Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #481
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Haha, check out what Nellie said about the new mic's:

Locker room privacy invaded by ESPN
•Nelson isn't at ease with a camera taping pregame and halftime talks

Contra Costa Times
Article Launched: 12/15/2007 02:59:35 AM PST

OAKLAND -- The Warriors didn't do any remodeling of their locker room at the Oracle Arena, but the space didn't have that same feeling of coziness Friday, at least in coach Don Nelson's opinion. Not with a Panasonic camera armed with a Fuji zoom lens stationed next to Mickael Pietrus' locker, courtesy of ESPN.

"It's just not going to be the same," Nelson said. "It's not just you and your best friends on the team in there; there's a whole lot of other folks that could be listening in."

The camera was just one of several new intrusions the league has afforded its national broadcasters this season. In addition to the locker-room camera, which taped Nelson's pregame and halftime talks for possible use later in the game, the coach and guard Baron Davis each wore a microphone during the contest, and Nelson was scheduled to give an interview during the third quarter.

"It's an unfamiliar territory for me," said Nelson, who's in his 28th season as an NBA coach. "It's going to be hard to be yourself, for sure, and that's the negative of the thing. You end up being an artificial person. You don't want to say your feelings sometimes, you have to be careful, you have to watch yourself. But my superiors demanded that we do it, so we'll do the best we can with it."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson was also miked up Friday, making it the second night in a row for him. The Lakers' win Thursday over San Antonio was shown on TNT.

"I'm not happy with it, but it didn't change anything," said Jackson, who claimed to have technical difficulties Thursday. "I turned (the microphone) off for a period of time in the first half. They told me that the battery had died on it anyway."

Coaches are given the right to kill the microphone in sensitive moments, but as Warriors executive vice president Chris Mullin pointed out before the game, it's hard to remember to click the button when your adrenaline is racing and your competitive juices flowing. "It's like, 'OK, wait ... now I'm mad,'" Mullin said. "A lot of stuff is more reactionary than that."

Despite the safeguards in place -- a representative for the league vets everything the networks want to use from the locker-room cameras before it hits the air -- Utah coach Jerry Sloan was shown by ESPN using an expletive in the Jazz's game Wednesday. With nine more nationally televised games remaining on the Warriors' schedule, could the same fate be awaiting Nelson?

"If that happened, would I be surprised?" Mullin said. "No."

Said Nelson: "Since four-letter words are about all I know, it'll be difficult not to use them."

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #482
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Duncan returns tonight against the Nuggets. Parker is still out and expected to miss the next game at least.

Kenyon Martin is suspended one game for the flagrant foul he had on Melvin Ely on Wednesday so he's out tonight. Nene, Hunter, Atkins are all out as well. I believe Najera is questionable.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #483
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

halftime

Suns - 46
Hornets 59

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #484
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

another 30/20 game for Dwight (31 points 20 rebounds) in a losing effort.

Contact Me
Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #485
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

New Orleans playing Phoenix tough. I think they were up 5 when I last checked.

I thought the Nuggets were going to roll over on the Spurs but Finley, Oberto, and Barry had other ideas. Those 3 are on fire. Duncan (expected with 1st game back) and Ginobli not really factors.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #486
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

those pesky hornets took the suns it appears. I guess they aren't pushovers after all.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #487
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

and at the end of the night, your top 3 teams in the west are san antonio, phoenix, and dallas. the more things change..

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 AM   #488
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
and at the end of the night, your top 3 teams in the west are san antonio, phoenix, and dallas. the more things change..

but....but...!! we aren't gunna make teh playofs!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #489
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

wow... portland with 7 in a row. impressive.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #490
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
wow... portland with 7 in a row. impressive.
without aldridge too
Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #491
alby
Guru

Portland definitely has the youth to re-start that rediculous playoff streak they had for all those years

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-17-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #492
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Scary to think that as good as Portland is now, those young guys will only get better next year, plus be joined by Greg Oden.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #493
alby
Guru

I love having multiple TV screens=]

watching...

Suns v. Spurs and
Magic v. Mavs

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #494
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Spurs - Suns game should be interesting. No Parker or Elson and Duncan still not 100% on that ankle.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #495
alby
Guru

Duncan dominated the first 8 minutes though

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #496
alby
Guru

I will be surprised if SA loses tonight

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #497
alby
Guru

triple post

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-17-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #498
alby
Guru

halftime

Suns - 51
Spurs - 50

San Antonio is so solid. =\

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-17-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #499
alby
Guru

atlanta beats utah... the jazz are in a bad funk right now (boozer 39/12)

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #500
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Duncan has a ridiculous halftime stat line but Skinner or Diaw can't guard him. Stoudamire isn't on him too much to stay out of foul trouble. Make no mistake in that Ducan isn't 100% with that ankle yet.

Ginobli continues to struggle. I wouldn't be suprised if he sits some games once Parker is back.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #501
alby
Guru

MFF, Duncan is just showing Amare who is boss. Best superstar in the NBA=TD

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #502
alby
Guru

end of the third

Suns - 74
Spurs - 67

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #503
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Spurs down 1 with about 8 minutes left. Suns go up 6-8 points and then the Spurs come back again. Not sure how many times they can do that.

Duncan with a monster game and Vaughn has played well offesively.

Ginobli stinking it up again with Finley and Barry hitting and missing. Not sure the Spurs have enough to pull this one out.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #504
alby
Guru

A hell of a game tonight between the Suns/Spurs
Duncan is the best superstar in this league.
He finished the game with 36 points and 17 rebounds
but the Suns end up winning, thanks to a clutch steal by Diaw
Suns - 100
Spurs - 95

Cleveland wins in double overtime
Redd played 54 mins

Dunleavy had 36 points and Indiana romped the Knicks

Contact Me
Old 12-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #505
MavsFanFinley
Guru

That was a hell of a game wasn't it? I'm so impressed with the Spurs. They have no Parker or Elson and Ginobli continues to stink it up out there and they still only lose by 5 to the Suns. Monster game by Duncan and they got nice contributions from Finley and Vaughn but no one else came to play tonight.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #506
alby
Guru

Finley is a very clutch shooter for them.

Contact Me
Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 AM   #507
alby
Guru

The knicks managed to miss 20 shots in a row tonight.

Contact Me
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #508
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Portland's current run has been the most surprising story of the year IMO. They're about to win they're 8th straight and half of those have been without Aldridge. And it's know like they're feasting on the East. They've beaten Utah twice, GS, Denver and now NO. Good times for Blazers fans.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #509
fluid.forty.one

Congrats to the blazers... this is really impressive. It's equally unimpressive what Utah is doing.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #510
MavsFanFinley
Guru

What's up with Utah? That's still a team I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs but they'll miss out if they keep going the way they are.

Good for Portland and the streak they're on. That team is going to be something special when Oden joins the party. If Utah and Houston continue to slide I see no reason why the Blazers can't make the playoffs.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #511
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Finley is a very clutch shooter for them.
the last 2 or 3 years as a mav, finley couldn't hit anthing, now he is clutch?

i hate him.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #512
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Fin's been playing good ball as of late. I believe since Duncan was hurt. What happened to Ginobilli? He was puttin' up 37 consistently not too long ago lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #513
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm not going to get into another argument about Finley and his shooting when he was in Dallas compared to San Antonio. I think it's obvious what a player with a low post game can do for a jump shooter like Finley is now.

I think Ginobli just needs rest. He's not getting any lift on his layups which is why he's missing a bunch and he's taking some tough jumpers. He's trying too much, like he's trying to make up for his bad play.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #514
alby
Guru

MFF, I agree with you on Finley.

Contact Me
Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #515
fluid.forty.one

wow the sac/njn game is a great one.. who would'a thunk it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #516
alby
Guru

The Nets are so bad. Kidd is justified for wanting to get out of there.

Contact Me
Old 12-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #517
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Did you see Carter at the end of the game? He was pissed off and Jefferson tried to slap him on the back/arm and Carter shrugged him off and walked off. It must be fun in that locker room.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:01 AM   #518
adirktotheheart
Banned

adirktotheheart has a spectacular aura aboutadirktotheheart has a spectacular aura about

Anyone worried about LAL? They just slaughtered CHI but more significantly, A. Bynum's season so far: 11.1 ppg; 10 rebounds/game; 2.1 blks/game. Looks like the Lakers have another Tyson Chandler in the making. Bet they're glad they didn't trade him.

Last edited by adirktotheheart; 12-19-2007 at 03:02 AM.
adirktotheheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #519
fluid.forty.one

I have far bigger worries than the Lakers.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:53 AM   #520
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirktotheheart
Anyone worried about LAL? They just slaughtered CHI but more significantly, A. Bynum's season so far: 11.1 ppg; 10 rebounds/game; 2.1 blks/game. Looks like the Lakers have another Tyson Chandler in the making. Bet they're glad they didn't trade him.

Not really worried about the Lakers. They're capable of beating any team in the league I believe but out of the top teams I have the least faith in them beating any team in the West in a 7 game series. Wasn't Kobe crying about the Lakers not trading Bynum away? Bynum is probably their biggest trade asset at this point aside from Kobe. I have no clue why Kobe wanted to get rid of a kid who was just 19 last year.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote