Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #30
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Donnie on the draft:

Quote:
"I think in this particular instance, this was a unique draft with some early surprises which as a result, I think teams in the middle started to hold on to their picks. I think there were a lot of deals that were in the late lottery that didn't happen because of the way picks three and four went. Then, all of a sudden, people were going to push some of those lottery guys down. I think as a result there was probably less activity up in that area. When we got down to the 20's as we laid out, between the international guys because there was a lot of 'draft and stash' with those type of guys. There was a pretty significant influx of those international guys, which again pushed guys down.''

"And [Hammons] was one of them. What we like is a four-year guy, All-Big Ten defense, at 24, he has a body that can come right in and have an immediate impact. He's a shot-blocker, 2.5 or so a game. He has a rebound every three minutes, which is excellent for a big guy. Soft hands, he has a nice little low box to him. Good patience. Makes his free throws. Hits a mid-range jump shot. ... I think what you're looking at is a pretty valuable pick in the second round. But certainly he's not perfect, otherwise we wouldn't be looking at him in the second round. But he's got the right stuff and he's at the right age and it's at a need position for us."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote