Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

The Dirk we all know might be gone. I mean we are halfway through the season already. He has no life in his legs. I really do think that finals run followed by playing for team Germany screwed up his body. I'm hoping like hell that he will come back around.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
The Dirk we all know might be gone. I mean we are halfway through the season already. He has no life in his legs. I really do think that finals run followed by playing for team Germany screwed up his body. I'm hoping like hell that he will come back around.
You know that Dirk missed 27 games? Give him 2-3 more weeks or even more until he is fully back!

Some guys here...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
You know that Dirk missed 27 games? Give him 2-3 more weeks or even more until he is fully back!

Some guys here...
I forgot to mention last night that he said he feels its sort of been like a training camp for him during this timeframe.

He's going to look at tweaking his pregame routine to try to get in a better rhythm early. He might also try to be more aggressive early in games.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I forgot to mention last night that he said he feels its sort of been like a training camp for him during this timeframe.

He's going to look at tweaking his pregame routine to try to get in a better rhythm early. He might also try to be more aggressive early in games.
It should help if he gets the ball early on...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
He hasn't played for half the season. The knee surgery and then the resulting lack of conditioning have made him struggle. He's admitted he came back too soon. Those factors combined with his being 34 are going to affect his play.
He may not return to what he was and just simply be a solid contributor on court, but not the dominating force he was a couple of years ago. It happens. Duncan, Garnett, and Kobe (sorry, he just has too many chuckfests) have all declined. Kobe's having a very good year this year, but it isn't translating into wins, either. It happens with age and years and is inevitable.
That's why Cuban needs to pursue the idea of getting the next franchise cornerstone now. And no, Howard isn't it. Dirk needs to become the 2/3rd best player on the court.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i'm mike james bitch!