Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #161
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Alby every winning team does that. The Argentinians did that next to them. Stop hating so much.

So who's going to be chatting with me at 1:30 in the morning this Sunday for the gold medal game?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #162
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

One more punch to Gasols uterus and that's it.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #163
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Alby every winning team does that. The Argentinians did that next to them. Stop hating so much.

So who's going to be chatting with me at 1:30 in the morning this Sunday for the gold medal game?
That would be me, of course.

Everyone needs to stay up.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #164
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
USA would have won by like 35. They let up when Manu went out.
Seriously. That's like saying imagine how the New York Giants would have played if they had Shocky. They played better without him.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #165
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Scola rips Paul and schools Bosh with the layup...

=p
Yeah, but you've got to allow me a little wherewithal with my Scola hatred. I'm cursed to live in crap-can Houston, and consequently I do watch most of the crap-can Houston rocket's games, so I have a deep, dark dislike of all rockets players ingrained deeply into my soul... Scola is a pretty good player, but it does amuse me to see him play terribly, and even though he looked good through most of the game, he ran out of gas and was floundering quite awfully at the end of that 4th quarter, and I am not ashamed to say that such said awful floundering, amusing I did find...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-22-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #166
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be watching. Hopefully this time on normal NBC or USA, unless they decide to pre-empt the game for some cooking-ware infomercials.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-22-2008 at 11:18 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #167
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

NBC is scheduled to show the game live on Saturday night/sunday morning...

But then again, their listings today said "live" and it wasn't...but that may have just been to accommodate morning news/tv.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #168
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

haha, another easy win!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #169
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The Spain game will be anti-climatic FYI.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #170
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks, because I start school related stuff Monday morning at 8am (and I'm going til 8:30pm that day). But, I haven't been waking up at 7am during my 3 weeks of real summer to watch all the games live only to wuss out for the final game.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #171
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Scola with 28 off the bench. The question is...will he get a 6th Man of the Year gold medal?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #172
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ha! Now I WIN Vcash by half a point.
Yeah, as U2 mentioned. Bookie takes and bookie gives.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #173
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
Yeah, as U2 mentioned. Bookie takes and bookie gives.
You can't control what the VBookie do...
Old 08-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #174
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
You can't control what the VBookie do...
True, true

btw: Where has the bb gold medal bookie thread gone ?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #175
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

From TrueHoop:

Now that's funny.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-22-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #176
LonghornDub

Kidd had 7 dimes today, the most on the team.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-22-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #177
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know if anyone heard, but there was a lengthy discussion on The Ticket today at lunch time about the start time of this game on NBC. Apparently the coverage was time delayed in many central time zones, but was live on the special basketball HD channels.

The East and West coast saw the game live on regular NBC.

I'm glad I wasn't trying to deal with all of that. Why in the heck is NBC tape delaying it in the central?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #178
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I don't know if anyone heard, but there was a lengthy discussion on The Ticket today at lunch time about the start time of this game on NBC. Apparently the coverage was time delayed in many central time zones, but was live on the special basketball HD channels.

I'm glad I wasn't trying to deal with all of that. Why in the heck is NBC tape delaying it in the central?
As to the discussion here in the forum, it must have been right in time. No one complained.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #179
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Yeah, the NBC coverage started about 35-40 minutes late. I had the Olympic Basketball channel that I watched it on, as well, but in between the 3rd and 4th quarter I thought I'd check to see if it was on NBC and it was, but in the 2nd quarter.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #180
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

$$$

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #181
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm going to admit it, this is the worst game Jason Kidd has played in the Games.
Quote:
Kidd has been nothing short of horrible today.
I just watched the game...LOOOONG ass day, but I'm guessing that was relatively early in the game. "Not so fast, my friend!" He really calmed things down for the team in the 3rd quarter, but kept the tempo up.

This is from the ESPN.com article here: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...gentina-080822

Kidd was the first person Krzyzewski approached in the locker room afterward, telling him he had played his best game of the tournament and had been somewhat of a savior when the Americans did manage to have some success against the zone.

"The start of the second half was critical to that win, and Jason Kidd was the key," Coach K said.

He was doing things systematically but with improvisation at the end. He'd dish out once he got it into the front court, would roll off the baseline, then get the ball back and find the cutter or drill the ball to man deep in the paint. It happened multiple times and led to lots of baskets. It was a nice sign of relief compared to the 3 point parade going on in the 2nd.

And yes...give me some Nocioni for the Mavericks. He might be sad or dejected the first part of the season leaving Chicago, but he'll get over it and play with a ton of heart and fire.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #182
LonghornDub

Wait, is the gold medal game tonight at 1:30 am, or Sunday night/Monday morn at 1:30 am?

I had thought it was the latter, but looking at it now I guess it's actually the former? That's much better, if so.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #183
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So.... Pinnacle Sports hasn't updated the lines for the Gold medal game.....

Anyone got another source?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #184
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Wait, is the gold medal game tonight at 1:30 am, or Sunday night/Monday morn at 1:30 am?

I had thought it was the latter, but looking at it now I guess it's actually the former? That's much better, if so.
Yes, it's the former. I wonderd if you knew that when you were lamenting your Monday schedule.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #185
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I found some really sketchy looking site here

http://www.canbet.com/Sport/BetTypeC...riod=Full+Game

They have the line at 21.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #186
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Pinnacle updated a few minutes ago (well, while I was showering). So I already created the vBookie. But thanks...
Old 08-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #187
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yes, it's the former. I wonderd if you knew that when you were lamenting your Monday schedule.
I was. Next time you should speak up and rectify my ignorance.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #188
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I was. Next time you should speak up and rectify my ignorance.
I just figured maybe it took you 48 hours to recover from that kind of lack of sleep.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game