Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of
Default Calling it now...Mavs 2014 NBA Finals Champs

Much like how JET did it in 2011, I do it in this forum. It will happen.

I created the offseason team in NBA 2k13 and I won it all albeit playing on Pro difficulty. (Adjusted Jae and James stats to reflect season improvement also created Gal Mekel)

Prepare to chant my name during live games on the NBA Finals because i called it first.

Go MAVS. BOOM!

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's obvious, Captain!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I won't buy it until I see the stats you gave Mekel

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

HEH
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I'd give him 78-80 overall going by summer league.

Actually, I'd give him 99 if I created him. I mean what's the use of a PG who can't block shots, dominate the post and dunk from the free throw line?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-17-2013 at 10:05 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I gave Mekel 78 (99 Assist, Off Awareness and Dribbling but took blows in shooting. Based on what i saw in summer league, he may very well be the next Jason Kidd...Diamond on rough)

I gave Jae 79 (80 3 pt fg and 99 Defensive Awareness... The next Shawn Marion minus the Hops... Borderline allstar imo)

I also tweaked J.Calderon (99 3pt FG and 99 Assist...Based on league stats last year he is super effective 3 pointer and assist guy... Next Steve Nash and dare say Stockton)

Created Ledo (88 3pt FG, 85 Hops, 95 Dunk, 89 Dribbling... Jordan in the rough if i ever saw one...Look out Lebron)

The Dwight catastrophe was a blessing in disguise. Kudos Mavs FO for keeping powder dry. All we need now is to work a sign and trade for Pekovic, with his tool set he can be the next Kevin Love. (Also Monta have it all)

Look out league, here comes the Mavs.

(ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE)

Old 07-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
I gave Mekel 78 (99 Assist, Off Awareness and Dribbling but took blows in shooting. Based on what i saw in summer league, he may very well be the next Jason Kidd...Diamond on rough)

I gave Jae 79 (80 3 pt fg and 99 Defensive Awareness... The next Shawn Marion minus the Hops... Borderline allstar imo)

I also tweaked J.Calderon (99 3pt FG and 99 Assist...Based on league stats last year he is super effective 3 pointer and assist guy... Next Steve Nash and dare say Stockton)

Created Ledo (88 3pt FG, 85 Hops, 95 Dunk, 89 Dribbling... Jordan in the rough if i ever saw one...Look out Lebron)

The Dwight catastrophe was a blessing in disguise. Kudos Mavs FO for keeping powder dry. All we need now is to work a sign and trade for Pekovic, with his tool set he can be the next Kevin Love. (Also Monta have it all)

Look out league, here comes the Mavs.

(ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE)
Hey, it's your game, but those ratings are LOL worthy. 2K's formulas don't even work.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #8
CapitanObvious

I bet this was the FO plan all along. The Dwight signing was smoke and mirrors.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I would love it for us to be the dark horse team. Get it

Last edited by yahyes; 07-17-2013 at 11:15 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the offseason ended with Dwight Howard and we were still making dust jokes.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I thought the offseason ended with Dwight Howard and we were still making dust jokes.
"Dust", "Powder", and all the other Fisher-Borg-speak has made me hate this place at times. And I am not a hateful guy.

It's nice to see some pure homerism to balance out the haterism-masquerading-as-objectivity around here.

I see a fairly diverse lineup for this coming season with plenty of question marks. But I suspect that Carlisle is chomping at the bit to utilize the versatility the FO has provided him.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:37 AM   #12
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

As a mavs fan, something is wrong if this lineup doesn't tickle the spine.

Calderon
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

Harris, Ellington, wright, carter, crowder.

If Carlisle can coral Ellis and put him the position to succeed at the 2 spot, really good things could happen on the offensive. Defense is worrisome at the moment all around.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #13
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

Calderon
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

If Carlisle can coral Ellis and put him the position to succeed at the 2 spot, really good things could happen on the offensive. Defense is worrisome at the moment all around.
Realistically not even close to a contender but didn't think they would be able to put together such a fun exciting lineup. I'm guessing 5th seed at the very best but we have potential to do some damage in the playoffs.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #14
CapitanObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

Calderon
Ellis
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

Don't you know? A good offense is the best defense. Outscore them. Do not care if you give up 105 PPG as long as you are getting 106 PPG.

Ooooooh yeeeah!!~

Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #15
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Don't you know? A good offense is the best defense. Outscore them. Do not care if you give up 105 PPG as long as you are getting 106 PPG.

Ooooooh yeeeah!!~
Is this Kevin McHale???
Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #16
CapitanObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc9211 View Post
Is this Kevin McHale???
No, but keep running.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #17
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Mavs time to fight being the DARK HORSE.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #18
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Monta is going to get JJB lanes, but we don't have the center with Tyson's lateral quickness.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #19
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Monta is going to get JJB lanes, but we don't have the center with Tyson's lateral quickness.
Dirk likes to rebound. Remember that. Never know if Wright gets inspired to rebound like crazy.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #20
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Dirk likes to rebound. Remember that. Never know if Wright gets inspired to rebound like crazy.
Help defense. Pick and roll defense.

Although if Wright suddenly rebounded like crazy he would be an awesome player with his offensive game.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #21
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:

Ooooooh yeeeah!!~
Looking forward to an entertaining regular season and a painful 2nd round exit where we won't be able to mask our defensive deficiencies any longer.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Looking forward to an entertaining regular season and a painful 2nd round exit where we won't be able to mask our defensive deficiencies any longer.
And then next year we'll be able to hang up a banner!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...avs_banner_ap/

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
It's been a long time since dirk was a good rebounder
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to call bs on this until I remembered we had dirk. Pretty decent roster and Dirk. Anything is possible. Even over-the-hill PGs, spare parts like Terry and Stevenson, and a couple of guys that were counted out for various reasons (Chandler- injury, Peja- age) can win it all next to The big German.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I was going to call bs on this until I remembered we had dirk. Pretty decent roster and Dirk. Anything is possible. Even over-the-hill PGs, spare parts like Terry and Stevenson, and a couple of guys that were counted out for various reasons (Chandler- injury, Peja- age) can win it all next to The big German.
No. We need stars, not "spare parts". Except we are better off without those stars because new spare parts!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #26
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Next year should at least be fun like 2003. We will be lighting people up. The ironic thing is back then I thought if we could just get Tyson or Dalembert we could win a championship and complete Nellie's wet dream. We got one of them and won. We got the other!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #27
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Next year should at least be fun like 2003. We will be lighting people up. The ironic thing is back then I thought if we could just get Tyson or Dalembert we could win a championship and complete Nellie's wet dream. We got one of them and won. We got the other!
Getting lit up on defense or out rebounded by a significant margin isn't my idea of fun. This team needs some more bruiser types. Hopefully Wright and Sarge have been in the weight room all offseason.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #28
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's the spirit. As long as we have Dirk, there's always a decent chance. Without his knee problems we would have made it to the playoffs last year too.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #29
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Depending on how some of these players develop, I think we could be a very good team. Backup power forward/center will be our weak spot with only Brandan Wright really capable of backing up both positions, and Marion helping out at PF. Marion/Carter/Crowder will still be pretty strong at small forward, Daly is an upgrade at Center, at shooting guard wow! solid upgrade with Monta/Harris/Ellington/Ledo, much better group than last year. And we now have one of the best passers in the league, and no I'm not talking about the backup PG, though he's a pretty good passer as well, but Calderon/Harris/Mekel/Larkin, we are very deep and with room for growth there as well. It is going to be an exciting year! I hope we can get Carmichael or Oden to round out the roster. With a good mid-season trade, I dare say we could be contenders.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Depending on how some of these players develop, I think we could be a very good team. Backup power forward/center will be our weak spot with only Brandan Wright really capable of backing up both positions, and Marion helping out at PF. Marion/Carter/Crowder will still be pretty strong at small forward, Daly is an upgrade at Center, at shooting guard wow! solid upgrade with Monta/Harris/Ellington/Ledo, much better group than last year. And we now have one of the best passers in the league, and no I'm not talking about the backup PG, though he's a pretty good passer as well, but Calderon/Harris/Mekel/Larkin, we are very deep and with room for growth there as well. It is going to be an exciting year! I hope we can get Carmichael or Oden to round out the roster. With a good mid-season trade, I dare say we could be contenders.
Old fashioned optimism is a good thing.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote