Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #41
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Odd how Dirk gets suspended for a controversial foul and then Bynum walks away squeaky clean after cracking someones ribs and collapsing their lungs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3870190

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum's foul on Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in Tuesday night's game has been upgraded from a Flagrant-1 to the more serious Flagrant-2 violation, the Lakers learned from the NBA on Thursday.

Wallace suffered a cracked rib and partially collapsed lung as a result on the collision. He left Staples Center on a stretcher and was taken to Centinela Hospital. Bynum told the Los Angeles Daily News on Thursday he called Wallace's cell phone and left a message.

"I didn't try to hurt him," Bynum told the Daily News. "His momentum was great, and if you look at the play, once he hit me I kind of spun around because I didn't know he was coming that fast.

"I wish him the best of luck and hope that he recovers."

Bobcats coach Larry Brown said he didn't think Bynum should be suspended.

"That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "If he had a history of that [rough play], I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

simply, that's ridiculous.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #43
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Yeah yeah. Broken ribs, collapsed lungs.....Rape. None of that matters in your a L.A. Faker man.

I mean their mayor is Arnold Schwarzenegger for crying out loud, come on!

Last edited by craggmac; 01-29-2009 at 07:26 PM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #44
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Wow, for a second, I thought Dirk was suspended again. Whew...
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #45
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Yeah yeah. Broken ribs, collapsed lungs.....Rape. None of that matters in your a L.A. Faker man.

I think he's the Govenator.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #46
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I think he's the Govenator.
I mean, they have to play rough in LA under the Governator, right?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #47
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I just now watched the foul on Youtube. He gave the guy an obvious elbow shot to the rib cage. If that's not an intentional act, I don't know what is.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #48
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post

LOL. "in your a L.A. Faker man."

Wow, Arnold is the mayor and the governor? No wonder he can't get shyte done.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote