Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold
Default Mavs trounce Pistons 112-91

I haven't seen many post game recap threads (except the numerous whining threads). So I thought it might be a good of a time as any to start one.

I thought this was an important win for the Mavs especially after the total 78% shooting from the floor for 2 quarters humiliation on Wednesday night. Let's start with Dirk: he played great and was the cornerstone in the first quarter to establish the flow of the offense, he started the team off great and finished strong, and was finally able to get some rest in the 4th. I was listening on the radio but from what I was hearing he made some re-dirk-culous shots in the 1st.

Let's swing over to Kidd. We can see that over the last few games Kidd has got himself out of his shooting slump and he seemed to do it by looking for his shot, by that I mean not forcing it but taking the shot if it's available. This is a sight for sore eyes, and you could tell that it opens up a few things on the floor when the other team actually believes that Kidd can hit an open jumper. Take a note that the team is running a few more pick and rolls with Kidd. You can talk about all how Kidd is shooting the ball but what makes him special is his passing and his defense and he showed us the complete package tonight.

It was great to see Josh play the way he did. We've seen a few nice games from Josh this year but they were also followed by an injury and he went back to his "OMG, Did you just seriously take that shot?!" mode. Maybe after noticing how easy it is to score when he takes what the offense gives him and actually having a little fun with his teammates will allow us to see more and more games like this from him. Sunday night might be a good time to show some consistency

Wright played solid defense on Iverson. This is becoming standard of him and it's great that Carlisle is sticking with him as one of the starters. We know that he can drive to the basket but he needs to start hitting his outside shot more, if it never comes around maybe Carroll can offset Wrights 3pt deficiencies coming off the bench.

Damp played an okay game. I would like to see him give us 5-10 every night and have Hollins come of the bench and inject some energy (because we all know Damp is not really the energetic type) A couple of dunks per game from Hollins like we saw today can really help a team get going if they get into a mini slump during the flow of a game.

Bass had a fantastic game and he's becoming an important player on this team. You can almost always count for him to bring 12-5 off the bench and have a ferocious dunk or two. Terry also can't be over looked, he has been a lot less streaky and is making very good passes all year long, had a few nice dimes today.

Our defense was good today, not great, but good. We had active hands throughout the game and forced the pistons into a lot of turn overs. We closed down the lanes and contested a lot of shots. I think some of it had to do with the Pistons playing poorly.

The rest of the team played well, can't really say anything bad when you blow a team out like this. Saying this though... I still don't know what to think of this team, we need consistency and we need it bad. Sunday will be another good measuring stick against a great Celtics team.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

If we beat the Celtics....well that means this team is not done and probably doesn't need a trade.

That is when everyone is at 100%
Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

nah, trade Howard even if we beat the Celtics by 20.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
WOW....Just WOW!!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was very skeptical when tuning in tonight....but I was sure happy with what I saw.

Seriously though...I don't know if you all just have me predisposed to think this way, but Josh's shot selection was really just terrible in certain spots tonight, it seemed to me anyway, and he takes so many shots so early in the shot clock...it just drives a person nuts.

Also, thank you to TXA-21 for simulcasting games that are on ESPN. I didn't switch to ESPN once tonight and I never will ever again if I can help it. The last thing I need to hear is people telling me (usually wrongly) about MY basketball team who don't know anything about them.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-24-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
WOW....Just WOW!!!
Why would a game change anything? It's going to be just as obvious next Wednesday as it was last Wednesday. Howard needs to go.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
The last thing I need to hear is people telling me (usually wrongly) about MY basketball team who don't know anything about them.
Apparently we were in the finals in 05, Dirk doesn't get to the line, and Stackhouse is our only efficient drive-to-the-hoop guy besides Howard.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #8
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What if he goes for 15-10-9, 2 steals? Then in the post game interview he says that he's had an epiphany and doesn't mind being the 2nd or 3rd option on the team. After an emotional and tearful breakdown Josh tells the media that he would always wanted for Dirk to be his brother (not "brotha", but for real man, "you can't control what the heart do, ya'll crazy") and that he's never wished for anything more than to be adopted by Kidd because he's never had a father who could show him the complexities of team basketball.

Sir, will you then reconsider?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
What if he goes for 15-10-9, 2 steals? Then in the post game interview he says that he's had an epiphany and doesn't mind being the 2nd or 3rd option on the team. After an emotional and tearful breakdown Josh tells the media that he would always wanted for Dirk to be his brother (not "brotha", but for real man, "you can't control what the heart do, ya'll crazy") and that he's never wished for anything more than to be adopted by Kidd because he's never had a father who could show him the complexities of team basketball.

Sir, will you then reconsider?
His trade value would be at an all-time high.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Both in Philly and tonight, the thing that has stood out to me more than anything else is Kidd's aggressiveness in the half-court offense. He's so much more impactful when he attacks. It's not that I expect him to break down the guy who's guarding him or score a ton off the dribble, but he needs to be looking to at least push the defense back into the lane when he gets the ball in motion and comes off of screens. More often not it's going to at least open up a passing lane to one of the team's scorers that wouldn't have been there otherwise, thereby increasing the likelihood that the defense is out of position when JET/JHo/Bass/Dirk catch the ball.

Overall a very good performance from a team that really needed to have a solid outing.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

What a great win for this Mavs team. I said this against Philly and....well you saw what happened. So its hard to get a grasp of this team. I do know one thing is for sure and that is Carlisle himself doesn't know what he has with this team. As a fan I look at this team personnel wise and I don't see many good players. Sure you have some guys who may be great at one thing but that's the problem with this team is too many players who can only do one thing well. I look at that Bucks team and honestly I don't know which roster i'd prefer. For a team that we consider contenders I just think they lack basketball players. So even with a Celtics and Pistons win what does it prove when the majority of the season you've been inconsistent to bad? This Mavs organization has to come to an understanding of what exactly they are and its a decent to average team. And I don't think trading Josh Howard for Gerald Wallace will make this team that much better. I think what its going to come down to is will the Mavs be willing to part with Kidd. Hold out until the trade deadline and maybe there's a Pau Gasol-esque deal out there.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #12
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

An important win for the mavs. Everyone had a little extra hop in their step, including Josh who I saw do what he never does anymore... chase down his own rebound. Great game from him.

This team needs to force turnovers to get anything out of Jason Kidd.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #13
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Hallelujah, we beat a playoff contending team. We are now in the 7th seed.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 01-24-2009 at 02:21 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix, NO and Houston all lost. Funny how much a single win/loss means everything this season with how close things are.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:07 AM   #15
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently we were in the finals in 05, Dirk doesn't get to the line, and Stackhouse is our only efficient drive-to-the-hoop guy besides Howard.
06 bro.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #16
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
06 bro.
.... I know. That's why I said "apparently".

reading comprehension, bro. Flaco commented on how clueless the ESPN announcers were and I listed some of the "facts" they got wrong. One of which was the year we were in the finals.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-24-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #17
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Phoenix, NO and Houston all lost. Funny how much a single win/loss means everything this season with how close things are.
Phoenix didn't just lose--they got slaughtered by the freaking Bobcats. That may be worse than getting slaughtered by the Bucks (tough call).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-24-2009 at 04:38 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:14 AM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I would trade Josh even if we blow Boston out by 50.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:17 AM   #19
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
amen
Old 01-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
100-0 he is still a total liability and his personality and tendency to jack up shots in the 3rd and 4th are still there. Even if he drops 60pts, 25reb, 9ast I'd still trade him, and it would actually help get a good deal done.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #21
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
100-0 he is still a total liability and his personality and tendency to jack up shots in the 3rd and 4th are still there. Even if he drops 60pts, 25reb, 9ast I'd still trade him, and it would actually help get a good deal done.
I'd still trade Josh if he goes for 75, 32 and 14 and rescues a puppy from a burning building.

nice win last night.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
robhough69

robhough69 has a spectacular aura aboutrobhough69 has a spectacular aura aboutrobhough69 has a spectacular aura about

the Mavs played really well, although (i dont know about everyone) i coud still sense that the pistons were still in until about 5 minutes to go, i dont know we just need a more of a killer instinct just make sure of it IMO.

Also totally agree about the ESPN commentators, but im stuck with them because i only get 2 games a week here.. always on ESPN, although good for me next one is warriors @ mavs

Last edited by robhough69; 01-24-2009 at 10:35 AM.
robhough69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #23
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
We know that he can drive to the basket but he needs to start hitting his outside shot more, if it never comes around maybe Carroll can offset Wrights 3pt deficiencies coming off the bench.
His 3P% would say that Wright is a bad three point shooter, but the past 6 games Wright has shot 5/11, around 42-45%.

In the month of January, he's still shooting 25.5%, but his recent success hopefully is an indicator he's getting better at them.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhough69 View Post
the Mavs played really well, although (i dont know about everyone) i coud still sense that the pistons were still in until about 5 minutes to go, i dont know we just need a more of a killer instinct just make sure of it IMO.

Also totally agree about the ESPN commentators, but im stuck with them because i only get 2 games a week here.. always on ESPN, although good for me next one is warriors @ mavs
How is being up by 14 from the 3rd on and building the lead to 21 in the 4th quarter not killer instinct?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #25
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I'd still trade Josh if he goes for 75, 32 and 14 and rescues a puppy from a burning building.

nice win last night.
yeah, but would cuban trade him?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #26
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
yeah, but would cuban trade him?
we will see..
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

9 assists?
14 assists?

those are more out of the realm of possibility than 60 points.

y'all hilarious

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 01-24-2009 at 11:29 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

It was also nice to see Bass bring the hurt to Sheed, Iverson, Prince, Hamilton, and the Pistons.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 01-24-2009 at 12:14 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #29
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
9 assists?
14 assists?

those are more out of the realm of possibility than 60 points.

y'all hilarious
Actually, didn't Josh have 9 assists against the Clippers when Dirk got suspended?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post

nice win last night.
Id still trade Josh if he had two straight games of 100pts, 43rebounds, 10steals, and 14 blocks.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #31
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Id still trade Josh if he had two straight games of 100pts, 43rebounds, 10steals, and 14 blocks.
Especially if the man he was defending scored 150.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #32
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

After the last 2 games are you guys encouraged, discouraged, or just shell-shocked?

i'm shell-shocked.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #33
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

keep up playing like this through out the season~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #34
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
keep up playing like this through out the season~
Good coaching advice right here.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #35
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.... I know. That's why I said "apparently".

reading comprehension, bro. Flaco commented on how clueless the ESPN announcers were and I listed some of the "facts" they got wrong. One of which was the year we were in the finals.
I was way off on the sarcasm on that one. lol

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #36
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Josh and BBass value increased dramatically on this game, maybe we can trade em up for, Amare?
- http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11294057

Last edited by darkwitzki; 01-24-2009 at 08:09 PM.
darkwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:09 AM   #37
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Josh and BBass value increased dramatically on this game, maybe we can trade em up for, Amare?

eww. combine bass's shortcomings on defense with josh's laziness in one giant disappointment? i'll pass.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #38
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post

Amare??? I hope that was only a joke. We don't need another dumbass

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote