Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #2001
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think this board is collectively overestimating what Brogdon will get and underestimating what his impact and fit would be on this team. It's creating quite a divide and was a very interesting few pages to read through.

Love the fire and passion though, it's awesome and a fun time/place to be.
There was a good article somewhere that said bidding on a restricted free agent has a lot downside. We can all remember Chandler Parsons and how it felt like Dallas had to wait and sweat.... and wait and sweat. Then when Houston didn't match and we got him, it felt like we had just acquired a top tier free agent.

It's always possible to overpay badly.... and it's not like Brogdon has a long track record to evaluate. It's entirely possible that both media and the fans have inflated his value now to the point that his acquisition looks too expensive.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #2002
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

My only concern about Brogdon is the bone in his foot that is already fused. If something goes wrong with his foot and we owe $90 more million to him....crying Jordan face me.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:13 AM   #2003
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think this board is collectively overestimating what Brogdon will get and underestimating what his impact and fit would be on this team. It's creating quite a divide and was a very interesting few pages to read through.

Love the fire and passion though, it's awesome and a fun time/place to be.
I like Brogdon, and I think he's a good fit, but I haven't really seen him play that much. Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with him as a standout player from what I saw of him in the playoffs. Solid? Yes, but he was no Siakam from what I saw. His age and position, 3-pt shooting are definitely pluses, but to overpay for that? I'm just not sure. I'll let the MBT make that decision without any critique from me. I just don't know.

Early on I really liked Vuc, but he has really faded after a less than stellar playoff showing, but in his defense, it was against the Raptors, and they did win the championship. Lately, I was on the Kemba bandwagon, but now with Boston and the max numbers being thrown around, I'm less inclined to add him even though it's a significant talent boost. Honestly, I think if Vuc can be had for 4/90 or even up to 4/100, I think I'd take him, let Powell go, and fill in with some cheaper young guys and a stabilizing vet or two.

I'm definitely looking forward to see how things play out this offseason. It's definitely been the most interesting in years, and the Mavs are already a big winner with the KP trade imo.

Last edited by turin; 06-29-2019 at 10:14 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #2004
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Brogdon just isn't enough of a big impact player to justify the price. He's a good fit and a great shooter, but I think you can move down the list and find a comparable talent for less money.

And yeah, foot issues can kill your career or seriously derail it ala Devin Harris.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:12 AM   #2005
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Exactly what the doctor ordered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufyO...&frags=pl%2Cwn
This guy plus Rick is a match made in heaven. And Rick and his point guards aren't always

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 06-29-2019 at 11:13 AM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #2006
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #2007
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@TheSteinLine: The Pelicans are indeed interested in Al Horford, according to one league source with knowledge of the situation, but have feared heading into free agency that they would be outbid for him

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #2008
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@LukaInTheCut: “2 for 3” -Woj on Bucks keeping Lopez, Middleton, Brogdon. Both Woj and Lowe say that Brogdon is most likely to be the one out. “Realistic” that they let Brogdon walk on an offer $20M+/yr

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #2009
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@LukaInTheCut: “2 for 3” -Woj on Bucks keeping Lopez, Middleton, Brogdon. Both Woj and Lowe say that Brogdon is most likely to be the one out. “Realistic” that they let Brogdon walk on an offer $20M+/yr
Brogdon has been my number one choice but I also get those who are hesitant to pay him big money. For wise there aren’t many player age and skill considered that fit better. If we can’t get a big fish, I would make a side deal with two of the smaller fish and then offer Brogdon 4/85 and try to structure it that it in a ways that forces Bucks to let him go and team option year 4.

As I mentioned above, if we don’t go after Brogdon and miss the big fish, I would like us to look at G. Hill another really good fit and maybe much much cheaper.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #2010
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Brogdon just isn't enough of a big impact player to justify the price. He's a good fit and a great shooter, but I think you can move down the list and find a comparable talent for less money.

And yeah, foot issues can kill your career or seriously derail it ala Devin Harris.
A healthy klay is probably the only guy in the world who defends and shoots as well as brogdon.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:29 PM   #2011
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
A healthy klay is probably the only guy in the world who defends and shoots as well as brogdon.
Hmm - interesting read...
Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #2012
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Iv read that, he's an elite defender.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #2013
Underdog

Quote:
Yeah, I’m gonna side with the folks in the comment section who say the author doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about when it comes to Brogdon’s defense.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:42 PM   #2014
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Quote:
2019 - where any idiot with a keyboard can get clicks. This very young guy is not someone we should be citing.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #2015
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure why we should discount this piece. This guy writes about the Bucks, has seen the Bucks all year, and lives in Wisconsin. He's a Bucks fan and a sports writer. It's not like he's looking for problems. His team wants Brogdon! He has no reason to misrepresent Brogdon's skills.

And, for the record, Brogdon is a bit heavy-footed.

Defensive metrics are hard to measure. So even if Brogdon is only average on defense, it may be that the a team like the Mavs might consider Beverley a better value and a better fit for this team. Long term Beverley at 3 at 40 may be better (and smarter) than Brogdon at 4 and 80.

Just sayin.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #2016
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Scratch Mirotic off the list. He signing with a euro league club.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #2017
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
I'm not sure why we should discount this piece. This guy writes about the Bucks, has seen the Bucks all year, and lives in Wisconsin. He's a Bucks fan and a sports writer. It's not like he's looking for problems. His team wants Brogdon! He has no reason to misrepresent Brogdon's skills.

Defensive metrics are hard to measure. So even if Brogdon is only average on defense, it may be that the a team like the Mavs might consider Beverley a better value and a better fit for this team. Long term Beverley at 3 at 40 may be better (and smarter) than Brogdon at 4 and 80.

Just sayin.
I can name a handful of Mavs “writers” who don’t know shit about basketball either. Just because you’re watching doesn’t mean you know what you’re looking at — all it takes to get a press pass is a website, and literally anyone can do that... Let’s not forget that this article is attempting to argue against Brogdon’s REPUTATION as a defender, which was earned by everyone else who watches him play.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #2018
Underdog

Quote:
Scratch Mirotic off the list. He signing with a euro league club.
Came here to post that... WTF??

@BR_NBA: Nikola Mirotić is negotiating deal with Barcelona's basketball club, is "optimistic" about playing for the team next season, via @sport

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #2019
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:

Just sayin.
The way he misrepresents data is pretty clear. It’s not hard to make anyone look bad using stats. That’s why data analytics is one of the fastest growing careers. Being able to correctly connect dots to the bigger picture is key.

To Underdog’s point, just read the counter points in the comments. Also, watch his game. It would be hard to sell me that Brogdon is not a solid defender with the potential to be all defensive.

As far as your point on value comparison between Beverley and Brogdon, fair point. Brogdon is not risk free. He has health concerns and has never really turned it on like Klay despite having similar potential. Can he hit 3s at 40+% if he’s asked to double his volume (7+ a game). This is what he would need to do for us.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-29-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #2020
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Came here to post that... WTF??

@BR_NBA: Nikola Mirotić is negotiating deal with Barcelona's basketball club, is "optimistic" about playing for the team next season, via @sport
He actually made some sense for the Mavs, but I guess he isn’t going to get his market value likely due to injury concerns.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #2021
Underdog

One less FA for us to go after, one less FA for our competition to go after, one less reason for the Bucks to let Brogdon walk... It's official:

@ShamsCharania: NBA free agent Nikola Mirotic has decided to sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Mirotic was in the market for $45-50M total in contract in the NBA.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #2022
JJP

Quote:
I can name a handful of Mavs “writers” who don’t know shit about basketball either. Just because you’re watching doesn’t mean you know what you’re looking at — all it takes to get a press pass is a website, and literally anyone can do that... Let’s not forget that this article is attempting to argue against Brogdon’s REPUTATION as a defender, which was earned by everyone else who watches him play.
While that's true, it doesn't necessarily mean the writer doesn't know what he's talking about. And there are a lot of people here who might be wishing this defensive "liability" to not be true. So there's all that. Fans aren't the most objective judges of skill.

Teams have their own way of measuring defensive metrics, so we will likely never know for sure.

I watched Brogdon and loved the guy. I think the fact is that a lot of fans would like Brogdon even if his defense was less than stellar. His offense may make up for it. But I'm also not willing to disregard the writer as all wrong.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #2023
Underdog

Quote:
While that's true, it doesn't necessarily mean the writer doesn't know what he's talking about. And there are a lot of people here who might be wishing this defensive "liability" to not be true. So there's all that. Fans aren't the most objective judges of skill.

Teams have their own way of measuring defensive metrics, so we will likely never know for sure.

I watched Brogdon and loved the guy. I think the fact is that a lot of fans would like Brogdon even if his defense was less than stellar. His offense may make up for it. But I'm also not willing to disregard the writer as all wrong.
I don't need to base my opinion on that article when I've watched Brogdon with my own eyes... And like I said in the post you just quoted -- this author is arguing against Brogdon's REPUTATION, which was earned by dozens of different writers who are equally, if not more, qualified than this guy. Hell, every single comment below the article argues against his point, so his own fanbase doesn't see it either.

This ain't it.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #2024
Underdog

Quote:
One less FA for us to go after, one less FA for our competition to go after, one less reason for the Bucks to let Brogdon walk... It's official:

@ShamsCharania: NBA free agent Nikola Mirotic has decided to sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Mirotic was in the market for $45-50M total in contract in the NBA.
@IsaacLHarris: Price tag for Maxi Kleber might have just gone up a little

Old 06-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #2025
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes he does with the possible exception of butler. 1) he is an absolutely elite defender. He should have made the all NBA defensive team and he has a lot of position flex defensively. He can guard 1-3 and can switch on 4s credibly but can't guard them over a whole game. He's a better defender than all of them, including butler. 2) he's by far the best shooter available since klay is hurt. He's a career 41% 3pt shooter and a career 90% ft shooter. 3) he's used to playing off the ball. Outside of horford this is one of his biggest strengths. The third star in a big 3, is always going to be marginalized touches wise. Luka and kp are both so high usage it's going to be an adjustment playing with each other let alone a third ball dominant player ala kemba or butler. Brogdons ability to be productive without touching the ball every possession is a plus. 4) he can't be attacked in games at the highest level on either end. This is mostly true of jimmy too though he isn't a great shooter. But kemba? Can attack his d, vuc same thing.
Elite defender is extreme.
He holds on his own on defense. I'm not going to say he's All NBA defender territory.

I'm not arguing that Brogdon can't help this team. Just not for the price. If I'm spending that type of money I want a game changer on offense. I want a elite scorer. I also want someone who can run the offense when Doncic needs a breather. Brogdon is a solid shooter and solid defender. Probably even a better shooter and for sure a better defender than Kemba. But he's not the scorer Kemba is and never will be.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #2026
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

So Kemba is signing with the Celtics.....end of that talk.........

But looking at the Hornets....no wonder why he didn't re-sign. They are over the salary cap and all of their money is locked into Batum, Biyombo, Gilchrist.......best players are on their team were probably Lamb and Walker and they were criminally under paying them.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:52 PM   #2027
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt be surprised if they try to split up the 32m to get beverley and Brogdon...but maybe we are 4-5m short for this

Beverley/Brunson
Brogdon/THJ
Luka/JJ/DFS
KP
Powell/Kleber
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #2028
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Fish also saying Mavs won't offer max for Tobias Harris. I'm fine with that, but guess that could change depending on how free agency develops. He might be one of the more realistic targets and if we haven't singed anyone in the first 48 hours, who knows...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #2029
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if they try to split up the 32m to get beverley and Brogdon...but maybe we are 4-5m short for this

Beverley/Brunson
Brogdon/THJ
Luka/JJ/DFS
KP
Powell/Kleber
Would be a nice lineup!
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:22 PM   #2030
JJP

Quote:
.... so his own fanbase doesn't see it either.
No, they wouldn't.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #2031
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Elite defender is extreme.
He holds on his own on defense. I'm not going to say he's All NBA defender territory.

I'm not arguing that Brogdon can't help this team. Just not for the price. If I'm spending that type of money I want a game changer on offense. I want a elite scorer. I also want someone who can run the offense when Doncic needs a breather. Brogdon is a solid shooter and solid defender. Probably even a better shooter and for sure a better defender than Kemba. But he's not the scorer Kemba is and never will be.
You have 2 elite scorers and if you don’t want to count Luka then one elite proven scorer in KP and one very very good scorer on Luka. No other team has 3 elite scorers other than GS the last few years.

We need someone to play good D, score 15-20 points and as you said run the offense when Luka is out. Brogdon easily meets all that and don’t forget that we also have Brunson who proved last year as a rookie that he is very good at that and should only get better.

We have game changers in Luka and KP...we need a solid 3rd guy and again Brogdon can be that although maybe at a higher price then we would like but that’s how it works out sometimes.

Last edited by AO41; 06-29-2019 at 04:30 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #2032
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
Would be a nice lineup!
That lineup would be probably 10th best in the West at BEST.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #2033
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Beverley/Brunson
Brogdon/THJ
Luka/JJ/DFS
KP
Powell/Kleber

Wouldn’t make much sense to get both a Brogdon and Bev. when we already have Brunson and probably JJ coming back.

I think it will more likely be Bev. and T. Harris since we can’t do Brogdon and Harris.

I think

Bev/ Brunson
Luka /THJ
Harris
KP
Powell/ Maxi

Is a lot better but I am still not in love by any means with our starting C.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #2034
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Narnia...

Seriously undervaluing the Doncic + KP impact.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #2035
Underdog

@wojespn: Nets will be willing to work with Russell and his reps on ways to get him to a team of his choice, including sign-and-trade scenarios, league sources tell ESPN. If Russell and Nets found a sign-and-trade deal that works for both, obviously, there's no need to renounce his rights.

We have the cap space and that TPE, so if he wants to come here we can get him...

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:06 PM   #2036
Underdog

Fish says Mavs are interested in Tobias Harris, but not for max.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #2037
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
What are you expecting from Luka next year? I expect about 27/8/7 on 46/36/75, and a second team all NBA. And I expect the Luka kp pick and roll to be the best play in basketball
Old 06-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #2038
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
@wojespn: Nets will be willing to work with Russell and his reps on ways to get him to a team of his choice, including sign-and-trade scenarios, league sources tell ESPN. If Russell and Nets found a sign-and-trade deal that works for both, obviously, there's no need to renounce his rights.

We have the cap space and that TPE, so if he wants to come here we can get him...
If you thought Kemba was a bad fit...

This will be the test on whether the Mavs just want the shiny coin or are going to play it smart with fit/defensive plan B types. They going to dump it all on Harris or D-Lo?

We really don't know if they are going to snap and splurge on someone like him or not. Latest reports say Mavs are doing the plan B thing. We will see...

Old 06-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #2039
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
What are you expecting from Luka next year? I expect about 27/8/7 on 46/36/75, and a second team all NBA. And I expect the Luka kp pick and roll to be the best play in basketball
I would say his assists go up, rebounds tbd by who we pick up, and points about the same.

More importantly, I would expect his overall efficiency to go up.

Best guess: 22/8/7 on 45/36/75%

Combine that with a 23/6/2 from Porzingis.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:25 PM   #2040
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
If you thought Kemba was a bad fit...

This will be the test on whether the Mavs just want the shiny coin or are going to play it smart with fit/defensive plan B types. They going to dump it all on Harris or D-Lo?

We really don't know if they are going to snap and splurge on someone like him or not. Latest reports say Mavs are doing the plan B thing. We will see...
Russell is a better fit than kemba and I have no desire for russell

Tags
win now