Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 10-25-2003, 01:20 AM   #41
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Plausible Trade?

Quote:
Surely the Mavs are not thinking about a 3-team trade right now.
No way no how....and don't call me shirley. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2003, 05:00 AM   #42
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Fortson and TAW for Davis would also work, and that would be the only trade I'd be willing to do to get him (at least in a two way), but no way Toronto would do it because the contracts they'd be getting would last a couple years longer than Davis' contract.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:36 AM   #43
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE: Plausible Trade?

I agree...Forstons and TAW are about all i would even consider giving up for Davis

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 11:15 AM   #44
Objective J

Objective J is on a distinguished road

What about this trade:

Dallas trades:
SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (4.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14.6 minutes)

Dallas receives:
PF Troy Murphy (11.7 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 1.3 apg in 31.8 minutes)
C Adonal Foyle (5.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 21.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +13.0 ppg, +13.3 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Adonal Foyle alongside Danny Fortson could solve every problem the Mavs had at the 5 spot. This would effectively turn the Mavs into a defensive and rebounding powerhouse. I know the talent levels of the players in the trade aren't equitable, but the salaries work.
Objective J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 11:40 AM   #45
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
What about this trade:

Dallas trades:

Dallas receives:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Adonal Foyle alongside Danny Fortson could solve every problem the Mavs had at the 5 spot. This would effectively turn the Mavs into a defensive and rebounding powerhouse. I know the talent levels of the players in the trade aren't equitable, but the salaries work.
But why on earth would GS even consider this trade? TAW fills none of their needs. They lose a great PF and a decent backup center for a spare with an incredibly bad contract that wont' be up for several years.

Old 10-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #46
Objective J

I agree with you that the disparity between what the two teams are getting is great. I guess I am trying to figure out what kind of trade would be feasible that would land us Adonal Foyle. I know we just gave up our number one pick for next year, but there must be something that Cuban can do to balance the talent levels. I know Adonal Foyle is in the last year of his contract, and perhaps Golden State could agree to get something for him. But, you are right something better needs to be offered than TAW. I just don't know a good structure to put together. Getting Adonal Foyle may be impossible without a three player trade. I mainly tabled it to see if anyone on the board had any ideas of how we could get Foyle or Dampier. If I was Cuban, I would give up almost any combination of players outside of the big three to get one or both of those guys.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:25 PM   #47
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

we could throw in Najera to make it more attracting to GS, although I doubt they would accept it
Old 10-25-2003, 12:28 PM   #48
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

A mod should rename this thread " THE REAL Stoopid Trades Thread". I might become a Raptors fan if they added Finley to Bosh and Vince Carter.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 01:23 PM   #49
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Objective J
What about this trade:

Dallas trades:

Dallas receives:

TRADE ACCEPTED

gs would have to be smokin some good herb to pull this one off

there's absolutely no way that a team gives up two quality big men in the western conference unless they're getting a superstar in return

rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 01:59 PM   #50
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

true... I still feel najera, antoine, and travis best along with a future first rounder for Ben wallace and trash would be good for our team

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 10-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #51
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
A mod should rename this thread " THE REAL Stoopid Trades Thread". I might become a Raptors fan if they added Finley to Bosh and Vince Carter.
Or rename it to "You need to be smoking some good stuff to make these trades thread".
Old 10-25-2003, 02:35 PM   #52
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Old 10-25-2003, 02:43 PM   #53
Objective J

Alright stay with me on this. What about:

Dallas trades:
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)

Dallas receives:
C Erick Dampier (8.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -6.5 ppg, +5.4 rpg, and -3.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I know that Golden State would be short on big men, but they gain a prolific scorer. Maybe we could throw in something to sweeten the deal, but those three players could be the meat of the trade.

Old 10-25-2003, 02:52 PM   #54
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I'm not too sure about that...Walker may be too valuable for our team to just trade away for a couple of big bodies

Old 10-25-2003, 02:57 PM   #55
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
how about this trade :

Dallas trades: Shawn Bradley 7' 6" 275 lbs
Eduardo Najera 6' 8" 235 lbs

Dallas recieves: The Big Show 7' 2" 500 lbs
The Undertaker 6'10" 328 lbs

WWE trades: The Big Show 7' 2" 500 lbs
The Undertaker 6'10" 328 lbs

WWE recieves: Shawn Bradley 7' 6" 275 lbs
Eduardo Najera 6' 8" 235 lbs

Trade Excepted
I'm not sure how the WWE needs Najera when they have Eddie Guererro to fill the same role.

Bradley could work in WWE as a younger Undertaker, though he might have to don a mask and some full body armor to cover his pale, non steroided skin.

Big Show would be a monster on Dallas. I wonder if he can shoot.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 03:01 PM   #56
Objective J

These aren't just big bodies. This may sound like I have a woody for Foyle, but I scouted him last year on the NBA League Pass. He is an unstoppable rebounding force who was coming off the bench. The fact that Golden State led the league in rebounding last year was no accident. Their three headed monster of Foyle, Dampier, and Fortson could not be kept off the boards. In my opinion, Foyle was the best of the three (defensively) and he saw limited playing time because of the log jam they had at the 4/5 position. Throw Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, and Clif Robinson in the mix, and the log jam for them is even greater. We already have one of the three players that I wanted. If we could land Dampier and or Foyle, we would essentially have the players that led the league in rebounding last year not to mention their low post defending abilities.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:22 PM   #57
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

hmm... thats an interesting thought. What do you think about this?

Dallas trades: PG Travis Best (8.4 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.5 apg in 25.1 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.0 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (22.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 39.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: SG Bob Sura (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 20.6 minutes)
PF Ben Wallace (6.9 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 39.3 minutes)
C Elden Campbell (6.1 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -17.0 ppg, +7.9 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Detroit trades: SG Bob Sura (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 20.6 minutes)
PF Ben Wallace (6.9 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 39.3 minutes)
C Elden Campbell (6.1 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.5 minutes)
Detroit receives: PG Travis Best (8.4 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.5 apg in 72 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 48 games)
SF Antawn Jamison (22.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: +17.0 ppg, -7.9 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

and if this werent attractive enough for Detroit we could possibly throw in a future first rounder to spice it up.

Old 10-25-2003, 03:30 PM   #58
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

can you imagine wallace and fortson in the same lineup? ....and I also like Wallace because although he may be an offensive liability he is an extremely athletic and versatile monster on both defense and on the boards. I'm sure he could even play some 3 if needed.

Old 10-25-2003, 03:38 PM   #59
Objective J

Your trade just doesn't sound that great to me. I am not that big of a Ben Wallace fan.

Adam... earlier posted these stats for Ben Wallace:

SAC
9.0pts 17.5Rbs 4.0bks 2.0st

Lakers
10.0pts 14.5Rbs 2.0bks 1.0st

Spurs
4.0pts 7.5Rbs 2.0blks 2.0st

I like him, but I just don't know how he would last day in and day out against the West centers. In my earlier post, I forgot to throw in Nesterovic and Paul Gasol as other 7ft+ centers he would have to contend with. Ben is really strong, but I think with his size he would have the same problems Dirk would have starting at center every day.

Elden Campbell...I used to be a big fan, but I just think he is on his last legs. Najera and Jamison could probably be used in a more efficient manner to get someone 6'10" plus for the five position. I am not a big fan of undersized centers, otherwise, we would already have our answer with Fortson.

The reason I keep mentioning the Golden State guys is because three players of pretty good size would last better over the 82 game season.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:49 PM   #60
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

those stats arent that bad at all ..17.5 rebounds against vlade and webber, almost 15 rebounds against shaq, not so good against the spurs but still not bad, and doing this while averaging about 3.25 blocks. Plus he wouldnt have to kill himself in there with the trees in the west because he still alternates PT at center with Bradley, Fortson, and Campbell. With these guys in the lineup he may not have to play center the whole time, alternating roles to play PF where he may feel a little more comfortable and not get banged up so bad.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:21 PM   #61
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
can you imagine wallace and fortson in the same lineup? ....and I also like Wallace because although he may be an offensive liability he is an extremely athletic and versatile monster on both defense and on the boards. I'm sure he could even play some 3 if needed.

Yes I could and it would stink to high heaven. The Mavs could kiss any shot at getting home court in the playoffs goodbye if those 2 play significant time together. Neither player is worth a damn putting the ball in the hoop. Can't afford to play 3 on 5 offense. Of defense will still suck because Fort is not a great defender, but can be decent. And we still have 3 other positions that won't defend well. So now we can't stop people that well and we can't score that well. This sucks.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:43 PM   #62
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I dont see it that way...although this trade doesnt help our perimeter D...which is where defense begins, I do believe it would help us defensively down low by seaming up gaps and would help us tremendously with boards. Fortson would still come in as a back up along with Bradley and Wallace could be used in either the Pf or C positions depending on Nellie's matchup notions for that particular game. Not having five shooting talents on the floor at once is just a risk we would have to be willing to take. I was thinking of the Fortson-Wallace lineup in a double digit lead type of situation in order to control the boards and focus more on D.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:22 PM   #63
inter1488

inter1488 is on a distinguished road

not an option

inter1488 is offline   Reply With Quote