Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-26-2002, 11:09 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

STOP SENDING ME G*DDAM VIRUSES!!

I've been getting an average of 4-5 e-mails a day from this b*tch, each and every single one filled with infected attachments. This is getting REAL OLD!

I know the e-mail address 'niaamore@attbi.com' isn't a working address, but seeing as how we have a user here with a similar address 'niaamore@hotmail.com' (you old-timers remember that Nia right?), I figure this f*cker checks out the board.

Anyway, I'm sick of getting these garbage msgs EVERY DAMN DAY and will gladly start tracing ip's and mail servers if I have to. So whoever the hell's trying to spam me with viruses, I suggest you stop NOW!

I apologize to all the members here for this msg..I'm just getting pissed beyond belief with having to run virus scans a dozen times a day!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2002, 11:25 PM   #2
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

DJ, that's terrible! If you find him, I'll kick his ass! do you have any kind of anti-virus software??
Old 10-26-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

<< DJ, that's terrible! If you find him, I'll kick his ass! do you have any kind of anti-virus software?? >>

Yeah its really terrible that some would actually waste their time doing that thinking its funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:36 PM   #4
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

it's just sick.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:39 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That is stupid sh*t... you would think people would have better things to do with their time (LOL... like posting on the internet late on a Saturday night)... Seriously though, do any of y'all &quot;old-timers&quot; or moderators have any reason to believe that the &quot;nia&quot; entity has anything to do with multiple identity idiots/trolls/banned users with axes to grind? It's probably not necessary to discuss that in the forums, but that would seem like the most likely possibility...
Old 10-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That was my first thought Evilmav....that and the chinese takeover thingy....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:43 AM   #7
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Funny? You guys a virus could well be generating all these emails from her/his address book without his knowledge also.

This does not have to be an evil plan hatched by some master computer cracker for the purpose of messing with you in particular.

A doofus computer user can be infected and not even understand when all the people in his address book complain of the virus because as far as he knows his computer SEEMS yo be working to him anyway.

Just a little differant take on the situation from someone in the buisness.

Tex
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:27 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Tex! Interesting perspective. Thanks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:00 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

DJ, does this really need to be locked to the top of the forum?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:03 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Dooby: I think you're gonna warm the bench.... (kidding)

tex: Good explanation....don't go away, we could need your oppinion again.