Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Dirk Fined For Technical Foul In Boston

Dirk Fined For Technical Foul In Boston

Posted: 1/28/2009 4:11:00 AM
Source: Jeff Caplan of the Forth Star-Telegram

Dirk Nowitzki will take the hit — a $1,500 fine — after a review led the NBA to charge a late technical foul Sunday at Boston to Nowitzki.

The referees apparently wanted to call it on owner Mark Cuban, but technicals can be called only on players, coaches and personnel seated on the bench.

Announced as a technical on the Mavs’ bench, the foul had to be assigned to an individual. Assistant coach Mario Elie got it. Now Nowitzki will pay for it.

I am sure Dirk will get the money back from Cuban, but
When did this happen??? and for what???

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 01-28-2009 at 12:51 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

That is bizarre.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Assistant coach Mario Elie got it. Now Nowitzki will pay for it.

Haeh ?

why -- help ?
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

lol. Hilarious. Here comes another USD1,500 for charity!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder where that money goes. I mean, we know Cuban pays the fine and then doubles it by donating the same amount to charity....... but what does the NBA do with the money?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
....... but what does the NBA do with the money?
They buy donuts for Stern & Co.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Cuban wipes his Maverick loving arse with $1,500.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm. . . Something about Dirk paying for Cuban's hot-headed mistakes. . .
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #9
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I wonder where that money goes. I mean, we know Cuban pays the fine and then doubles it by donating the same amount to charity....... but what does the NBA do with the money?
It does what you would do with the money.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
a.weidner

a.weidner has a spectacular aura abouta.weidner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
It does what you would do with the money.
like cheap hookers and expensive booze?
a.weidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

ABC commentators first said the bench was T ed up. Then they said Casey got it and the camera focused on him for a good 5 seconds. Then after the free throw, it focused on Cuban. So the intentional elbow by Smith at someone's head is not punished, but Cuban's technical is dumped on Dirk. The NBA, you gotta love it!!!! Run by morons.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I find it very difficult to like the NBA...but somehow, I still kinda do.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt Dirk would ever get to the 16 technical limit...but, that's pretty ridiculous if we were put in that situation, and Dirk was suspended for a very important game...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #14
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll pay with my vCash! Don't give in Dirk!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

They teched up Elie for Cuban, so Dirk pays the fine?

Makes perfect sense. /sarcasm
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #16
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

WOW are you kidding me?

and tcat, very well said. that is absolutely insane. what the hell...
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

couldnt they just fine Kidd from his 21.4 million dollar salary.

Or better yet, give the tech to a player like green who will never ever reach the technical threashold for suspension because he never plays.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Um......
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #19
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Dirk and the Mavs should drop $1500 worth of pennies onto David Stern's desk...fine paid!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
couldnt they just fine Kidd from his 21.4 million dollar salary.

Or better yet, give the tech to a player like green who will never ever reach the technical threashold for suspension because he never plays.
You would think that would be the more logical option but no... it has to be Dirk. It would be ridiculous if this came back to haunt us.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure why you guys are worried about the technical foul. It sounds like Elie got the actual 'T'...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

No kidding, Dirk wont even come close to this even being an issue! Well wait how many more times do we play Utah?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #23
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

no SMC that's not the point. The t's not on Dirk. So it's a non-issue.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
no SMC that's not the point. The t's not on Dirk. So it's a non-issue.

Right NOWHEREMAN so what s the big fn deal? Break the point down for me.. The anus is on you to explain why there is 23 posts over a 1,500 fine. I'm not the only one or the first that said something about him reaching the T-foul limit.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #25
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

dirk=bankrupt

I laughed at that...
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #26
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

fining somebody with out reason is the isssue -- not the amound
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #27
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Right NOWHEREMAN so what s the big fn deal? Break the point down for me.. The anus is on you to explain why there is 23 posts over a 1,500 fine. I'm not the only one or the first that said something about him reaching the T-foul limit.
1. Anus? The anus is most certainly not on me.

2. k fair enough, you weren't the first person to post that. I just want to make sure it's clear coming out of this thread to everyone that it's not going towards the cumulative limit since it's not actually on him. That's all. Some people seem to be having issues distinguishing between fronting a bill and being assigned a tech.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-02-2009 at 01:36 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #28
Rogue

Rogue is an unknown quantity at this point

cuban has been fined at times, it's a glorious tradition of our team to make more contribution to the league, including the luxury tax.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk=bankrupt