do in PO this year.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #48
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
And 0-2 against CHI, so does it mean Bulls are better then Mavs? RS doesn't count. Let's see what Mavs can do in PO this year.
tbf, Chicago has a deeper team than miami, and they just got Noah back. Plus, few guys in the mavs (much less PG's) can defend DRose.

Still, the playoffs will be extremely interesting. Seriously can't wait.

Go mavs.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If the answer is steven jackson...you may not know the question. Sure the mavs could use another guy who can create for themselves. I think roddy can? Looks like jjb can? Looks like Jet actually can with a pick...

I'm not seeing the same thing you are. I'm not seeing dirk scoring 30+ points to win. I'm not seeing dirk having to hit shot after shot down the clutch to win.

Do you not see someething (at least some little bit) different here?

It's too easy to just say grab that guy and you win a championship...if getting jackson blows up then what have you done..sure you can say "at least I tried" but trying doesn't get it.

This team needs to get their head right with ball. Haywood needs to come to play (check), jjb needs to not pound the ball (check), jkiddo/dirk need rest (check), tyson needs to not get hurt(check), peja needs to continue to light it up (check so far), roddy needs to get better defensively (unkown at the moment) and jet needs to keep looking for assists as much as he does his shot (check).

Now...they need to get their asses in gear and buckle down defensively... I'm not sure jackson can do that for this team... I would be interested to even hear Steiny-mo's take on the mavs offense since he's been in your camp as well for quite a while.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-24-2011 at 07:12 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've recalled in times past, dirk gets doubled in the post and no one can do anything to counteract it. Damp can't be trusted, josh was a knucklehead and didn't move enough.

Now if you want you can have jkiddo, shawn/peja, tyson, dirk, jet/roddy out there based on who's feeling it. you need some penetration you go with roddy. You need to spread the floor..you show peja out there.

And NO MORE can a team press up on dirk and have their center just waiting for him to make his move. If they do, tyson is going to go bonkers and he makes his free throws.

I just see a different dynamic out there than we've had in a while.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #51
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If the answer is steven jackson...you may not know the question.
Rep to you, sir.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET_31 View Post
I'm sorry i don't live on these boards 24/7 in order to know what all here has been discussed in various threads over the past months. I came here and made a trade about the trade deadline and it being ignorant to stand pat on the DAY of the trade deadline and I get flamed for it. I see.
Ah deal with it, don't whine about it.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm sorry i don't live on these boards 24/7 in order to know what all here has been discussed in various threads over the past months. I came here and made a trade about the trade deadline and it being ignorant to stand pat on the DAY of the trade deadline and I get flamed for it. I see.
I hear ya. I've been here for going on 7 years (and admittedly don't live on here either) and post in one thread that Dirk doesn't try to rebound like he should/is capable of and got flamed for being an "idiot troll" blahblahblah

I've found that the key to fitting in and not have to deal with any of this "rep" nonsense is to truly believe that Dirk sh*ts gold and that JJ Barea is the worst basketball player on the face of the earth
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #54
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVE View Post
I hear ya. I've been here for going on 7 years (and admittedly don't live on here either) and post in one thread that Dirk doesn't try to rebound like he should/is capable of and got flamed for being an "idiot troll" blahblahblah

I've found that the key to fitting in and not have to deal with any of this "rep" nonsense is to truly believe that Dirk sh*ts gold and that JJ Barea is the worst basketball player on the face of the earth
on the contrary, i give positive rep to anyone who speaks highly of JJB.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

If you can't take the heat...well you know the rest.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #56
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stay out of my kitchen?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #57
ThisCharmingFan

ThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Pass the ball to Dirk?
ThisCharmingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #58
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

while this has been beat to death like a dead horse before- so one more time. It would be nice to have a second option. It is not easy to get one without paying a big price. So the team goes out and guts the present team to acquire on. Then all the eggs are in one basket. NO one can tell when any individual player will have a bad game or series. You put all your eggs in that basket and the player could go cold and that leaves you with no other options. This team is now built on a diversified offense. It's based on ball movement and spreading the scoring. The odds of all the players going cold on any given day are highly improbable. The odds of a second option going cold very possible. Hay Terry did it every year. Josh Howard who was the second option didn't work out either. Most of the time a second option is someone who needs to have the ball in his hands to create which if they are not on tends to create a ball movement log jamm that takes everyone else out of the flow of the game.

Right now there are so many players who are capable of scoring at any given time having a relegated second option would negate the strength of this team which is it's depth. And unless one dropped out of the sky the cost would not be worth the gamble.

How do you know that the FO didn't attempt to make a deal? Do you want them to make any deal just for the sake of making one? People in hell want ice water. The mavs are not in desperation mode right now. The wrong deal is worse than no deal. It then takes more time and effort to undo the damage that was done.

No one in the NBA is dealing with unlimited resources and some of you just cant seem to comprehend that. As a previous poster also mentioned there is a coming collective bargening agreement to consider. Most of these last day trades were done because of that not neccessarily to improve their teams. They were lateral moves. The very fact that the Celtics were involved in trades that changed a successful roster is an example of the importance of preparing for the future effect of the coming agreement. The wrong move can destroy a francise for some time. The degree that one gambles should be in proportion to the degree of desperation that one is in. Right now the Mavs have as good a shot as most of the top teer teams do.

It would do some of you a lot of good if you could learn to think outside of the box and not only stick to worn out concepts. Instead take advantage for the opportunity for new inovative ideas.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #59
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Looking back at the 03-04 Pistons I don't think that team had 2 star players on unless you want to call Billups and Sheed stars, that Pistons team won as a TEAM with outstanding defense and great team work.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #60
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the difference in a #2 option and a #3 option? answer -- consistency.
What do you do if you can't find a #2? answer -- put as many #3 types on the team as you can and then find the one that is on and is playing like a #2 at that time.

Looks like that is what Dallas has done to me. Peja, Terry, Roddy, Marion, heck even JJB can be #2 scoring options "at times" - Kidd, Stevenson, Chandler, Cardinal, Haywood, Mahinmi are all #3 type options. None of them is a batman -- but all the #2 types are really #3's that sometimes play like #2's. All the rest of them play that #2 role even less frequently.

I would even say that Peja, Terry, and maybe Roddy can be #1 types -- just not consistently like Dirk is.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #61
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisCharmingFan View Post
Pass the ball to Dirk?
Well that is a truism like the sun rises in the east...that's always a good idea.. It's funny when roddy/jjb learned that they became better points.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #62
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
What do you do if you can't find a #2? answer -- put as many #3 types on the team as you can and then find the one that is on and is playing like a #2 at that time.

Looks like that is what Dallas has done to me. Peja, Terry, Roddy, Marion, heck even JJB can be #2 scoring options "at times" - Kidd, Stevenson, Chandler, Cardinal, Haywood, Mahinmi are all #3 type options. None of them is a batman -- but all the #2 types are really #3's that sometimes play like #2's. All the rest of them play that #2 role even less frequently.

I would even say that Peja, Terry, and maybe Roddy can be #1 types -- just not consistently like Dirk is.
We had all that in 2006. The Kings had that in 2003. This is Stern's league. We need a #1 or #1A with the right kind of shoe contract.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #63
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
We had all that in 2006. The Kings had that in 2003. This is Stern's league. We need a #1 or #1A with the right kind of shoe contract.
I wish I could argue this one ........ but I would lose the argument.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #64
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post

To add to this the offense is NOT dump the ball to dirk and let him get beat up, take every shot anymore... It's post up shawn, hit dirk/peja/jet off screens. It's jjb/roddy breaking it down and kicking (especially jjb) or lobbing.

It's a very diversified attack at the moment. Again...who the blank knows if they will/will not win a championship this way, but their offense is eons more developed that it was in 06, that is for sure.

DLord would say that he predicts failure because RC doesn't have an offense that is geared towards driving the ball...possibly so...but we'll just have to see.

And the fans are just going to have to put their hearts out there just like the team will and live and die with it.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #65
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

dammit, dude's and dalm's assessment of the team had me all pumped... and then UL had to go pee in the Cheerios.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #66
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
To add to this the offense is NOT dump the ball to dirk and let him get beat up, take every shot anymore... It's post up shawn, hit dirk/peja/jet off screens. It's jjb/roddy breaking it down and kicking (especially jjb) or lobbing.
True, but that is how Avery won in SA -- dump the ball to TD. The Lakers had the dump the ball to Shaq, etc. Houston, dump the ball to Akeem. MJ did drive the ball, DWade did the drive the ball.

Dallas doesn't have that inside post threat, and they don't have that star drive the ball offense. So it gets predicated by either movement or jump shooting.

Jump shooting is usually very inconsistent.

Let's face it, Post moves, and driving the ball usually get you inside shots which are at a higher percentage, and gets the other team in foul trouble.

I am not saying a team can't get hot and hit everything -- see what happened to the Mavs in 07, but usually that hot jump shooting cools and in the end you lose.

Quote:
It's a very diversified attack at the moment. Again...who the blank knows if they will/will not win a championship this way, but their offense is eons more developed that it was in 06, that is for sure.
Not more developed, just a different offense all together. It is much more diversified for sure though.

Quote:
DLord would say that he predicts failure because RC doesn't have an offense that is geared towards driving the ball...possibly so...but we'll just have to see.
agreed -- Dallas may in the end have the very best Team, but that doesn't mean they will win the title when officiating can control so much of the game.
Quote:
And the fans are just going to have to put their hearts out there just like the team will and live and die with it.
agreed -- or not. I'll like it if they win it all, but I don't put my heart out there for any team anymore. Too much business to it, and not enough sport for me anymore.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #67
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously think that we can contend for a championship as constructed? All year long I've harped and harped on the fact that we need a reliable #2 option who can create in the half court whenever the tempo slows down in the playoffs and it becomes a half court game. We've seen time and time again that Dirk + a bunch of 3's and 4's doesn't work whenever teams key in on him and try to make everyone else beat them..but it seems like they aren't even trying to make a move happen? We need a little size at the wing as our undersized backcourt (jet, barea, beaubois) is probably the only thing keeping us from being an elite defensive team. Why are we not going after stephen jackson or bust? Let's be serious, we have about a 2 year window before Kidd declines and while Dirk will age nicely, it was apparent during his injury just how RELIANT this team is on him. The day Dirk slips up a the tiniest bit and can no longer carry the team on his back all by himself, the very day that he goes from an MVP candidate to just another star like what's happened to Duncan, our window is closed. We owe it to the man to make these last 2 count.
This was posted 4 months before our championship.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-14-2013 at 10:56 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #68
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean we should sign Stephen Jackson to win finally a ring? Hrhrhrhr
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #69
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad Erica is digging up a bunch of worthless old threads. POST COUNT!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #70
bobdole22

bobdole22 has a spectacular aura aboutbobdole22 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This was posted 4 months before our championship.
Hahahahahahahaha. This thread is epicly awesome. I don't know how I missed it before. They claim we will never win a championship with this squad (which we obviously win) then go on to say Roddy will start and be an important piece while calling players like Deshawn Stevenson "meh."

This thread should give faith to all Mavs fans that this is not the end of the world and people are going to complain no matter what. Some people should feel down right embarrassed after their posts in this thread.

Stop trying to luck out in free agency like the Heat and built a team the right way.

bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #71
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I call this post being bulletin board material.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
From what I've recalled in times past, dirk gets doubled in the post and no one can do anything to counteract it. Damp can't be trusted, josh was a knucklehead and didn't move enough.

Now if you want you can have jkiddo, shawn/peja, tyson, dirk, jet/roddy out there based on who's feeling it. you need some penetration you go with roddy. You need to spread the floor..you show peja out there.

And NO MORE can a team press up on dirk and have their center just waiting for him to make his move. If they do, tyson is going to go bonkers and he makes his free throws.

Damn I'm smart.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #73
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Damn I'm smart.

Edit: I didn't even double post that I don't think. It was so awesome it double posted itself.

Last edited by dude1394; 07-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #74
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm glad Erica is digging up a bunch of worthless old threads. POST COUNT!
Well I for one think it is one great thread!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #75
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damn I'm smart.
All the "blind homers" looked smart in this thread, while the red box brigade and Cadbane ended up being 100% wrong... Par for course.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #76
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Four months after the championship Cuban agreed with the OP.

Also, "Official Offseason Thread" poster bumped this why?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
residenttrollknowstrolls