Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-15-2022, 09:47 AM   #1281
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I would have picked E.J. Liddell but now he's out for the year with an ACL
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #1282
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Um. I either had autism before attempting to decipher this post or I just accomplished it by trying to but I can't figure out who this is talking about.
My fault. I thought it was in the article. It was about Shabazz Muhammad.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:08 PM   #1283
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Good podcast on Dallas by Brian Windhorst

https://youtu.be/CdG9pnpCP28

I really like how they are upfront and honest about Cuban trying to avoid the luxury tax and how the Brunson issue was mishandled.

I don't want to say Luka is going to want out but I will say I don't think Luka is going to be as loyal as Dirk.

Last edited by Dallas41; 07-15-2022 at 03:11 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:41 PM   #1284
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope they sign Schroder or get some backup pg. Still need that.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 05:21 PM   #1285
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

I really like how they are upfront and honest about Cuban trying to avoid the luxury tax and how the Brunson issue was mishandled.

I don't want to say Luka is going to want out but I will say I don't think Luka is going to be as loyal as Dirk.
Agreed, Luka being friends with Dragic, probably got us a conversation....but when we revealed his PT....I would think Luka would have to be at the forefront of any free agent recruitment....and would a rejection mean Luka can't get any one.....or is it like the Dragic situation....we were too honest.....should have gone with the notion....we don't know how the season is going to turn out....we have a role for a 3rd ball handler, replacing Brunson......Dragic looks at Brunson's minutes....he signs.....
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 05:43 PM   #1286
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I really hope they sign Schroder or get some backup pg. Still need that.
I really think they are waiting to see if they can include themselves in one of the blockbuster deals that goes down, or maybe a buyout candidate that was part of a deal.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:21 PM   #1287
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I really hope TMac is wrong here about the Mavs deciding they were out on Brunson when they found out what the Knicks were planning to spend. If they lost out on him, because they were out bid, then it means Cuban is still in charge, and still dumb af.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:07 PM   #1288
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Agreed, Luka being friends with Dragic, probably got us a conversation....but when we revealed his PT....I would think Luka would have to be at the forefront of any free agent recruitment....and would a rejection mean Luka can't get any one.....or is it like the Dragic situation....we were too honest.....should have gone with the notion....we don't know how the season is going to turn out....we have a role for a 3rd ball handler, replacing Brunson......Dragic looks at Brunson's minutes....he signs.....
I wasn't crazy about Dragic just like I wasn't crazy about that trade they made for Reddick.

But what I find confusing is that in league when teams are resting players do to injuries or fatigue how do you know what minutes a guy might play before the season even starts?

What if you lose Luka for a week or two doing the season would you have still stuck to your plan to only play Dragic minimal minutes or games?

What if the dude showed up in training camp and was clearly your best backup option at PG do you still stick when that playing time logic.

The Mavs do some of the dumbest stuff at times doing FA period and that's why I think they miss out on the boat every year.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:44 PM   #1289
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't crazy about Dragic just like I wasn't crazy about that trade they made for Reddick.

But what I find confusing is that in league when teams are resting players do to injuries or fatigue how do you know what minutes a guy might play before the season even starts?

What if you lose Luka for a week or two doing the season would you have still stuck to your plan to only play Dragic minimal minutes or games?

What if the dude showed up in training camp and was clearly your best backup option at PG do you still stick when that playing time logic.

The Mavs do some of the dumbest stuff at times doing FA period and that's why I think they miss out on the boat every year.
Hear say, unless the Mavs FO confirm that was their pitch.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:20 AM   #1290
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hear say, unless the Mavs FO confirm that was their pitch.
It?s not hearsay. Dragic was a party to the talks.

It is poor communication and/or translation though.

Bulls probably lied and/or exaggerated their role like Mavs probably did with McGee to get the deal signed. Mavs we?re probably honest that he could play 20-25 a night one night and SD/THJ could catch fire another and he?d get a DNP. Those are just facts.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 11:17 AM   #1291
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Bulls probably lied and/or exaggerated their role like Mavs probably did with McGee to get the deal signed. Mavs we?re probably honest that he could play 20-25 a night one night and SD/THJ could catch fire another and he?d get a DNP. Those are just facts.
And I would tend to side with the FO here. I think they have their sights set higher and will be patient. Still plenty of time and options (don?t discount trades) remain.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #1292
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

If the Mav FO disputes the statement then, why buy it? Tbh IDC maybe it is true. We 100% needed him more than what was "supposedly" pitched. Especially with thr idea of SD in the starting lineup. We literally have no trustworthy back up. Idk what their plan is or if they even have one, but I can't imagine it involves WCF - to - no one in the 2nd unit to even bring the ball up the floor, much less distribute and...dribble.

Old 07-16-2022, 05:01 PM   #1293
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the Mav FO disputes the statement then, why buy it? Tbh IDC maybe it is true. We 100% needed him more than what was "supposedly" pitched. Especially with thr idea of SD in the starting lineup. We literally have no trustworthy back up. Idk what their plan is or if they even have one, but I can't imagine it involves WCF - to - no one in the 2nd unit to even bring the ball up the floor, much less distribute and...dribble.
Well their track record of making moves July and on during the summer is pretty bad, so I don't know why people think they have some secret move they are waiting on.

I mean, you're talking about potentially getting someone like Mike Conley at this point who is one year off of Dragic in terms of age.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:19 PM   #1294
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Well their track record of making moves July and on during the summer is pretty bad, so I don't know why people think they have some secret move they are waiting on.

I mean, you're talking about potentially getting someone like Mike Conley at this point who is one year off of Dragic in terms of age.
Can Pat Bev be traded again? Is there an amount of time before he can be traded? We could really use him...like now.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:56 PM   #1295
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Can Pat Bev be traded again? Is there an amount of time before he can be traded? We could really use him...like now.
They can trade him solo but not in a package going out.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #1296
BPo001
Diamond Member

Luka Doncic is not active in recruiting players to his team, ESPN reports. ?They seek his input, but he?s not heavily involved in personnel decisions,? ESPN?s reporter Tim MacMahon told. ?He has not shown interest in being heavily involved. He spends much of his offseason in Europe. He?s not a guy who has shown the desire to be a recruiter.? ? via BasketNews
Old 07-17-2022, 01:48 PM   #1297
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

I'm not going to be critical of him for that. Others can if they choose.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-17-2022 at 01:49 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:06 PM   #1298
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
That's not the reality of the modern NBA where guys recruit each other in the offseason (and sometimes after games).

It doesn't shine the light away from the FO inability to attract FAs, but if Luka wants help, then he can play a bigger part in it.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #1299
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That's not the reality of the modern NBA where guys recruit each other in the offseason (and sometimes after games).

It doesn't shine the light away from the FO inability to attract FAs, but if Luka wants help, then he can play a bigger part in it.
Some people just are not recruiters. It's also not my personality. Nothing you can do to change that about me. I assume same for him.

Making friends in general is something that just comes natural when you spend time with someone. Not something you seek out to do.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-17-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:32 PM   #1300
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Funny how this Luka not active in recruiting story made it's way to ESPN. Very similar to the Cowboys using their media operatives to discredit a particular player and control the narrative. You get the "Luka is not doing his part" thing trending enough it takes pressure off the FO fucking up the 2019-2020 period that was key to building a young core around Luka. Don't fall for these Luka is doing this or that flavor of the month...
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:02 PM   #1301
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:

The Mavs are a $hitshow with Cuban as owner. Luka is going to play out his contract, collect bank and then move on to a more competent franchise when his contract is up. He'll still be early in his prime. Anybody want to bet against this?
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:23 PM   #1302
JustJay

Let's say Luka made friends with Lebron, KD.....any top 10 player you want to name. We don't have the cap space to sign them anyway, and we don't have the trade assets, and we're still Dallas with Cuban as owner. It just wouldn't matter.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:40 PM   #1303
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
There are a couple of guys at 37 I would have considered over Hardy -- JD Davidson, Kendall Brown, Moussa Diabate, and Kennedy Chandler.

Obviously it's very early, but it's going to hurt if those guys pan out and Hardy doesn't.
I can't be upset at missing on a 2nd rounder though even if guys pan out and look better. It hurts far worse when you have a Saadiq Bey or Desmond Bane or Tyrese Maxey stairing at you and you chose Josh Green. Now that one hurt. All 3 of those have shown they can start in this league with Bane and Maxey showing they can do it on contenders. Meanwhile we are hoping and praying for 15 minutes a night from Josh Green. A major goof.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:41 PM   #1304
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Funny how this Luka not active in recruiting story made it's way to ESPN. Very similar to the Cowboys using their media operatives to discredit a particular player and control the narrative. You get the "Luka is not doing his part" thing trending enough it takes pressure off the FO fucking up the 2019-2020 period that was key to building a young core around Luka. Don't fall for these Luka is doing this or that flavor of the month...
Well I crapped on the FO since 2019 FA, so you know that's not me. Most people around here get that. I think it's because they are so bad that they need Luka's help. Remember Chandler Parsons? We didn't even have a remote shot at D. Jordan without Parsons recruiting him.

Nico is our one prayer to change things, but FA has been meh so far. I just can't believe we didn't even get a meeting with Brunson. There is no excuse for that.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-17-2022 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #1305
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I won't be critical of it but at the same time I think in todays NBA you need to have a more hands-on guy but this goes back to the argument that he doesn't have a relationship with players around the league outside of guys he grew up with. Its gonna hinder this team. I don't know how much but its essentially going into a boxing match with one hand tied behind your back. Nico is going to have his hands full.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:44 PM   #1306
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I mean I personally don't need anything to leak. We know Luka didnt' take part in AAU basketball which is where these guys build their relationships. It sounds crazy but when guys are playing each other at 15 or 16 years old? Its going to mean something 10 years later.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #1307
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Let's say Luka made friends with Lebron, KD.....any top 10 player you want to name. We don't have the cap space to sign them anyway, and we don't have the trade assets, and we're still Dallas with Cuban as owner. It just wouldn't matter.
There's more to the NBA than those guys though. For instance the story that came out about Kyle Kuzma and Monte Morris. These aren't the best players in the league but these are good players who have known each other since they were children and always had the dream of playing with each other. This is the stuff Luka is missing which its not only on him. There are other guys on this team who should be able to recruit even if they aren't the best player on this team.

But there's no doubt that a guy like Lebron can convince players like Kendrick Dunn and Malik Monk to take small contracts. That stuff surely doesn't hurt
Old 07-17-2022, 06:54 PM   #1308
JustJay

You know who else was bad at recruiting players? Michael Jordan.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:00 PM   #1309
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
You know who else was bad at recruiting players? Michael Jordan.
They drafted one of the best of all time Scottie Pippen, so he didn't need to? That's why choking on the 2020 draft was such a big deal.

We might be champions had we drafted Bey or Bane. For sure Bane.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:37 PM   #1310
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

There's an alternative universe where our closing 5 is:

Luka
Maxey
Bane
DFS
Wood
Old 07-17-2022, 08:39 PM   #1311
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lol this is pretty contrived. If you know the context then you know TMac mentioned this offhand while on a podcast with Windhorst and ESPN ran with it during the slow offseason period.

There's no grand conspiracy.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:40 PM   #1312
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
They drafted one of the best of all time Scottie Pippen, so he didn't need to? That's why choking on the 2020 draft was such a big deal.

Bingo!
Old 07-17-2022, 08:41 PM   #1313
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
There's an alternative universe where our closing 5 is:

Luka
Maxey
Bane
DFS
Wood
Rings... Not 1, not 2, not 3...... Unfortunately in the current universe there is a good chance that not one of the 3 players picked will still be on the team in less than 12 months from now.

Last edited by Zeus; 07-17-2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:41 PM   #1314
tap2390
Diamond Member

This is going to be very unpopular. Our best chance to contend is Luka gets 'hurt' and we have one of the worst records in the league, securing a top 10 pick next season.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:16 PM   #1315
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you really want to feel bad, we could have had BOTH
Old 07-18-2022, 12:43 AM   #1316
JustJay

Quote:

Exactly, blame the front office for constantly screwing up, not Luka.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:29 AM   #1317
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

We addressed 2 big areas - center position in McGee, power forward position in Wood.
Should be a better team defensively and that's saying something as I think we were top 10 last season. Should also be better rebounding with those guys as well.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:40 AM   #1318
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Exactly, blame the front office for constantly screwing up, not Luka.
Nobody is blaming Luka, but if he wants a second star to play with, then he can certainly participate in the process more.

Old 07-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #1319
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
If you really want to feel bad, we could have had BOTH
How could we have both? We picked 18 and 31. I assume you meant we could have drafted both that year?

Bey went 19 and Bane 30.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:48 AM   #1320
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
How could we have both? We picked 18 and 31. I assume you meant we could have drafted both that year?

Bey went 19 and Bane 30.
We had the 36th pick as well. We could have easily moved the 30th and 36th pick to get 29 or 30